{'en': 'Slow insulin What time is it better to put it?', 'es': 'Insulina lenta ¿a que hora es mejor ponerla?'} Image

Slow insulin What time is it better to put it?

Pipo's profile photo   10/26/2020 8:23 a.m.

The same thing happens to me, I usually get alone at about 3.00-3.30 I put on threeiba, I put it at night and now at 16.00, the problem that I see is that when I get up, I'm fine, then if I put a fast unit at 3.00 it wouldn't get well in the morning.I don't know what to do anymore.Because after dinner I am well at 100 but at 3.00 it rises to 200, Ceno always broccoli, fish (golden average, lubina, trout ...) 50 gr of bread with a little sausage, 1 yogurt and 1 fruit, it may seemThat he dresses a lot but I already tell you that at 2 of dinner I am fine.What can I do?
It also happens to me at 18.30 in the afternoon k tb tends to climb me will I miss basal?But if I upload it, I don't know if I will arrive in the morning well because although I get up at 3.00 then I wake up in the range.

Thank you very much for your help

maca's profile photo
maca
01/01/2021 1:55 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

@Maca, you can try to put it in the morning, maybe I move that peak and match you a fast dose at dinner.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
01/02/2021 2:05 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

I use toujeo (14 units) and I have changed application time.Theoretically it is a flat insulin and the time should give the same, but I know that for a year I am doing better at 8 pm than in the morning.Of course, I have also modified the number of units: sometimes I need more, sometimes ...

I have done all kinds of evidence with myself, I figure like everyone else.The only thing I pursue at night is to be able to sleep from the pull without the happy alarms of the free (both precious), especially when I work.What is doing well is dinner soon, about 20:30.I put some 2-3 units of FIASP (at that time, 1 unit covers me 2 rations of HC).At two hours I am manual of the perfect diabetic.At 00:30, clock, small descent that I solve with a minibrick of semi milk and I'm going to sleep.If the conjunction of the stars, the meigas and the movement of the tectonic layers decide, until 8 o'clock the reader's alarm does not sound: 140 and climbing with joy.As more or less matches me with the alarm clock, because I get up and I put what corresponds to me for coffee and correction.I get up high, yes, but I'm not interested in raising the slow because the rest of the day I endure very well among meals, without hypoglycemia.

Palomilla's profile photo
Palomilla
01/02/2021 1:11 p.m.

DM1 desde abril 2018.
Toujeo y Fiasp.
Primero, Dexcom G4, luego, FreeStyle 2 (SS), ahora, Dexcom One (SS).

Good morning ... something very interesting to try, is a pediatric penpyrFast insulin unit is a lot and you run risk of hypoglycemia? "... well ... with this pen can you apply" of a half -unit "... is fantastic ... it helped me a lot ... and I have51 years ... for example, 35 raviol lunch and I apply 2.5 units and go perfect!(Continuing with several of the previous comments, I apply 15 minutes before eating, so that insulin already begins to act when I start).Greetings.

Alemeil's profile photo
Alemeil
01/03/2021 6:30 p.m.

Buenos Aires. Argentina.
DM 1 desde 2005 (35 años en ese entonces).
NovoRapid Penfil y Tresiba FlexTouch.
FreeStyle Libre 1 desde Agosto 2019.

Good afternoon
Each must look for the most appropriate time
The theory says "putting the right dose" is to handle levels.I play even putting more to see if I could "save me the fast breakfast", but no.
My best option is at night, you sleep at night (you are not eating or doing anything) and you can see the effect of the slow, in my case the toujeo.
Is it interesting, playing with the famous 4 hours to start taking effect .. decision?4 hours before bedtime, at the end of dinner ..... to me the first slow one that put me did not do well, so that if it does not tepuncion with 2-3 options, it requests insulin change

pablus75's profile photo
pablus75
01/03/2021 8:57 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.