{'en': 'Slow insulin What time is it better to put it?', 'es': 'Insulina lenta ¿a que hora es mejor ponerla?'} Image

Slow insulin What time is it better to put it?

Pipo's profile photo   10/26/2020 8:23 a.m.

Hello,

What time is it better to put the slow?

I always put it in the night before bed, at 3:30 in the morning, more or less I always climb my glucose.

What can I do?

I usually put alarm to inject quickly but I don't think it's the solution.

Thank you!

Pipo's profile photo
Pipo
10/26/2020 8:23 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

I think in your case it is not the solution, but I do not pay attention to me, to see how they tell you a machine!

juanesto's profile photo
juanesto
10/26/2020 9:21 a.m.

There is no better time to put the slow.Each one decided when we do it.At night I was not going well and a few years ago I put it at 2pm.In the morning I never put it on, I would try if it wasn't good, but I don't always have the same schedules at work and m would be "more annoying."
When something doesn't work we have to change it so try, you don't lose anything.Loating at 3 is not the solution.You have to live with diabetes not for her.

Anaisabel's profile photo
Anaisabel
10/26/2020 1:49 p.m.

OK, thanks a lot

Pipo's profile photo
Pipo
10/26/2020 2:30 p.m.

@Pipo I put it at night and I do well if my dinner has few fats and proteins.
When as fats and proteins, along with hydrates, glycemia is triggered at about 3:00 like you, just when the effect of rapid insulin ends more or less.

The best option is to have dinner soon and take few fats and proteins at night.(In my case little cheese, no pizza, sausages or things like that)

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
10/28/2020 3:06 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

ruthbia said:
@pipo I put it at night and I do well if my dinner has few fats and proteins.
When as fats and proteins, along with hydrates, glycemia is triggered at about 3:00 like you, just when the effect of rapid insulin ends more or less.

The best option is to have dinner soon and take few fats and proteins at night.(In my case little cheese, no pizza, sausages or things like that)

I usually have 8:30

Pipo's profile photo
Pipo
10/28/2020 3:42 p.m.

@Pipo
If I believe that in your case if you dinner early and with few fats an option is to gradually upload the basal and see how it works for you.Some rise from unity in unity and others two by two.But in any case, you will have to wait a few days to wait for whether or not and have patience.I follow the three -day rule.Three days in a row / putting the leg means changing insulin (downward or upward)

All the best

jldiazdel's profile photo
jldiazdel
10/28/2020 5:58 p.m.

DM1 desde Marzo 2018 (53 años). 7-10 unidades basal: Abasaglar (insulina glargina). NovoRapid. Factor 1.0/1.5.
Vivo en Alemania. CarboH total dia 70-80 gr. Deporte Gym todos dias L-V 1h-2 h
HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

Ok patience you will have to have thanks 😊

Pipo's profile photo
Pipo
10/28/2020 7 p.m.

Lantus can give more "problems" depends on the time because it does not reach 24 hours of action (I ended up putting it twice, in the morning and at night to avoid nocturnal hypos).With Tresiba, it doesn't matter when putting it because it lasts more than 24h, which does not matter in the morning or night (I put it at night because of the comfort of not taking it out of home and leaving it in the fridge).

macarron_con_diabetes's profile photo
macarron_con_diabetes
10/28/2020 8:01 p.m.

DM1 desde Julio 1992 (con 11 años).
Bomba Medtronic 780G con Novorapid.
HbA1c: 5,9% (Octubre 2022), TIR 91%

The slow, Example Novomix 30, is usually for the night and must be injected into the pompis for its slow absorption through the body, injected into arms or abdomen for breakfast or lunch you will get insulin to work faster.
Inject in legs and buttocks the insulin of the dinner and Recena you will be able to cover the night better, without hypoglycemic reactions problems.

match53's profile photo
match53
11/01/2020 1:30 p.m.

DM 2 hace 22 años
Compectant 15/850
Novomix50 ( 30-30) mañana/mediodi - novomix30 (60) noche
Glicada ultima - Stbre/21.....7,6

@Match53, the Novomix30 is not a slow insulin alone, 30%is fast and 70%is slow.And it should be put before meals for the rapid it carries.
You can put slow insulin whenever you want, when each one does well.

Anaisabel's profile photo
Anaisabel
11/01/2020 1:47 p.m.

At the time that goes best.
If you use Lantus and it goes down at night, it will better put it in the morning.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
11/01/2020 2:35 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Well, if you go down, the dose decreases, you know well that better 155 than 50, obviously the slow ones are more thought for long periods, I mean the night, but as I have said each person is a case, it is best to experiment but not playing it,Observe with meals controlled as your body reacts with the dose, take note, and test, when you get a morning average, nocturnal noon would have caught it, they had to operate, a year ago, of cataracts and the last result was of "Moderate retinopathy "A year ago, well, a visit before the operation, the ophthalmologo, was peplex ..., my cataract had not increased if not reduced ...?, my background was fine ...?, why,? ... ..., I know
Greetings

match53's profile photo
match53
11/01/2020 3:58 p.m.

DM 2 hace 22 años
Compectant 15/850

By the way, my ophthalmologist after the visit told me not to operate and put on the visit "Mild retinopathy" ....

match53's profile photo
match53
11/01/2020 3:59 p.m.

DM 2 hace 22 años
Compectant 15/850

The basal insulin. I was almost 30 years by placing me at dinner time.Without the change with which I now put Toujeo I put it at 4:30 p.m. when I get up to go to work at 4:30 or 5 and breakfast has already caused almost its greatest effect and thus I do not suffer hypoglycemia during the day.The best thing is that you consult the diabetes school and give you a solution a greeting

2piuviato1frts's profile photo
2piuviato1frts
12/09/2020 10:19 p.m.

K5288pn25.

The risk of putting insulin at night is hypoglycemodiate when you are asleep and not being able to correct this, many diabetics die at night because of this problem, so it is better to apply it when you are going to be awake for a significant period of time and you can be controlling.
As a comment, diabetics must take our illness very seriously.Eat the diet indicated by the nutritionist or the doctor, always at the same time, with the respective collations, one between breakfast and food, and another between food and dinner.Do not eat between meals.
Do at least 30 minutes of a daily energetic exercise and take our medications or put the insulin always at the indicated hours, always at the same time.
Sleeping eight hours during the night, since it is in this period that the growth hormone occurs that helps us to regenerate our body.That way we will have good control over our disease.
Medications and insulin are not magical, they require discipline.

MARIZUJIMENEZH's profile photo
MARIZUJIMENEZH
12/11/2020 12:07 a.m.

@Marizujimanezh, now slow insulins are used, with which the five meals per day are not needed. Not even a fixed meal schedule, just put the quick when eaten.
These insulins give much more freedom and stability than the old slow ones.
Lantus, Toujeo or Tresiba are of that type.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
12/11/2020 5:20 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

@Marizujimenezh As @regina tells you modern insulins have a 24 -hour effect and do not have a peak of action, they are quite stable throughout the day.It doesn't matter how you put it on.With Lantus, there are some that we have seen that the effect does not last 24 hours and if it has a small peak of action, but Toujeo and Tresiba are more modern and no longer have it.And it is not necessary to carry a strict diet or respect schedules.
Slow insulin must be adjusted so that it covers the needs of the body when you are fasting and the rapid covers the meals.If the glucose goes down at night once you no longer have a quick insulin is that the dose should not be lowered or put on another hour.And the rapid fits depending on what you are going to eat (especially hydrates but also protein and fat).
For people who do not know how to count hydrates or some type 2 who only use pills and/or slow insulin or for those who do not know how to adjust the dose to what they eat, if it can be a good idea to follow a strict diet and always use the same insulin, same schedules, etc.But if you know how to adjust insulin it is not necessary.
And the exercise is highly recommended for everyone but it is not essential to hire glucose, it is more to type 1 many exercises up the glucose and it becomes much more difficult to control.It is worth it for the benefit it contributes but in many cases more to help it makes it more difficult.I have started a training in 80 and end almost 200 and have to put insulin to correct.Each must know their body and how they react to each type of exercise to adjust the treatment.
In diabetes both treatment and diet and exercise have to adapt to each specific case, it does not work for everyone.And it is not useful to follow what the doctor tells you because every day is different and everything affects glucose and the doctor does not live with you to make the adjustments.It is best to form well to be autonomous and thus lead a life as normal as possible.

Yessica_A's profile photo
Yessica_A
12/11/2020 12:20 p.m.

DM1 desde 2003 | Toujeo + Humalog | FreeStyle 2 | HbA1c 5.5

As you all know more or less, there are 4 places to put the insulin, arm (fast absorption), belly (somewhat less), legs (a little less) and the most slow absorption part is in the buttocks (ass), there isWhere the slow insulin of the night and works, I see that many use the lantus, here, at least where I am used Novomix 50 (tomorrow/noon) and the 30 (night), in addition to victza in the morning(It is not insulin), it serves to slow down the absorption of sugars by meals.

match53's profile photo
match53
12/13/2020 11:09 a.m.

DM 2 hace 22 años
Compectant 15/850

I tell you our case.The slow one puts on my son is the Tresiba Q is already very stable but, this summer, with a disguise, we stop clicking on us at night and we did it when we got up.The result has been unbeatable.The peaks of the day when we eat have softened.We hardly reach 180 and, on the contrary, at night, we hardly go down from 80.
A happy coincidence!

DM1 since 2017. H1B 5.1.Tresiba and Humalog.
I love the forum.Greetings.

evacf's profile photo
evacf
12/13/2020 11:43 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.