I just be diagnosed

Jvaliente's profile photo   04/24/2021 6:02 p.m.

Good afternoon, my name is José Luis, I am 42 years old and yesterday I was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes.
Please, I beg you to help me, I am very, very lost and scared.I don't know that it will happen from now on.I have never had any symptoms and they have diagnosed it after an analytical where the sugar came out at 139
Since yesterday I do nothing but read things related to this disease and I am very scared.I have read that people with diabetes have a minor life expectancy than a person without diabetes .... They have told me that I have to eliminate junk food, bolleria, alcohol and little more ... how dangerous is itdiabetes 2?Thanks for your time

Jvaliente's profile photo
Jvaliente
04/24/2021 6:02 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

@Jvaliente

Jose Luis, don't worry.I will be direct and of course.If you eat well and do sports your life expectancy is not affected by diabetes.A cancer can be deadly.Diabetes no.But if you eat garbage as you say and Bolleria, juices, etc., then diabetes kills slowly.It takes to kill you.But kill.
Now you have to decide if you want to take care of yourself and live what you have left or die early and eat garbage.

That said, you have to go to an endocrine and follow the medication that recommends you.Going to a nutritionist is also very important.As you have type 2 diabetes, if you do sports regularly and eat well, you can avoid insulin.But you have to take it seriously.It's not about being scared.But to take action.Remember: regular sport and healthy food.It all depends on you.But go to an endocrine and explain you

All the best

jldiazdel's profile photo
jldiazdel
04/24/2021 6:24 p.m.

DM1 desde Marzo 2018 (53 años). 7-10 unidades basal: Abasaglar (insulina glargina). NovoRapid. Factor 1.0/1.5.
Vivo en Alemania. CarboH total dia 70-80 gr. Deporte Gym todos dias L-V 1h-2 h
HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

Type 2 diabetes are not usually carried by endocrine but primary care doctors and nurses.Only complicated cases that are not controlled, are sent to the endocrine.
You may need insulin over time when you no longer have reservations but they will spend many years until that.It does not mean then that diabetes is more serious but simply have no insulin reserves in your pancreas.
For the rest, food, exercise and medication that they have sent you.As for life expectancy, look, I have long stopped worrying about the future in that sense, nobody knows what is going to happen, there are my friends who were healthy and suddenly had cancer.If you take care of yourself, you should not have many problems and if there are when you are older, they will be approachable, something that will not happen if you do not take care of yourself.Stop worrying about the future and lives the present and tries to take care of you to be as well as possible in the future but without overwhelming.

meginer's profile photo
meginer
04/24/2021 6:35 p.m.

I thank you very much of the comments, the truth is that in case, I am a hypochondriac and since yesterday I do not think of anything else.I also have a little tension that has regulated me with a pill ... I have read things in the forum and I don't know if simply with diet and exercise can be regulated.139 on an empty stomach?I'm blind with all this

Jvaliente
04/24/2021 6:44 p.m.

@Jvaliente

139 On an empty stomach is something high.It could be worse!It is not very high but it is not a good fasting result.You should be close to 100.

Your doctor will tell you the medication.

jldiazdel's profile photo
jldiazdel
04/24/2021 6:58 p.m.

DM1 desde Marzo 2018 (53 años). 7-10 unidades basal: Abasaglar (insulina glargina). NovoRapid. Factor 1.0/1.5.
Vivo en Alemania. CarboH total dia 70-80 gr. Deporte Gym todos dias L-V 1h-2 h
HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

Good Jose, quiet, I will give you a advice that may seem like a topic right now but if you do you will see it over time, do sports; Iníciate in something and do it daily

diabetika1's profile photo
diabetika1
04/24/2021 7:03 p.m.

Thank you again, but I read that there are people who find it really difficult to lead a normal life, telling sugars, carbohydrates ... etc ... I am afraid that it happens to me like other people who get fainted ...etc .. Really, physically I don't notice anything ... I have learned of diabetes casually because of an analytical.I don't know what to expect from all this

Jvaliente
04/24/2021 7:43 p.m.

Quiet, there are missing data and analysis to know if you are diabetic and what kind, who told you that you have diabetes?Have you made glycosylated hemoglobin?Those 139 on the moment without more data only indicate prediabetes, are you obese?What kind of food are you?Do you exercise? Have you sent you any medication?

Alberto_13's profile photo
Alberto_13
04/24/2021 8:07 p.m.

DM3c desde 2018; hb 6 % (feb.. 2022) (tresiba+fiasp+metformina)

alberto_13 said:
quiet, missing data and analysis to know if you are diabetic and what type, who told you that you have diabetes?Have you made glycosylated hemoglobin?Those 139 on the moment without more data only indicate prediabetes, are you obese?What kind of food are you?Do you exercise? Have you sent you any medication?

Thanks Alberto.The urologist asked me for an analytics to see the PSA.By chance he looked at the glucose and was 149.
I went a couple of days to endocrine.He told me that with 149 he was safe diabetic, that he did not have the certainty at 100% of being able to tell me if type 1 or 2 but that it was almost sure that it was type 2, because other previous analytics showed similar glucose indices and had not debuted suddenly suddenly, I had not had symptoms, I did not end in the emergency room ... etc. The fact is that it has asked me for another analytical analytics to confirm ... but that meia metformin pill or something like that ... would take something like that ... II would like to try to reverse this situation with diet and exercise.
I have not been eating well, because of the speed for example I have breakfast some pastries and coffee, I take many sugary juices, Cocacola, during the week not much, but on weekends enough alcohol, while cooking a glass of wine, in the foodA beer, if there are guests a little boy .... I exercise none.
I measure 177 and weight 83 kg

Jvaliente
04/24/2021 8:15 p.m.

Ok, do not scare yourself until the results have, the endocrine has precipitated a little, that if you see eliminating the bowling, the sugary soft drinks, the juices that are not made by you and of course, which hurts the most to reduce alcohol the minimum, take the metformin that have prescribed and calm you, the stress, the nervousness ultimately the hypochondria will increase the blood glucose and of course see looking for an exercise that you like to perform every day a little while

Alberto_13
04/24/2021 8:29 p.m.

@Jvaliente
Do not overwhelm.It happens to everyone when we find out but also then happens to us.
Of course, plant that your life should change to better, healthier.The pastries and sugary juices are over, a glass of wine from time to time you can take it.It is not so bad, but without abusing.But in general healthy eating and sport.Walking is great.And you will see that nothing happens.
And a advice.Do not worry about taking medication (because of the metformin you comment).In this, to control the disease are medication, food and sport.And thanks we have to give for having medication that helps us.And nothing happens.
They will test you what is doing well to be controlled, which is the important thing.
Much encouragement.

isabelbota's profile photo
isabelbota
04/24/2021 8:39 p.m.

DM 2 con páncreas agotado desde diciembre 2020. 51 años entonces.
HG diciembre 2020: 15.9. Última HG: julio 2024 5.8
Abasaglar 9 unidades. Metformina, 1000/0/1000. Humalog junior: 2 unid en desayuno y luego en función de lo que coma.

@Jvaliente one is never prepared to have a disease.The attitude to face it depends on each of us.

When you give you the results and see what glycosylated hemoglobin you have, you can also get an idea of ​​what stage you are in.It is not the same to have the diagnosis with a very high value with one within normality.
The closer to normal values ​​you are, evidently the better and perhaps, the changes of habits are even simpler.

Much encouragement.

anif's profile photo
anif
04/24/2021 10:55 p.m.

DM2 (2019)

Thank you all

Jvaliente
04/25/2021 12:16 a.m.

Alberto_13 said:
... those 139 on the fasting without more data indicate prediabetes ...?

139 On an empty stomach is not prediabetes.When prediabetes is when fasting glucose is between 100 and 125. From 126 it is almost safe diabetes, but other studies must be done, for example see blood glucose 2 hours after food and especially glucosiladis below 5.7.Up to 6.5 of glucosilada is prediabetes, superior is diabetes.

matrix's profile photo
matrix
05/01/2021 2:41 p.m.

Desde México. DB2. Metformina c/ 12hrs. No insulina. HCG22/02/21: 9.0. HCG 18/04/21: 7.4

... had no symptoms .....

Feeling good is not synonymous with being fine.There are diseases such as DB2 and hypertension that are asymptomatic.

matrix's profile photo
matrix
05/01/2021 2:43 p.m.

Desde México. DB2. Metformina c/ 12hrs. No insulina. HCG22/02/21: 9.0. HCG 18/04/21: 7.4

jvaliente said:
... have diagnosed me after an analytical where sugar came out at 139

With a unique result of 139, they should not declare you diabetic without other studies.You are likely to be, but you need to make HCG test (glucosylated hemoglobin) and with the result it could already be better determined.

Glucosylated shows you the average glucose in the last 90 days, so it is a very good measurement to know if we are facing the presence of diabetes.

There are some important points:

It would be useful if you may do a standard studies battery such as blood chemistry, blood biometry, lipid profile, general urine exam to see how uric acid, triglycerides, cholesterol etc.to address general health status.Sometimes patients with high glucose could also have uncontrolled lipids and you have to adjust and improve values.You can, with sum of exercise + good nutrition + adequate medication.Good luck, blessings and encouragement.

matrix's profile photo
matrix
05/01/2021 2:46 p.m.

jvaliente said:
good afternoon, my name is José Luis, I am 42 years old and yesterday I was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes.
Please, I beg you to help me, I am very, very lost and scared.I don't know that it will happen from now on.I have never had any symptoms and they have diagnosed it after an analytical where the sugar came out at 139
Since yesterday I do nothing but read things related to this disease and I am very scared.I have read that people with diabetes have a minor life expectancy than a person without diabetes .... They have told me that I have to eliminate junk food, bolleria, alcohol and little more ... how dangerous is itdiabetes 2?Thanks for your time

A value of 139 on an empty stomach is not a very high figure so you are in time to control the situation.Don't be distressed.Any other health problem?

I think you should start lowering the consumption of sugar and carbohydrates.This is important.As for the exercise, you can walk 10 minutes a day and go up.Thus I started in February of this year ... 10 minutes, then 15 and so ... I now walk 45 min at a daily hour without fail and my glucose has dropped from 160 on an empty stomach to 132. My glycosylated fell from 9.0 to 9.0 to7.4.My goal is to reach 6.5 or less.The walk has helped me a lot, my doctor told me.

A large trick is to apply the 3/1 diet where most of what you eat are vegetables, vegetables, proteins and only one third is carbohydrates as a little bread or rice.There are also many tricks, for example the bread, the bread by whole wheat bread ... the rice mixed half and half with cauliflower rice, etc ... instead of orange juice, commits an orange (it has fiber and does not explode glucoseas with juices).Avoid soft drinks ...

You have to put on your part so that you control diabetes and it is not she who controls you.

It takes a lot of water ... at least two liters a day, it is excellent.

If you go to the doctor, they will surely send you metformin ... maybe one a day, or maybe a dose every 12 hours.There is prolonged liberation metformin that will help you lower the figures.The doctor will be the one who sends you the appropriate dose and treatment.

If you control yourself, food improvements and exercise, you can prevent you from injecting insulin and staying with oral medications.If you control it well, the oral medicine will be at least, and there are cases in which they even eliminate (I have read, I am not 100% sure).

encouragement, and the Forum is of excellent help!Here is a lot of accumulated experience and eager to help.

matrix's profile photo
matrix
05/01/2021 2:53 p.m.

jvaliente said:
.How dangerous is having diabetes 2

Junk food in effect should be removed or minimized.Soft drinks and things with sugar are a poison, you will get used to eliminating or reducing intake.Try to lower fried foods, overflowing foods ... The pastries is fatal and the problem is that it is an addiction, but there are smart ways to address it.

Questions how dangerous is having diabetes? ... well ... if you control it can you live many years without problems and have a "normal" life and enjoy it totally.There are things now that you will value more than before, you will see.

But uncontrolled, diabetes causes serious disorders such as damage to pancreas, kidney and raise cancer, coronary events, view problems and a very long list.

I have friends with diabetes 2 who got into motion, took control and have a life without problem and controlled in every way.It is very important that you exercise.I was a young man, but I left and I am facing the consequences, the body passes you an invoice, it is a fact.Now I am very positive because the treatment, my food and the exercises are helping me a lot and that fills me with energy to face the future, especially for my children, who are young and I want to enjoy them.

encouragement!if possible.

It is important that they really make you an official final diagnosis.Are you in Spain?

matrix's profile photo
matrix
05/01/2021 2:59 p.m.

@Matrix you just sent five messages in a row, where apart from repeating the same you contradict yourself several times and you only manage to confuse the one who reads you, and more to the one who requests help.

Alberto_13
05/01/2021 3:10 p.m.

alberto_13 said:
@matrix you just send five messages in a row, where apart from repeating the same thing you contradict yourself several times and you only manage to confuse the one who reads you, and more to the one who requests help.

I apologize if I sent separate messages, but they were Reply of other comments.And finally because I did not want to stop contributing to the doubts of op.On the other hand, I do not see where I put contradictory information.I would thank you for a lot to tell me that information from which I shared is incorrect or contradictory.Excellent Saturday.

matrix's profile photo
matrix
05/01/2021 3:32 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.