{'en': 'Start of type I diabetes?', 'es': '¿Comienzo de Diabetes Tipo I?'} Image

Start of type I diabetes?

j_aspart's profile photo   06/02/2021 7:34 p.m.

Good afternoon

I introduce myself, my name is Jorge and I am 35 years old.Recently they have done an analytical one and I would like to please, based on your experience, you would tell me if anyone started similarly or what suggests.I know that what I have to do is first wait for all the results to come out (I have to leave the antibodies) and then go to go to the doctor and wait for the appointment, but how is it going for a long time I would appreciate if you told meIf someone started like this or you know if these values ​​can adjust to normal for some similar consultation that you could see.

The analysis carried out on an empty stomach (10-11 hours since the last intake) and I have been very worried about whether it could be the beginning of a type I diabts. I have been low in the insulin 1.7 mcc/ml (2.6 - 25.0)and peptide C 0.71 ng/ml (0.81 - 3.85).Both my glucose values ​​82 mg/dl (70 - 110) and glycosylated hemoglobin 5.1% (4.0 - 5.7) are inside the range.I have followed a low carbohydrate diet (no cereals, flours, potatoes, processed, sugars ...), I don't know this to what extent it can influence in the face of having low insulin.I understand that if I have glucose at the right level, insulin low but I don't know to what extent this can be normal

Is the C peptide something like the insulin that goes down and ups (in non -diabetics type I) or once it is no longer recovered?

Thank you so much.I end how the thing is over, I will tell you that they tell me so that in the future you can advise another lost like me.I hope the thing does not end badly because I already have other things on top (not endocrine) but I don't know if I look good to this ...

Greetings

j_aspart's profile photo
j_aspart
06/02/2021 7:34 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hello good,

The fasting and glycosylated glucose values ​​are good but as the insulin value and the c value indicate that they are like reserves you have them low and that indicates diabetes.

Until you do all the results the best you can do is what you are doing now, avoid refined hydrates, Bolleria, sugary soft drinks .... by prevention.

All the best

marine's profile photo
marine
06/02/2021 8:11 p.m.

@j_aspart

Hello Jorge

With the hemoglobin that you have 5.1% of course it has no diabetes or type 1 or 2. So that you get an idea when I started it in 12% and blood glucose in 300. That is why you do not worry.But it is true that the c peptide have it low.In general it does not recover.It is maintained or low.I don't know very well why you do the analytics but well it never hurts.I can't tell you much more.But for now diabetes or by far.Another thing is that you are lada, that this latent, or you may generate in the future type 1 or 2 diabetes. But well wait for complete analytics and what the endocrine tells you.But I insist.With that hemoglobin now you have no diabetes.
You will tell us
All the best

jldiazdel's profile photo
jldiazdel
06/02/2021 8:14 p.m.

DM1 desde Marzo 2018 (53 años). 7-10 unidades basal: Abasaglar (insulina glargina). NovoRapid. Factor 1.0/1.5.
Vivo en Alemania. CarboH total dia 70-80 gr. Deporte Gym todos dias L-V 1h-2 h
HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

@jldiazdel @marine

Thank you very much for your answers.Now today I agree with you that I have no diabetes, but the thing indicates that this will have a bad future.The complete analytics did to me because I have another autoimmune that is Behcet syndrome and how I went to a visit to the endocrine for something else took advantage and did everything.Behcet syndrome is not usually associated with diabetes as with endocrine autoimmune (hyperthyroidism, addison, etc) but you always have a little point of possibilities than someone who does not have an autoimmune

I will follow the advice to continue with low carbohydrates diet, I started the Paleo Autoimmune diet to be diagnosed in January of Behcet and the truth that my symptoms have improved a lot, what I did not expect is this new blow that the truth has left me very sunk becauseI guess this is simply waiting for my insulin production to go out and be totally dependent.Enough pains and symptoms and quite unfortunate I felt with the other as well as to add something else

I see @jldiazdel that you have DM1 and that also took you as an adult Does all adults with DM1 are lada or can you be DM1 to adult dry?Have you left positive antibodies?I guess your case would start the same as mine but you realized and they diagnosed you when you already had symptoms as usual.I have nothing for now, but they have seen me by chance

Thank you

j_aspart's profile photo
j_aspart
06/02/2021 9:07 p.m.

Not all are DM1 Lada, I debuted with almost 42 years, Glyc 13, C peptide in 0.96, fasting glucose 348mg/dl.Mellitus I, now they say lada for being adult but the first year all the endo told me Mellitus I
Ah!Positive in gad antibodies.
I have another autoimmune, and other coagulation things.
Thirst, hunger and urinate a lot, also great weight loss.
Knowing that you have potential, continue with the diet and you can buy a glucometer and measure from there for when to catch it with time and have a long honeymoon.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
06/02/2021 9:51 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

@Ruthbia

Thank you!!Coagulation problems .... Antiphospholipid syndrome?They are also looking at me because I have given positive antibodies and today they have done the analysis of the 3 months to see if they continue, hopefully they have started because if they have nothing half a year ago to be loaded with shit ...

j_aspart's profile photo
j_aspart
06/02/2021 10:09 p.m.

As Ruthbia tells you, Lada is usually applied to people with very adult diabetes.
Lada means latent autoimmune diabetes.It is something useful if they detect it very early.But I think that little can be done.
It is best to play sports and eat a low carbohydrate diet.And little else the truth.

Medicine is not very advanced in many autoimmune diseases and in our case they do not know how to stop the destruction of beta cells.

You will tell us

jldiazdel
06/02/2021 10:09 p.m.

DM1 desde Marzo 2018 (53 años). 7-10 unidades basal: Abasaglar (insulina glargina). NovoRapid. Factor 1.0/1.5.
HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

@j_aspart good that I'm going to tell you.I had never gone to the doctor until my 42 years.I didn't meet the pediatrician.My first blood test was when I started working.When I entered the emergency diabetes, the reception was pissed off because there was no "stickers".

My coagulation problems detected them with fertility treatment, they are genetic:
- Factor V Leyden Deficit
- Homozigoto bearer of the C677T mutation of the MTHFF gene related to the metabolism of homocysteine.
- Raynaud syndrome in primary degree
There is no solution beyond heparin when I make long flights or prolonged rest.And reviews to see how the arteries go, and capillaroscopy for the hands of there for when.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
06/03/2021 12:35 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Good afternoon.I just saw that the results I had pending have risen to the web and I have really bad because I don't know what pathology I can have.The antibodies have come out negative. Does anyone know if that rules out a lada diabetes or can you have a lada diabetes with negative antibodies?What has alarmed me has been to see the proinsulin so extremely low that I even get double asterisk, I think that proinsulin explained very rigorously is something like the sum of insulin and peptide C but that I get so extremely thrown awayIt has worried me a lot because I no longer know if it can be the cause of diabetes or any pathology of the pancreas.I will tell you the outcome of all this.If anyone knows anything about this or of the antibodies and can throw some light, I would appreciate it greatly because right now I am in a living.Thank you very much

j_aspart's profile photo
j_aspart
06/06/2021 5:31 p.m.

@j_aspart

But if you have an HBA1C of 5.1% !!!

What happens to you?

Talk to your endocrine about your results and not with us.
This forum is not doctors to review clinical results.An error.This forum is to share experiences and help us between people with diabetes.But not to interpret analytics.

Talk to your doctor but this is not the place to exchange analysis results.Anything that we tell you could be counterproductive.Understand it.This is not the site.Talk and discuss your results with your doctor.But not in a forum.It is dangerous.Because most of us are not doctors and without wanting and without bad intention we can give you an erroneous interpretation of the analytics.

I hope you understand it

jldiazdel
06/06/2021 6:58 p.m.

HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

@jldiazdel you are right the truth, I am getting carried away by anxiety and I am here hanging the analytics.Basically, I only intended to know if it was possible to have type 1 diabetes with negative antibodies for having an orientation, it did not intend an interpretation of the analytics.But well, if it's not the site I understand it perfectly, apologize

j_aspart's profile photo
j_aspart
06/06/2021 9:45 p.m.

@j_aspart
This is the site to vent.But it is true that as another Jorge that has written recently you have rare results.
The C peptide indicates low insulin production.I have it low and since I have antibodies I am type 2.
But of course, my results on an empty stomach (386) and glycosilada (15.9) are the ones that diagnosed me diabetes and as you see, they have nothing to do with yours that are completely normal for a healthy person.
Do not overwhelm that you are not diabetic now.You have good results.
Maybe it is something that comes from your other story and does not matter.
And if you ever end up getting diabetes, thank God it is something that today has a solution, treatment and does not hurt.You control your other disease and don't worry beyond day to day.
For now in diabetes you are fine.Without problem.
May your doctor explain to you and have us for what you need.

isabelbota's profile photo
isabelbota
06/06/2021 10:37 p.m.

DM 2 con páncreas agotado desde diciembre 2020. 51 años entonces.
HG diciembre 2020: 15.9. Última HG: julio 2024 5.8
Abasaglar 9 unidades. Metformina, 1000/0/1000. Humalog junior: 2 unid en desayuno y luego en función de lo que coma.

@isabelbota thank you very much, I will tell you so if another anxious enters with rare symptoms there is an example.And if I have come to the group to stay at least I know that here is a good place to vent and help each other.Greetings!!

j_aspart's profile photo
j_aspart
06/06/2021 11:04 p.m.

@j_aspart
We all arrive overwhelmed, don't worry, it's normal.But your results are not to worry, really.You will tell us.

isabelbota
06/06/2021 11:07 p.m.

Abasaglar 9 unidades. Metformina, 1000/0/1000. Humalog junior: 2 unid en desayuno y luego en función de lo que coma.

@j_aspart If it serves you something I am a rare case, I have given negative in antibodies and they have not yet known how to diagnose what type of diabetes I have, that is, my endocrine does not rule out that it is lada even if I have negative antibodies because my peptideC is very low.I also tell you that each endocrine has a different criterion, this diagnosis takes time if it is not clear.And it is normal that you are nervous, I still have anxiety occasionally

smartinez's profile photo
smartinez
06/07/2021 12:13 a.m.

Diabetes LADA desde febrero 2021
Última glico 6,1 el 23/11/23
Toujeo 10 ud

smartinez said:
@j_aspart if it serves something I tb I am a rare case, I have given negative in antibodies and still have not been able to diagnose what kind of diabetes I have, that is, myEndocrine does not rule out that it is lada even if it has negative antibodies because my peptide C is very low.I also tell you that each endocrine has a different criterion, this diagnosis takes time if it is not clear.And it is normal that you are nervous, I still have anxiety occasionally

Yes, but you gave diabetes results for your glucose on an empty stomach and glycosilada, but @j_aspart has perfectly normal values.It is not the same.

isabelbota
06/07/2021 12:24 a.m.

The analytics are very good, I would like me.
Forget about the c, and let a few months pass to repeat analytics.
Right now a doctor is not going to tell you for something punctual, they will look for a pattern over time.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
06/07/2021 1:30 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Isabelbota said:
smartinez said:
@j_aspart if it helps you something I am a rare case, I have given negative in antibodies and still does notThey have known how to diagnose what type of diabetes I have, that is, my endocrine does not rule out that it is lada even if I have negative antibodies because my peptide C is very low.I also tell you that each endocrine has a different criterion, this diagnosis takes time if it is not clear.And it is normal that you are nervous, I still have anxiety occasionally

Yes, but you gave diabetes results for your glucose on an empty stomach and glycosilada, but @j_aspart has perfectly normal values.It is not the same.

TRUE

smartinez's profile photo
smartinez
06/07/2021 2:59 p.m.

Diabetes LADA desde febrero 2021
Última glico 6,1 el 23/11/23
Toujeo 10 ud

Good morning

I tell you a little what the endocrine told me in case one day a lost as me with a similar issue reappears.The truth is that little can be said, the first endocrine that saw me and to which I made the consultation (before I got the results of the antibodies and proinsulin) told me to get the idea that I was developing type 1 diabetesBut being my pancreas still developing some insulin had not yet manifested.I already know that this does not depend on whatever you want or not, if not what it is, but upon receiving the stick of the first news
I have made two other consultations to endocrine and do not coincide with the diagnosis, they think that the data of the proinsulin, insulin and peptide C may be due to the low carbohydrate diet and that, although it is not impossible to develop lada diabetes without antibodies, it enters intoThe unlikely.
The summary ... I will try to be calmer since I have been going through a quite bad streak since the other autoimmune was diagnosed and they are looking at another second, and wait for time to tell me if I finally join this group
Be that as it is, I hope that a cure is soon for this disease, I have hope that in the near future healings will be approximated for the most prevalent autoimmune diseases such as this, lupus, multiple sclerosis, rheumatoid arthritis ... for the rare ones like the one thatI now have that we are 6 out of 100,000 I see it a little further, but I hope to see it
Thank you very much for your help !!

j_aspart's profile photo
j_aspart
06/15/2021 12:21 p.m.

Hello Jorge.I'm glad you're better.It is that your results were good, the truth.Thanks for informing us.
I wish you the best in your other tests and here we are for what you need.Much encouragement.😘😘

isabelbota
06/15/2021 2:09 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.