{'en': 'Fixed schedules', 'es': 'Horarios fijos'} Image

Fixed schedules

diabetikafenix's profile photo   03/02/2021 4:47 p.m.

Hello!

Something happens if a diabetic person skips the fixed schedules of each meal for "x reasons or reasons" ???

Thank you!

diabetikafenix's profile photo
diabetikafenix
03/02/2021 4:47 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

@diabetikafenix

That I know people with diabetes do not have fixed meal schedules!That is very old.Another thing is to eat at regular hours, like any other person, it is beneficial.But nothing more.

The important thing is to control carbohydrates and posterior blood glucose and that's it.For example, if you have dinner too late and with many fats/proteins, you will pay it at night: glycemia will upload you.Inversely, if you leave glasses at night and you spend with alcohol, you will also pay it: glycemia will lower you at night and you may have a hypo.

For the rest that you have to keep in mind is that eating very irregular schedules will make you more difficult to control blood glucose.The more regular you will be, the general the easier it will be to control blood glucose.But nothing more.One day you can change your schedules and nothing happens.

All the best

jldiazdel's profile photo
jldiazdel
03/02/2021 4:58 p.m.

DM1 desde Marzo 2018 (53 años). 7-10 unidades basal: Abasaglar (insulina glargina). NovoRapid. Factor 1.0/1.5.
Vivo en Alemania. CarboH total dia 70-80 gr. Deporte Gym todos dias L-V 1h-2 h
HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

I remember having fixed schedules with a slow NPH insulin that peak at 5 or 6 hours .. but now it is no longer used.
That was a tremendous slavery and stress.
With flat insulins, we rest.
There are no schedules, nor forced meals.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
03/02/2021 8:31 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

I subscribe, @regina, it was a real pain

nigiri's profile photo
nigiri
03/02/2021 10:20 p.m.

DM1 desde 1990 - Fiasp y Toujeo - HG: 6,1

I am doing well with fixed schedules, at 00:00 Lentus, always.At 9 or 10 breakfast, a pecking a couple of hours later and at 4 more or less to eat well.At night now with the Covi Ceno later, at 11 or 00 something soft, and I endure well at dawn, obvious before I like a sandwich or something similar.Thus I control my D1.I was irregular in the tempos a couple of months ago, the lack of control of hours I harm myself a lot.

Pablo Asturianin's profile photo
Pablo Asturianin
03/03/2021 2:09 a.m.

Tengo diabetes desde el martes 9 de junio del 2020. Tipo 1.
Llevo el FREESTYLE Desde el 30 de Julio. Todo muy bien, con subidas y bajadas pero aprendiendo a controlarme más cada día. Gracias por el foro.
Share on Twitter

@"Pablo Asturianin" Yes, the slow always at her time, but I mean meals.
Nothing happens if the average or an hour behind.You can not even eat one day and the slow keeps you.
But that insulin was slavery. Yes, you were behind half an hour in food, it could give you tremendous hypoglycemia
Advances in insulins are facilitating life.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
03/03/2021 2:16 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)

You had to eat the same hydrates, at the same time .... Uffff ... It was horrible, my social life was painful.I was not much with the NPH, but they didn't leave me a good memory.

With the insulin there, now we can eat whenever we want, but it is best to lead an orderly life.

Anaisabel's profile photo
Anaisabel
03/03/2021 9:38 a.m.

Jo, I have not lived what you comment on those slow insulins and that slavery, but it was how I thought it still worked today related to diabetes.So, when I was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes a year ago, I thought about all this and depressed a lot.Luckily it is no longer the case.And bravo for all who touched you and cope with it.Hopefully everything continues to improve and facilitate life.

Carussa's profile photo
Carussa
03/03/2021 10:18 a.m.

DM1 desde octubre de 2019 | Toujeo + Fiasp | FreeStyle | febrero 2023: HbA1c 5,7

regina said:
I remember having fixed schedules with a slow nPH insulin that peak at 5 or 6 hours .. but now it is no longer used.
That was a tremendous slavery and stress.
With flat insulins, we rest.
There are no schedules, nor forced meals.

Yes, Regina, it's true, I remember having to go home to dinner literally I was with my teenage friends because I had insulin and dinner, it was a roll.

meginer's profile photo
meginer
03/03/2021 4:11 p.m.

carussa said:
Jo, I have not lived what you comment on those slow insulins and that slavery, but it was as I thought that everything related to diabetes still worked today.So, when I was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes a year ago, I thought about all this and depressed a lot.Luckily it is no longer the case.And bravo for all who touched you and cope with it.I hope everything continues to improve and make life easier.

Is that I have been for almost 40 years of diabetes eh? I have known everything, starting with pork insulins ...

meginer's profile photo
meginer
03/03/2021 4:13 p.m.

jldiazdel said:
@diabetikafenix

That I know people with diabetes do not have fixed meal schedules!That is very old.Another thing is to eat at regular hours, like any other person, it is beneficial.But nothing more.

The important thing is to control carbohydrates and posterior blood glucose and that's it.For example, if you have dinner too late and with many fats/proteins, you will pay it at night: glycemia will upload you.Inversely, if you leave glasses at night and you spend with alcohol, you will also pay it: glycemia will lower you at night and you may have a hypo.

For the rest that you have to keep in mind is that eating very irregular schedules will make you more difficult to control blood glucose.The more regular you will be, the general the easier it will be to control blood glucose.But nothing more.One day you can change your schedules and nothing happens.

GREETING

1 day

solocotrompo's profile photo
solocotrompo
03/08/2021 2:07 p.m.

I try to have regular schedules, they help me with control.When working in morning or afternoon rotary days, at lunch time I can vary + - 1h, it still forces me to monitor the insulin pump continuously.For me, fixed food schedules are indispensable to be able to control, together with the pump and the sensor, which in my case are essential.Levo 22 years with this.All the best

solocotrompo's profile photo
solocotrompo
03/09/2021 12:18 p.m.

Well, I am 20 years old in this business Hahahaha and I have always used NPH and fast.
I have not had any problem, I have no hypoglycemia since my doses are the ones I require for the calories I consume.In the peak hours, I do not get the sugar, I am always in 80 or 90, since to avoid the descents, I must eat collations, a fruit, yogurt, gelatin etc.
I try to keep normal schedules, breakfast at 7, food at 1 or 2, dinner at 7 or 8, sometimes as later, 3 or 4, especially on weekends, but I get up too late.
Since I have a fixed caloric diet, I have no problems, at first, if, why I ate what I wanted or did not eat and in the peaks or the glucose went up or lowered.
Everything is in our diet, do not despair, over time you will get used to and adjust your times.
greetings.

Kandy's profile photo
Kandy
03/14/2021 11:23 p.m.

I take this thread to ask you a doubt about the breakfast schedule, my son is quite sleepy, I asked the endocrine if on weekends I could let him sleep a little more, he told me that without problems whenever he was controlling the glycemia,Tell you that my son debuted on 02/26 so I still have this type of doubts, ... then I have controlled him at 8h, 9h, 10h .., Saturday at 10: 15h he was in 81 soI woke him up, put on his dose and to breakfast, the poorfood schedule, so I woke up again (not without complaints ... haha) and to breakfast .... then the doubt is whether I did well in both cases?or what guideline I look to awaken and rest as much as possible .... the level of blood glucose, the schedule ...?My husband on Sunday told me to let him sleep, but although he would have been good for glycemia at 12 noon (to say something), how will he click for breakfast at 12pm if at 2pm it is our eating schedule?I don't know if I explain ... thank you very much !!!

elisa74's profile photo
elisa74
03/15/2021 10:56 p.m.

@Elisa74

Use the glycemia level as a form of control.If you want to sleep more, who sleeps.When one is asleep I have the alarm level in 70. A level of 80 is not hypo.

In the case that you comment can be raised very late and it is best to skip breakfast and go directly to food.

I could perfectly have something very light breakfast and then eat at 2 h.But some insulins will be set up and control can be more complicated.Even if you take a light breakfast that only requires one or two insulin units, I don't see much problem.It is to try and see how such, knowing that insulins can be set up a little, and be a little more pending.

jldiazdel's profile photo
jldiazdel
03/16/2021 7:58 a.m.

DM1 desde Marzo 2018 (53 años). 7-10 unidades basal: Abasaglar (insulina glargina). NovoRapid. Factor 1.0/1.5.
Vivo en Alemania. CarboH total dia 70-80 gr. Deporte Gym todos dias L-V 1h-2 h
HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

The slow is the only insulin that you have to put more or less at the same time.The fast ones if you don't eat it is not necessary to put it.If you let him sleep all morning because he is controlling him and glycemia is well because nothing happens.If you get up at 12 and you are not hungry then you wait until eating without breakfast or quickly.
The meals are not mandatory, you can do the same as before having diabetes, if you do not eat it does not get fast.And eating is only necessary if it goes down, if it is at a normal value because nothing happens to skip a meal.
If one day he falls asleep until 12:00 - 13:00 for example, it makes no sense to have breakfast if at 14:00 you are going to eat.And if you have some hunger but in a short time you are going to eat because you can give you a piece of cheese or something without hydrates that does not need insulin.

Yessica_A's profile photo
Yessica_A
03/16/2021 9:30 a.m.

DM1 desde 2003 | Toujeo + Humalog | FreeStyle 2 | HbA1c 5.5

It is worth thank you very much, @jldiazdel @yessica_a, to see if we are taking the "trick" to this ..., you do not know how much you help me in our day to day !!!!

elisa74's profile photo
elisa74
03/16/2021 6:23 p.m.

@Elisa74, now with flat insulins and having such good values, of course you can let him sleep until the time he wants.If you don't want to have breakfast and get well to food, perfect.
If you have breakfast and eat, you will have to let at least three hours between one quick and one.

It wakes up with very good values.What slow insulin does it use?What time does it put it on?

Regina's profile photo
Regina
03/17/2021 4:03 a.m.

Hello @regina, it puts 12 units of Lantus before dinner (and 7 quickly), they have been adjusting because when we arrived from the hospital 2 weeks ago 18u was put and the first nights at 4 in the morning it was put in 70, then they went down to 14 and then to 12 and the truth is that phenomenal (although I still get up at 4 to see how it goes), by the way we have let him sleep more (here in Valencia there is no school for the "Fallas") And he has woken up from pulling at 12 with 111, the poor did not believe it ...

elisa74's profile photo
elisa74
03/18/2021 12:05 a.m.

@Elisa74, because you know that you can sleep.It seems that it is called honeymoon, where
Insulin needs are reduced at the beginning of treatment.
Then it will go up, and you will have to increase the dose, one in one unit, until the growth ends.
Little by little you will see it
It is going very well and starting like this is very good symptom.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
03/18/2021 3:42 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.