{'en': 'Sports, exercise and diabetes. What are the most recommended?', 'es': 'Actividades deportivas, ejercicio y diabetes ¿Cuáles son las más recomendadas?'} Image

Sports, exercise and diabetes. What are the most recommended?

Cdb1's profile photo   06/07/2021 11:45 p.m.

Hello good,

What exercises or activities are more recommended when lowering high blood glucose?

Did doing homework a good option, right?

Thank you!

Cdb1's profile photo
Cdb1
06/07/2021 11:45 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Insulin.
If you exercise more, and home tasks do not wear much.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
06/08/2021 8:04 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

@Ruthbia Intensity exercises always rise glycemia and aerobic and low intensity exercises lower glycemia.

It also depends on the effort that exercise implies you will also lower you more or less.

With home tasks it depends ... it is not the same to clean the soil p.e to start cleaning crystals, the important thing is to know how the body acts in each case.

Greetings

marine's profile photo
marine
06/08/2021 8:26 a.m.

Aerobic exercises are hypoglycemic (walking, bicycle or swimming), hyperglycemic anaerobic (weights, races, abdominals ...).Everyone has to learn to meet their body.On many occasions a good walk is more effective than a good insulin chute, at least in my case.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
06/08/2021 6:08 p.m.

With high blood glucose before exercising you must first see if there are chronic bodies and if it is very high with or without chronic bodies to me they have always told me that you should not exercise.
I do not exercise so I tell you the theory those who do can advise you better.

Anaisabel's profile photo
Anaisabel
06/10/2021 3:32 p.m.

@marine depends on the day.I do not comply the general norm.
I can go for a walk (and very quickly) with 120 and return with 215 as yesterday.More than 6 hours ago from food.Or bike 3 hours starting with about 100 and return with 180, or stay at 100.
There is no guideline in my case.

Home tasks do not wear out, I tell you from experience.Clean crystals for example, it burns almost anything, or do general cleaning in the kitchen, or things like that;Glycemia goes down about 40 mg/dl, that's nothing.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
06/14/2021 8:45 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

ruthbia said:
I can go for a walk (and very quickly) with 120 and return with 215 as yesterday.More than 6 hours ago from food.Or bike 3 hours starting with about 100 and return with 180, or stay at 100.

Home tasks do not wear out, I tell you from experience.Clean crystals for example, it burns almost anything, or do general cleaning in the kitchen, or things like that;GLUCEMY LOWER ABOUT 40 MG/DL, THAT IS NOTHING.

@Ruthbia That is your particular case, I know people who the day they have to do home tasks is less slow, this disease is dangerous to make absolute statements each is different.It is also logical that if you do not always respond to aerobic exercise, it does not do it to home tasks, which is still that.But affirm with such a roundness that home home tasks do not wear out, it is clear that in your case, but nothing else.
With respect to aerobic exercises, because you say it, do not comply with the general norm, one more reason to say that there are no absolute statements, each one is each one, but in general, the thing is clear, the aerobic exercise ishypoglycemic.

DiabetesForo
06/14/2021 9:46 a.m.

ruthbia said:

Home tasks do not wear out, I tell you from experience.Clean crystals for example, it burns almost anything, or do general cleaning in the kitchen, or things like that;GLUCEMY LOWER ABOUT 40 MG/DL, THAT IS NOTHING.

@Ruthbia the same you have misunderstood my message, I apologize for it.

hyperglycemic effect on the exercise : When the body is intense effort, the muscle demands glucose immediately so that the organism's response is to release hormones and release glucose from the liver forThat need.

hypoglycemic effect in the exercise : when the body does not imply great effort to perform the activity, this means the body to take the necessary glucose of the bloodstream without more, hence an activityLong of low intensity has that effect.

That is so, it is physiological and that is why I have put it in capital letters.We cannot change that way of acting.

Now, very important that I have also told you depends because the word effort is very relative.

I can throw myself from Gym every day, and my body in particular does not suppose absolutely anything to clean the house, or I can move less than a spinent in a velcro bed and that this activity implies a wear.

Therefore, diabetes is so personalized and what does not do well to another, so important is that the theory is known and we apply corrections and others with abase founded.

greetings,

marine's profile photo
marine
06/14/2021 10:21 a.m.

fer1803 said:
ruthbia said:

@Ruthbia That is your particular case, I know people who the day they have to do home tasks is less slow, this disease is dangerous to make absolute statements each is different.It is also logical that if you do not always respond to aerobic exercise, it does not do it to home tasks, which is still that.But affirm with such a roundness that home home tasks do not wear out, it is clear that in your case, but nothing else.
With respect to aerobic exercises, because you say it, do not comply with the general norm, one more reason to say that there are no absolute statements, each one is each one, but in general, the thing is clear, the aerobic exercise ishypoglycemic.

In defense of Ruthbia I will say that she has not given absolute general statements.He has said what happens to her starting with "I do not comply the general norm."With this, it is understood that what happens to it is not normal, but that each one is different and everything can happen.I have understood very well.😋

isabelbota's profile photo
isabelbota
06/14/2021 11 a.m.

DM 2 con páncreas agotado desde diciembre 2020. 51 años entonces.
HG diciembre 2020: 15.9. Última HG: julio 2024 5.8
Abasaglar 9 unidades. Metformina, 1000/0/1000. Humalog junior: 2 unid en desayuno y luego en función de lo que coma.

Isabelbota said:
fer1803 said:
ruthbia said:
ruthbia said:

In defense of Ruthbia I will say that she has not given absolute general statements.He has said what happens to her starting with "I do not comply the general norm."With this, it is understood that what happens to it is not normal, but that each one is different and everything can happen.I have understood very well.😋

Man, here I do not think it is to defend anyone, because there is no attack, simply different opinion, but with "absolute statement" I referred to what makes "home tasks do not wear out", there are many people to whomIf they wear out, and as I say a lot, to the point of having to prick less slowly.

DiabetesForo
06/14/2021 11:36 a.m.

fer1803 said:
Isabelbota said:
fer1803 said:
fer1803 said:

Man, here I do not think it is to defend anyone, because there is no attack, simply different opinion, but with "absolute statement" I referred to what makes "home tasks do not wear out", there are many people to whomIf they wear out, and as I say a lot, to the point of having to puncture less slow.

The "in defense" was joking 😂😂.But Ruthbia's example is very good to demonstrate that each one is different.I get a lot of walking, for example.I have not tried the home tasks because I am very vague and I do as little as possible 😂😂 but surely if I hit a tute I also lowers me.Any physical activity is not very intense, it is normal for it, but indeed there are no absolute truths.😋

isabelbota's profile photo
isabelbota
06/14/2021 12:15 p.m.

DM 2 con páncreas agotado desde diciembre 2020. 51 años entonces.
HG diciembre 2020: 15.9. Última HG: julio 2024 5.8
Abasaglar 9 unidades. Metformina, 1000/0/1000. Humalog junior: 2 unid en desayuno y luego en función de lo que coma.

I talked about me, a normal house, not working for third parties 8 hours.
The weekend I do everything, 4 or 5 hours in the morning on Saturday and Sunday if I have not finished, during the week I only maintain, and I have not had hypos to clean.

My endo told me that doing homework was not considered "exercise" because they do not wear much what I put in my first message;And I in my body is what I have experienced.

If @Fer1803 someone needs to get off the slow for home tasks is because it has a poorly dosed cleaning and without cleaning.

I have lowered this weekend from 18 to 14 because of hormones.I am very sensitive to insulin.From 6 units to eat at 0 or 2uds.Night hypos of 35 and for the day I do not pass from 65. Today I seem to return to my pattern, but go 3 days that I have been.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
06/14/2021 2:47 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

@Ruthbia, if you allow me the joke few home tasks it seems to me that your endocrine has made.

DiabetesForo
06/14/2021 3:58 p.m.

To me the home tasks that glycemia lower me but not to the point of lowering my insulin dose.In my case, I take an extra ration of HC to prevent hypos.Another activity that gives me the sugar that is pleased is gardening.I take advantage and like a couple of HC because but insured hypoglycemia.

Ricki21's profile photo
Ricki21
06/14/2021 8:15 p.m.

DM1 desde 1982: Toujeo+Novorapid

On Saturday morning I have the vacuum assigned, deep cleaning throughout the house, and I take off a fast unit!I take it in a sports plan and the truth is that I like it.Insulin savings and move the body after breakfast.
In theory on Saturday is a sports rest day.But well ... 😊

jldiazdel's profile photo
jldiazdel
06/14/2021 8:45 p.m.

DM1 desde Marzo 2018 (53 años). 7-10 unidades basal: Abasaglar (insulina glargina). NovoRapid. Factor 1.0/1.5.
Vivo en Alemania. CarboH total dia 70-80 gr. Deporte Gym todos dias L-V 1h-2 h
HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

I see that you speak of hyperglycemia, of exercises, but you have not touched the issue of active insulin.
For me, I use Novorapid, if at 3-4 hours I have it, I have hyper, the activity (e.g.) does not work for me and I need an extra bolus.
Now, if I have an active insulin, a moderate activity (painting a wall, mounting a furniture, etc.), it is enough to produce hiccups if I do not take extra of HC
Apart from this, and taking into account what has been said, if I am at home and I want to exercise to lower a hyper, use a Stepper.The pedaling force and time I choose depending on each case.I only have to stop before reaching target blood glucose and monitoring my glycemia in case it happened.

magl's profile photo
magl
06/20/2021 12:19 p.m.

Hello, my opinion is a bit different from others and I think it depends a lot on your mood (what you want at that time) and how you organize the day.I explain myself.Of course there are activities that you can do to lower your glycemia and in this post there are several good examples that, as you have told you, you will have to adapt to your own metabolism because in this sense it differs greatly from one person to another the effect that occurs.And ... Not everyone cleanses the same, everything is said by the passage XD either we have the same ease of access to tools to exercise (home machines, stairs, a park near home or a gym).For all this, my recommendation is to be flexible with you and avoid stress in this regard.In my opinion, it is psychologically a roll to think about having to leave what you are doing (or you plan to do) at that time of hyperglycemia to perform a specific physical activity.There are multitude of possible options, Peeeero you can always wear a corrector bolus and holy Easter.That, according to, it is not the healthiest, nor the most appealing.But after all, once you normalize it, it allows you to continue with what you are doing without more concerns to monitor your glycemias to verify that they return to normal and you do not need HC of rescue.I hope I have helped you.Greetings.

etogonza's profile photo
etogonza
06/20/2021 1:56 p.m.

ethogonza said:
hello, my opinion is a bit different from others and I think it depends a lot on your mood (what you want at that time) and how you organize yourselfThe day.I explain myself.Of course there are activities that you can do to lower your glycemia and in this post there are several good examples that, as you have told you, you will have to adapt to your own metabolism because in this sense it differs greatly from one person to another the effect that occurs.And ... Not everyone cleanses the same, everything is said by the passage XD either we have the same ease of access to tools to exercise (home machines, stairs, a park near home or a gym).For all this, my recommendation is to be flexible with you and avoid stress in this regard.In my opinion, it is psychologically a roll to think about having to leave what you are doing (or you plan to do) at that time of hyperglycemia to perform a specific physical activity.There are multitude of possible options, Peeeero you can always wear a corrector bolus and holy Easter.That, according to, it is not the healthiest, nor the most appealing.But after all, once you normalize it, it allows you to continue with what you are doing without more concerns to monitor your glycemias to verify that they return to normal and you do not need HC of rescue.I hope I have helped you.Greetings.

What if you have helped me? Buah, do you see that thank you very much x and you are very right in what you say that both the mood and the mental/psychological state influences the levels of blood glucose.I have noticed that sometimes many of our diabetic symptoms/discomforts are not only due to the amounts d HC or what we eat because the UGP rations do the UGP rations well and the dose is well put on ... that part will be controlled.
What gets more sick and makes us have diabetic discomforts is the psychological /mental state
Mental stress, concern etc etc

Cdb1's profile photo
Cdb1
06/20/2021 3:56 p.m.

cdb1 said:
good,

What exercises or activities are more recommended when lowering high blood glucose?

Did doing homework a good option, right?

Thank you!

... then it was a trap question.
The correct question would be:
In case of hyperglycemia, extra exercise or bolus?

magl's profile photo
magl
06/21/2021 5:24 a.m.

magl said:
I see that you talk about hyperglycemia, exercises, but you have not touched the issue of active insulin.
For me, I use Novorapid, if at 3-4 hours I have it, I have hyper, the activity (e.g.) does not work for me and I need an extra bolus.
Now, if I have an active insulin, a moderate activity (painting a wall, mounting a furniture, etc.), it is enough to produce hiccups if I do not take extra of HC
Apart from this, and taking into account what has been said, if I am at home and I want to exercise to lower a hyper, use a Stepper.The pedaling force and time I choose depending on each case.I only have to stop before reaching target blood glucose and monitoring my glycemia in case it happened.

Of course, the issue of active insulin is fundamental, it has nothing to do with the exercise after the novorapid or Humalog or doing it when its effect has already passed.In fact I thought I had put it in my comment, but I see no, I thought it but I didn't put it.In my case, it also happens to me, immediately after eating or dinner, that is, to put on the fast I have to be very careful, because any exercise, even more moderate than lists @magl can take me to hypoglycemia

DiabetesForo
06/21/2021 9:50 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.