{'en': 'Coconut sugar', 'es': 'Azúcar de coco'} Image

Coconut sugar

Elna87's profile photo   03/22/2021 8:27 p.m.

Very good,

I am a professional diabetic and pastelera, I have been doing tests to be able to do low home products in HC, an acquaintA cookies you throw with this sugar, but I don't know to what extent it is good for diabetics, the jar that I have has the following composition:

Does anyone else use it?

Thank you so much

Elna87's profile photo
Elna87
03/22/2021 8:27 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

@Elna87

For a diabetic that is a bomb !!
Seeing the composition is almost like drinking sugar.
Very little recommended

jldiazdel's profile photo
jldiazdel
03/22/2021 8:31 p.m.

DM1 desde Marzo 2018 (53 años). 7-10 unidades basal: Abasaglar (insulina glargina). NovoRapid. Factor 1.0/1.5.
Vivo en Alemania. CarboH total dia 70-80 gr. Deporte Gym todos dias L-V 1h-2 h
HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

It is non -sucrose fructose (glucose), they say that it has 35 glycemic index and that it is not bad for diabetics, it is a question that someone who has tried it tells us

Alberto_13's profile photo
Alberto_13
03/22/2021 10:02 p.m.

DM3c desde 2018; hb 6 % (feb.. 2022) (tresiba+fiasp+metformina)

In the end it has hydrates just like sugar, it is not the best option.I recommend xilitol and erythritol (the latter with nothing of CH).They are similar to sugar in texture and flavor and can be cooked.The xylitol sweetens more or less like sugar but you have to count half of the HC that indicates the label (being a polyalcohol not all CH is absorbed and absorption is slow).Erythritol has no CH but sweetens a little less than sugar, like 75%.
I like xilitol more but both are very good and do not leave the typical aftertaste to sweetener.Xilitol also sells it as birch sugar and there are in many supermarkets and erythritol is more complicated to see it in the Super but online you have it in many places.

Of course, you will have to take into account in the sweets if you make them with normal flour the ch of this.Do not carry sugar does not mean that they do not carry CH.To make them almost without CH, almond or coconut flour is usually used that are going quite well in pastry but the recipes change completely with respect to normal.In case you want to search and experiment, surely with your experience you can create very rich sweets without almost ch.I like Almendra's almond for muffins and biscuits and coconut for brownies and cookies.Sometimes they also have a mixture of both in some recipes.

Yessica_A's profile photo
Yessica_A
03/23/2021 11:09 a.m.

DM1 desde 2003 | Toujeo + Humalog | FreeStyle 2 | HbA1c 5.5

Yesssica_a said:
In the end it has hydrates just like sugar, it is not the best option.I recommend xilitol and erythritol (the latter with nothing of CH).They are similar to sugar in texture and flavor and can be cooked.The xylitol sweetens more or less like sugar but you have to count half of the HC that indicates the label (being a polyalcohol not all CH is absorbed and absorption is slow).Erythritol has no CH but sweetens a little less than sugar, like 75%.
I like xilitol more but both are very good and do not leave the typical aftertaste to sweetener.Xilitol also sells it as birch sugar and there are in many supermarkets and erythritol is more complicated to see it in the Super but online you have it in many places.

Of course, you will have to take into account in the sweets if you make them with normal flour the ch of this.Do not carry sugar does not mean that they do not carry CH.To make them almost without CH, almond or coconut flour is usually used that are going quite well in pastry but the recipes change completely with respect to normal.In case you want to search and experiment, surely with your experience you can create very rich sweets without almost ch.I like Almendra's almond for muffins and biscuits and coconut for brownies and cookies.Sometimes they also have a mixture of both in some recipes.

Thank you very much, for the clarification :)

Elna87's profile photo
Elna87
03/23/2021 11:33 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

I would not recommend that product at all, once the composition table that you put.95 gr of HC The great majority of them of rapid absorption !!!

Ignasi_p's profile photo
Ignasi_p
10/24/2023 11:58 p.m.

Abasaglar 25U (noche)
Novorapid 4/6/6 (y lo que caiga por enmedio)
Glicosilada (30/4/19): 6.5

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.