Income in observation

LenaDingle's profile photo   08/17/2021 5:56 p.m.

A few days ago they changed my novorapid to Fiasp.I have been in life for 21 years and in life what I will tell you had happened to me.
On Sunday after eating, I will click and before my pen were distinguished by thickness are now the same, except for green and orange colors.I punched myself 45 of Fiasp, before finishing the disaster I had already noticed, I calculated that I put on 41. I had to run to the nearest center, and from there to the nearest hospital, I was in observation about 8 hours receiving inVena boats and glucose boats and connected to a pump.
I was saved by drinking water with sugar and candies during the pathGlucose does nothing.
I'm still replenishing from fright, I had a bad time, I have been born again ...

LenaDingle's profile photo
LenaDingle
08/17/2021 5:56 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

I'm glad you are better!What a scare

It happened to me once and my bowls are very different.
I was simply not concentrated and was thinking about something else.
I put very little basal with which when I saw that I got quickly instead of basal, it was not very complicated.But still I threw a couple of hours controlling that everything was going well.

All the best

jldiazdel's profile photo
jldiazdel
08/17/2021 8:59 p.m.

DM1 desde Marzo 2018 (53 años). 7-10 unidades basal: Abasaglar (insulina glargina). NovoRapid. Factor 1.0/1.5.
Vivo en Alemania. CarboH total dia 70-80 gr. Deporte Gym todos dias L-V 1h-2 h
HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

tenadingle said:
a few days ago they changed my novorapid to fiasp.I have been in life for 21 years and in life what I will tell you had happened to me.
On Sunday after eating, I will click and before my pen were distinguished by thickness are now the same, except for green and orange colors.I punched myself 45 of Fiasp, before finishing the disaster I had already noticed, I calculated that I put on 41. I had to run to the nearest center, and from there to the nearest hospital, I was in observation about 8 hours receiving inVena boats and glucose boats and connected to a pump.
I was saved by drinking water with sugar and candies during the pathGlucose does nothing.
I'm still replenishing from fright, I had a bad time, I have been born again ...

I do not understand what it means that glucose does nothing by itself

Alberto_13's profile photo
Alberto_13
08/17/2021 9:25 p.m.

DM3c desde 2018; hb 6 % (feb.. 2022) (tresiba+fiasp+metformina)

If you don't put complex carbohydrates your body is not maintained

LenaDingle
08/18/2021 1 a.m.

I imagine that is.They have explained me today how to treat a hypo and it is not only worth taking HC of rapid absorption.Once the crisis has been overcome, HC of slow absorption must be taken to maintain because the rapid absorption HC is consumed quickly.

Colt's profile photo
Colt
08/18/2021 6:26 a.m.

Diabetes tipo 1 desde enero 2021.
Insulina Toujeo 10 u dia, Crestor 1 u dia.
A1C: 5,7 % Agosto 2021

Lenadingle said:
If you don't put complex carbohydrates your body does not maintain

Ok, thanks, I didn't know

Alberto_13's profile photo
Alberto_13
08/18/2021 8:48 a.m.

DM3c desde 2018; hb 6 % (feb.. 2022) (tresiba+fiasp+metformina)

Whenever it gives us a hypo you have to take sugar, juice ..., and followed complex hydrates, I always take one or two cookies after a sugar with water.
@Lenadingle, it fits me too, I put 20 or more of Fiasp and in the hospital they acted very fast.Glucose by vein and breakfast with complex hydrates.I didn't find me badly, but it was hard for me to react at home house.

Anaisabel's profile photo
Anaisabel
08/18/2021 9 a.m.

What a scare!I'm glad that everything remains at all.Something similar also happened to me, but since I only put 9 units of slow, I could easily control it at home.I did what you comment, that is, I combined glucose with cookies until I completed what I needed to climb well.But I have to admit that I also got a good scare.Until I saw that it went up and stabilized I did not relax.I only thought what would have happened if instead of at home I would have caught me somewhere else where I did not have my glucose and my things by hand.Or if for example I had not had the free sensor!

Carussa's profile photo
Carussa
08/18/2021 9:59 a.m.

DM1 desde octubre de 2019 | Toujeo + Fiasp | FreeStyle | febrero 2023: HbA1c 5,7

The sensor will put it on me this week, I have shattered fingers, to top it off in the yolk, I do it on the sides as they taught me, there is no way to know how to prick the fingers

LenaDingle
08/18/2021 10:04 a.m.

anaisabel said:
whenever it gives us a hypo you have to take sugar, juice ..., and followed complex hydrates, I always take one or two cookies after a sugar with water.
@Lenadingle, it fits me too, I put 20 or more of Fiasp and in the hospital they acted very fast.Glucose by vein and breakfast with complex hydrates.I didn't find me badly, but it was hard for me to react at home house.
anaisabel said:
whenever it gives us a hypo you have to take sugar, juice ..., and followed complex hydrates, I always take one or two cookies after a sugar with water.
anaisabel said:
anaisabel said:

The scare is tremendous 😱😱😱

LenaDingle
08/18/2021 10:06 a.m.

What a fright, I'm glad you're well, it has never happened to me but miracle because it has been about to pass me, so I choose to keep both insulin separately, and when I wear the slow in the morning I hide it hehe

nuriapal14's profile photo
nuriapal14
08/22/2021 2:32 p.m.

I put both at noon, you will have to review the protocol 😂😂😂

LenaDingle
08/22/2021 4:38 p.m.

Hello ... less bad that you real2016) And luckily I realized right there ... I only apply 9u basal, I could go out with a lot of honey and then a good breakfast ... a tremendous scare ... and the risk is always!

Alemeil's profile photo
Alemeil
08/24/2021 2:34 p.m.

Buenos Aires. Argentina.
DM 1 desde 2005 (35 años en ese entonces).
NovoRapid Penfil y Tresiba FlexTouch.
FreeStyle Libre 1 desde Agosto 2019.

Uff luckily you reacted quickly to go to the hospital.
I don't happen to do that, what I do is that I have the fast at the entrance of the house and the basal in the last room.
I targe on the mobile time of the basal always (it happened to me sometimes that I doubted whether I had punctured me or not).
Anyway they are things that happen to us 🤷

I was unconscious in the cinema and I only saw the title of the movie, the rest I remember already in the hospital with the serum in Vena

vanessa30's profile photo
vanessa30
08/24/2021 4:58 p.m.

It is a risk that we always run ...

LenaDingle
08/24/2021 5:07 p.m.

Hello, it happened to me this morning.I have launched a Novorapid.I have given a tremendous scare but I have tried not to get nervous and I have been compensating with orange and toast juices.I have been recovering throughout the morning.Buffff

kavit75's profile photo
kavit75
08/25/2021 2:04 p.m.

Look throughout the day, especially the first 8 hours, what a fright !!!

LenaDingle
08/25/2021 4:56 p.m.

@Lenadingle, do not put them in the same place.And speak high when you put the units.
Luckily you knew how to solve it.
It is even more dangerous not to realize the error.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
08/25/2021 5:14 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

I just got into the forum and I don't know how to

LenaDingle
08/25/2021 10:04 p.m.

@Lenadingle, because you are doing well. Ask the doubts you have from the forum.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
08/25/2021 11:28 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.