{'en': 'Alternative Glucose Sensor Insertion Areas', 'es': 'Zonas alternativas de inserción del sensor de glucosa'} Image

Alternative Glucose Sensor Insertion Areas

Oskareti's profile photo   05/10/2021 7:02 p.m.

ruthbia said:
@oskarti to me, the first day they gave it to me in the FJD, the nurse told me that I could also put them on the legs and abdomen, I told him about the buttock andHe told me that he took note.
I have seen it in photos, and on the beach I have seen it in the twin

Thanks for the information, Ruthbia ... taking advantage of the fact that you tell me this, I mentioned above that I contacted an Instagram girl who inserted it into the upper part of the chest, to see how it was going ... well, the girl meHe replied and told me that it is very good to take it in that area, both for comfort and by measurements ... This girl is on Instagram with the name of T1druth and the truth is that she is very friendly ... I say it in case someoneHe wants to ask something else about the subject, he will answer sure.

Oskareti's profile photo
Oskareti
05/13/2021 7:26 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

@Oskarti thanks for the info.

I've been using the free system ........ ........ Everything has already happened to me: all theCold, heat messages, I disconnect, I spoiled when insertKayak, airplanes, airports, offices with clean wifi rooms, driving, electric and antimagnetic arches, ...

In these 5.5 years I will have called Abbott to claim about 20 times and in all I have changed the sensor.Now the SS changes them, except if they are in my health center, here nothing, at least the last one I took 3 weeks ago.I have an appointment at the FJD next week, with nursing and I will ask them why they give me less sensors than before (from 6 to 4) and because the health center does not replace them.I will have stock break;)

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
05/13/2021 12:10 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

I have been dexcom for a few years, or in the lumbar area or in the upper butty part.I find it much more comfortable than other sites, and in summer in the buttock is protected by the bikini.
I tried in the gut a couple of times and worse, it bothered me and took off more.
Although they are approved only for certain areas, they work equally in others and it is only a matter of time for them to officially approve more areas.
The tattoo is crazy is crazy, don't do it.In this case, change the sensor site, there are many people who carry them in different places and continue to work well, both Free and Dexcom.

Maritxu22's profile photo
Maritxu22
05/13/2021 12:24 p.m.

DM1 desde abril 2006. 33años
Tresiba:12-14
Fiasp a demanda
Dexcom G6

Última HbA1c: 6% (junio)

Well, for now, I leave the subject here ... I appreciate all the constructive comments that you have

maritxu22 said:
I have been dexcom for a few years, or in the lumbar area or inthe upper part of the buttock.I find it much more comfortable than other sites, and in summer in the buttock is protected by the bikini.
I tried in the gut a couple of times and worse, it bothered me and took off more.
Although they are approved only for certain areas, they work equally in others and it is only a matter of time for them to officially approve more areas.
The tattoo is crazy is crazy, don't do it.In this case, change the sensor site, there are many people who carry them in different places and continue to work well, both Free and Dexcom.

Thanks for your comments and share your experience.

Oskareti's profile photo
Oskareti
05/16/2021 7:25 a.m.

sag21 said:
I always take them in the arm but in the internal part (the one that gives to the side of the gut, I do not know if I explain myself), they told me like that in the hospital the hospitalFirst day, that in the off -arm it was easier to start it when hitting with something.Neither bothers me to sleep or take off or anything ...

There are people who carry it in their thigh also without problems.

Thank you

Oskareti's profile photo
Oskareti
05/16/2021 7:28 a.m.

sag21 said:
I always take them in the arm but in the internal part (the one that gives to the side of the gut, I do not know if I explain myself), they told me like that in the hospital the hospitalFirst day, that in the off -arm it was easier to start it when hitting with something.Neither bothers me to sleep or take off or anything ...

There are people who carry it in their thigh also without problems.

Thank you

Oskareti's profile photo
Oskareti
05/16/2021 7:29 a.m.

sayonara said:
I have taken it in the gut (so that I will not be noticed when bikini) and it has done well, although the skin of that area is more sensitive.I also try in the upper part of the buttock.

Thank you

Oskareti's profile photo
Oskareti
05/16/2021 7:29 a.m.

oskarti said:
hello everyone,

I wanted to tell you a topic, today I have granted the glucose sensor, but I have a small problem ... it turns out that I have the arm area tattooed (in both arms) where it is usually placed, and the tattooed areas cannot be pricked whylipodystrophies can be created.

I wanted to know if any of you have happened to me and what alternative insertion area has used.

In a previous entrance of the forum, I read that someone commented that their son placed it at the top of the buttocks and it was doing very well, but I would like to know some more option, if possible.

Thank you so much.

I started them in my arm (unintentionally, of course) ... I hit the doors when I passed, when I left the shower, take away t -shirts with narrow sleeves, bags, backpacks ... besides I was very aware at all timesWhat I was bulging and the values ​​it gave me were never very correct.

For 2 years I have been in the upper part of the ass, neither ass nor back.Brilliant.Very accurate values, nor do I find out that I carry it, it is always protected by clothes (in summer until under the bikini it remains) ... At first I put a transparent plastic protector on top not to drag it when you climb or lower the pantsBut now I have internalized and make the gesture of "separating them" when going up or down without thinking.I think the most comfortable and discreet site

Leyretxu's profile photo
Leyretxu
05/16/2021 11:13 a.m.

legeretxu said:
oskarti said:
hello everyone,

I wanted to tell you a topic, today I have granted the glucose sensor, but I have a small problem ... it turns out that I have the arm area tattooed (in both arms) where it is usually placed, and the tattooed areas cannot be pricked whylipodystrophies can be created.

I wanted to know if any of you have happened to me and what alternative insertion area has used.

In a previous entrance of the forum, I read that someone commented that their son placed it at the top of the buttocks and it was doing very well, but I would like to know some more option, if possible.

Thank you so much.

I started them in my arm (unintentionally, of course) ... I hit the doors when I passed, when I left the shower, take away t -shirts with narrow sleeves, bags, backpacks ... besides I was very aware at all timesWhat I was bulging and the values ​​it gave me were never very correct.

For 2 years I have been in the upper part of the ass, neither ass nor back.Brilliant.Very accurate values, nor do I find out that I carry it, it is always protected by clothes (in summer until under the bikini it remains) ... At first I put a transparent plastic protector on top not to drag it when you climb or lower the pantsBut now I have internalized and make the gesture of "separating them" when going up or down without thinking.It seems to me the most comfortable and discreet site

Thanks for commenting.

Oskareti's profile photo
Oskareti
05/17/2021 7:42 a.m.

marine said:
good,

As @"niñaburbuja" tells you, they have been tested in more places.

I use it or in the arms or thighs (the area imagines where there would be a currency right at the end of the pants pocket ... it would be high and central zone) and people also usually use it in the upper gluteBlockquote>

The area under the pants pocket, would it be in the quadriceps?
Those who put it in the Alt area of ​​the buttock (buttocks) does not bother them when sitting or driving?
I always put them in the arms, where they advise Frestyle.

JordiV's profile photo
JordiV
05/17/2021 3:35 p.m.

Here I put a link of a soccer player Andrea Pereira, from the national team to see where she takes it, and that can serve us for others.
Link

You can also see in the video (TV3) where another one, from the Catalan basketball, Silvia Serrat.
Link

JordiV's profile photo
JordiV
05/17/2021 3:57 p.m.

jordiv said:
here I put a link of a soccer player Andrea Pereira, from the national team to see where she takes it, and that can serve us for others.
Link

You can also see in the video (TV3) where another one, from the Catalan basketball, Silvia Serrat.
Link

Thank you, I will look at it.

Oskareti's profile photo
Oskareti
05/17/2021 6:44 p.m.

@Jordiv I don't notice it in the buttock or sleeping or driving or working, nothing.
I sleep on him many times, and nothing, he measures the same and continuously all night.

In the leg, at the height of the pockets I didn't notice it normally, but I had to be more careful when dressing.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
05/19/2021 8:52 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.