{'en': 'Alternative Glucose Sensor Insertion Areas', 'es': 'Zonas alternativas de inserción del sensor de glucosa'} Image

Alternative Glucose Sensor Insertion Areas

Oskareti's profile photo   05/10/2021 7:02 p.m.

Hello everyone,

I wanted to tell you a topic, today I have granted the glucose sensor, but I have a small problem ... it turns out that I have the arm area tattooed (in both arms) where it is usually placed, and the tattooed areas cannot be pricked whylipodystrophies can be created.

I wanted to know if any of you have happened to me and what alternative insertion area has used.

In a previous entrance of the forum, I read that someone commented that their son placed it at the top of the buttocks and it was doing very well, but I would like to know some more option, if possible.

Thank you so much.

Oskareti's profile photo
Oskareti
05/10/2021 7:02 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hello!I do not speak for me, but I follow many groups on Facebook and put the sensors everywhere, there are people who put it on the chest!Although that is something that I would never do ...

Personally, I have always taken it in my arms and Dexcom in arms, and gut.I tried one in the upper part of the buttock and another in the lower back but it did not go well, I was disconnected all the time.

On Facebook, a very common place that I have seen with the Free are the thighs, the part that remains on the sides of the body on the outside and the one that remains in the front of the body.They are very happy with that site.In Insta there is a Spanish woman, Ana Trabadelo (@la_Trabadelo), who puts it in that area and is doing well.I have also seen photos of people putting it on the twins, but that also seems a bit beast because in the end it is an area where the skin moves a lot and almost everything is muscle.

Luck!

NiñaBurbuja's profile photo
NiñaBurbuja
05/10/2021 7:45 p.m.

T1 diagnosticada a los 24, tengo 31.
Además soy celiaca y con muchas alergias alimentarias, entre ellas profilina. Recientemente diagnosticada con hipotiroidismo también.

hello good ,

As @"niñaburbuja" tells you, they have been tested in more places.

I use it or in the arms or on the thighs (the area imagines where there would be a currency just at the end of the pants pocket ... it would be high and central zone) and people also usually use it in the upper gluteo.

marine's profile photo
marine
05/10/2021 7:54 p.m.

High buttock part.I have been there for 5 years.No problems and good measurements.
In the arms they fall with the doors, backpacks, it is an area where we hit ourselves a lot.
I have tried in the pants pockets but I like the buttocks more, I find it more comfortable.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
05/10/2021 9:46 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

@Ruthbia
I always put the slow part of the buttock.I understand that would affect the results, or not?

isabelbota's profile photo
isabelbota
05/10/2021 9:56 p.m.

DM 2 con páncreas agotado desde diciembre 2020. 51 años entonces.
HG diciembre 2020: 15.9. Última HG: julio 2024 5.8
Abasaglar 9 unidades. Metformina, 1000/0/1000. Humalog junior: 2 unid en desayuno y luego en función de lo que coma.

I have not noticed anything.I put the slow in the buttock that I do not wear a sensor so broken every 14 days and I avoid lipodystrophies.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
05/10/2021 9:58 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Ok, then I try.I wear the slow every day in a buttock, but it is not a bad idea to rotate every 14 days ...

isabelbota's profile photo
isabelbota
05/10/2021 11:11 p.m.

DM 2 con páncreas agotado desde diciembre 2020. 51 años entonces.
HG diciembre 2020: 15.9. Última HG: julio 2024 5.8
Abasaglar 9 unidades. Metformina, 1000/0/1000. Humalog junior: 2 unid en desayuno y luego en función de lo que coma.

Thank you very much for your comments.

Oskareti's profile photo
Oskareti
05/11/2021 7:16 a.m.

I have taken it in the gut (so that I would not be noticed when bikini) and it has done well, although the skin of that area is more sensitive.I also try in the upper buttock.

Sayonara's profile photo
Sayonara
05/11/2021 1:50 p.m.

Before trying alternative methods not officially approved, don't you think it would be a more logical and safe idea to remove tattoos from any of the arms?

DavidAG2000's profile photo
DavidAG2000
05/11/2021 5:38 p.m.

davidag2000 said:
before trying alternative methods not officially approved, do not you think it would be a more logical and safe idea to remove the tattoos of any of the arms?

The truth is that it is something that I do not contemplate ... First, why I like having them ... and taking off a tattoo is something expensive, painful and in my case they are the two whole arms, which would do the topic totally unfeasible, both economically and aesthetically. Early, apart from what I have been told here, I have to give me a training on the device, so they will tell me. The suggestion is also appreciated.

Oskareti's profile photo
Oskareti
05/12/2021 7:55 a.m.

I have seen videos of other sensors, which are put in the front of the thigh.I don't know if you have tried there.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
05/12/2021 12:24 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

I always take them in the arm but in the internal part (the one that gives to the side of the gut, I do not know if I explain myself), they told me like that in the hospital the first day, that in the off -arm it was moreEasy start it when hitting with something.Neither bothers me to sleep or take off or anything ...

There are people who wear it on their thigh also without problems.

Sag21's profile photo
Sag21
05/12/2021 4:54 p.m.

@SAG21 If you don't bother you, you can send a photo where you look where you put the sensor.

Ricki21's profile photo
Ricki21
05/12/2021 5:09 p.m.

DM1 desde 1982: Toujeo+Novorapid

Well, between the armpit and elbow, in half more or less ...

Sag21's profile photo
Sag21
05/12/2021 5:12 p.m.

I think the thing will go between pectoral and upper part of the buttock, if the health personnel do not tell me something different, of course ... After opening this issue in the forum, I remembered that I saw an Instagram stories of a girl whoI inserted it at the top of the chest, and so pancha ... I have written to see if it tells me how it will take it there, although I do not know if you will answer.

Oskareti's profile photo
Oskareti
05/12/2021 6:24 p.m.

Freestyle is indicated to take it on the arm, as it puts it in the instructions.I don't know if health personnel will tell you that you can put it in another place.They are likely not getting wet and they tell you not.

Sayonara's profile photo
Sayonara
05/12/2021 8:27 p.m.

Link

Alberto_13's profile photo
Alberto_13
05/12/2021 8:30 p.m.

DM3c desde 2018; hb 6 % (feb.. 2022) (tresiba+fiasp+metformina)

sayonara said:
the freestyle is indicated to take it in the arm, as it puts it in the instructions.I don't know if health personnel will tell you that you can put it in another place.They are probable that they do not get wet and tell you no.

I am left with the fact that there are people who use it in other areas and it works ... few, but there are

Oskareti's profile photo
Oskareti
05/12/2021 9:05 p.m.

@Oskareti to me, the first day they gave it to me in the FJD, the nurse told me that I could also put them on the legs and abdomen, I told him about the buttock and told me that he took note.
I have seen it in photos, and on the beach I have seen it in the twin

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
05/12/2021 10:19 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.