Basal

meginer's profile photo   09/06/2021 6:59 a.m.

Good morning.
How you calculate the basal insulin rate that you need to be stable all day and night.I use threeiba and put it in the afternoon night, around 8-9.
I am trying to do a low diet in HC, I have read that there are even people who calculate it well, do not have breakfast and see whether or not the blood glucose varies throughout the morning, also that about 5 h are expected to end the effect of the rapidFrom dinner and see how you are and if the figure is similar to when you get up, that is the basal you need (that implies that you have dinner at 9, until 2 you would have to wait).I am using fast fiasp.
It is not so easy to adjust the basal
Thank you.

meginer's profile photo
meginer
09/06/2021 6:59 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

meginer said:
good morning.
How you calculate the basal insulin rate that you need to be stable all day and night.I use threeiba and put it in the afternoon night, around 8-9.
I am trying to do a low diet in HC, I have read that there are even people who calculate it well, do not have breakfast and see whether or not the blood glucose varies throughout the morning, also that about 5 h are expected to end the effect of the rapidFrom dinner and see how you are and if the figure is similar to when you get up, that is the basal you need (that implies that you have dinner at 9, until 2 you would have to wait).I am using fast fiasp.
Thank you.

Hello, normally the basal result begins to see it after 3h from dinner or food.
If I finish dinner at 9:30 p.m. it is 00.30h when I no longer have humalog in my body (I speak of my specific one).
That result must be more or less the same in the morning.
The same thing happens at noon as that time I see how I continue after the digestion of food.
I put it at night, but I got better values ​​changing it in the morning.
Maybe Fiasp is shorter of action even if he acts before.
I did not go well with Apidra.

vanessa30's profile photo
vanessa30
09/06/2021 7:51 a.m.

@meginer I put the basal at night and I see that I get up with the same value that I went to bed, already without a fast effect.During the day I observe that between meals I am stable, if at breakfast the postprandial is 125, I reach food with 100-90, and the same with meals or dinners.For me that is to have the basal well.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
09/06/2021 8:43 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

ruthbia said:
@meginer I put the basal at night and I see that I get up with the same value that I went to bed, already without a quick effect.During the day I observe that between meals I am stable, if at breakfast the postprandial is 125, I reach food with 100-90, and the same with meals or dinners.For me that is to have the basal.

Yes, I understood that, what happens is that it gives me the feeling that I need more basal in the morning than later in the afternoon, with low food in HC I do, at noon with lunch I have not put insulin the lastDays but nevertheless in the morning between the ALBA effect and others, I climb after breakfast to more than 200 (with 40 g of whole wheat bread, I will try the protein bread to see, at first with FIASP well but it is already doing mePico, I don't know if it's because I am one week after the rule).Use threeiba q has a longer theory because of what I do not know if it can be fragmented.

meginer's profile photo
meginer
09/06/2021 5:03 p.m.

Change breakfast if you upload a lot, right?Although I am not type 1, I am doing well eating other things that are not bread (I used to eat the same amount as you): yogurt with forest fruits, eggs, serrano ham ... even a cake that my mother prepares with ground almond andapple.And I'm staying much better than with the 40gr of bread I ate before.

Nila's profile photo
Nila
09/06/2021 5:58 p.m.

Diabetes desde 03/15
Lantus
MODY 3
HG octubre 2021: 5,7; junio 2021: 6,5; 2020: 6,7; 2019: 6,7. 2018: 6,4

meginer said:
good morning.
Thank you.

I have been with Tresiba 1 month and I do a little what you say to see if it is well adjusted.I have also noticed that at 6h and 12h it makes a downward beak that is normally adjusted, it is approx (-20) that is ... that if I am in 140 drops alone to 120.

There are time stripes where if you know you have a greater need for insulin you can change the time of the Tresiba for making it coincide

marine's profile photo
marine
09/06/2021 7:35 p.m.

@meginer Yo breakfast beverage light, 250ml, which are 2.5 g of HC and 2 toasts of protein bread that are 3g of HC, total 5.5g of HC andwill use fiasp would be 5 units !!!I punctured the insulin 1 hour of breakfast and makes me peak at 165mg/dl.That without menstruation or ovulation effect.

Breakfasts are madness.

I do not touch the basal, I prefer to get faster so as not to have hypoglycemia the rest of the day or night.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
09/06/2021 9:52 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

When is the rule to come up the slow?

Nila's profile photo
Nila
09/06/2021 9:55 p.m.

Diabetes desde 03/15
Lantus
MODY 3
HG octubre 2021: 5,7; junio 2021: 6,5; 2020: 6,7; 2019: 6,7. 2018: 6,4

nila said:
change breakfast if you upload a lot, right?Although I am not type 1, I am doing well eating other things that are not bread (I used to eat the same amount as you): yogurt with forest fruits, eggs, serrano ham ... even a cake that my mother prepares with ground almond andapple.And I'm staying much better than with the 40gr of bread I ate before.

I am going to try a low protein bread in the Aldi Q has 6 g at 100, two slices are about 50 g, it would be 3 g of HC, to me the coffee with milk as soon as I climb me there I take little milk, sometimes even I evenI have a tea (only water).What uploads to me is the bread, much more than a plate of pasta.So I'll see if this bread is doing well, if not, I will decide.

meginer's profile photo
meginer
09/06/2021 10:15 p.m.

nila said:
when the rule will come the slow?

I normally do not alter me

vanessa30
09/06/2021 10:16 p.m.

marine said:
meginer said:
good morning.
Thank you.

I have been with Tresiba 1 month and I do a little what you say to see if it is well adjusted.I have also noticed that at 6h and 12h it makes a downward beak that is normally adjusted, it is approx (-20) that is ... that if I am in 140 drops alone to 120.

There are time stripes where if you know that you have a greater need for insulin you can change the time of the Tresiba for making it coincide

To me, I do peak down at 6 and 12 h.I put it in the night and vice versa, in the morning, for the alba effect and without breakfast, it goes up, when it goes down, it is from noon.
With Fiasp I have been very good for three weeks but now not so much, I say that I don't know if it's because I am one week after the rule.

meginer's profile photo
meginer
09/06/2021 10:18 p.m.

ruthbia said:
@meginer IAnd I need 3 you from Novirapid, if you will use FIASP would be 5 units !!!I punctured the insulin 1 hour of breakfast and makes me peak at 165mg/dl.That without menstruation or ovulation effect.

Breakfasts are madness.

I do not touch the basal, I prefer to get faster so as not to have hypoglycemia the rest of the day or night.

Do you put the quick one hour before?
With fiasp is more quantity what do you have to put q with humalog or novorapid?
I do not know if the hormonal theme will be the fast insulin looks like water this week.
There are people with DM 1 q, they take metformin to reduce insulin resistance during that period.
I changed to Fiasp I was very happy because it was very fast and I was recently peak, even at breakfast, now it is not so, I will see if I change Humalog again if I see that it is not a hormonal issue.

meginer's profile photo
meginer
09/06/2021 10:23 p.m.

meginer said:
marine said:
meginer said:
meginer said:
good morning.
Thank you.

There are time stripes where if you know that you have a greater need for insulin you can change the time of the Tresiba for making it coincide

To me, I do peak down at 6 and 12 h.I put it in the night and vice versa, in the morning, for the alba effect and without breakfast, it goes up, when it goes down, it is from noon.
With Fiasp I have been very good for three weeks but now not so much, I say that I don't know if it's for being one week after the rule.

>

Tresiba lasts more than 24h, maybe if you change to your fast before in the premenstrual days, you recover the values ​​that you had.
The hormonal issue does not affect me, but that it is true that many times happens.
Another option would be to put threeiba in the morning and something quick TB with how little you can have breakfast (for your diet I say).
I do the basal peak at 10h and that is when I take advantage and as something like ham with 2 small breadcases.
Thus I usually reach dinner at 120-130.
I don't want to go as limit for not making declines

vanessa30
09/06/2021 10:27 p.m.

What I am seeing in my daughter is that when the Tresiba went down, so that the night is without hypos, it fell short of action., and now it lasts 24 hours or less, and makes a peak of 200 just at 24 hours, without putting the next dose, nor the humalog of breakfast.

Let's see if climbing the threeba gets a bit that it lasts longer, without going down much at night.
Or putting it after the humalog and breakfast ..
The effect of the basal sees it after three hours of dinner, until it wakes up, during sleep hours.

The truth is that they advertise the Tresiba as a longest action, but I am seeing that the duration depends on the dose that is resist without nocturnal hypos.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
09/07/2021 12:45 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

@Meginer Yes, with Fiasp I need 2 you more than with Novorapid and its effect is two fair hours, with Novorapid I reached almost three hours;That's why I leave it.I also put it on me 1 hour before breakfast to reduce the peaks.
As I mentioned I have it prescribed but I don't buy it.

I thought about metformin last night because for the day and night I am fine, the problem is breakfast and hormones.It is also true is that the weekend that breakfast around 11 I have no resistance and insulin is doing well.

@vanessa30 I didn't notice the hormonal effect the first year of diabetes, the second one took a scare because I had not eating hours and hours and did not go down from 150. I went to sleep without dinner and I got up the same, in 150. After this, I put insulin every 2 hours to correct and sometimes I do not get it, and I also upload the 2-3 UDs but it is not effective, I do not always return to normal values.I'm afraid to think about menopause that is just around the corner.

@Regina if the three -nombe does not do well to change Toujeo.But he waits a few weeks to be sure that does not cover him well and that if the SUBE has nocturnal hypoglycemia.I suppose that when you lower units from Tresiba you will need more Humalog units.You have been with this for many years, surely you find the solution.

I have not noticed action at the x hours of injected Toujeo.I am flat all the time and it covers me well, I have no peaks in the afternoon that I should get on since I put it at night.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
09/07/2021 8:47 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

ruthbia said:
@meginer yes, with fiasp I need 2 uds more than with novorapid and its effect is two fair hours, with Novorapid I reached almost three hours;That's why I leave it.I also put it on me 1 hour before breakfast to reduce the peaks.
As I mentioned I have it prescribed but I don't buy it.

I thought about metformin last night because for the day and night I am fine, the problem is breakfast and hormones.It is also true is that the weekend that breakfast around 11 I have no resistance and insulin is doing well.

@vanessa30 I didn't notice the hormonal effect the first year of diabetes, the second one took a scare because I had not eating hours and hours and did not go down from 150. I went to sleep without dinner and I got up the same, in 150. After this, I put insulin every 2 hours to correct and sometimes I do not get it, and I also upload the 2-3 UDs but it is not effective, I do not always return to normal values.I'm afraid to think about menopause that is just around the corner.

@Regina if the three -nombe does not do well to change Toujeo.But he waits a few weeks to be sure that does not cover him well and that if the SUBE has nocturnal hypoglycemia.I suppose that when you lower units from Tresiba you will need more Humalog units.You have been with this for many years, surely you find the solution.

I have not noticed action at the x hours of injected Toujeo.I am flat all the time and it covers me well, I have no peaks in the afternoon that I should get on since I put it at night.

I tell you my experience.Today it has been the first day that I have taken for breakfast the Bread Low in protein HC.I put two FIASP units.Before breakfast I was very fair, 68 but I have been seeing and has risen up to 125 at 11 that I have taken an infusion with nuts to endure until 4 minus not so I get home.Maybe another unit would not go badly if I am higher before breakfast.I have taken 50 g of bread and coffee with milk with half of half -naming milk (in medium glass).The toast with smeared avocado and turkey.
I will lower the basal a little not to get up so fair and see how I continue during the day.
I am also thinking about returning to Humalog, I will see PQ Fiasp as it is so fast can act too soon and Humalog puts himself as half an hour before and at least at breakfast, covers the proteins that can give a small peak at 2.5 h.
We will see.Thank you all.

meginer's profile photo
meginer
09/07/2021 11:27 a.m.

Hello good,

I will look at how you are doing it because I have been with basal insulin for a short time and I can't succeed with the dose, in fact at night I have touched the sensor 3 times for low sugar and after breakfast it has risen me to 230. TheIt is that once I have managed to stabilize it at the time, it sounds alarm by low sugar and takes me all morning jumping the alarms and eating.

Colt's profile photo
Colt
09/10/2021 2:38 p.m.

Diabetes tipo 1 desde enero 2021.
Insulina Toujeo 10 u dia, Crestor 1 u dia.
A1C: 5,7 % Agosto 2021

colt said:
good,

I will look at how you are doing it because I have been with basal insulin for a short time and I can't succeed with the dose, in fact at night I have touched the sensor 3 times for low sugar and after breakfast it has risen me to 230. TheIt is that once I have managed to stabilize it at the time, it sounds alarm by low sugar and takes me all morning by jumping the alarms and eating.

And do you check it in capillary to know if that result is correct?
There are times that warns of hypoglycemia and it is not so (I tell you because it happened to me more than once)

vanessa30
09/10/2021 2:42 p.m.

The three of my daughter already seems.
De Lantus was 21, now three of Tresiba.
She is happy because she says she has to eat much less to overcome hypos and is much flatter.

He had to upload the fast breakfast, from 3 to 5.
And adjusting with half units has done very well ..
The glucosilada that was in 6, I do not know if it will rise a little, having a trend at least, but reducing the hydrates will be better.

Thanks for the spirits and advice !!

Regina's profile photo
Regina
09/10/2021 3:51 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

regina said:
The three of my daughter already seems to be.
De Lantus was 21, now three of Tresiba.
She is happy because she says she has to eat much less to overcome hypos and is much flatter.

He had to upload the fast breakfast, from 3 to 5.
And adjusting with half units has done very well ..
The glucosilada that was in 6, I do not know if it will rise a little, having a trend at least, but reducing the hydrates will be better.

Thanks for the spirits and advice !!

How good, it is not easy to adjust the basal.I am in 12 too and I got 19 from Lantus and then 28 from Toujeo that did not go down.With threeiba well, for the hypos little because it is as flat, if you eat more, then it gives you a good climb.That's why I am p.Ex 60, I take a glycosport pill and go up to 75, I have it more controlled and it doesn't give me a hyper of these 300 later.

meginer's profile photo
meginer
09/10/2021 8:45 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.