{'en': 'False hypoglycemia in my free freestyle 2', 'es': 'Falsas hipoglucemias en mi Freestyle Libre 2'} Image

False hypoglycemia in my free freestyle 2

Viki's profile photo   05/13/2021 11:07 p.m.

Hello!

I have been with my first sensor on and today I have observed that the Abbot reader I use to take the sensor readings almost constantly indicates hypoglycemia that I later confirm that they are not through the glucometer.

An example is that it marks 59 having 113 capillary.

Why can it happen?

I don't think having 4 days already fail the sensor.

What do you do in these cases?

Thanks for the help :)

Viki's profile photo
Viki
05/13/2021 11:07 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Well, if you keep failing Abbot to change it (who do)

isabelbota's profile photo
isabelbota
05/14/2021 12:04 a.m.

DM 2 con páncreas agotado desde diciembre 2020. 51 años entonces.
HG diciembre 2020: 15.9. Última HG: julio 2024 5.8
Abasaglar 9 unidades. Metformina, 1000/0/1000. Humalog junior: 2 unid en desayuno y luego en función de lo que coma.

@Viki, before making any decision make a capillary.

The sensors are not 100% reliable only the trend arrows and sometimes not even that.

When you start one, the first 24 hours are not reliable, from the second day, make measurements to see the differences in each threshold: there are sensors that measure well of 50-100 and fail 160-200.
The one who just removed measured the same as the capillary above 160, but failed below 95.

Little by little you will take the truquillo.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
05/14/2021 12:59 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

To me for example for that subject, calibrate with Diabox gave me my life.

It was also very curious because the first 6 days the sensor always gave -20 of the real and with Diabox calibrated and had a margin of 1% error with the capillary.On the seventh day the sensor began to give the same values ​​as Diabox.

marine's profile photo
marine
05/14/2021 2:03 p.m.

I hope to host myself to live with this a lifetime, but of course in three months I have not achieved it, apart from the mental dependence that produces me, which does not let me disconnect even a second from diabetes, the false hypoglycemiah they totally dislodge me,They tend to measure very low, I suppose it will be for security as they say, but I was certainly much calmer when I had no sensor.That without hesitation of its advantages as a tool for control.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
05/14/2021 5:39 p.m.

@Fer1803, I'm with you, never disconnect !!Take the Free in 2014 for the first time and there I already realized.When I left it, fatal time passes, such as when you stop smoking: P now I take it again and keep thinking about the same or more because now you look at the mobile and that's it.What is a great help?What do you know better?What a hiccup warns you?Yes, yes and yes, but do not disconnect.It is as if you will carry a poster that I am diabetics.

Anaisabel's profile photo
Anaisabel
05/14/2021 6:30 p.m.

anaisabel said:
@fer1803, I'm with you, never disconnect !!Take the Free in 2014 for the first time and there I already realized.When I left it, fatal time passes, such as when you stop smoking: P now I take it again and keep thinking about the same or more because now you look at the mobile and that's it.What is a great help?What do you know better?What a hiccup warns you?Yes, yes and yes, but do not disconnect.It is as if it will carry a poster that I am diabetics.

Why did you leave it for the psychological pressure that produced you?I want me at times ...

DiabetesForo
05/14/2021 6:38 p.m.

@Fer1803 I cannot be more than agree ... but I think there is a main milestone ... and it generates that dependence because you see the value and do not trust ....

I put a case ... I was getting a little help in a physical work in a field.Well, the mobile whistled every 2x3, that if the sun gave him that if he moved me that if I know you read but that was a mess and mentally it is going to give me a descent is that it will give me a descent ...

But it is also true that one day I saved me from a good one ... I had a very strong hiccup because of putting an intramuscular puncture and when I had no symptom I whistle for descent ....

So what I make clear, is to try to look at it as little as possible and just let it be possible if it has to whistle and that the system improves so that it really works as a capillary but having a sensor.

marine's profile photo
marine
05/14/2021 6:51 p.m.

I carry it using from my debut in December and just now I have been 3 days away, with strips.
The last two measured me more and scared me.Find me 196 with the ascending arrow, pull and the glucometer tell me 130 ...
Get up according to the sensor to 130 (which is already out of range) and the glucometer tells me 90 ...
And so day after day.
Total, who died the last 3 days ago and I am resting, based on strips.And it will be luck but when I measure me (6 times a day) always pillo good results, without scares.
It is also true that thanks to the sensor I have learned what I can eat, what goes up and what is not and well, from my glycosylated in my debut of 15.9 in less than 5 months I put myself in 5.9.That's why I'm sure I will use it again shortly, but I needed a few days off.
I don't know if it will be "eyes that you don't see ..." but I'm more relaxed and happy.
The sensor would be perfect if it did not fail so much.Because when I get a bad one (which unfortunately is quite often) in the end I end up doing almost so many strips that without a sensor.
A stress.

isabelbota
05/14/2021 9:32 p.m.

Abasaglar 9 unidades. Metformina, 1000/0/1000. Humalog junior: 2 unid en desayuno y luego en función de lo que coma.

Ah, and to topretardation)

isabelbota
05/14/2021 9:34 p.m.

@isabelbota is that the stress it generates can become important ...

For example, the things that bother me the most is exercising outdoors, I mark erroneSuch I reiterate on the same ... when you advance with this topic and be as reliable as a capillary the story will change totally

marine's profile photo
marine
05/14/2021 9:41 p.m.

Stress and at the same time dependence.But I think that psychologically it is complicated, especially at the beginning, I already say that I hope to know how.Of course I have been removed quality of life.I hope to recover it over time.

DiabetesForo
05/15/2021 12:22 a.m.

@Fer1803, help, but miracles does not.My first hemo with a sensor was 7.1 and the one of previous 6.5.At the end of this month I have consultation to see if I have improved.
Leave the sensor because it gave me allergy, carry 4 or 5 I don't remember well.Now I have 15 and no allergy, let's see if it continues.
Psychologically, it affects everyone, but some we take it better than others.It goes for days.

Anaisabel's profile photo
Anaisabel
05/15/2021 1:36 p.m.

@Marine I will try what you tell me although I see a fattening having to calibrate with something else some data that would have to be more reliable.I sincerely think that Freestyle is still lacking use, that gives more problems than benefits and that have sold us as something functional when it should be improved.Or so I thought it would be, at least.I am spending lots of strips that give me counted in the health center as a result of verifying hypoglycemia and hyperglycemia at all times.And if with each sensor it is going to be different because each one measures more or less, depending on him, because I no longer know what to trust me.That has me somewhat discouraged.By the way, the nurse told me that at the end of the year the free freestyle 3 would come out, with a much smaller sensor.I hope you also have improvements in the values ​​you measure.

@Fer1803 I agree with you on stress and dependence.I just hope that glycosylated hemoglobin does not spoil me because then I would go back to my life without the sensor, feeling it a lot.
I have been told that I have 6 months to decide to stay with the sensor or return to the glucometer, which in the meantime will continue to give me my corresponding strips to use both methods but that the idea in the long run is to dispense with those strips and depend only on the sensor.Honestly, that last option as things are now and what I read of your experiences I don't see it feasible at all.

Viki's profile photo
Viki
05/15/2021 2:03 p.m.

viki said:
@marine I will try what you tell me even if I see a fattening I have to calibrate with something else some data that would have to be more reliable.I sincerely think that Freestyle is still lacking use, that gives more problems than benefits and that have sold us as something functional when it should be improved.Or so I thought it would be, at least.I am spending lots of strips that give me counted in the health center as a result of verifying hypoglycemia and hyperglycemia at all times.And if with each sensor it is going to be different because each one measures more or less, depending on him, because I no longer know what to trust me.That has me somewhat discouraged.By the way, the nurse told me that at the end of the year the free freestyle 3 would come out, with a much smaller sensor.I hope you also have improvements in the values ​​you measure.

@Fer1803 I agree with you on stress and dependence.I just hope that glycosylated hemoglobin does not spoil me because then I would go back to my life without the sensor, feeling it a lot.
I have been told that I have 6 months to decide to stay with the sensor or return to the glucometer, which in the meantime will continue to give me my corresponding strips to use both methods but that the idea in the long run is to dispense with those strips and depend only on the sensor.Honestly, that last option as things are now and what I read of your experiences do not see it feasible at all.

I spend more strips now than when I had no sensor, and it is because I do not trust him.Yes, it has helped me to improve some things, and find out others that I did not know, for example that it was very fast, but much, and to know that they give me more hypos than I felt.What I wear is the nights because it wakes me almost all, and sometimes with false hypoglycemia.I do not deny its usefulness but I think it certainly has to improve a lot yet.And of course at the psychological level it is at the beginning very hard I already say that I have been 3 months and I still do not get it well.And that I have in a ninety -peak of time rank.Of course, if it weren't for the hypos that warns me, I would value back to the strips, at least one season.Have a bit of Viki patience, but it doesn't want to cheat you for psychologically, it is not being, although I take it better than at the beginning.

DiabetesForo
05/15/2021 3:15 p.m.

To me in what helps me a lot is when I may get up and give me a dizziness or I am on the street with my friends and I do not trust how I am, if there is a constant because I trust ...

What I do when today for example I have eaten on the street and it has gone from a mother to 280 is to make a capillary before correcting quickly so as not to liar it because in such high values ​​the percentage of error can make that cifer variea lot.

And yes, this has to improve even very much so that it does not generate so much stress but I think that for something you have to start, I do not think to return to the strips if it is a solution but we want the mixture of both and I see that evenYou have to wait.

marine's profile photo
marine
05/15/2021 10:19 p.m.

I corroborate everything but it is a matter of giving less importance when one is already known.
I turn out the sound at night, I know when I'm going to be high or low.
I make the righteous capillaries because after 5 years I do not need to know the exact value of blood glucose, I know when I have passed or have fallen short of insulin.
I take it because I reassure me to know that "there is a control" and more now that I do not have to pay it.Now pay the strips that are cheaper than the sensors.The SS no longer gives me glucose strips.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
05/16/2021 12:37 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

@Ruthbia to me the endocrine when I told him that the first days the sensor was not going well and that I did not trust to make insulin decisions he prescribed 3 daily strips.

That then I normally have plenty because if I see that always in my normal routine and with the diabox calibration I have a margin of error normally 5% at most because I save it.

marine's profile photo
marine
05/16/2021 9:30 a.m.

Good, then, what they tell you here.Well, they are not reliable, from time to time you get some very accurate but the rest have a margin of error.To my TB I prescribed my endocrine three daily strips but as they say here, with the diabox calibration, except the day I calibrate, the rest savings me

javiertierno's profile photo
javiertierno
05/16/2021 10:37 a.m.

For me, Freestyle has meant a brutal improvement in my controls ... It is true that it fails a lot, although with calibrations the thing improves.

morganeta's profile photo
morganeta
05/16/2021 10:50 a.m.

Diabética desde 2002
Tresiba y Fiasp

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.