Hello, I'm new in the forum and in diabetes and I have a thousand questions ...

Magucha's profile photo   09/16/2021 3:54 p.m.

Hello everyone.First of all, thanks for accepting me.I have been living almost without pancreas for a year and although I am not yet diabetic I am in prediabetes brands.My endocrine says that it will not take long to pass the line ... The fact is that every day I have episodes in which I am fatal, it seems that my life goes.As I am not diabetic, they do not subsidize self -control material.I bought glucometer and strips but whenever I give me the pampurrio I check and not low from 70. My header says that it is sure to be due to a fast glucose doward ... apart, I get up fatal, as with a terrible hangover: dizzy, headache ... I commented with my endocrine and says that it will be glucose fluctuations but that nothing can be done.There are almost 2cm of Yuxtaduodenal pancreas) I read a lot about it, in this forum, in others ... and I learned of the existence of flash and continuous meters.I told the endocrine and told me that I wouldn't use at all.But my brother gave me 2 free freeyle sensors 2 (on his own, it seems that he was also trying to inform).The first was defective.I contacted ATT to the customer and they tell me that if I do not give the buyer's data they cannot change it to me, that they only take charge if there is a purchase or by prescription of the SS.I also spent a huge amount of strips to check, because it gave me some scares ... I constantly marked hypoglycemia (50.40 ...) and capillary 190,180 ... They say they absolutely pass from me.With the glucometer I never had those problems.They even gave me one when the one who had fallen into a river and I did not even ask me for an invoice, nor did they ask me where I had bought it ... Do you know if I can do something?The second sensor is working for me, I use it with my husband's mobile because mine does not work for the app, which is a bit cumbersome, but it is serving me to understand a thousand things that happen to me.At night it marks numerous hypoglycemia, in the morning and afternoons too.In less than 10 minutes I pass from 180-185 to 70-75.The values ​​are almost listed to capillary measurements.The last glucosilada was 6, the previous 6.2 and the previous 6.4, but when I was at 6.4 I was much better.I really like exercising, walking ... but now I can't, I hit unbearable cloths.And my digestion is very irregular (I have almost no pancreas) so I don't get to prevent ... well, sorry for the tostón, it seems that I want to let off steam here .... What I wanted to know is if someone can tell me how to claim theSensor without putting him who gave it to me in garlic (I do not feel like telling him that his gift was partly a disaster).If I can get them to take care (at least in part) of the strips that made me spend your defective sensor ... I would also like to know if this system is suited or does not help me at all (the free freestyle 2) ...It's expensive ... I don't know ... the truth is that I am very lost in the subject and the amount of doubts that I have overwhelmed me ... any advice, information, indication that you can give me what you already have (unfortunately) I would be helpful to experience.Thank you in advance and greetings !!!

Magucha's profile photo
Magucha
09/16/2021 3:54 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hello.
So you have, even if you are not yet diabetic I think you would deserve a better social security treatment.With this, I mean that you give you more means of control, strips, etc.
It depends on doctors but in general it is only to type 1 to those who recipe sensor or enough strips.
Regarding the failed sensor, you have to say the buyer's data yes or yes.Talk to your brother, it is no failure.Many bad and replace them, they are normal.You have to tell your brother.Although thinking about it, you surely have your data and you don't need or ask them for.
Regarding whether the free is convenient ... it is something quite personal.
I buy it since being type 2, do not prescribe it.Insulin useAlthough sometimes I have not very reliable I have learned a lot from how my body behaves.I also live alone and I never notice the hypoglycemia, so the sensor gives me peace of mind.It's expensive yes, but it's € 4.30 a day.If I think that when I smoked I spent that ... well, this is investing in health.While I can ...
Apart I made calculations and buy the strips I need from the glucometer that gave me the social according to (€ 47/50 strips) I got more expensive.I would have to buy about 5 daily.
I bought a glucometer with cheap strips that was going very well and have stopped manufacturing the strips ...
Regarding your data glycosilada is not bad.The problem is those variations so great, that they will be what you find so bad.I do not know anything about your case, but I think they should give you a way to regulate you to find you better.
Well, welcome to the forum and see if someone who is in your case reads your post and can help you more.
Luck.

isabelbota's profile photo
isabelbota
09/16/2021 4:21 p.m.

DM 2 con páncreas agotado desde diciembre 2020. 51 años entonces.
HG diciembre 2020: 15.9. Última HG: julio 2024 5.8
Abasaglar 9 unidades. Metformina, 1000/0/1000. Humalog junior: 2 unid en desayuno y luego en función de lo que coma.

Thank you!Thank you very much for answering !!!

Magucha's profile photo
Magucha
09/16/2021 4:37 p.m.

Hello @magucha your diabetes is the 3C, like mine, I tell you because the endocrines confuse it with the 2 and is more similar to type 1, insulin -dependent from the beginning, what I do not understand are hypoglycemia, what treatment do you take?By the way, if the endocrine do not have much idea of ​​this diabetes, the header doctors do not tell you, do not you feel what they tell you and it is about you see a endo.

Alberto_13's profile photo
Alberto_13
09/16/2021 4:47 p.m.

DM3c desde 2018; hb 6 % (feb.. 2022) (tresiba+fiasp+metformina)

IsabelBota, thanks for the answer, before I did not have time to answer you in conditions.The truth that gives me a lot of stick to tell my brother, I will leave it that way.One thing does come to mind: I was thinking of buying from time to time for Wallapop, I see that they sell much cheaper.But taking into account this problem, it seems to me that I should discard it completely.Does anyone buy like this, "second hand"? And how do you solve these problems?
So you have, even if you are not yet diabetic I think you would deserve a better social security treatment.With this, I mean that you give you more means of control, strips, etc.
It depends on doctors but in general it is only to type 1 to those who recipe sensor or enough strips.
Regarding the failed sensor, you have to say the buyer's data yes or yes.Talk to your brother, it is no failure.Many bad and replace them, they are normal.You have to tell your brother.Although thinking about it, you surely have your data and you don't need or ask them for.
Regarding whether the free is convenient ... it is something quite personal.
I buy it since being type 2, do not prescribe it.Insulin useAlthough sometimes I have not very reliable I have learned a lot from how my body behaves.I also live alone and I never notice the hypoglycemia, so the sensor gives me peace of mind.It's expensive yes, but it's € 4.30 a day.If I think that when I smoked I spent that ... well, this is investing in health.While I can ...
Apart I made calculations and buy the strips I need from the glucometer that gave me the social according to (€ 47/50 strips) I got more expensive.I would have to buy about 5 daily.
I bought a glucometer with cheap strips that was going very well and have stopped manufacturing the strips ...
Regarding your data glycosilada is not bad.The problem is those variations so great, that they will be what you find so bad.I do not know anything about your case, but I think they should give you a way to regulate you to find you better.
Well, welcome to the forum and see if someone who is in your case reads your post and can help you more.
Good luck.

Magucha's profile photo
Magucha
09/16/2021 7:21 p.m.

alberto_13 said:
hello @magucha your diabetes is the 3C, as mine, I tell you because the endocrine confuse it with the 2 and is more similar to type 1, insulin -dependent from the beginningWhat I don't understand are hypoglycemia, what treatment do you take?By the way, if the endocrine do not have much idea of ​​this diabetes, the header doctors do not tell you, do not you feel what they tell you and isiste that you see a endo.

Hi Alberto-13.First of all, thanks for your answer.I am followed by an endocrine since the day after the operation, which was on February 3, 2020. I still did not give diabetes values, I always stayed in prediabetes, so I have no treatment for it.They put me a diet that I follow Rajatabla and some exceptions to that diet that do not solve my problems at all.My digestions are very irregular, despite the enzymes that I have to take with meals to replace what my pancreas does not produce.The exocrine function is very deteriorated, already long before the pancreas were removed.I guess from there the hypoglycemia, but my endocrine tells me that she can not explain it to me either.What I know they give me. We supposed it. Now, with the free, it is corroborated.At night they are giving me several (values ​​of 50 that agree with the capillary) and I stayed soaked to the point of having to change the pajamas and the sheets.But when I go for a walk (I have two bitches), it also gives me, although it eats the bars that the endocrine told me.And in the morning I don't even leave and they do the same being sitting on the couch.I thought it would be because I may not produce glucagon and I told the endocrine (the last visit on Thursday of last week) and he told me that he intended to know too much, that that was nonsense.On Monday I put on the free that already works well and corroborates hypoglycemia. Why ??I don't know, but the truth is that I have a fatal ... I am happy to have lowered the glycosiladAll (surgeon, gravistrologist, surgeon and head of header) are surprised that it has not given diabetes values ​​from the beginning ... Rare case, but it is rarely from 2004 so ...
The free let me know when it is going to give me hiccups, but if I do it to solve it I get out of the recommendations and the glycosiladHe gave me the pampurrio hahaha.I don't know what to do...
BUAH, go tostón, sorry !!!And thank you very much for the attention !!!I am totally lost

Magucha's profile photo
Magucha
09/16/2021 7:43 p.m.

I insist how strange are hypos, type 3C is characterized that by operation, disease or cancer the islets are destroyed, there are no beta cells that produce insulin with which we tend to hyperglycemia, therefore something is in your medication, includingThe enclosures that are causing you the hypos. Well, ask your endocrine if you know this type of diabetes.

Alberto_13
09/16/2021 7:53 p.m.

alberto_13 said:

According to the pancreatologists who took me to before the operation, diabetes due to lack of pancreas give many hypos due to lack of glucagon, but the endo says it is nonsense ... I do not know ... the fact is that they give me.Before I took the enzymes, I've been with them for years, and that didn't happen to me.

Magucha's profile photo
Magucha
09/16/2021 7:57 p.m.

magucha said:
alberto_13 said:

According to the pancreatologists who took me to before the operation, diabetes due to lack of pancreas give many hypos due to lack of glucagon, but the endo says it is nonsense ... I do not know ... the fact is that they give me.Before I took the enzymes, I've been with them for years, and that didn't happen to me.

And I just take the enzymes, I have no more medication.I don't need pain

Magucha's profile photo
Magucha
09/16/2021 7:58 p.m.

The glucagon forces the liver to produce glucose and therefore hyper non -hypos and if the pancreas this headdress does not have alpha, beta cells, etc ... etc ... if it is necessary to prescribe glucagon, for those hypos, you will haveThat fighting with the doctors to give your problem, do not satisfy yourself, ask for a second, third opinion if necessary, ... inform, read, and a lot of encouragement, here you have us so that they do not deceive you

Alberto_13
09/16/2021 8:07 p.m.

Exact!!As there is no glucagon there is no stimulation (there are no pancreas, there are no cells, islets, parenchyma, ducts or anything, either glucagon).The bad thing is that there is no information online about a case like mine.I have half a life of "health tourism", as I call him.I am from Asturias.I was referred to León, Santiago de Compostela, Madrid, Valencia and Alicante.I thought my pilgrimage was over.Noooooo, I hope not to start over.But of course, if necessary ...
At the moment, I think a scam of the free: that they do not take responsibility if it is not the buyer.I have the sensor, right?It has a serial number etc etc ... would it not have to be more than enough ???In addition, it is not a cheap product ... and the scares that it gives you ... and the strips you spend to corroborate .... I think it's a full -fledged scam !!!!
You have no idea how well your answers came to me.I am so lost on this subject ...

Magucha's profile photo
Magucha
09/16/2021 8:24 p.m.

magucha said:
exact !!As there is no glucagon there is no stimulation (there are no pancreas, there are no cells, islets, parenchyma, ducts or anything, either glucagon).The bad thing is that there is no information online about a case like mine.I have half a life of "health tourism", as I call him.I am from Asturias.I was referred to León, Santiago de Compostela, Madrid, Valencia and Alicante.I thought my pilgrimage was over.Noooooo, I hope not to start over.But of course, if necessary ...
At the moment, I think a scam of the free: that they do not take responsibility if it is not the buyer.I have the sensor, right?It has a serial number etc etc ... would it not have to be more than enough ???In addition, it is not a cheap product ... and the scares that it gives you ... and the strips you spend to corroborate .... I think it's a full -fledged scam !!!!
You have no idea how well your answers came to me.I am so lost on this subject ....

I look on the Internet and always DM1 and DM2.Great !! Of course information is needed.But mine I can't find anything at all.The header tries to help me but he says he does not know ... and the endo is quite nice, but he is not solving the problem ... In the end, it seems to me that it would be better to avoid those hypos.I have the Free to let me know when it is in 80 (I download nothing, in three minutes, in five, in two).I take sugar when you whistle and don't give me.I have been doing it twice today.I feel much better, really.If not, go back to me God and help.

Magucha's profile photo
Magucha
09/16/2021 8:29 p.m.

And when do you take sugar, do you peak you?The case of yours is typical for you to prescribe sensors and then according to the hypos ... bomb, but you need a brave doctor or with enough knowledge that makes it, as you tell you before diabetes 3C it is confused with type 2, but it isdevelops like a type 1

Alberto_13
09/16/2021 8:42 p.m.

The maximum that gave me (which I have seen and now with the Free) was 220. But normally, I take sugar and climb me to 180-192, in nothing low to about 150 ... it remains in about 140 long and suddenly80-65-50.But in nothing, in minutes.That's why I put the free alarm in 80, to give me time.

Magucha's profile photo
Magucha
09/16/2021 9 p.m.

magucha said:
the maximum he gave me (which I have seen and now with the free) was 220. But normally, I take sugar and climb me to 180-192, nothing lowers some some some some some some some some some some some some some some150 ... It remains in about 140 lengths and suddenly 80-65-50.But in nothing, in minutes.That's why I put the free alarm in 80, to give me time.

The endo told me that when I get diabetes values, you can only deal with insulin, but I don't know what that refers to either

Magucha's profile photo
Magucha
09/16/2021 9:02 p.m.

Bufff is complicated but for now, yours is not bad, so doctors and endo do not worry and if you test with food with slow HC in the 3 or 4 daily meals?

Alberto_13
09/16/2021 9:05 p.m.

Of course, I was 6.4 and I managed to lower it to 6. I follow the diet they gave me, with whole bread ... No sugar, nor took sweeteners because I do not tolerate them ... Go, it is that weight everything, to the exceptionsthat gave me. such as 6 meals a day ... plus the exceptions (all scheduled for her, the endo).I control the glycosilada but of course, I am like an old rag hahaha.

Magucha's profile photo
Magucha
09/16/2021 9:14 p.m.

Another drawback is that my digestions are very irregular.And there are a lot of things that I tolerate or not tolerate.That happened to me before the operation.

Magucha's profile photo
Magucha
09/16/2021 9:16 p.m.

And I was very good until I started with the diet to try not to start diabetes already ... but I'm not going to a doctor to move from him ...

Magucha's profile photo
Magucha
09/16/2021 9:17 p.m.

Well, much I encourage and little by little you will learn to live as well as possible, and I repeat for the doubts of the day to day here you have us, especially patience

Alberto_13
09/16/2021 9:40 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.