Glucose sensor - psychological appearance

Josemibi's profile photo   05/28/2021 10:36 a.m.

Hello,

I've been looking at the search engine and I don't see many topics about it.I have been with Freestyle 2 since September and lately is affecting me psychologically.Despite having a good pull, having the system constantly measuring your values ​​affects me a lot in my life.I am aware that it is a great advance and that allows us to make decisions.But the differences with capillaries, sensor errors ... those moments of stress out of rank.Does anyone else happen to give you give up continuous monitoring?

Josemibi's profile photo
Josemibi
05/28/2021 10:36 a.m.

Db1 desde Diciembre 2007.
Fiasp y Tresiba.
FreeStyle Libre 2

Hello
The closest thing to what you tell me about my experience with the use of the sensor was until recently, several days of anxiety, or a kind of fear after taking it away.I have been overcoming it and telling myself that nothing happens.You may not have to fall into error, as was my case, being continuously taking readings and trying to correct them.It is counterproductive.
Since then, my experience with him is more satisfactory.

All the best

Sorprendido's profile photo
Sorprendido
05/28/2021 11:01 a.m.

Desde 1984 diabético tipo 1
Tresiba al mediodía , Apidra en las comidas.
Glicosiladas alrededor de 6,5 %
"Feliz aquel que reconoce a tiempo que sus deseos no están de acuerdo con sus posibilidades "
Goethe

Hello good ,

I understand you perfectly, but I think it is more a matter of knowing how to give it to him.I think it is a significant advance and that the fact that "we all have them to reinforce that they invest more in this type of system and that they improve it.

Personally it helped me not to be so pending, listen to my body again and just look at it in really necessary times.

Patience

marine's profile photo
marine
05/28/2021 11:02 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

@Josemibi

I agree with what they tell you.I understand you, why at first we have had that sensation of dependence on the sensor.And when it spoils or gives us mistakes, we get quite angry and change the humor a lot.

Now what I do is look at it only when it corresponds.In fact, I only look at it after three hours after each meal and already.Quality that sometimes it costs me not to look as I am.But if the alarm does not sound, I wait.I do the same protocol q with the sensor with the hair controls.If not one is as continuously pending of him.And in fact wrong decisions can be made.It is more to learn to use it in moderation.It is something similar to the use of mobiles, tablet, TV, etc.And at night it is very useful to avoid hypoglycemia.In fact I have had to lower a dose of basal because the alarm has jumped at night several times in a row.And this morning, for example, for whatever, I have been high at three hours of glycemia after breakfast, and I have put a correction.It is very useful, but you have to get used to using it.And if a sensor goes bad.Well nothing happens.You change it to another and that does not bitter the day.It is true, that Abbott's sensors sometimes give many problems.

But if you are able to maintain a good tir without sensors and you have no night hypoglycemia and you do not care to click on your fingers, and the sensor creates a lot of dependence and anguish, and you do not like it, the truth, I think you can leave itNo problems and return to your system.If your previous system was doing very well, then return to him.The important thing is that you have good control, and this is already.

All the best

jldiazdel's profile photo
jldiazdel
05/28/2021 11:26 a.m.

DM1 desde Marzo 2018 (53 años). 7-10 unidades basal: Abasaglar (insulina glargina). NovoRapid. Factor 1.0/1.5.
Vivo en Alemania. CarboH total dia 70-80 gr. Deporte Gym todos dias L-V 1h-2 h
HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

Josemibi said:
Hello,

I've been looking at the search engine and I don't see many topics about it.I have been with Freestyle 2 since September and lately is affecting me psychologically.Despite having a good pull, having the system constantly measuring your values ​​affects me a lot in my life.I am aware that it is a great advance and that allows us to make decisions.But the differences with capillaries, sensor errors ... those moments of stress out of rank.Does anyone else happen that you want to give up continuous monitoring?

I have been three months ago and psychologically, it is devastating me.He has complently affected my life, and I thought how you open a post about it.I am valuing to take it out if I can't dominate it in a few weeks, I completely mediate my life, and that I have some tir, like your very good, I don't know what would happen if not, the truth is that I don't know very well what to do.
They have put it privately, I am mutualist and I have not received any type of training in this regard, I do not know if it can have something to do and if you go to social follow -up they have given you education about him.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
05/28/2021 11:29 a.m.

surprised said:
hello
The closest thing to what you tell me about my experience with the use of the sensor was until recently, several days of anxiety, or a kind of fear after taking it away.I have been overcoming it and telling myself that nothing happens.You may not have to fall into error, as was my case, being continuously taking readings and trying to correct them.It is counterproductive.
Since then, my experience with him is more satisfactory.

GREETING

But in the end you have taken it or not?

DiabetesForo
05/28/2021 12:06 p.m.

For me there are little things that make the sensor stay with me.

-Charing with someone at work or having a meeting and just having to look at the mobile to know if he is giving me a downturn or not ...

-Control a hyper post food and see if the trend is stable upwards

-comer with friends and not having to be capillaries on the street when I take a long walk with them ..

There are things that are an evolution but you have to know how to control it.

In fact, my biggest problem is that I have a lot of social networks activity on my mobile and I look at it every 2x3 and I see the glycemia ... I am about to take off the diabox gadget at least the main screen.

marine's profile photo
marine
05/28/2021 12:35 p.m.

Thank you, there are days that are difficult to manage.There was a sensor that when I lean sleeping I gave me hypos, calling Abbott even if they changed it to me, everything hits and 30 'to the phone ... obviously at 2 or 4 in the morning with a capillary it serves me to know that the sensor wasevil.

Although sport I manage well, the sensor tends to exaggerate the hypos and then recover at normal values.

A glycemic peak in the morning, it is difficult to manage in itself, it bursts the tir ...

And as for the SS, having to make telephone consultations is complicated ... they serve you but from my point of view not enough to manage a complex system like this.

Josemibi's profile photo
Josemibi
05/28/2021 1:52 p.m.

Fiasp y Tresiba.
FreeStyle Libre 2

Josemibi said:
Thank you, it is that there are days that are difficult to manage.There was a sensor that when I lean sleeping I gave me hypos, calling Abbott even if they changed it to me, everything hits and 30 'to the phone ... obviously at 2 or 4 in the morning with a capillary it serves me to know that the sensor wasevil.

Although sport I manage well, the sensor tends to exaggerate the hypos and then recover at normal values.

A glycemic peak in the morning, it is difficult to manage in itself, it bursts the tir ...

And as for the SS, having to make telephone consultations is complicated ... they serve you but from my point of view not enough to manage a complex system like this.

Well, imagine privately, who didn't even teach me how to put it

DiabetesForo
05/28/2021 2:03 p.m.

@Josemibi support you on the sensor and that a false hypo is confirmed as pisa phenomenon and can pass perfectly.

marine's profile photo
marine
05/28/2021 5:14 p.m.

My daughter wants to put it now, who has consultation in June.But I have that doubt, if life will more complicate, because until now it lives very quiet.
Let's see how it manages it.
It is that if it gave very reliable values ​​it would be very helpful, but if you have to be checking with capillaries. No ..
Let's see...

Regina's profile photo
Regina
05/28/2021 5:26 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

I think there may be a difference between people with diabetes that have started with sensors and those who have lived many years without the sensors.
There may be many exceptions and each person is a world.
But probably for those who have started like me directly with a sensor, it seems normal and very useful.For those who have been a sensor for a long time, this can complicate their lives at the beginning: "Know at all times like this glycemia, what overwhelms."That told me a friend who carries something like 50 years!And I have not managed to convert it that a sensor is put on.And I really have to say that it does not need.I have been on vacation with her and her controls are better than mine.Does not count carbohydrates.They have them internalized.He does it naturally.Neither formulas nor factors.Given that I already told him keep like this.I can't live without a sensor, but a sensor is true that life can complicate you.

I guess each one has their personal experiences, but I imagine that people who have a good control before the existence of sensors have reasons to consider whether that attached pot that sometimes gives connection problems is worth it.But for those who have bad control, the sensor is extremely useful.

All the best

jldiazdel's profile photo
jldiazdel
05/28/2021 5:51 p.m.

DM1 desde Marzo 2018 (53 años). 7-10 unidades basal: Abasaglar (insulina glargina). NovoRapid. Factor 1.0/1.5.
Vivo en Alemania. CarboH total dia 70-80 gr. Deporte Gym todos dias L-V 1h-2 h
HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

Well, it doesn't bother me and I don't have excessive case.I don't live pending the sensor.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
05/28/2021 11:11 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

It has its negative part, according to that it can obsess a bit, but the positive surpasses the negative.
Information always helps.

isabelbota's profile photo
isabelbota
05/28/2021 11:15 p.m.

DM 2 con páncreas agotado desde diciembre 2020. 51 años entonces.
HG diciembre 2020: 15.9. Última HG: julio 2024 5.8
Abasaglar 9 unidades. Metformina, 1000/0/1000. Humalog junior: 2 unid en desayuno y luego en función de lo que coma.

Josemibi's profile photo
Josemibi
05/29/2021 1:15 p.m.

Fiasp y Tresiba.
FreeStyle Libre 2

This is the stress of making 90 ’of intense bicycle.And so on every day, I don't have a quiet day.I started the activity in 120, and then for the release of liver glucose almost rises to the moon.I corrected with fast and now it's time to eat for possible hypoglycemia.

Josemibi's profile photo
Josemibi
05/29/2021 1:22 p.m.

Fiasp y Tresiba.
FreeStyle Libre 2

@Regina: I think your daughter has to do with the sensor as a great advance in the control of diabetes for both diabetic and endocrine since the sensor "sees everything."Good control implies having a good hemoglobin (which can also be achieved with the capillaries) but it has to be accompanied by a good tir.The sensor allows you to get that desired pull: you can minimize the oscillations or glycemia peaks and the most important thing is that it warns you if hypoglycemia is falling so you can act on time.The sensor is not perfection but, in my case that I have been without him, it is a great help.

Ricki21's profile photo
Ricki21
05/29/2021 2:05 p.m.

DM1 desde 1982: Toujeo+Novorapid

@Ricki21, I think so, that it will take advantage of, because it is not an obsessive like me;)

Regina's profile photo
Regina
05/29/2021 6:46 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Josemibi said:
This the stress of 90 ’of intense bicycle.And so on every day, I don't have a quiet day.I started the activity in 120, and then for the release of liver glucose almost rises to the moon.I corrected with fast and now it's time to eat for possible hypoglycemia.

@Josemibi I see you perfect.With the sensor we also discovered things that we did not know before ... you should know that when the glycemia peak occurs solely because of the stress of the exercise you must wait ... sometimes without doing anything the body returns to normal and if not, it is so, it is so,You must calculate 50% less insulin than you would usually put yourself due to the increase in the sensitivity of sport.

I am more worried right now because 90 'of bike directly for me is a hiccup

marine's profile photo
marine
05/30/2021 11:13 a.m.

It is true that with the sensor you obsess a little and you are measuring all the time.Then things like the one seen in the graph that @josemibi: overoscilas, because overcover, go down too much for exercise, you eat, go up, ops, too, you correct with bolus, go down too much, etc.It happens to me too.

The recipe to avoid it is simple, although difficult to follow, but you have to try.As they say in other answers, many times the body is corrected alone, especially if there is no pending digestion and an active insulin reserve.It also happens that this sensor gives errors.If you enter the registration book, many times you will see points that leaves out of the line: that are informed values ​​that then the software has decided that they were not well.

A quick speed of glycemia response is 1mg/dl/min, that is 60 mg/dl in an hour.Therefore, we must avoid chaining consecutive readings with much less time.That is, measure at most 30-45 minutes.Thus we will see the softer curve and we can make more reposada decisions, which will avoid the overd.

I believe that, in spite of everything, the sensor is reasonable, and it is the best there is, due to the duration and absence of calibration, and that the advantages exceed the inconveniences.I don't miss the strips.

Cristóbal Cortés's profile photo
Cristóbal Cortés
05/30/2021 11:40 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.