{'en': 'Several bad years diagnosed', 'es': 'Varios años mal diagnosticado'} Image

Several bad years diagnosed

_Tacker_'s profile photo   10/13/2021 1:16 a.m.

Hi there,

It debuts in April with a severe ketoacidosis that took me to the emergency room for a week, I entered with 530 glucose and very weak, I had been badly diagnosed for several years as DM2, and although my head doctor put me a stronger medication, I was going worse.

After admission they made me a crop that resulted in DM1, insulin and care for food, has returned my life.

Greetings,

_Tacker_'s profile photo
_Tacker_
10/13/2021 1:16 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hi @_tacker_, what a shame that they could not see from the beginning what your type of diabetes was.To me until I had the definitive analyzes they treated me a few days as DM2 and, of course, that medication for me was like water.I did not improve until I started with insulin.In any case, stay with the good, you are already well diagnosed and from now on everything will go to better.Go for it!

Carussa's profile photo
Carussa
10/13/2021 9:34 a.m.

DM1 desde octubre de 2019 | Toujeo + Fiasp | FreeStyle | febrero 2023: HbA1c 5,7

The best and the worst of entering the emergency room, which at least I know why I was lazy, lost weight, did not see well, etc .... And see that I tried several times that the head doctor sent me to the endocrine ....

_Tacker_'s profile photo
_Tacker_
10/13/2021 1:51 p.m.

The truth is that it is a shame, a real penalty.I also diagnosed me in DM2 emergencies, without cultivation or anything and home with metformin, I have already told it in another thread, the treatment was painful and in part it still is, as I have been the one who has worried about self -educationalSo new for me, my endocrine is enough to see me 100% of the range, nor did he ask me how I have achieved it, or if I had doubts, nothing.Twice I have seen it since I debuted in June and in front of me I only write and if I ask him something, I stop and keep writing.I am doing well, but it is because I read a lot, I enter this forum and I do not comfort myself if something is wrong with me.I have always approved the freestyle for the SS and here I still wait to do the online workshop to give me the sensor.Meanwhile, I'm financing it.They despair for their lack of empathy and for their very high ignorance.I'm glad that you are finally well diagnosed.Courage and for all.

Aalmu's profile photo
Aalmu
10/18/2021 10:29 a.m.

@Aalmu I did not have to do a course, I told them that I had been paying them for years and they gave them as is (it was true, I did not lie);striking and say it.I went with the endocrine and demanded it, at 5 days they began to give me.This was in September 2020 and I have been using since April 2016

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
10/18/2021 2:56 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Today a girl asks me in the Carrefour where the patches for sensors and the kinesiologist tape, I give her several patches and talking to her tells me that she has taken ten years diagnosed as DM2 and all the endocrine of the last six years like DM1They think that it was badly diagnosed, nothing serious happened to me, but this girl has lost several fingers, touch, the vision of an eye, has arrhythmias and kidney problems, etc ......
In the end I will have to thank the acidosis keto that I take to the hospital and know that I am DM1

_Tacker_'s profile photo
_Tacker_
08/03/2022 4:18 a.m.

@_Tacker_, of those cases there are many, unfortunately, I don't know why there is so much resistance to prescribe or start putting insulin.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
08/03/2022 1:58 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

regina said:
@_ tacker_, of those cases there are many, unfortunately, I do not know why there is so much resistance to prescribe or start putting insulin.

According to the endocrine because most DM2 are curable with a little more diet and prescribe something not necessary

_Tacker_'s profile photo
_Tacker_
08/03/2022 3:35 p.m.

regina said:
@_ tacker_, of those cases there are many, unfortunately, I do not know why there is so much resistance to prescribe or start putting insulin.

Apparently type II do not have so many rights because we have diabetes because we want (words of an endocrine)

cgs's profile photo
cgs
08/03/2022 9:09 p.m.

Diagnosticada de DM en enero de 2019, con tres generaciones (yo sería la cuarta) de diabéticos tipo 1 en la familia
En principio DM2 por resistencia a la insulina asociada a SOP (sin tener en cuenta los antecedentes familiares)
De momento, solo con Forxiga y Rybelsus (7mg) por la mañana
La glucosa hace lo que le da la gana
Ultimas Hemos: 7,2 (26/12/2023); 6,7 (12/2/2023, al mes de empezar con Rybelsus 3mg)
Última hemo: 6

cgs said:
regina said:
@_ tacker_, of those cases there are many, unfortunately, I do not know why there is so much resistance to prescribe or start to get onInsulin.

Apparently type II do not have so many rights because we have diabetes because we want (words of an endocrine)

Exactly, most nurses and auxiliaries still believe that DM2 are common zampadulces addicted to sugary soft drinks

_Tacker_'s profile photo
_Tacker_
08/04/2022 2:43 a.m.

_ tacker _ said:
cgs said:
regina said:
regina said:
@_ tacker_, of those cases there are many, unfortunately,I don't know why there is so much resistance to prescribe or start putting insulin.

Exactly, most nurses and auxiliaries still believe that DM2 are common zampadulces addicted to sugary soft drinks

And some doctors too ... what things, I didn't even eat a cake in my birthday, all the most frozen in summer, the typical chuches of a girl and adolescent ... I don't like sodas ... and Ale, yes, yes, yesIt's my fault ... send noses

cgs's profile photo
cgs
08/04/2022 9:10 p.m.

Diagnosticada de DM en enero de 2019, con tres generaciones (yo sería la cuarta) de diabéticos tipo 1 en la familia
En principio DM2 por resistencia a la insulina asociada a SOP (sin tener en cuenta los antecedentes familiares)
Ultimas Hemos: 7,2 (26/12/2023); 6,7 (12/2/2023, al mes de empezar con Rybelsus 3mg)

@CGS, I don't know if you have done all antibody tests, peptide C ... to know the diagnosis.
It can also be lada, but do not satisfy yourself with a treatment that does not keep you glycosilada below 7.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
08/05/2022 2:06 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)

regina said:
@cgs, I don't know if you have done all antibody tests, C peptide ... to know the diagnosis.
It can also be lada, but do not satisfy yourself with a treatment that does not keep you glycosilada below 7.

Nothing, the Pécido C that my doctor asks me for the private one (unfortunate, as I have obesity (derived from a subclinical hypothyroidism that is not treated and the SOP) and insulin resistance (possibly by the SOP itself) because nothing, type 2 and ready ... and that while it is below 7.5no problem...

cgs's profile photo
cgs
08/06/2022 12:11 a.m.

cgs said:
regina said:
@cgs, I don't know if you have done all the antibody tests, peptide C ... to know the diagnosis.

Nothing, the Pécido C that my doctor asks me for the private one (unfortunate, as I have obesity (derived from a subclinical hypothyroidism that is not treated and the SOP) and insulin resistance (possibly by the SOP itself) because nothing, type 2 and ready ... and that while it is below 7.5No problem ...

Well, the endors say that glyc must be between 6 and 7. Nothing below 7.5.Protest that is your health.Or do doctor change.

isabelbota's profile photo
isabelbota
08/06/2022 12:28 a.m.

DM 2 con páncreas agotado desde diciembre 2020. 51 años entonces.
HG diciembre 2020: 15.9. Última HG: julio 2024 5.8
Abasaglar 9 unidades. Metformina, 1000/0/1000. Humalog junior: 2 unid en desayuno y luego en función de lo que coma.

Obesity does not help control.I'm going to tell you nonsense, but have you proven a little improvement when you lower a few kilos?
Peptide C fluctuations may be due to changes in weight.
I know that diet is difficult and more in summer with delicious fruits, horchata, etc.But it is good to try to control the weight and see the effects of blood glucose to claim the endocrine controls.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
08/06/2022 7:08 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

ruthbia said:
obesity does not help control.I'm going to tell you nonsense, but have you proven a little improvement when you lower a few kilos?
I know that diet is difficult and more in summer with delicious fruits, horchata, etc.But it is good to try to control the weight and see the effects of blood glucose to claim the endocrine controls.

It is that this issue is also of endocrine and more with hypothyroidism.They should control her more, that is, look for more solutions and not tell him that below 7.5 is fine ...

isabelbota's profile photo
isabelbota
08/06/2022 9:39 p.m.

DM 2 con páncreas agotado desde diciembre 2020. 51 años entonces.
HG diciembre 2020: 15.9. Última HG: julio 2024 5.8
Abasaglar 9 unidades. Metformina, 1000/0/1000. Humalog junior: 2 unid en desayuno y luego en función de lo que coma.

ruthbia said:
obesity does not help control.I'm going to tell you nonsense, but have you proven a little improvement when you lower a few kilos?

I have tried to lose weight ... the problem is there: to lose weight.Already as less than I should according to doctors, when I ask them for help the answer is always the same ... in that we cannot help you.Without testing or anything ... and there comes a time when you get tired of fighting them ... I've been since October with "low back pain."I put it in quotes because they told me that but without evidence, I have gone to the physio (paying) and the only thing is that a simple low back pain is not ... I do not stand almost standing or walking ... yes, despite reducingActivity I have not taken more weight.That I have to lose weight, how I don't know ...

Isabelbota said:

Well, the endors say that glyc must be between 6 and 7. Nothing below 7.5.Protest that is your health.Or do you like a doctor.

Here everyone goes ... it doesn't matter if you change, that they will tell you the same (I know from experience);2500 kcal type diet, exercise, if you can't not my problem, don't come back until you lose weight.

cgs's profile photo
cgs
08/06/2022 9:41 p.m.

@CGS, a Keto type diet, although you add fruit and milk even a little bread, it will help you a lot to lose weight.Downloading hydrates is what results.And decreases the need for insulin.
Another important thing is that they control your thyroid.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
08/07/2022 12:55 a.m.

In his day, an endocrine told me that with DM2 a Keto diet could give problems, and that if it were DM1, the harmful effects would be worse for the game between hypos, hyper and insulin and glucose .....
Then I met the typical nutritionist with a course title of the Juan Carlos L, who gave the same diet to all, whatever the morphology.
Unfortunately, health does not fix an obesity but if it puts some ..... or it takes you away ... and puts you a .....
I think it is understood.

_Tacker_'s profile photo
_Tacker_
08/07/2022 4:18 p.m.

@Regina I have lada but I don't know the difference between diabetes I and this one.
Does anyone know it?

paz's profile photo
paz
08/28/2022 9:52 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.