{'en': 'Why do I have to eat every 2 hours?', 'es': '¿Porque tengo que comer cada 2 horas?'} Image

Why do I have to eat every 2 hours?

manu42's profile photo   06/18/2021 7:43 p.m.

Hello,

I have been diabetic type 1 9 months.I have realized that I have to eat every 2 hours because I have hypoglycemia, slowly at night 17 units and I get up with 105, and at meals I put 1 fast and before 2 hours I have to eat again becauseI have hypos, I have to snack 3 times without insulin and before eating TB 3 times breakfast.

The endocrine does not tell me anything because I have a glucosilada of 5.5.

Will you have to lower the slow?

Thank you so much!

manu42's profile photo
manu42
06/18/2021 7:43 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

@manu42, if you have hypoglycemia every day, you have excess insulin.It can be fast or slow.If you are fine at night and wake up well, it will be the one that is in excess.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
06/18/2021 7:50 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

But I put on 1 unit alone, I was prescribed in the fast insulin to give me if that 0.5 and it happens to me the same, and I am tired of being eating all the time.

manu42's profile photo
manu42
06/18/2021 7:53 p.m.

@manu42

What glycosilad did you have before?I ask it for curiosity that going from having type 1 diabetes 9 months ago and now having a HB of 5.5 in 9 months is very impressive.

Apart from this question out of curiosity!I think you have honeymoon (your pancreas still generates some insulin).The slow seems well adjusted because you have no hypo at night and you get up well.You can try two things: lower the slow or not get quickly.

I think I would start trying not to put any fast insulin before meals.Let's see what you are doing.But if you have diabetes 1, be very careful why you will be sooner or later to put on fast insulin.Another option is to continue putting a fast (or medium) and lower the slow in several U and control how you get up.

In any case you have to be very aware of the changes.The honeymoon is unpredictable, it can last a long time or end very soon.

All the best

jldiazdel's profile photo
jldiazdel
06/18/2021 8:46 p.m.

DM1 desde Marzo 2018 (53 años). 7-10 unidades basal: Abasaglar (insulina glargina). NovoRapid. Factor 1.0/1.5.
Vivo en Alemania. CarboH total dia 70-80 gr. Deporte Gym todos dias L-V 1h-2 h
HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

manu42 said:
but I put 1 unit alone, they prescribed the fast insulin child to give me if that 0.5 and the same happens to me, and I am tired of being eating all the time.

Well, you don't need the same for the moment, if you are still on a honeymoon.

meginer's profile photo
meginer
06/18/2021 8:46 p.m.

meginer said:
manu42 said:
but I put 1 unit alone, they prescribed the rapid childhood insulin to give me if that 0.5 and it happens to me the same, and I'm tired of being eating all the time.

Well, you don't need the same for the moment, if you are still on a honeymoon.

And maybe also get off the slow one, 17 or seem a lot. To start.

meginer's profile photo
meginer
06/18/2021 8:47 p.m.

Hello, debut with 13, the second that made me 7.1 and the third 5.5.I will get the slow to see if I don't have to be eating all day and I'm trying.

manu42's profile photo
manu42
06/18/2021 8:59 p.m.

Hi Manu, I think that if you get up in 105, the slow seems to be well adjusted.You have to identify which is your insulin / HC ratio.How many HC do you need for each fast unit, for example 10gr of HC (a ration) x 1 ud of insulin or 20gr of HC (two rations) x 1 ud of insulin.

So that you get an idea I have a ratio of 1 UD/Ration for breakfast and 0.5 at meals.

I hope it helps you.

All the best

Josemibi's profile photo
Josemibi
06/18/2021 10:10 p.m.

Db1 desde Diciembre 2007.
Fiasp y Tresiba.
FreeStyle Libre 2

You are on a honeymoon.My first year I did not use fast insulin, only slow.
Suppress the fast, put it only if before eating you are above 160mg/dl, they told me.
I debut with 13.6 glyc and then do 6.4 and 5.3

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
06/18/2021 10:32 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Hello Manu.I debut 2 years ago, I still have a honeymoon, sure.I still do not get fast when I do sports, it is true that I diet Low Carb.When I do sports, that is to say almost every day, not quickly use and the slow one walks for 5.3.Maybe it's your case.

Alerr's profile photo
Alerr
06/18/2021 10:32 p.m.

aer said:
hello manu.I debut 2 years ago, I still have a honeymoon, sure.I still do not get fast when I do sports, it is true that I diet Low Carb.When I do sports, that is to say almost every day, not quickly use and the slow one walks for 5.3.Maybe it's your case.

Can you talk to me a little about the Low Carb diet?.I have heard of her, I have even attended some talk, you can tell me examples of what you usually eat at breakfast, lunch and dinner?.Thank you.

meginer's profile photo
meginer
06/18/2021 10:56 p.m.

Basically I do not take carbohydrates, no bread, pasta, potato, fruits, legumes, sweets, milk or processed.I like vegetables, olives, meats but above all fish and salads along with nuts.Look for foods with little or no carbohydrates.AMI is great

Alerr's profile photo
Alerr
06/19/2021 6:24 p.m.

Look for info in dietdoctor

Alerr's profile photo
Alerr
06/19/2021 6:25 p.m.

aer said:
basically I do not drink carbohydrates, no bread, pasta, potato, fruits, legumes, sweets, milk or processed.I like vegetables, olives, meats but above all fish and salads along with nuts.Look for foods with little or no carbohydrates.Ami is great

Do not eat any fruit?, To me a piece of fruit rises very little, milk only at breakfast and very little, either you upload me just, what goes up is the bread, which gives me an important peak although then it goes down.Nor do you eat any legumes?I will look at what you tell me, thank you.

meginer's profile photo
meginer
06/21/2021 1:30 p.m.

The vegetables and nuts are source of hydrates!I am very uploaded by green beans, for example and lettuce.Almonds, anacardos and peanuts too, except hazelnuts.
Also animal protein a lot and what they call natural fats rises like foam.

Be careful that the ketogenic diet does not inhibit insulin use!

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
06/23/2021 9:07 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Vegetables that raw do not usually raise blood glucose, if the kitchens, especially cooked, go up a lot, passes with carrots, beans, zucchini, roasted pepper to me up a barbarity when raw in salad does not, insteadDry fruits do not usually affect blood glucose, but as each organism is often said, it reacts differently.

Alberto_13's profile photo
Alberto_13
06/23/2021 9:38 a.m.

DM3c desde 2018; hb 6 % (feb.. 2022) (tresiba+fiasp+metformina)

Do not drink strawberries !!Very low in carbohydrates.200 gr are just a ration!

And now what comes great fruit, such as nectarines, peaches, Paraguayans, and the best for us: melon and watermelon!Oh, but if they are very low in carbohydrates and have many vitamins.And they hydrate you.

I'm sorry but that kind of diets or way of eating I don't like at all.I don't like many hydrates a day, but vegetables and fruit are vital for me.Not eating fruit does not seem to me a healthy option, unless there is some intolerance, and each one who eats or stops whatever wants.I respect each personal option a lot.

All the best

jldiazdel
06/23/2021 2:25 p.m.

DM1 desde Marzo 2018 (53 años). 7-10 unidades basal: Abasaglar (insulina glargina). NovoRapid. Factor 1.0/1.5.
HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

Back the original theme

@manu42

Have you changed your insulin guidelines and avoid being eating every two hours?

All the best

jldiazdel
06/23/2021 5:16 p.m.

HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

Everyone can think what they want.Carbohydrates are not essential nutrients, they are a fuel.The rest of vitamins and minerals can be obtained from vegetables.We will condemn that we have a problem with carbohydrates and that the lower your consumption, the better we will go, starting from that, articulate the decisions and inform you.
What is healthy for the general public is not for us, I have eaten fruit in tons before being DT1 but I prefer not to take and not be clicking in excess of insulin.
At the health level, just tell you that I have the same or better analytical and tension parameters since I make low car and fast.
Each one must inform and decide, there is a lot of info starting from Dr Berstein and Keith Runyan especially.
Health to all

Alerr's profile photo
Alerr
06/23/2021 10:38 p.m.

Yes, okay,

I just wanted to return to the original theme of this topic

And also health

jldiazdel
06/23/2021 10:53 p.m.

HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.