Help with metformin

PabloZgz's profile photo   08/26/2021 2:01 p.m.

They just diagnosed (the doctor of internal medicine) by a glycosylated hemoglobin 6.5 type 2 diabetes and prescribe metformin 850 mg 1 after breakfast and another after dinner..Sugar levels during the day are around 120 and 170 at 2 hours of meals and freshly raised levels around 144 to 149. When I had them about 170

The problem is that, apart from the diarrhea that already warned me, I've been for three days that I have seen rags with greater activity than me, nausea, dizziness, brutal weakness and I have no appointment still confirmed with the endocrine (I am on the waiting list)

Now are these effects normal? Are they passengers? Under the dose until I speak with endocrine?Give me tips please

PabloZgz's profile photo
PabloZgz
08/26/2021 2:01 p.m.

Agosto peso 95,3 IMC 34,8 HbAc1 6,5

Metformin treatment is usually started the first week with half a pill in the morning and a half at night, precisely so that the body is getting used to, the side effects that you comment are normal, and as they say they are happening, I have beenyears taking metformin and sometimes it gives me nausea and diarrhea.Apart from taking metformin, take care of food, reduce carbohydrates and exercise, even just walk, that will help you lower blood glucose

Alberto_13's profile photo
Alberto_13
08/26/2021 2:11 p.m.

DM3c desde 2018; hb 6 % (feb.. 2022) (tresiba+fiasp+metformina)

Thanks @Alberto_13

I spent a week with average and a half and I got it very well.
I am glad to know that they are normal effects because I was a bit overwhelmed with the subject, I do not feel like moving, dizzy lost, but I am glad to know that they are effects that are passengers

The nausea they give you are like those of the principle of treatment or are they milder?

PabloZgz's profile photo
PabloZgz
08/26/2021 2:17 p.m.

Pablozgz said:
thanks @alberto_13

I spent a week with average and a half and I got it very well.
I am glad to know that they are normal effects because I was a bit overwhelmed with the subject, I do not feel like moving, dizzy lost, but I am glad to know that they are effects that are passengers

The nausea they give you are like those of the principle of treatment or are they milder?

The nusea are milder but diarrhea when it gives me, it gives me and I have to stop taking two other days until I recover

Alberto_13
08/26/2021 2:49 p.m.

@Pablozgz
As Alberto says, the dose goes down a bit (for example, a whole at night, that you go to bed and do not notice the effects and a half in the morning).
The truth is that I did almost nothing (and I take two pills of 1000! And nothing, 49kg).Of course, if I take fat after having taken it (nuts ...) I get bad, it gives me a belly pain and nausea, I have to take fruit salts and then give me diarrhea.
But everyone who takes it says that gives effects to the beginning and then the body gets used to it.Do not overwhelm.

isabelbota's profile photo
isabelbota
08/26/2021 10:52 p.m.

DM 2 con páncreas agotado desde diciembre 2020. 51 años entonces.
HG diciembre 2020: 15.9. Última HG: julio 2024 5.8
Abasaglar 9 unidades. Metformina, 1000/0/1000. Humalog junior: 2 unid en desayuno y luego en función de lo que coma.

As they tell you: Better to go gradually increasing the dose.

It is very important to avoid diarrhea to control what you eat: no fried and reduced hydrates.

The nausea are passing little by little.I always say that you try that of another laboratory if you are not doing very well with any, for example the metformin Kern feels worse than that of other brands ...

anif's profile photo
anif
08/26/2021 11:06 p.m.

DM2 (2019)

Thank you all.I was surprised that some brands can sit better than others, in my case it is Cinfa.

Perhaps the problem is that no breakfast but coffee with milk (capsule that I don't know why it has few carbohydrates) and now with Estevia.It seems to me that I will make the take in food and dinner thanks again to all
@Alberto_13 @isabelbota @anif

PabloZgz's profile photo
PabloZgz
08/26/2021 11:20 p.m.

Pablozgz said:
Thank you all.I was surprised that some brands can sit better than others, in my case it is Cinfa.

Perhaps the problem is that no breakfast but coffee with milk (capsule that I don't know why it has few carbohydrates) and now with Estevia.It seems to me that I will make the take in food and dinner thanks again to all
@Alberto_13 @isabelbota @anif

To send!😋

isabelbota's profile photo
isabelbota
08/26/2021 11:38 p.m.

DM 2 con páncreas agotado desde diciembre 2020. 51 años entonces.
HG diciembre 2020: 15.9. Última HG: julio 2024 5.8
Abasaglar 9 unidades. Metformina, 1000/0/1000. Humalog junior: 2 unid en desayuno y luego en función de lo que coma.

Well, in the end I have taken one after the first bite of the food and another in the same conditions at dinner.And I am no longer a rag.I begin to be a person again.With a stomach a little loose but person.Thanks again

Edit: I have dropped to 127 when I woke up and with metformin and diet 120 after food and 127 after dinner.The thing is going well

PabloZgz's profile photo
PabloZgz
08/28/2021 7:05 p.m.

Pablozgz said:
Well, in the end I have taken a after the first bite of the food and another in the same conditions at dinner.And I am no longer a rag.I begin to be a person again.With a stomach a little loose but person.Thanks again

Edit: I have dropped to 127 when I woke up and with metformin and diet 120 after food and 127 after dinner.The thing is going well

Isn't it very together with taking it after food and after dinner?
It should be breakfast and dinner to take metformin if I am not wrong

vanessa30's profile photo
vanessa30
08/29/2021 6:03 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

If that is what I have scheduled but in the morning I felt fatal I guess why not breakfast

PabloZgz's profile photo
PabloZgz
08/29/2021 6:06 p.m.

@Pablozgz you must have breakfast even if it is protein, but in my opinion, taking it so often is not recommended.
Try breakfast sweet ham with fresh cheese or hard egg .... Let's see if it feels better.
As a general rule, metformin usually gives diarrhea due to hydrates intake

vanessa30
08/29/2021 6:09 p.m.

I don't have time.He lifts me at 5 in the morning.It was not diarrhea: it was that I wanted to die, brutal weakness, nausea and constant dizziness throughout the day.It was changing the pattern and being a person again

PabloZgz's profile photo
PabloZgz
08/29/2021 6:14 p.m.

Pablozgz said:
I don't have time.He lifts me at 5 in the morning.It was not diarrhea: it was that I wanted to die, brutal weakness, nausea and constant dizziness throughout the day.It was changing the guideline and being a person again

I think you should tell your doctor that you don't have breakfast and take those two pills very often.

vanessa30
08/29/2021 6:58 p.m.

@Vanessa30 when there is an endocrine of my mutual in Melilla, I comment.Because if you have read the whole post, I have been diagnosed with internal medicine.I have not yet seen the only endocrine that there is because it is on vacation in September (they do not know what day) I am on the waiting list.This is Melilla and belong to Adeslas instead of social security

PabloZgz's profile photo
PabloZgz
08/29/2021 7:15 p.m.

@Pablozgz.Yes, I have read that the endocrine has not seen you yet.
But when you can go, eat what we are talking about.
I hope that until then you keep finding you well 😉

vanessa30
08/29/2021 7:20 p.m.

@vanessa30 but we are going to make my
Recorded 127 Before food 120 two hours later 120 before dinner 120 2 hours later 131.
For that part it is very good today I have dawned with 111 ---- 123 136
LC

15 days ago dawn between 160 and 170 and 250 2h shots after some meal

Now the part that I do not know, I will never know is that part of the improvement is metformin and that the diet leaves :)

PabloZgz's profile photo
PabloZgz
08/29/2021 7:21 p.m.

Do not worry the metformin that your shots is of prolonged release, you could even take it at once as long as you do not overcome the 3000 mg daily

Alberto_13
08/29/2021 7:49 p.m.

@Alberto_13 What a joy.In that case I will follow the shots quiet.Now to see the endocrine in September if I do not take the appointment with some maneuvers we have

PabloZgz's profile photo
PabloZgz
08/29/2021 8:14 p.m.

Pablozgz said:
@alberto_13 What joy.In that case I will follow the shots quiet.Now to see the endocrine in September if I do not take the appointment with some maneuvers we have

Never forget what is the doctor who knows the best

vanessa30
08/29/2021 8:40 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.