Help with metformin

PabloZgz's profile photo   08/26/2021 2:01 p.m.

Pablozgz said:
@alberto_13 What joy.In that case I will follow the shots quiet.Now to see the endocrine in September if I do not take the appointment with some maneuvers we have

Exactly consult it with the endocrine, but in my case I can not take it at breakfast, I have some terrible diarrhea, I am taking it only at night, if it feels good it continues to take food and dinner, with food the side effects are lower orThey get to suppress each other

Alberto_13's profile photo
Alberto_13
08/29/2021 9:07 p.m.

DM3c desde 2018; hb 6 % (feb.. 2022) (tresiba+fiasp+metformina)

vanessa30 said:
Pablozgz said:
@alberto_13 What joy.In that case I will follow the shots quiet.Now to see the endocrine in September if I do not take the appointment with some maneuvers we have

Never forget what is the doctor who knows the best

@Pablozgz

Well, my doctor says that patients are the best doctors ... We are the ones who notice the effects, not them.
I also think that nothing happens to take food and dinner.One of the functions of metformin is to prevent part of the hydrates from moving to the bloodstream, so little sense makes it take it without eating.And especially if when taking it at breakfast Paul was not a person ... Well, that must be avoided.
Distributing the dose of metformin, as Alberto says is mostly to reduce the effects.
Paul, eat the issue when you go to the endocrine, but if you avoid side effects and good results, I would continue.

isabelbota's profile photo
isabelbota
08/29/2021 11:01 p.m.

DM 2 con páncreas agotado desde diciembre 2020. 51 años entonces.
HG diciembre 2020: 15.9. Última HG: julio 2024 5.8
Abasaglar 9 unidades. Metformina, 1000/0/1000. Humalog junior: 2 unid en desayuno y luego en función de lo que coma.

Today I changed a tad the guideline.Under the criteria that we say metformin (it is a catch carbon) I have taken it half an hour before starting to eat.Bad decision I am a rag, I am wrong, my head hurts, I am not even going to dinner (I have it well 128).I will take a natural Greek yogurt to spend the medication and tomorrow will be another day.I will return to my first bite is what it touches and the pastillota.

Thank you all for everyone for the support for I am far from my family and this takes me without any experience

PabloZgz's profile photo
PabloZgz
08/30/2021 8:38 p.m.

Agosto peso 95,3 IMC 34,8 HbAc1 6,5

I have spent a lot of belly discomfort.Now that I temporarily removed it even one morning I wake up bad lately, someday but little.You right now take it as less discomfort.If you don't usually have breakfast in the morning, take something and take it then, with a yogurt or whatever.To me is that yogurt is what most sits my stomach and the only thing that enters when my belly hurts.

Nila's profile photo
Nila
08/30/2021 8:40 p.m.

Diabetes desde 03/15
Lantus
MODY 3
HG octubre 2021: 5,7; junio 2021: 6,5; 2020: 6,7; 2019: 6,7. 2018: 6,4

Pablozgz said:
Today I changed a tad the pattern.Under the criteria that we say metformin (it is a catch carbon) I have taken it half an hour before starting to eat.Bad decision I am a rag, I am wrong, my head hurts, I am not even going to dinner (I have it well 128).I will take a natural Greek yogurt to spend the medication and tomorrow will be another day.I will return to my first bite is what it touches and the pastillota.

It really thanks to everyone for the support for that I am far from my family and this takes me without any experience

Is that with an empty stomach ... it's a bomb!

isabelbota
08/30/2021 9:01 p.m.

Abasaglar 9 unidades. Metformina, 1000/0/1000. Humalog junior: 2 unid en desayuno y luego en función de lo que coma.

Yes @pablozgz, always take it after eating, not before.

About taking it at noon and at night there is no problem ... You see you, there are people who take 3 pills a day ...

I couldn't live without breakfast, I don't know how you do some hahaha

anif's profile photo
anif
09/01/2021 9:45 a.m.

DM2 (2019)

Why I get up at 5, I have to take and feed the dogs and start to the work.The truth is that many years and I'm not hungry, but I prefer to sleep 10 minutes than breakfast.Today I have had breakfast just to see how metformin feels me if breakfast ... later I comment

PabloZgz's profile photo
PabloZgz
09/01/2021 9:58 a.m.

Pablozgz said:
I just diagnosed (the doctor of internal medicine) by a glycosylated hemoglobin of 6.5 type 2 diabetes. And prescribe metformin 850 mg 1 after breakfast and another after thedinner..Sugar levels during the day are around 120 and 170 at 2 hours of meals and freshly raised levels around 144 to 149. When I had them about 170

The problem is that, apart from the diarrhea that already warned me, I've been for three days that I have seen rags with greater activity than me, nausea, dizziness, brutal weakness and I have no appointment still confirmed with the endocrine (I am on the waiting list)

Now are these effects normal? Are they passengers? Under the dose until I speak with endocrine?Give me tips please

I started the same as you, they sent me the metformin (generic) and seeing that over time the side effects were not going (especially diarrhea after eating) I changed my pill for Dianben.It is still metformin, but I don't know if it was for the laboratory or what was the reason, but with this I carry 10 years and without any side effect.

Much encouragement!

Goizalde's profile photo
Goizalde
09/01/2021 2:09 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

If you get up so early, do not have breakfast but if you have a break over 10 or so, breakfast and take the pill later, your thing is after the.Desayuno. And after dinner, if not controlled, three can be taken, one after each meal but there is not much demonstration of one more a day to improve the control.Another option is that if it did not happen to you, you stay with average after breakfast and dinner and be stricter in hydrates, that you make a low diet in hydrates and exercise them and see results.And the last thing that occurs to me is to change to another type of medication, that there are, there are people who are continuous diarrhea that is impossible, it can be changed to medication that has metformin and sitegliptin, which is better tolerated, or only, onlySitagliptin.There are also pioglitazonas ... Anyway, there are other options if you don't tolerate metformin.Luck.

meginer's profile photo
meginer
09/03/2021 12:15 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

For all those who have advised me ... I keep reading what happens is that I am giving very good results and that is why I do not write, but I do not forget you

I always get up between 110 and 120 and I only arrived at 170 on mango day, I continue with the diet of course and with metformin

PabloZgz's profile photo
PabloZgz
09/08/2021 2:30 p.m.

Very good Paul.That is a good sign.Glad to hear it.

isabelbota
09/08/2021 10:06 p.m.

Well, I'm still without writing to you because the levels are getting better and the last few days

Before yesterday 111 - 2 hours food 96 - 2 hours dinner 102
Yesterday 106 101 115
Today 98 100 117

It has been a change of once to another the levels were normalized and there I am with my diet and my metformin that every time I tolerate it better.In fact I make the appropriate shots

But I still thank you for all the information you have provided to me

PabloZgz's profile photo
PabloZgz
09/10/2021 10:59 p.m.

I'm glad a lot, congratulations !!

Alberto_13
09/10/2021 11:12 p.m.

alberto_13 said:
I'm glad a lot, congratulations !!

@Pablozgz
Me too!

isabelbota
09/11/2021 5:55 p.m.

Well, the best forecasts have been fulfilled.

Hemoglobin A1 C: 5.4.At the moment I continue with the metformin (which no longer feels bad) waiting for what the endocrine tells me on the 19th that I have an appointment.If it is for my part I will continue to take it because it helps me with weight loss, of appetite and the liver values ​​that I had more and higher for 4 years that I left alcohol and drugs, they have also left perfect.Just a little under bad cholesterol levels.

Thanks to all those who have advised me on this subject but it seems that at the moment I do not need more advice

PabloZgz's profile photo
PabloZgz
10/28/2021 7:13 a.m.

Congratulations!!!And take care of yourself

Alberto_13
10/28/2021 9:27 a.m.

Pablozgz said:
well because the best forecasts have been fulfilled.

Hemoglobin A1 C: 5.4.At the moment I continue with the metformin (which no longer feels bad) waiting for what the endocrine tells me on the 19th that I have an appointment.If it is for my part I will continue to take it because it helps me with weight loss, of appetite and the liver values ​​that I had more and higher for 4 years that I left alcohol and drugs, they have also left perfect.Just a little under bad cholesterol levels.

Thanks to all those who have advised me on this subject but it seems that at the moment I do not need more advice

I am very happy.To continue like this!

isabelbota
10/28/2021 9:38 a.m.

Pablozgz said:
well because the best forecasts have been fulfilled.

What good news, congratulations.

matrix's profile photo
matrix
10/31/2021 2:24 p.m.

Desde México. DB2. Metformina c/ 12hrs. No insulina. HCG22/02/21: 9.0. HCG 18/04/21: 7.4

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.