Fast insulin suspension

adrianasanz's profile photo   08/31/2021 2:05 p.m.

Hello good.I have a concern, since I have been suspended the dose of 2 units of fast insulin at breakfast and dinner, and I have only stayed with the slow.I am type 1 diabetics. With the dose of 2 units at two hours at breakfast and food the results were 113 and 92 respectively.The question I have in how much will impact that suspension.all the best

adrianasanz's profile photo
adrianasanz
08/31/2021 2:05 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

If you have those results with 2 units, I don't know why they tell you not to wear since you are well controlled with those units.
What can impact you?Well, eating the same glucose levels 2 hours later rise.

Anaisabel's profile photo
Anaisabel
08/31/2021 2:08 p.m.

anaisabel said:
If you have those results with 2 units I don't know why you don't put yourself since you are well controlled with those units.
What can impact you?Well, eating the same glucose levels 2 hours later they rise.

And they also lowered the basal, since in fasting the results were about 77. I agree with you.My personal opinion would be to lower the basal (very good) and keep the two fast insulin units, thanks

adrianasanz
08/31/2021 2:16 p.m.

And what results do you have after food intake, now without fast?

vanessa30's profile photo
vanessa30
08/31/2021 4:53 p.m.

vanessa30 said:
and what results do you have after food intake, now without fast?

They guided me today, tomorrow is when I will make me the ferfil.Although I am not very convinced to eliminate my fast.I will value how much I wake up with the reduction of slow to 12u.

adrianasanz
08/31/2021 5:28 p.m.

adrianasanz said:
vanessa30 said:

They guided me today, tomorrow is when I will make me the ferfil.Although I am not very convinced to eliminate my fast.I will value how much I wake up with the reduction of slow to 12u.

You will count

vanessa30
08/31/2021 5:54 p.m.

vanessa30 said:
adrianasanz said:
vanessa30 said:
vanessa30 said:
and what results do you have after food intake,now without fast?

You will already count

I feared it, without fast insulin 196 after breakfast and 140 after food.I will resume it again.It is very difficult for a type 1 diabetic not to carry fast insulin by minimal.
A fast I had 60 and before eating 70. The one that would carry a slow decrease.

all the best

adrianasanz
09/01/2021 2:55 p.m.

adrianasanz said:
vanessa30 said:
adrianasanz said:
adrianasanz said:
vanessa30 said:
vanessa30 said:
vanessa30 said:
vanessa30 said:
And what results do you have after food intake, now without fast?

You will already count

I feared it, without fast insulin 196 after breakfast and 140 after food.I will resume it again.It is very difficult for a type 1 diabetic not to carry fast insulin by minimal.

GREETING

And 2h after dinner?You say that you have risen to 60, which indicates that you should not be after dinner digestion.
You also say Q 70 before half -day food, there I see that it is fine and therefore maybe if you get fast at breakfast, you arrive with hypoglycemia to food.
Before putting quickly again, wait to see with the basal alone (even if it is a couple of days).
Think that if you are on honeymoon, maybe little but you still have insulin reserve

vanessa30
09/01/2021 4:22 p.m.

I want to think that your doctor has removed the quick for this reason.

vanessa30
09/01/2021 4:23 p.m.

vanessa30 said:
adrianasanz said:
vanessa30 said:
vanessa30 said:
vanessa30 said:
vanessa30 said:
vanessa30 said:
vanessa30 said:

You will already count

GREETING

And 2h after dinner?You say that you have risen to 60, which indicates that you should not be after dinner digestion.
You also say Q 70 before half -day food, there I see that it is fine and therefore maybe if you get fast at breakfast, you arrive with hypoglycemia to food.
Before putting quickly again, wait to see with the basal alone (even if it is a couple of days).
Think that if you are on honeymoon, perhaps little but you still have insulin reserve

At dinner I do not get fast, only basal at 20: 00horas and I go to the 80s. I will follow your advice, although the value of 196 after breakfast without insulin, I do not like the truth much.Thank you very much

adrianasanz
09/01/2021 4:36 p.m.

adrianasanz said:
vanessa30 said:
adrianasanz said:
adrianasanz said:
vanessa30 said:
vanessa30 said:
vanessa30 said:
vanessa30 said:
adrianasanz said:
adrianasanz said:
adrianasanz said:
adrianasanz said:
adrianasanz said:
adrianasanz said:
adrianasanz said:
adrianasanz said:
vanessa30 said:
vanessa30 said:
vanessa30 said:
vanessa30 said:
vanessa30 said:
vanessa30 said:
vanessa30 said:
vanessa30 said:
vanessa30 said:
vanessa30 said:
vanessa30 said:
vanessa30 said:
vanessa30 said:
vanessa30 said:
vanessa30 said:
vanessa30 said:

You will already count

GREETING

Think that if you are on honeymoon, perhaps little but you still have insulin reserve

At dinner I do not get fast, only basal at 20: 00horas and I go to the 80s. I will follow your advice, although the value of 196 after breakfast without insulin, I do not like the truth much.Thank you very muchssss

PQ test I still have to have a reservation 😉.
You are welcome

vanessa30
09/01/2021 5:01 p.m.

Ah and if you are 80 before bed, it is very fair;You can do hypoglycemia at night.
Do what told me, what was the Resopon, a natural yogurt without sugar or anything.
Or see you looking at you during the night, paint the alarm clock several times.
I know that you wear the sensor, but for example I was giving me down that I did not have, I don't know if the one you wear is reliable.

vanessa30
09/01/2021 5:05 p.m.

The truth is that I have no sensor, and I control myself with a glucometer.He debuts two months ago and they have not yet sent me to the endocrine. At the time of the gym I take an ounce of chocolate without sugar every 15 minutes and still ended over the 60 glucose.

adrianasanz
09/01/2021 5:44 p.m.

Well, do not be just as fair.
Do what I tell you, commit 1 natural or even medium yogurt and tests.
Put the alarm clock even if it is 2 times at night and so you see the changes that the body is making.
Be careful with descents sleeping

vanessa30
09/01/2021 5:46 p.m.

Adrianasanz said:
The truth is that I have no sensor, and I control myself with a glucometer.He debuts two months ago and they have not yet sent me to the endocrine. At the time of the gym I take an ounce of chocolate without sugar every 15 minutes and still ended over the 60 glucose.

Is that sugarless chocolate is slow action.To get on the gym you have to take something fast, some juice, a caramel ...
Chocolate that will take effect hours later.

isabelbota's profile photo
isabelbota
09/01/2021 9:40 p.m.

DM 2 con páncreas agotado desde diciembre 2020. 51 años entonces.
HG diciembre 2020: 15.9. Última HG: julio 2024 5.8
Abasaglar 9 unidades. Metformina, 1000/0/1000. Humalog junior: 2 unid en desayuno y luego en función de lo que coma.

Isabelbota said:
adrianasanz said:

Is that sugarless chocolate is slow action.To get on the gym you have to take something fast, some juice, a caramel ...
Chocolate will have effect hours later.

Thank you very muchIt is that I am new in this.I'm learning something every day.ALL THE BEST

adrianasanz
09/02/2021 1:27 p.m.

@adrianasanz It is normal for you to suspend insulin for the moment.You still have pancreatic reserve, it is what measures the C. peptide
I debuted like you, at 42 and the first year I only stayed slowly.In the second year I began to put 1 units at each meal and so little by little.Now I hardly use because I am on protein diet and I only get slow and few units.

When I left the hospital, 10 units of slow and fast only 1 una were prescribed if before each meal I was above 160 mg/dl, 2 units if it was above 180mg/dl, etc.They put a reference table.I ended up without fast the first year, as I commented, and I had to go down to 6-8 units.

If you use Lantus or Levemir as slow, you will have hypoglycemia problems if you go to bed with 80 mg/dl, if you use toujeo or threeiba, they are more flat, they do not peak but you will also go fair to dawn.

Important that you use a carbohydrate table and its glycemic index (= blood absorption speed);I use this:
Link
I.G.Red are the fast ones, we are not going well because insulin is slower in its action.

This is proof and error, and doctors do the same with us.We are doing well one thing or another.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
09/02/2021 3:44 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

ruthbia said:
@adriansanz It is normal for you to suspend insulin for the moment.You still have pancreatic reserve, it is what measures the C. peptide
I debuted like you, at 42 and the first year I only stayed slowly.In the second year I began to put 1 units at each meal and so little by little.Now I hardly use because I am on protein diet and I only get slow and few units.

When I left the hospital, 10 units of slow and fast only 1 una were prescribed if before each meal I was above 160 mg/dl, 2 units if it was above 180mg/dl, etc.They put a reference table.I ended up without fast the first year, as I commented, and I had to go down to 6-8 units.

If you use Lantus or Levemir as slow, you will have hypoglycemia problems if you go to bed with 80 mg/dl, if you use toujeo or threeiba, they are more flat, they do not peak but you will also go fair to dawn.

Important that you use a carbohydrate table and its glycemic index (= blood absorption speed);I use this:
Link
I.G.Red are the fast ones, we are not going well because insulin is slower in its action.

This is proof and error, and doctors do the same with us.We are doing well one thing or another.

Thank you very much, all information is appreciated a lot.I debut two months ago with 300 glucose in a fast and on the current date I have had to reduce insulin by 60%.Now I get slow 12u and nothing fast. (Because they took it away) the family doctor tells me that until this stable does not refer me to an endocrine.Hypoglycemia are mostly when I exercise and they are around 55. I go on vacation this week and eat outside, so I am considering putting 1u quickly at breakfast and food in those days.and take the two profiles to the doctor, (without fast insulin and three days with a 1U of the cow).Thank you very much

adrianasanz
09/02/2021 4:09 p.m.

Do not get fast for breakfast or eat if you are not above 160 mg/dl before ingesting food, on vacation one moves a lot and will give you hypoglycemia between meals.

The profiles that you propose do not work much because our body works not only because of the intake, stress, movement, anxiety, menstruation ...
To make two profiles you need long periods of time, with the same food and exercise guidelines.In a week you will not get enough data to make decisions.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
09/02/2021 5:22 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

ruthbia said:
do not get fast for breakfast or eat if you are not above 160 mg/dl before ingesting food, on vacation one moves a lot and will give you hypoglycemia between meals.

The profiles that you propose do not work much because our body works not only because of the intake, stress, movement, anxiety, menstruation ...
To make two profiles you need long periods of time, with the same food and exercise guidelines.In a week you will not get enough data to make decisions.

And I won't get up much?

adrianasanz
09/02/2021 5:41 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.