Fast insulin suspension

adrianasanz's profile photo   08/31/2021 2:05 p.m.

@adrianasanz proves not to put the insulin as they have told you, if at 2/3 hours you are above 180mg/dl, put 1 use of correction to go down.Think that it can always be corrected a posteriori.

If for 3 days in a row you need the unit for breakfast (especially because at breakfast is when we have more resistance), then you will need that unit prior to breakfast.The same for the rest of the meals, but I think you will not need little that you are active.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
09/03/2021 8:35 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

ruthbia said:
@adrianas proves not to put the insulin as they have told you, if at 2/3 hours you are above 180mg/dl, put 1 use of correction to lower.Think that it can always be corrected a posteriori.

If for 3 days in a row you need the unit for breakfast (especially because at breakfast is when we have more resistance), then you will need that unit prior to breakfast.The same for the rest of the meals, but I think it will not be needed that you are active.

thank you so much.According to your recommendations I have done very well, before breakfast I have 85 and after two hours 200, but when they pass 45 minutes to approximately 110.So I shouldn't worry.before eating with 82 and two hours later 130. All this without rapid insulin.Thank you very muchssss

adrianasanz's profile photo
adrianasanz
09/03/2021 1:41 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Great @adrianasanz !!!!
Enjoy the holidays

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
09/03/2021 9:54 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

ruthbia said:
@adriansanz It is normal for you to suspend insulin for the moment.You still have pancreatic reserve, it is what measures the C. peptide
I debuted like you, at 42 and the first year I only stayed slowly.In the second year I began to put 1 units at each meal and so little by little.Now I hardly use because I am on protein diet and I only get slow and few units.

When I left the hospital, 10 units of slow and fast only 1 una were prescribed if before each meal I was above 160 mg/dl, 2 units if it was above 180mg/dl, etc.They put a reference table.I ended up without fast the first year, as I commented, and I had to go down to 6-8 units.

If you use Lantus or Levemir as slow, you will have hypoglycemia problems if you go to bed with 80 mg/dl, if you use toujeo or threeiba, they are more flat, they do not peak but you will also go fair to dawn.

Important that you use a carbohydrate table and its glycemic index (= blood absorption speed);I use this:
Link
I.G.Red are the fast ones, we are not going well because insulin is slower in its action.

This is proof and error, and doctors do the same with us.We are doing well one thing or another.

I is that seeing this table of glycemic indices ...
It would not be ideal, according to the tables, before a hypo take a beer with fried potatoes?
With those Ig that they have we would be recovered in a peak ... 😂😂😂

isabelbota's profile photo
isabelbota
09/09/2021 6:34 p.m.

DM 2 con páncreas agotado desde diciembre 2020. 51 años entonces.
HG diciembre 2020: 15.9. Última HG: julio 2024 5.8
Abasaglar 9 unidades. Metformina, 1000/0/1000. Humalog junior: 2 unid en desayuno y luego en función de lo que coma.

Alcohol, even a beer, with hypoglycemia, decreases blood sugar levels.
The problem would still be more aggravated
A hypoglycemia would never be fixed with a beer although fried potatoes are ate.

vanessa30's profile photo
vanessa30
09/09/2021 6:48 p.m.

vanessa30 said:
alcohol, even if it is a beer, with hypoglycemia, decreases blood sugar levels.
A hypoglycemia would never be fixed with a beer even though fried potatoes are ate.

Totally agree.But if it were a beer without alcohol, 0.0, with that IG ... must climb faster than glucose ....

isabelbota
09/09/2021 6:51 p.m.

Abasaglar 9 unidades. Metformina, 1000/0/1000. Humalog junior: 2 unid en desayuno y luego en función de lo que coma.

Isabelbota said:
vanessa30 said:
A hypoglycemia would never be fixed with a beer even though fried potatoes are ate.

Totally agree.But if it were a beer without alcohol, 0.0, with that IG ... must climb faster than glucose ...

Giving these ideas, you confuse people who have been with diabetes for a short time and can lead to a correction of erroneous hypoglycemia

vanessa30's profile photo
vanessa30
09/09/2021 7:20 p.m.

Isabelbota said:
vanessa30 said:

Totally agree.But if it were a beer without alcohol, 0.0, with that IG ... must climb faster than glucose ...

Correct, I at noon when I do not arrive, I drink nuts with a without. And what Vanesa says is right a beer with alcohol is a trap, the HC first goes up but then the alcohol

Alberto_13's profile photo
Alberto_13
09/09/2021 8:23 p.m.

DM3c desde 2018; hb 6 % (feb.. 2022) (tresiba+fiasp+metformina)

@Ruthbia then if you can make a meal without putting insulin?I have not tried to do that yet.

dt1Cdm's profile photo
dt1Cdm
09/09/2021 10:55 p.m.

alberto_13 said:
isabelbota said:
vanessa30 said:
vanessa30 said:
alcohol, even if it is a beer, with hypoglycemiaDecrease blood sugar levels.

Correct, I at noon when I do not arrive, I take some nuts with a without. And what Vanesa says is right a beer with alcohol is a trap, the HC first goes up but then the alcohol is lowered

Already, already, if the alcohol I do not doubt it, I know perfectly, it was rather joking, but you confirm that a "without" can help you to raise blood glucose, you use it 😋
Let's see, it is very striking that an alcohol without alcohol has a higher glycemic index than glucose, sincerely.

isabelbota
09/10/2021 12:19 a.m.

Well, dt1cdm depends on what type of diabetes you have and if you are still on honeymoon.@adrianasanz has just debuted in Lada and still has a pancreatic reserve, that is, its body still produces insulin with what if it becomes fast insulin hypoglycemia occurs.If a controlled hydrates diet and regular exercise are followed, the honeymoon can last a lot of time.I was almost two years of honeymoon.The first year did not put insulin to eat, only basal and little amount;the second only 1 ud and according to the value that departed;There were nothing days.

Now I carry a protein diet and low in fat, and I don't wear a fast insulin, except for breakfast and not every day, depending on the value you start.Only basal and 10 units, like when I debuted 6 years ago.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
09/10/2021 8:25 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

@isabelbota I just drink beer if I have hypoglycemia, a short.And it goes up very quickly.In 6 years I think I have taken 3 in total.And since it has little alcohol I do not give me hypoglycemia.

In theory, (then each one goes as it goes) alcohol intake produces hypoglycemia because the body begins to eliminate it and accumulate fats, proteins and hydrates in the reserve for later, when it has eliminated alcohol to start its metabolism (Hence drinking fattens, and a lot), so exogenous insulin follows its rhythm and since there is not enough blood blood glucose, it derives in hypoglycemia.

A beer with a lid is difficult for hypoglycemia because the degree of alcohol is low and "usually gives time" to the body starting to produce blood glucose for exogenous insulin.If one starts drinking and drinking .... will depend on each body and what it costs to manage alcohol.

For a hiccup the best is pure hydrate: 15 grams of sugar, glucose gel, sugary drinks without alcohol, ....

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
09/10/2021 8:38 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

I really take advantage of my German Dunkel beer that I love only when I see that I am a bit low, but not for hypoglycemia.For that the best is a juice or glucose pill.
Beer just to recover glycemia a little up.
But the truth is that I love it!…Beer :)

jldiazdel's profile photo
jldiazdel
09/10/2021 5:02 p.m.

DM1 desde Marzo 2018 (53 años). 7-10 unidades basal: Abasaglar (insulina glargina). NovoRapid. Factor 1.0/1.5.
Vivo en Alemania. CarboH total dia 70-80 gr. Deporte Gym todos dias L-V 1h-2 h
HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.