Indications of prediabetes?

Tgirl's profile photo   08/09/2021 1:03 p.m.

Hello, I'm Ana and I need to tell you my concern:

My partner measures 1.78 and weighs 90kg 35 years.We have tried to improve our diet, however I have been with a glucometer for several months and always get out of 100 fasting sugar:
130 - 111 - 127 - 114 - 106 ... values ​​like this, a few days gives 127 other days has reached 106.

Today for example: on an empty stomach 107 (with on call plus glucometer)
After taking a decaffeinated with milk without lactose and skimmed, nothing more, at two hours I had it in 101

Is it likely to be in the prediabetes stage?He has already asked for a doctor to comment but frankly, until they do not see him above 140 I guess they will not give importance.

And we don't know what exams to ask for a good study and not just "measure glucose" had read in this forum to ask for the insulin exam but I don't know what it is called ...

Thanks for reading me and your answers.

Tgirl's profile photo
Tgirl
08/09/2021 1:03 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hello.Don't worry.What the doctor should ask for is an blood test with glycosilada, which is the average glucose in the last three months, and there you see how the subject is going.
Punctual values ​​do not serve to diagnose.If there are prediabetes they will already tell you and may be controlled with simple diet and exercise.Or there may not be.The important thing is that you are in it.Many people do not control the issue late and there can be problems.
Quiet, and tell us what the doctor tells you.

isabelbota's profile photo
isabelbota
08/09/2021 1:51 p.m.

DM 2 con páncreas agotado desde diciembre 2020. 51 años entonces.
HG diciembre 2020: 15.9. Última HG: julio 2024 5.8
Abasaglar 9 unidades. Metformina, 1000/0/1000. Humalog junior: 2 unid en desayuno y luego en función de lo que coma.

The glucometer are not accurate, so it is best to make a normal blood analysis and the doctor will already assess the results and know if you have to do more tests.

Anaisabel's profile photo
Anaisabel
08/09/2021 2:06 p.m.

The best a blood analytical and see the value of glycosilada, but with those correct values ​​it doesn't seem like any diabetes.A prediabetic exceeds 140mg/dl on an empty stomach and after each meal.

By the way, lactose without milk is dissolved in milk sugars and rises a lot in case of diabetes at 20 min of having drunk it.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
08/11/2021 8:55 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

ruthbia said:
The best blood analytics and see the value of glycosilada, but with those correct values ​​it doesn't look like any diabetes.A prediabetic exceeds 140mg/dl on an empty stomach and after each meal.

"A prediabetic exceeds 140mg/dl on an empty stomach"

I think it's wrong.140 A fast is diabetes yes or yes.

Prediabetic in fasting normally has 100 to 124 glucose.After 125 it is considered diabetes.However, additional studies and a doctor's review would be missing.

matrix's profile photo
matrix
08/14/2021 6:52 p.m.

Desde México. DB2. Metformina c/ 12hrs. No insulina. HCG22/02/21: 9.0. HCG 18/04/21: 7.4

tgirl said:
Hello, I'm ana and I need to tell you my concern:

My partner measures 1.78 and weighs 90kg 35 years.We have tried to improve our diet, however I have been with a glucometer for several months and always get out of 100 fasting sugar:
130 - 111 - 127 - 114 - 106 ... values ​​like this, a few days gives 127 other days has reached 106.

Today for example: on an empty stomach 107 (with on call plus glucometer)
After taking a decaffeinated with milk without lactose and skimmed, nothing more, at two hours I had it in 101

Is it likely to be in the prediabetes stage?He has already asked for a doctor to comment but frankly, until they do not see him above 140 I guess they will not give importance.

And we don't know what exams to ask for a good study and not just "measure glucose" had read in this forum to ask for the insulin exam but I don't know what it is called ...

Thanks for reading me and your answers.

They are prediabetes figures (fasting 105 to 124), I still think it is on a correction time to avoid falling into diabetes.What should be done:
a) A glucosylated exam.Here you can see the average glucose of the last 3 months.
b) Appointment with Doctor.They may send metformin, a low dose, to improve those glucose values ​​in the mornings

Ideal would be to make a blood chemistry, blood hyometry and ego too, here you can review uric acid, triglyceride, cholesterol etc. To see other possible related variations because sometimes there is insulin resistance and lipid problems.

But because of the figures that you share and the weight, I think they are perfect in time to correct.Do not leave it.

Always exercise, even if you walk, it will help you a lot, daily, or 4 times a week.

Diet: Download carbos, eating vegetables, fiber, etc.

greetings

matrix's profile photo
matrix
08/14/2021 6:56 p.m.

Desde México. DB2. Metformina c/ 12hrs. No insulina. HCG22/02/21: 9.0. HCG 18/04/21: 7.4

The corners can have up to 15%error, in so tight figures do not serve to make diagnoses.
A medical analytics is what the diagnosis can do and put treatment, if needed.
Greetings.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
08/14/2021 10:39 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

regina said:
The corners can have up to 15%error, in so tight figures do not serve to make diagnoses.
A medical analytics is what the diagnosis can do and put treatment, if needed.
Greetings.

It is correct, the glucometers are not exact, but if you have on an outstanding results of 110 to 127, it is time for a laboratory study and a visit to the doctor.It doesn't hurt.

matrix's profile photo
matrix
08/14/2021 11:27 p.m.

That mistake that they say have 15% glucometers is that if I marked for example 100 I can have 115 or 85 I ask ... Thank you

banastero's profile photo
banastero
08/17/2021 8:25 p.m.

banasteo said:
that error that they say they have 15% gluucetries is that if it marks for example 100 I can have 115 or 85 I ask ... Thank you

It also depends on the model, I have had quite exact with tolerance of +/- 5%

matrix's profile photo
matrix
08/17/2021 9:03 p.m.

banasteo said:
that error that they say they have 15% gluucetries is that if it marks for example 100 I can have 115 or 85 I ask ... Thank you

Mine marks 15 or 20 % of less with respect to blood glycemia

Alberto_13's profile photo
Alberto_13
08/17/2021 9:24 p.m.

DM3c desde 2018; hb 6 % (feb.. 2022) (tresiba+fiasp+metformina)

@matrix 132mg/dl on an empty stomach is my boy according to the day and is not diabetic.Dinner and digestion influence.

When I debuted they told me that diabetes was whether there was a peak of more than 160 mg/dl, because healthy people also have specific peaks.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
08/18/2021 1:22 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

ruthbia said:
@matrix 132mg/dl on an empty stomach is my boy according to the day and is not diabetic.Dinner and digestion influence.

When I debuted they told me that diabetes was whether there was a peak of more than 160 mg/dl, because healthy people also have specific peaks.

Normally endocrine and cardiologists establish diabetes how much it goes up 2 hours after food is very high or when there are more than 126 mg/dl.

Of course, doctors to give the definitive diagnosis of diabetes need to do other studies, including glycosylated and others.

In the graph that I share can be seen when doctors estimate there are no diabetes, when there are prediabetes and when diabetes are considered.

matrix's profile photo
matrix
08/18/2021 6:50 p.m.

To me with two analytics above 126 they were already going to put insulin, but good blood analytics, of course

Nila's profile photo
Nila
08/18/2021 7:37 p.m.

Diabetes desde 03/15
Lantus
MODY 3
HG octubre 2021: 5,7; junio 2021: 6,5; 2020: 6,7; 2019: 6,7. 2018: 6,4

Yesterday my endo told me that a healthy person can reach 200mg/dl for a while at a meal.

But it's like everything, my SS endo has put a threshold of 80-130 and other people are 80-180;There are "trends"

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
08/19/2021 8:54 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

matrix said:

Ideal would be to make a blood chemistry, blood hyometry and ego too, here you can review uric acid, triglyceride, cholesterol etc. To see other possible related variations because sometimes there is insulin resistance and lipid problems.

But because of the figures that you share and the weight, I think they are perfect in time to correct.Do not leave it.

I already have the results friends;

Glycosylated HB (HB1A1C) -} 5.8
Glycosylated HB.-} 40.0
Triglycerides -} 254
HDL cholesterol -} 37.0
LDL cholesterol -} 157.0

I mean that our suspicions are successful, it is with prediabetes, the doctor said he was in the line.

In the analysis it says:
Glycosylated HB (HB1A1C)
-Prediabetes 5.7 to 6.4
-Diabetes from 6.5

To top it off comes under vitamin D and hate the sun: neutral:

And how personal recommendation, we measure glucose at home with the one call plus II glucometer before analytics and the results that morning were:

At home with that glucometer: 104
In hospital he left in 105

Which means that the other glucometer (Glucomen Areo 2K) gives super high results and this is more accurate.

I also did analytical and glucose results only varies from one to two points.

Thanks to all those who have commented, to say that it is super important to be alert before it is too late.Of course, my partner continues to believe that "it is normal

Tgirl's profile photo
Tgirl
08/19/2021 12:45 p.m.

I think it is normal and the vitamin D happens to us all, diabetics or not;Almost nobody has it well.
Of the head doctors I did little, the truth, there are very, very passage and other very extremists.
My mother was told that I had diabetes with 125mg/dl on an empty stomach, with a kidney colic box after a day and a half without eating, and it was not true.I measured him for a month all glycemia and not at all.Then the doctor rectified.

A healthy diet is recommended for everyone, if you abuse you can end in diabetes 2 per wear of the pancreas, but he and anyone.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
08/19/2021 1:25 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

For vitamin D if it is low to the best they put a supplement, but sunbathing either does it either do a lot, the doctor told me to exercise, especially weights and the endocrine sent me 4 Daissed dairy products per day.Or they have not even told me and now in summer if you go with short sleeve and short pants, let's say that you take the sun enough if you go down the street and give you.It is not necessary to stand on the terrace or on a beach two hours.And in winter he lowers a lot of people.I have it quite low, 7. And it has put me treatment for 10 months, a pill per month, but nothing more, others with less put stronger treatments or more quantity.In October I will do another analytical and I do not know if they will have asked me, to see how I am

Nila's profile photo
Nila
08/19/2021 3:31 p.m.

Diabetes desde 03/15
Lantus
MODY 3
HG octubre 2021: 5,7; junio 2021: 6,5; 2020: 6,7; 2019: 6,7. 2018: 6,4

I think that for the body to produce vitamin D it has to be certain hours of the day and according to the angle of incidence of the sun, so the northern countries take supplements, and we are all day in the sun we thought we were supervitaminated and it resultsThat now that they begin to make ourselves analytical, we are much deficit in this vitamin, which by the way scientists are doubting whether it is not a hormone

Alberto_13's profile photo
Alberto_13
08/19/2021 4:01 p.m.

DM3c desde 2018; hb 6 % (feb.. 2022) (tresiba+fiasp+metformina)

ruthbia said:
I think it is normal and the vitamin D happens to us all, diabetics or not;Almost nobody has it well.
Of the head doctors I did little, the truth, there are very, very passage and other very extremists.
My mother was told that I had diabetes with 125mg/dl on an empty stomach, with a kidney colic box after a day and a half without eating, and it was not true.I measured him for a month all glycemia and not at all.Then the doctor rectified.

A healthy diet is recommended for everyone, if you abuse you can end in diabetes 2 per wear of the pancreas, but he and anyone.

It is true, a single result of 125 is not a diagnosis of diabetes, other studies are needed for an official diagnosis.

matrix's profile photo
matrix
08/19/2021 6:56 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.