PEPTID TEST

loli23's profile photo   11/16/2021 10:53 p.m.

Hello, I have finally gone to the endroquin and made me since I was there blood analysis of the insulin and Pepito C antibody, but my question is, is it necessary to fast for the test, Pepito C?Since I didn't know they were going to do the analysis at that time and clear had breakfast ....

loli23's profile photo
loli23
11/16/2021 10:53 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

@ loli23, I think there is no need for fasting for the C peptide, how funny the Pepito, hahaa.
That test is done to see the insulin reserve and diagnose the type of diabetes.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
11/17/2021 3:14 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Thanks Regina and Hahaha is my friend Pepito Hahaha

loli23's profile photo
loli23
11/17/2021 7:40 a.m.

: D, tell us how they came out and if they gave you a diagnosis.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
11/17/2021 8:55 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Not yet the results are not yet thanks.I will tell what they tell me thank you

loli23's profile photo
loli23
11/17/2021 11:19 a.m.

If we do not fast for the C peptide, why for insulin and proinsulin and basal glucose tests?
They have always asked me in Basal

Alberto_13's profile photo
Alberto_13
11/17/2021 1:34 p.m.

DM3c desde 2018; hb 6 % (feb.. 2022) (tresiba+fiasp+metformina)

alberto_13 said:
If we do not fast for the c peptide, why if for insulin and proinsulin and basal glucose tests?
They have always asked me in basal

I do not understand, so I cannot trust the results since it also asked me for insulin, so I will continue as at the beginning without knowing what diabetes I have a first endroquina that says that I am ladShe sees clear that I am type 2 diabetes since I had gestational diabetes since she says that she is diabetes leads to type 2 and I have been able to see in the group that is not so since there are several that have had gestational diabetes and are lada.Well and also according to the antibodies, my doctor said that he looked at her but the anilita is still incomplete that the c peptide and insulin was fine, some antibodies had given negative but the pancreatic was missing, the truth that I have been a year and a half and a halfI am the same as at the beginning,

loli23's profile photo
loli23
11/19/2021 8:40 a.m.

The truth is that it is difficult to find a good endocrine, many of this forum have taken many laps until they are correctly diagnosed, it cost me 2 years and 3 endocrine

Alberto_13
11/19/2021 10:14 a.m.

loli23 said:
alberto_13 said:
If we do not fast for the peptide C, why if for insulin and proinsulin and basal glucose tests?

I do not understand, so I cannot trust the results since it also asked me for insulin, so I will continue as at the beginning without knowing what diabetes I have a first endroquina that says that I am ladShe sees clear that I am type 2 diabetes since I had gestational diabetes since she says that she is diabetes leads to type 2 and I have been able to see in the group that is not so since there are several that have had gestational diabetes and are lada.Well and also according to the antibodies, my doctor said that he looked at her but the anilita is still incomplete that the c peptide and insulin was fine, some antibodies had given negative but the pancreatic was missing, the truth that I have been a year and a half and a halfI am the same as at the beginning,

The theory is that if the antibodies give negative are type 2. In type 1 or in the lades there are antibodies that attack the beta cells of the pancreas, so it ends up ceasing to produce insulin.The peptide C what is going to tell you is how much pancreatic reservation you have, that is how the pancreas works.
Therefore without antibodies it is type 2. Then within type 2 it may be that you have insulin resistance (your body produces but recently effect) or that the pancreas is running out or is exhausted and no longer produces insulin, in which caseThe effect is the same as in DM1, the difference is that this exhaustion in type 1 is produced by antibodies and in type 2 for other reasons (overload, genetic, disease ...)

isabelbota's profile photo
isabelbota
11/19/2021 11:09 a.m.

DM 2 con páncreas agotado desde diciembre 2020. 51 años entonces.
HG diciembre 2020: 15.9. Última HG: julio 2024 5.8
Abasaglar 9 unidades. Metformina, 1000/0/1000. Humalog junior: 2 unid en desayuno y luego en función de lo que coma.

You have to see what our Isabel has learned !!!! 👍👍

Alberto_13
11/19/2021 1 p.m.

alberto_13 said:
You have to see what our Isabel has learned !!!! 👍👍 </blockquote

And I alone.Because if I wait for the doctor to explain it ...

isabelbota
11/19/2021 1:42 p.m.

Abasaglar 9 unidades. Metformina, 1000/0/1000. Humalog junior: 2 unid en desayuno y luego en función de lo que coma.

isabelbota said:
loli23 said:
alberto_13 said:
alberto_13 said:

The theory is that if the antibodies give negative are type 2. In type 1 or in the lades there are antibodies that attack the beta cells of the pancreas, so it ends up ceasing to produce insulin.The peptide C what is going to tell you is how much pancreatic reservation you have, that is how the pancreas works.
Therefore without antibodies it is type 2. Then within type 2 it may be that you have insulin resistance (your body produces but recently effect) or that the pancreas is running out or is exhausted and no longer produces insulin, in which caseThe effect is the same as in DM1, the difference is that this exhaustion in type 1 is produced by antibodies and in type 2 for other reasons (overload, genetics, disease ...)

Thanks to wait for the results

loli23's profile photo
loli23
11/19/2021 2:59 p.m.

loli23 said:
alberto_13 said:
If we do not fast for the peptide C, why if for insulin and proinsulin and basal glucose tests?

Hello!I had gestational diabetes in my two pregnancies and in the end it has ended up being diabetes type 1 lada, that is, autoimmune diabetes.Therefore, the background of gestational diabetes does not imply that you are now type 2. Being a slow attack, it could have begun a long time for what the body in pregnancy could not meet the demand for insulin and hence gestational diabetes.

The way to diagnose autoimmune diabetes is through antibody analysis.As I read there are up to 6 different antibodies present in diabetes, although only Gad65 and IA2 looked at me.I gave positive in antigad65.

Vicky Bu's profile photo
Vicky Bu
11/21/2021 12:17 p.m.

Diabetes 1 LADA desde enero 2018
Antes mal diagnosticada como Tipo 2
Toujeo y Humalog Junior
A1c: 6.0

<Blockquote class = "quote" rel = "alberto_13"

Well, after 36 years in diabetes a few years ago, few, I found a wonderful one, but changed center
And after two or three years I was lucky to coincide with him, the problem was that I suggested to put the bomb then changed me to another, which is fine, but I see it once or twice a year something insufficient for me because I have aabsolute uncontrol
I spend life diet, sometimes neither as and still
It is absolutely desperate
My mood already dies, it is the worst torture.

EstherMorados's profile photo
EstherMorados
11/22/2021 8:41 a.m.

vicky bu said:
loli23 said:
alberto_13 said:
alberto_13 said:
if we don't fast for peptide c, whyIf for insulin and proinsulin and basal glucose tests?

Hello!I had gestational diabetes in my two pregnancies and in the end it has ended up being diabetes type 1 lada, that is, autoimmune diabetes.Therefore, the background of gestational diabetes does not imply that you are now type 2. Being a slow attack, it could have begun a long time for what the body in pregnancy could not meet the demand for insulin and hence gestational diabetes.

The way to diagnose autoimmune diabetes is through antibody analysis.As I read there are up to 6 different antibodies present in diabetes, although only Gad65 and IA2 looked at me.I gave positive in antigad65.

Hello, so I did not give confidence what he said of gestational diabetes, since as you say it is not a factor to diagnose type 2 diabetes, and as you say there are more antibodies than they ask as the first endroquina told me there are 8, this endroquinaHe has only asked me 2, in the GAD, I think he has given me negative the others have not yet come out and with the tests of the peded C and the insulin I do not know if I can trust the results since I was not fasting, I had already had breakfastYou didn't know that the tests were going to be done at that time.And he told me that if the tests went well, they gave me the discharge and I would no longer have to go to the endroquin.I am not sure the pedish if it puts 1.37 or 1.87.Since they have not printed them since the analytics was incomplete in the absence of that antibodies, and it also told me that insulin was fine, good the diagnosis of the endricquina was an anomaly on an empty stomach since I au I do not have diabetes, and I have itcontrolled with diet and sport, but of course when it is when it is in question as such better it will be.The problem is that if I am discharged, I don't know what to do since my GPHis would be instead of directly discharging me, it would be to repress the tests from here to a few months to see if the c peptide is going down or not.

loli23's profile photo
loli23
11/22/2021 9:41 a.m.

Hello I already have the results

loli23's profile photo
loli23
11/24/2021 9:36 a.m.

Congratulations have an enviable analysis !!!And of diabetes faith moment nothing at all

Alberto_13
11/24/2021 10 a.m.

alberto_13 said:
congratulations you have an enviable analysis !!!And of diabetes faith moment at all

Thank you but it is not easy as you know with a very strict diet and a lot of sport and a loss of 25 kg.And especially thanks to you with everything you help in the forum and we can learn since the doctor does not usually help much.

loli23's profile photo
loli23
11/24/2021 10:05 a.m.

loli23 said:
hello I already have the results

Congratulations, you pour from diabetes.You have done a good job.Not everyone would be able to lose 25 kg.
Well now you know, calm that you are not diabetic.Keep up healthy, although some "lust" from time to time you give it to you, you deserve it.

isabelbota
11/24/2021 1 p.m.

Isabelbota said:
loli23 said:
hello I already have the results

Congratulations, you pour from diabetes.You have done a good job.Not everyone would be able to lose 25 kg.
Well now you know, calm that you are not diabetic.He is still healthy alive, although some "lust" from time to time you give it to you, you deserve it.

Thank you

loli23's profile photo
loli23
11/24/2021 10:16 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.