{'en': 'Work in Mercadona with Diabetes', 'es': 'Trabajar en Mercadona con diabetes'} Image

Work in Mercadona with Diabetes

Rocio5's profile photo   12/01/2021 2:18 p.m.

So far it is not that I have said it in the interviews, but I have gone with the sensor uncovered and although I have achieved work, it is true that in most they have decided not to hire me for what they offered me at first and change to something else "Light ", for example, less number of hours or remove a tutoring.I am a teacher, so in addition to having to face the management teams I also have to do it with the parents;Students have never been a problem.All this comes to the fact that after this year's interview, once again they have given me a different position than they offered me, so for the following occasions I have decided to hide it until I am inside with the signed contract.Before I always hired me the first one but since I carry the sensor, I have noticed it a lot.As an example last year.Last year, I went with the covered sensor and, literally, they hired me at the time, so I understand that it has to do.

We have to remove stigma but most cannot keep our ass hoping that people change their minds, they should give tv talks and others to change that mentality.

NiñaBurbuja's profile photo
NiñaBurbuja
12/09/2021 5:59 p.m.

T1 diagnosticada a los 24, tengo 31.
Además soy celiaca y con muchas alergias alimentarias, entre ellas profilina. Recientemente diagnosticada con hipotiroidismo también.

rocio5 said:
hello everyone !!I will start working in Mercadona, the medical exam is missing, so I have read Mercadona does not pay social security and has its own doctors to value you before entering and in case of medical leave.
I really want to go to work and I also need economically.
I do not know what to do, I do not know whether to tell the doctor that I am a diabetic or not, I am afraid that for it they do not take me thinking that I can have lower or miss more to the work for it.In the years that I have been working in other companies, I have never taken a decrease for any reason, and I have never missed for diabetes.

What would you do?Anyone who works in Mercadona and can you tell me their experience?

Thank you very much

Hi Rocio!I am in the same situation as you.I started working in Mercadona two months ago, and the truth is that they have not done the medical exam or anyone from the company has told me anything about it, although I read that I was part of the selection process.I am in the fishmonger section and I am quite calm, although it is true that in the morning if you touch your replacement it is quite a cane and it is costing me a little regular so that they do not give me hypos, and although I know badly done I finishEvery day in Hiper to avoid it.Anyway, I do not think anything until the trial period happens in case.I hope you do very well what you decide.☺️

Yoyi's profile photo
Yoyi
12/12/2021 11:39 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Thank you so much
I have not finally done any medical examination, nor have they asked me, I am 8 hours in cash, and for now I am managing well eating something at rest.

Rocio5's profile photo
Rocio5
12/12/2021 1:23 p.m.

Good morning, I advise you not to tell you and control the sugar, in Mercadona they will not take you, it is my opinion, luck.

jccv's profile photo
jccv
12/13/2021 8:17 a.m.

rocio5 said:
thank you very much
I have not finally done any medical examination, nor have they asked me, I am 8 hours in cash, and for now I am managing well eating something at rest.

Congratulations!!!!Your quiet and normal life.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
12/13/2021 12:32 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

rocio5 said:
hello everyone !!I will start working in Mercadona, the medical exam is missing, so I have read Mercadona does not pay social security and has its own doctors to value you before entering and in case of medical leave.
I do not know what to do, I do not know whether to tell the doctor that I am a diabetic or not, I am afraid that for it they do not take me thinking that I can have lower or miss more to the work for it.In the years that I have been working in other companies, I have never taken a decrease for any reason, and I have never missed for diabetes.

What would you do?Anyone who works in Mercadona and can you tell me their experience?

Thank you very much

I started 9 months ago in a company, in the previous recognition if I said that I am diabetic because the medical data is of a confidential nature, the company is communicated to the apt/not suitable.When I'm going to review and ask for the proof does not say that I have gone to the endocrine, only that I have been in that health center such a day.I try to give me the appointments at a few hours that I do not have to ask permission at work, but it is not always the case.My colleagues know it, no address.All the best.

miguelyc's profile photo
miguelyc
12/19/2021 9:40 a.m.

rocio5 said:

Thank you very much

As you can consider not saying anything at work.Companions and bosses should know.You depend on them if something happens to you.

varela13's profile photo
varela13
12/19/2021 11:37 a.m.

And what will happen to us if the diabetics are all with a fucking mother and we can do any job !!According to comments from diabetics !!Nothing happens until the day that happens !! 😬😬😬😬😬

andrespmat's profile photo
andrespmat
12/19/2021 1:50 p.m.

rocio5 said:

Thank you very much

I've been working in Mercadona for 30 years and from the first moment I told them that it was diabetic.Social security pay like any company, but it is true that everything related to work is carried by mutual like any company.
Apart from a medical service you have to inform if you have tests or a disease that you have to absent from work.
Also think that I gave me a 33% disability for diabetes and that I am currently 42%, the company has fiscal benefits and pay much less for me, and I still surrender as a worker without diabetes.
My advice is to say it.They have given me countless dirty at work and I have had to recover to be able to continue.Or be excessively high and have to stop to rectify with fast insulin.

Salvasan's profile photo
Salvasan
09/21/2023 11:22 a.m.

salvasan said:
rocio5 said:

Thank you very much

I've been working in Mercadona for 30 years and from the first moment I told them that it was diabetic.Social security pay like any company, but it is true that everything related to work is carried by mutual like any company.
Apart from a medical service you have to inform if you have tests or a disease that you have to absent from work.
Also think that I gave me a 33% disability for diabetes and that I am currently 42%, the company has fiscal benefits and pay much less for me, and I still surrender as a worker without diabetes.
My advice is to say it.They have given me countless dirty at work and I have had to recover to be able to continue.Or be excessively high and have to stop to rectify with fast insulin.

Can I ask you why they gave you 33% disability for diabetes?He understood that they only gave it if you had had x hospital income in recent months or something.Thank you

Sofia00's profile photo
Sofia00
09/21/2023 11:50 a.m.

@Sofia00 To me if it doesn't bother you, I would also like to know how you got 33%.
I tried to have retinopathy and nothing at all ...

SilviaGRZ's profile photo
SilviaGRZ
09/22/2023 10:58 a.m.

Silvia (España)
Fiaps + Insulatard
Díabética desde los 4 años. Ahora tengo 37.
Hbg 6'9..

@Rocio5 In all all my works I have said it once inside.
To my managers, and my colleagues, because I think it is important to normalize it and also that they are prevented from an urgency.
I punish myself in front of them, I scan ...

On the issue that they will make recognition, the same.Dilo.They just put you suitable or not suitable. You say it, you pass the last filter and already at your destination, you comment as something natural ...

Good luck and get it!

SilviaGRZ's profile photo
SilviaGRZ
09/22/2023 11:02 a.m.

Silvia (España)
Fiaps + Insulatard
Díabética desde los 4 años. Ahora tengo 37.
Hbg 6'9..

sofia00 said:
salvasan said:
rocio5 said:
rocio5 said:
hello to all !!I will start working in Mercadona, the medical exam is missing, so I have read Mercadona does not pay social security and has its own doctors to value you before entering and in case of medical leave.

Thank you very much

Can I ask you why they gave you 33% disability for diabetes?He understood that they only gave it if you had had x hospital income in recent months or something.Thanks

I took my medical reports and obviously at that time I was several times admitted by decompensations.Apart from my diabetes according to doctors is complicated.Apart with an evolution of 42 years with diabetes I have retinopathy and neuropathy, and I add hernias discos from top to bottom.All of that adds 42%.
Ask for it does not cost money.Ask for reports and send them where you correspond to see what they tell you.33% were given to me about more than 20 years ago.

Salvasan's profile photo
Salvasan
10/02/2023 1:20 a.m.

Disability and diabetes

According to severity, disability is graduated as null, mild, moderate, serious and very serious.And, finally, the percentages are ordered by classes, 'according to the importance of deficiency and the degree of disability that originates' in the system, apparatus or organ affected.Thus we have:

Class I: deficiencies that do not produce disability (0%),
Class II: those that produce mild disability (1%-24%),
Class III: Moderate disability (25%-49%),
Class IV: severe disability (50%-70%),
Class V: Very serious disability (75%).

Class III: For the patient to be class 3, it is necessary that he had to be hospitalized for acute decompositions caused by diabetes.Becoming admitted up to three times in a year, with a duration of more than 48 hours each.Patients of this class have between 25% and 49% of disability.

Class I: It is the most serious degree and gives the patient between 50% and 70%.In this case, the person has had to be hospitalized for acute decompensations, but more than three times in a year .

Disability degree of 33% or higher
Keep in mind that in order to reach the degree of 33% of minimum disability, it is required to be within classes 3 and 4. In both cases they are only conferred if the acute decompensations of diabetes are not caused by inappropriate therapeutic control byof the patient.

These degrees of disability will be reviewed every two years. If that time has not produced new income, the disability certificate will be withdrawn.In addition to diabetes, if the patient has other diseases, it will also be taken into account when granting the certificate.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
10/02/2023 4:48 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.