{'en': 'Work in Mercadona with Diabetes', 'es': 'Trabajar en Mercadona con diabetes'} Image

Work in Mercadona with Diabetes

Rocio5's profile photo   12/01/2021 2:18 p.m.

Hello everyone!!

I will start working in Mercadona, the medical exam is missing, so I have read Mercadona does not pay social security and has its own doctors to value you before entering and in case of medical leave.

I really want to go to work and I also need economically.

I do not know what to do, I do not know whether to tell the doctor that I am a diabetic or not, I am afraid that for it they do not take me thinking that I can have lower or miss more to the work for it.In the years that I have been working in other companies, I have never taken a decrease for any reason, and I have never missed for diabetes.

What would you do?

Anyone who works in Mercadona and can you tell me their experience?

Thank you so much!

Rocio5's profile photo
Rocio5
12/01/2021 2:18 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

rocio5 said:
hello everyone !!I will start working in Mercadona, the medical exam is missing, so I have read Mercadona does not pay social security and has its own doctors to value you before entering and in case of medical leave.
I really want to go to work and I also need economically.
I do not know what to do, I do not know whether to tell the doctor that I am a diabetic or not, I am afraid that for it they do not take me thinking that I can have lower or miss more to the work for it.In the years that I have been working in other companies, I have never taken a decrease for any reason, and I have never missed for diabetes.

What would you do?Anyone who works in Mercadona and can you tell me their experience?

Thank you very much

Diabetes before all.Surely, I would say it.Diabetes is more important than any work.Imagine you don't say it and then you have to excuse yourself one day or at some point in your work for her.The most convenient thing is that they know your diseases.

DavidAG2000's profile photo
DavidAG2000
12/01/2021 3:31 p.m.

@Rocio5 I don't comment on anything.

The medical company cannot comment on any of your data, they simply issue a suitable/not suitable for Mercadona;They will give you all the results.

Diabetes is undetectable by analytics unless your glucose is above 110mg/dl and for that you already know that you can put an insulin hour and something before the analytics to enter the range 80-110mg/dl of the analytics.

I have joined in April and I have not said anything.Diabetes prevents me from anything.And before medical casualties the SS also does not communicate why the company.If you don't say it, nobody knows.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
12/01/2021 4:04 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

I would say it.

Anaisabel's profile photo
Anaisabel
12/01/2021 5:17 p.m.

I wouldn't say it.
Work in El Corte Inglés many years ago, it also has whether medical service, they repeated the analyzes 3 times, because it was "altered" a bit low, a little high and the third to the limit.I told him that I had an appointment with endocrine for a diet that I was wearing and that's it.

Merchedm's profile photo
Merchedm
12/01/2021 6:52 p.m.

Good morning.Whenever I have started working, I have said it, my colleagues know it, it should not be a determining factor when it comes to taking you or not.In fact, it is to normalize the disease and if we hide it we do the opposite.I understand that there may be fear that they do not take you but it happens as with the insurance, if you do not say it and in the end it is known the same ends up.In short, in a perfect world nothing should happen ...

Antonio200's profile photo
Antonio200
12/02/2021 8:05 a.m.

@Rocio5, I wouldn't say it, I don't think it helps you get the job, because people still have many prejucios in this
Once inside and demonstrated what you are worth, you are already telling who you consider.But, first, don't say anything, don't help.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
12/02/2021 1:51 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

I would not say it either, as the companions have told you, it is undetectable, and as you know that if you have any decline it will surely be for something that has nothing to do, then, if it has any descent because you say that it is stress, andYou eat a bun and continue.There are many prejudices for this infused disease.

speedy1967's profile photo
speedy1967
12/02/2021 4:21 p.m.

LADA con insulina abasaglar + Ristfor con sensor, Novorapid

Thank you all for your advice !!!
If I knew that it will not be a reason for rejecting me for work, I would say it without any problem, but as you say, I think there are still many damages.

Rocio5's profile photo
Rocio5
12/03/2021 12:54 a.m.

rocio5 said:
Thank you all for your advice !!!
If I knew that it will not be a reason for rejecting me for work, I would say it without any problem, but as you say, I think there are still many damages.

And if nothing is done to eliminate them, there they will continue.The first grain of sand that we can put is to show companies that we can work like any other person, in order to eliminate such prejudices.

DavidAG2000
12/03/2021 1:50 a.m.

davidag2000 said:
rocio5 said:
thank you all for your advice !!!

And if nothing is done to eliminate them, there they will continue.The first grain of sand we can put is to show companies that we can work like any other person, in order to eliminate such prejudices.

Yes, but once inside and hired.If not, you can't demonstrate anything.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
12/03/2021 3:55 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

davidag2000 said:
rocio5 said:
thank you all for your advice !!!

And if nothing is done to eliminate them, there they will continue.The first grain of sand we can put is to show companies that we can work like any other person, in order to eliminate such prejudices.

Well yes, but nobody wants to be Juana de Arco and run out of employment.
It must be grouped, with associations of diabetics, public agencies, etc.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
12/03/2021 8:47 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Law of supply and demand.How many people have to cover that position?

carlos70's profile photo
carlos70
12/05/2021 11:21 a.m.

Do not say anything, that in this country there are many prejudices against diabetes, try that at the time of the analytics you will carry the values ​​in the range of non -diabetic person, if you have type 1 date for fuck ... it tells you an non -apt,That he did not hide his DM1 to access the GC ends and guards scale, do not say anything and already, they cannot investigate anything, the medical issues are very sensitive.Luck

antoineib1's profile photo
antoineib1
12/05/2021 11:36 a.m.

Mercadona has a service
Own prevention of occupational hazards with internal doctors and health data should not be communicated to anyone for this service.I have worked in mutual accidents at work and for them it was suitable, now when I had some setback for them it was invention everything.I have had a really bad time, in need of surgeries, and following working until surgery and in medical treatment that limited my functions a lot, I only got out of bed to work, so much so that after it they did not believe it, when notHe had anything to justify them.It was a tremendous harassment until it ended up fired, and with communication of medical inspection data, while they gave them compensated but once they saw that it was really wrong.I am waiting for the trial with the company for that invasion of competencies and discrimination.

drjesusangel's profile photo
drjesusangel
12/05/2021 2:21 p.m.

I would not say it, it is your private life and you do not have to tell it, because of the medical gathering they are not going to find out, it is a matter of having the nornal glucose in the analytics, they have made me several and never found out for the analytics the diabetesI am type 1, then once in the ttabajo I already told my colleagues, if I lowered my glucose I took sugar and fixed, good luck with the new work

nuriapal14's profile photo
nuriapal14
12/05/2021 4:49 p.m.

It is very angry to shut up and not say k you are diabetic, it is very unfair, if we have no recognized degree of disability for suffering it, we should not have any difficulty.

But fear occurs, and with work more, if you don't say it, it is cautious, have liquids with sugar in a bottle and/or sugar like I do ... and if it gives you a low one to take it.

In my last work (and that is as a trainer for dangerous work), after a few months in it, I decided to comment on the boss and colleagues, because the infusion bomb is seen ... I simply did as if I hadThe outcome recently occurred and without giving importance.There was no problem.

It is better to know it even if it is late, in case an accident happens for it and you need help.

JUAN DAVID 's profile photo
JUAN DAVID
12/06/2021 8:10 p.m.

Mercadona if you pay social security.Another thing is that your medical service has it, as well as billions of companies in this country, with a mutual.
(Social security consists of several agencies, medical care is only one of them, although we are accustomed to calling social security only to a public health or hospital center)

To the doctor who makes you recognize, you pay who pays you, you can perfectly tell you that you are diabetic, because they cannot, by law, give medical data of any worker to any company.It is illegal, data protection law, you know.
In fact, if once you already hired you are sick and you have to ask for the decline, in that document you take to the company no doctor (of public, private, mutual health, none!) You can put what disease you have, only timefor which they leave you or prescribe rest.If you are shitting alive, you don't have to know your boss (and less badly !: D)

So as long as it is not something that can be a serious conditioning on your job (and Diabetes in Mercadona gives me that it will not be ...), they will give you the apt to work in the company.The same if you were flying a 747 they put on you, but to collect in cash and replace products I do not think it is problematic.

I started working in a company that made me a previous medical examination.They did me analysis (I did not click anything to "falsify" nothing, I went as I was going), they looked at my eyes, the hearing, etc ... and I told the doctor that I had diabetes, just as I told herasthma, hypothyroidism and several allergies.She looked at the requirements of my position (those that the company's happens), said that all OK, that of course I could work.And I started in my position that same week without any problem.And the truth is that some of my functions in that position do not move away much to those of a person who works in Mercadona: I loaded heavy boxes (in my case with plans and brochures, it was a museum), I passed codes by a reader, attendedTo people every two for three ... I had until the mind has a little clear to speak several languages ​​and change quickly from one to another, but if I was low from gluco, my colleagues took care without failure.They and my superiors knew that it was diabetic the first week and I always had the support and understanding of all.In fact I left because I changed work, but many are still part of my life.

In other places where I have worked since I am a diabetic I had no medical examination, but I have not had problems and I have never hidden my diabetes.I believe that in most companies it is no longer a problem.And precisely, if we make visible our way of living and caring for ourselves, it will be less and less taboo and better for everyone.

Tam's profile photo
Tam
12/06/2021 10:29 p.m.

Diabetes tipo 1 desde los 28. Cuando quedo con mis amig@s siempre llego tarde, en la diabetes no iba a ser diferente 😅 También tengo hipotiroidismo, asma y alergias varias... soy una pupas.

Levemir y Fiasp
Freestyle Libre 2
Última HbA1c: 6 (Marzo 2023)

tam said:
mercadona if you pay social security.Another thing is that your medical service has it, as well as billions of companies in this country, with a mutual.
(Social security consists of several agencies, medical care is only one of them, although we are accustomed to calling social security only to a public health or hospital center)

To the doctor who makes you recognize, you pay who pays you, you can perfectly tell you that you are diabetic, because they cannot, by law, give medical data of any worker to any company.It is illegal, data protection law, you know.
In fact, if once you already hired you are sick and you have to ask for the decline, in that document you take to the company no doctor (of public, private, mutual health, none!) You can put what disease you have, only timefor which they leave you or prescribe rest.If you are shitting alive, you don't have to know your boss (and less badly !: D)

So as long as it is not something that can be a serious conditioning on your job (and Diabetes in Mercadona gives me that it will not be ...), they will give you the apt to work in the company.The same if you were flying a 747 they put on you, but to collect in cash and replace products I do not think it is problematic.

I started working in a company that made me a previous medical examination.They did me analysis (I did not click anything to "falsify" nothing, I went as I was going), they looked at my eyes, the hearing, etc ... and I told the doctor that I had diabetes, just as I told herasthma, hypothyroidism and several allergies.She looked at the requirements of my position (those that the company's happens), said that all OK, that of course I could work.And I started in my position that same week without any problem.And the truth is that some of my functions in that position do not move away much to those of a person who works in Mercadona: I loaded heavy boxes (in my case with plans and brochures, it was a museum), I passed codes by a reader, attendedTo people every two for three ... I had until the mind has a little clear to speak several languages ​​and change quickly from one to another, but if I was low from gluco, my colleagues took care without failure.They and my superiors knew that it was diabetic the first week and I always had the support and understanding of all.In fact I left because I changed work, but many are still part of my life.

In other places where I have worked since I am a diabetic I had no medical examination, but I have not had problems and I have never hidden my diabetes.I believe that in most companies it is no longer a problem.And precisely, if we make visible our way of living and caring for us, it will be less and less taboo for everyone.

That is what I meant with my previous message.Thanks for explaining it in detail.

DavidAG2000
12/07/2021 1:41 a.m.

hello good.I would say it.Your classmates should be aware in case it gives you hypoglycemia.I work as a receptionist in several companies Poque I am from an ETT, and so far I have not had problems of discrimination or anything like

adrianasanz's profile photo
adrianasanz
12/07/2021 4:59 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.