{'en': 'What do you take to overcome a hypo?', 'es': '¿Que tomáis para remontar una hipo?'} Image

What do you take to overcome a hypo?

Adam77's profile photo   04/04/2022 12:13 a.m.

I have had very fast and slower declines.

When I downloaded quickly, I take juices and something solid, but then quickly and too much ...

What do you take to overcome and remain in controlled values?

Thank you!

Adam77's profile photo
Adam77
04/04/2022 12:13 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

I a juice and this is already rising to 140-150 and no more

Rogerix's profile photo
Rogerix
04/04/2022 12:49 a.m.

Coca-Cola or Fanta, climbs fast and makes you well right away.If you know the amount you must take, there is no comeback

Sherpa41's profile photo
Sherpa41
04/04/2022 3:23 a.m.

En 1922 descubrieron la insulina, en 1930 la insulina lenta. ¿Que c*** han hecho desde entonces?

Glucose pills, avoid having peaks.

nigiri's profile photo
nigiri
04/04/2022 10:17 a.m.

DM1 desde 1990 - Fiasp y Toujeo - HG: 6,1

For me the best option is medium apple and is also healthy.

Josemibi's profile photo
Josemibi
04/04/2022 11:08 a.m.

Db1 desde Diciembre 2007.
Fiasp y Tresiba.
FreeStyle Libre 2

When one has hiccup it is easy to move on to hyper

That is why you have to have some patience.

It all depends on how low one is and how much a ration of carbohydrates ups.That is personal.

For example, in my particular case I have proven that a ration of carbohydrates rises about 60 blood sugar level.More/less.If I am in 70 and I see in the sensor a very pronounced drop, given the slight delay of the sensor, it means that I am really lower in blood.I have an apple juice at home that is around a ration.Also if it is in the afternoon a little beer that I know and I already have controlled at home.I take it.The juice/liquid enters very fast.And I wait with patience for half an hour or 45 m a that the sensor picks it up.You have to have some patience because sometimes the sensor sounds again the alarm, but I already know what I have taken.And I don't take anything else until 30-45 m.And that works for my good.

If I am something low, but the profile is very soft I take something solid, cookie type or glucose type or fruit or something that I feel like, but always knowing the carbohydrates that I take.In general in these I only take half a ration.

I have already put my leg several times to get nervous and have more carbohydrates.

All the best

jldiazdel's profile photo
jldiazdel
04/04/2022 11:16 a.m.

DM1 desde Marzo 2018 (53 años). 7-10 unidades basal: Abasaglar (insulina glargina). NovoRapid. Factor 1.0/1.5.
Vivo en Alemania. CarboH total dia 70-80 gr. Deporte Gym todos dias L-V 1h-2 h
HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

adam77 said:
I have had very fast and slower declines.When I get out fast, I take juices and something solid, but then quickly go back and too much ... what do you take to overcome and stay in controlled values?

Glucose pills, it is the only thing that does not give me a hipper rebound effect after you calculate what you need.1 g of glucose rises approximately 5 mg/ dl the glycemia, according to that you calculate.

meginer's profile photo
meginer
04/04/2022 10:09 p.m.

It depends on the slow one, with Tresiba, half of hydrates are needed with Lantus.A juice rises double.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
04/05/2022 1:17 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

I use the rule of 15.
15 g of sugar, wait 15 min to measure, if it does not go up, return to another 15g of sugar and measure at 15 min.

In my case, I only rectify if I am for 55mg/dl;Above 55 my body goes back alone and I'm going to hyper if I take something.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
04/05/2022 2:30 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

meginer said:
adam77 said:
I have had very fast and slower declines.When I get out fast, I take juices and something solid, but then quickly go back and too much ... what do you take to overcome and stay in controlled values?

Glucose pills, it is the only thing that does not give me a hipper rebound effect after you calculate what you need.1 g of glucose rises approximately 5 mg/ dl the glycemia, according to that you calculate.

How long?

Alberto_13's profile photo
Alberto_13
04/05/2022 3:11 p.m.

DM3c desde 2018; hb 6 % (feb.. 2022) (tresiba+fiasp+metformina)

Generally platano or 1 datile, it is what works for me

Hilda's profile photo
Hilda
04/05/2022 9:37 p.m.

ruthbia said:
I use the rule of 15.
15 g of sugar, wait 15 min to measure, if it does not go up, return to another 15g of sugar and measure at 15 min.

In my case, I only rectify if I am for 55mg/dl;Above 55 my body goes back alone and I'm going to hyper if I take something.

ruthbia said:
I use the rule of 15.

ruthbia said:
ruthbia said:
I use the rule of 15.

Adam77's profile photo
Adam77
04/05/2022 9:51 p.m.

meginer said:
adam77 said:

How long does it take?

Alberto_13's profile photo
Alberto_13
04/05/2022 11:14 p.m.

DM3c desde 2018; hb 6 % (feb.. 2022) (tresiba+fiasp+metformina)

I always carry glucose pills and if it is very hot, liquid glucose.
If I see the graph in descent near the seventy a glucose pill and stay better, especially with heat.
Also before the glucose pills, I had cookies that are stuffed with nocilla, they worked perfect for me, without high peaks.The problem is heat or find them in store, not everyone has.

_Tacker_'s profile photo
_Tacker_
07/16/2022 11:12 p.m.

My son uses sweets.We have some chuche is 0.5 UCH and others that are 0.8 UCH.Normally with a chuche traces and no more is needed.

evacf's profile photo
evacf
07/17/2022 3:33 p.m.

Gomolas or Brick Small (200 ml) Fruit juice.

Ensalada's profile photo
Ensalada
07/17/2022 6:38 p.m.

LADA desde septiembre de 2021
Toujeo y Fiasp
Aprendiendo

100ml.Fresh Horchata, but 2 glucose pills

Cassie's profile photo
Cassie
07/18/2022 11:49 a.m.

Boat juice (pineapple, orange ...), jelly beans, glucose pills, glucose gels ... and if there is more margin until the next meal, he accompanied him with a cookie or something seemed like

javiertierno's profile photo
javiertierno
07/19/2022 9:50 p.m.

Drinkable 100 ml and sugus yogurts in the bag.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
07/19/2022 11:26 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

I always carry glucose pills and if it is very hot, liquid glucose.
If I see the graph in descent near the seventy a glucose pill and keep better, over to
Also before the glucose pills, I had cookies that are stuffed with nocilla, they worked perfect for me, without high peaks.The problem is heat or find them in store, not everyone has.

_Tacker_'s profile photo
_Tacker_
07/20/2022 2:54 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.