{'en': 'Lantus and nocturnal hypoglycemia', 'es': 'Lantus e hipoglucemia nocturna'} Image

Lantus and nocturnal hypoglycemia

EstefaniaBC32's profile photo   03/22/2022 9:38 a.m.

Hello good morning.

Well a few days ago I published a post saying that Tresiba was not going well and most of you advised me to return to Lantus and I thank you very much because I did not know very well what to do and my levels have improved remarkably especially during the day.

Now I have the problem at dawn, threeiba increased glycemia to crazy levels even if I would correct me, however Lantus is giving me hypoglycemia at 4am more or less.

Since I changed it, I started with 30uds, which are the ones that put me with Tresiba.I usually dine from 19h to 8pm, I put the lantus at 11pm and go to bed at 00h.Yesterday, for example, before sleep I had blood glucose to 160 and has given me hypoglycemia at 4:30 am.

My question is, how many doses of insulin should I go down and how many days?

Tomorrow I have time with my nurse but anyway I would like to know for tonight already lowering the dose, it has a bit bad with these nocturnal hypos.

Thank you very much to everyone.

EstefaniaBC32's profile photo
EstefaniaBC32
03/22/2022 9:38 a.m.

Nunca es tarde para cuidarse... Empezando a aceptar la diabetes ahora.
33 años.
Diabética desde los 8 años.
Toujeo y Novorápid.
https://www.instagram.com/estefaniabc.27/

The doctor told me to download what I would like but to climb that I was doing it two by two and with a difference of 3 days or so to see how it was going, in case it serves you

Nila's profile photo
Nila
03/22/2022 10:16 a.m.

Diabetes desde 03/15
Lantus
MODY 3
HG octubre 2021: 5,7; junio 2021: 6,5; 2020: 6,7; 2019: 6,7. 2018: 6,4

I get little slow, and the move of unity unity especially when I am on vacation and change my routine.Sometimes two by two.

But in your case, I would probate a slightly stronger adjustment to avoid hypos since you have become quite slow (30 u) I would try to lower directly 4 u, and wait a few days to see how such.

jldiazdel's profile photo
jldiazdel
03/22/2022 11:20 a.m.

DM1 desde Marzo 2018 (53 años). 7-10 unidades basal: Abasaglar (insulina glargina). NovoRapid. Factor 1.0/1.5.
Vivo en Alemania. CarboH total dia 70-80 gr. Deporte Gym todos dias L-V 1h-2 h
HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

I was the main cause of leaving this insulin.They gave me very fat hypos, at night, even going down doses, and if they go down a lot, then climb the day.

meginer's profile photo
meginer
03/22/2022 10:15 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

It is lowered and rises from 2 in 2 every 3 days.
Why don't you change the time?In the morning and reinforcement at 8 pm since it peak action at 4 hours or so.

Lantus put it in 2 doses because I did not cover 24 hours the same as Levemir.
I am going well with Toujeo and I save a puncture.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
03/23/2022 12:54 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

@Estefaniabc32, the Lantus is better to put it in the morning to avoid hypos at night.
You adjust until you wake up well.
According to how you can adjust one in one every two days, ..

Regina's profile photo
Regina
03/23/2022 1:25 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

The nurse has told me to continue at night and that the dose goes down ...
They are a little fed up, they do not understand that each person is a world.I think that clicking at noon would be good for me or says no .. Anyway

EstefaniaBC32
03/23/2022 10:17 a.m.

33 años.
Toujeo y Novorápid.

What does it give you the most when do you click?The endocrine for my circumstances put it to me at noon (although for me it would be better at night or breakfast but it is to control fasting levels, so that's why I put it at noon).

Nila's profile photo
Nila
03/23/2022 11:57 a.m.

Diabetes desde 03/15
Lantus
MODY 3
HG octubre 2021: 5,7; junio 2021: 6,5; 2020: 6,7; 2019: 6,7. 2018: 6,4

nila said:
what do you give when you click?The endocrine for my circumstances put it at noon (although for me it would be better at night or breakfast but it is to control the levels in fasting, so that's why I put it at noon).

I wanted to do that, to control on an empty stomach but no case ... then telling me all the time that Tresiba is not to blame.And I, let's see I am telling you that before Lantus I had sugar through the clouds all day and that not even the rapid corrected me.Each person is a world, since I get Lantus, I have not had glycemia over 200 again and if it has been, with justification.This lady does not understand, and does not understand that when I am very high it affects me to the stomach and everything, there is no way.I do not know if to try a private endocrine or what because I am not very happy with those of social security the truth, I speak of those here from Menorca.I hope that in other places they are not so passage or general.Anyway, go show.

EstefaniaBC32
03/23/2022 12:17 p.m.

33 años.
Toujeo y Novorápid.

@Estefaniabc32, my daughter changed the Lantus in the morning, changed her life, the night hits were over and she covered her 24 hours because she could increase the dose a bit.
Endo told him that he could get at any time, that he found the best schedule.
You can advance it two hours every day and put it in the morning.That that nurse is updated a bit.
The Lantus curve is softer the last hours.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
03/23/2022 12:59 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)

regina said:
@estefaniabc32, my daughter changed the lantus in the morning, changed her life, the night hits were over and she covered her 24 hours because she could increase thedose.
You can advance it two hours every day and put it in the morning.That that nurse is updated a bit.

Thank you!I have tried at noon to see how ... is that in the morning I was trying it and it did not finish dawn well on an empty stomach ... it does not cover me 24h.I think eating time is good time to see how.Thank you very much for the tips: Smile:

EstefaniaBC32
03/23/2022 1:48 p.m.

33 años.
Toujeo y Novorápid.

@Estefaniabc32, if you wake up high, you can upload doses, as long as you don't have hypos ..

Regina's profile photo
Regina
03/23/2022 5:27 p.m.

estefaniabc32 said:
regina said:
@estefaniabc32, my daughter changed the lantus in the morning, changed her life, the hypos ofNight and covered him 24 hours because he could increase the dose a bit.

Thank you!I have tried at noon to see how ... is that in the morning I was trying it and it did not finish dawn well on an empty stomach ... it does not cover me 24h.I think eating time is good time to see how.Thank you very much for the tips: Smile:

Is that doctors/nurses sometimes look like machines.They do not realize that each one is different.You see until you are with the solution, because they seem to be not going to find you ...

isabelbota's profile photo
isabelbota
03/23/2022 8:49 p.m.

DM 2 con páncreas agotado desde diciembre 2020. 51 años entonces.
HG diciembre 2020: 15.9. Última HG: julio 2024 5.8
Abasaglar 9 unidades. Metformina, 1000/0/1000. Humalog junior: 2 unid en desayuno y luego en función de lo que coma.

Isabelbota said:
estefaniabc32 said:
regina said:
regina said:
@estefaniabc32, my daughter change the lantus to theTomorrow, he changed his life, the night hits were over and covered 24 hours because he could increase the dose a bit.

Is that doctors/nurses sometimes look like machines.They do not realize that each one is different.You see trying until the solution, because they seem to be not going to find it ...

I am really very sad today ... I have felt humiliated with her way of treating me, as if I didn't do things well ... Upside down, I worry too much, I just want to find a way of being stable and they onlyThey give solutions that get worse, always generalizing, and do not understand that, that each person is a world ...

EstefaniaBC32
03/23/2022 8:55 p.m.

33 años.
Toujeo y Novorápid.

estefaniabc32 said:
Isabelbota said:
estefaniabc32 said:
estefaniabc32 said:

Endo told him that he could get at any time, to find the best schedule.

Is that doctors/nurses sometimes look like machines.They do not realize that each one is different.You see trying until the solution, because they seem to be not going to find it ...

I am really very sad today ... I have felt humiliated with her way of treating me, as if I didn't do things well ... Upside down, I worry too much, I just want to find a way of being stable and they onlyThey give solutions that get worse, always generalizing, and do not understand that, that each person is a world ...

Don't go to get sad for them ...
Do not pay attention.Your health is yours and you will have to do things as you better go.In the end I have learned everything on my own.My doctor told me nothing (that I ate less quantity), they have not sent me nurses or nutritionists or anything at all.
And seen what is almost better.It only was missing that they depressed me.
You do not worry, that everything has a solution and you will find it.Go testing things.And you will see how in the forum they help you a lot.There are very good advisors.

isabelbota's profile photo
isabelbota
03/23/2022 9:16 p.m.

DM 2 con páncreas agotado desde diciembre 2020. 51 años entonces.
HG diciembre 2020: 15.9. Última HG: julio 2024 5.8
Abasaglar 9 unidades. Metformina, 1000/0/1000. Humalog junior: 2 unid en desayuno y luego en función de lo que coma.

Isabelbota said:
estefaniabc32 said:
isabelbota said:
isabelbota said:
regina said:
regina said:
regina said:
regina said:
regina said:
regina said:
regina said:
regina said:
@estefaniabc32, my daughter changed the lantus in the morning, changed her life, ended her night hits and covered her 24 hours because she could increase aLittle the dose.
Endo told him that he could get at any time, to find the best schedule.

Don't go to get sad for them ...
Do not pay attention.Your health is yours and you will have to do things as you better go.In the end I have learned everything on my own.My doctor told me nothing (that I ate less quantity), they have not sent me nurses or nutritionists or anything at all.
And seen what is almost better.It only was missing that they depressed me.
You do not worry, that everything has a solution and you will find it.Go testing things.And you will see how in the forum they help you a lot.There are very good advisors.

Thanks a lot.The truth is that since I am in this forum I have found better solutions than in health centers.And yes, I shouldn't get depressed, in the end nobody knows my body better than me ... And I get a lot to do things well to take unnecessary bronks or ugly.Thanks really 🙏 A kiss!

EstefaniaBC32
03/23/2022 9:19 p.m.

33 años.
Toujeo y Novorápid.

@Estefaniabc32, we are watching tomorrow night, much more than any doctor can do.So of our own control we know more than anyone.
Doctors see analytical and diagnose, but the day -to -day control is ours.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
03/24/2022 3:36 a.m.

Estefanía, if you are not satisfied with the treatment of your nurse, request change to another.It is not a receipt that, in addition to not helping you with the treatment (since the change of insulin that you have recommended is not working) emotionally sinks you with your treatment.
The forum is a very useful tool, because you learn from the experience of others, but it is essential that you accompany you a good professional and that you connect with him/her.You have to give you both medical and personal confidence, that the consultation is not a bad drink.

Ensalada's profile photo
Ensalada
03/24/2022 8:59 a.m.

LADA desde septiembre de 2021
Toujeo y Fiasp
Aprendiendo

@Estefaniabc32 Lantus does not cover 24 hours, you will need a minimum 2 -hour reinforcement.
When I used it, I put 10 you at night, about 22:00 and 2 reinforcement at 10:00 hours.
If you put it at noon, at 12:00, before going to sleep 2ud test more reinforcement to get up well.
There are people in this forum who put it at 19:00 and thus before going to sleep they have seen the peak of action and can act.
Basal insulins are supposed to be 24 hours, so it doesn't matter if you put it at night, morning or afternoon.

If they gave me diabetological education and a good endocrine, but where I have learned the most it was here, in this forum and testing with my body.

To that nurse ..... Not even good morning ..... only the endocrine can guide you, the nurses are not qualified for it, they did not study medicine.They can "advise" where to put the insulin, to eat, the rotations to avoid lipodystrophy ... but nothing more.The doses, the number of glucose strips, prescribe the sensor, change schedules, types of insulin, always a doctor entitled in endocrinology.

You have been diabetic for 24 years ... you know much more than any nurse who attends you;The lessons give them you, not she.I have only been 7 years and my header who is a sun always tells me that he learns a lot with me when he asks me things and I explain how I see it and how I act in certain situations.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
03/24/2022 9:16 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

ruthbia said:
@estefaniabc32 lantus does not cover 24 hours, you will need a minimum 2 -hour reinforcement at 12 hours.
When I used it, I put 10 you at night, about 22:00 and 2 reinforcement at 10:00 hours.
If you put it at noon, at 12:00, before going to sleep 2ud test more reinforcement to get up well.
There are people in this forum who put it at 19:00 and thus before going to sleep they have seen the peak of action and can act.
Basal insulins are supposed to be 24 hours, so it doesn't matter if you put it at night, morning or afternoon.

If they gave me diabetological education and a good endocrine, but where I have learned the most it was here, in this forum and testing with my body.

To that nurse ..... Not even good morning ..... only the endocrine can guide you, the nurses are not qualified for it, they did not study medicine.They can "advise" where to put the insulin, to eat, the rotations to avoid lipodystrophy ... but nothing more.The doses, the number of glucose strips, prescribe the sensor, change schedules, types of insulin, always a doctor entitled in endocrinology.

You have been diabetic for 24 years ... you know much more than any nurse who attends you;The lessons give them you, not she.I have only been ahead of me for 7 years and my header always tells me that he learns a lot with me when he asks me things and I explain how I see it and how I act in certain situations.

Hi Ruthbia, thank you very much for your message.Well look yesterday I tried to put it at the time of eating (always as from 13 to 14h) and I have dawned at 91. I had to eat something before bed, since I was at 81. I do not know if I should lower the dose or simply peck somethingBefore bed.I think that at the moment I have done well, I have not had nocturnal hypoglycemia that is the fear I had ... And yes, to the nurse or the truth.I am choosing to go to a private endocrine, perhaps the attention is more individual to be paying I do not know ... but social security does not like how the truth is working.And if ... my nurse does not have much idea.The sensor has put it to me and it has been she who has decided when, something that I do not understand.The endocrine told me that I needed a sensor, but the nurse did not want to put it on until she did not see it appropriate .. I do not understand anything, the thing works here in Menorca at least: neutral: neutral:

EstefaniaBC32
03/24/2022 9:51 a.m.

33 años.
Toujeo y Novorápid.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.