{'en': 'Lantus and nocturnal hypoglycemia', 'es': 'Lantus e hipoglucemia nocturna'} Image

Lantus and nocturnal hypoglycemia

EstefaniaBC32's profile photo   03/22/2022 9:38 a.m.

estefaniabc32 said:
ruthbia said:
@estefaniabc32 lantus does not cover 24 hours, you will need a minimum 2 -hour reinforcement at 12 hours.
When I used it, I put 10 you at night, about 22:00 and 2 reinforcement at 10:00 hours.
If you put it at noon, at 12:00, before going to sleep 2ud test more reinforcement to get up well.
There are people in this forum who put it at 19:00 and thus before going to sleep they have seen the peak of action and can act.
Basal insulins are supposed to be 24 hours, so it doesn't matter if you put it at night, morning or afternoon.

If they gave me diabetological education and a good endocrine, but where I have learned the most it was here, in this forum and testing with my body.

To that nurse ..... Not even good morning ..... only the endocrine can guide you, the nurses are not qualified for it, they did not study medicine.They can "advise" where to put the insulin, to eat, the rotations to avoid lipodystrophy ... but nothing more.The doses, the number of glucose strips, prescribe the sensor, change schedules, types of insulin, always a doctor entitled in endocrinology.

You have been diabetic for 24 years ... you know much more than any nurse who attends you;The lessons give them you, not she.I have only been ahead of me for 7 years and my header always tells me that he learns a lot with me when he asks me things and I explain how I see it and how I act in certain situations.

Hi Ruthbia, thank you very much for your message.Well look yesterday I tried to put it at the time of eating (always as from 13 to 14h) and I have dawned at 91. I had to eat something before bed, since I was at 81. I do not know if I should lower the dose or simply peck somethingBefore bed.I think that at the moment I have done well, I have not had nocturnal hypoglycemia that is the fear I had ... And yes, to the nurse or the truth.I am choosing to go to a private endocrine, perhaps the attention is more individual to be paying I do not know ... but social security does not like how the truth is working.And if ... my nurse does not have much idea.The sensor has put it to me and it has been she who has decided when, something that I do not understand.The endocrine told me that I needed a sensor, but the nurse did not want to put it on until she did not see it appropriate .. I do not understand anything, so the thing works here in Menorca at least: neutral:

It seems incredible that endo send you the sensor and the nurse decide when ...
I do not like the private theme because it can't prescribe you (paying yes, of course) and in the end it is a mess.It is best to be in Social Security because this is forever.
His thing is to change the nurse.

isabelbota's profile photo
isabelbota
03/24/2022 10:59 p.m.

DM 2 con páncreas agotado desde diciembre 2020. 51 años entonces.
HG diciembre 2020: 15.9. Última HG: julio 2024 5.8
Abasaglar 9 unidades. Metformina, 1000/0/1000. Humalog junior: 2 unid en desayuno y luego en función de lo que coma.

estefaniabc32 said:
The nurse has told me to continue at night and that the dose goes down ...
They are a little fed up, they do not understand that each person is a world.I think that clicking at noon would be good for me or says no .. Anyway

I use ABASAGLAR, they told me to put it at night, 15 units, but they gave me a lot of hypos at dawn, so I changed it at 8´00 a.m.And I have not repeated them again.Of course, recently they have lowered it to 13 because I was passing from hypos during the day, now I have stabilized a lot.

Cassie's profile photo
Cassie
07/07/2022 1:19 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

@Cassie, my daughter changed radical when she started putting her in the morning.When he put it at night he had nocturnal hypos and, if he went down dose, he climbed in the afternoon.
The endocrine told him to try the time that was best, that he could get at any time.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
07/07/2022 11:22 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.