{'en': 'Glycosilad and freestyle', 'es': 'Glicosilada y freestyle'} Image

Glycosilad and freestyle

anabela's profile photo   04/26/2022 9:49 p.m.

Good night.

To those who are users of the Freestyle 2 sensor, a doubt: among the different values ​​offered by the free app one is an approach to glycosylated hemoglobin.

He currently tells me that this value is 6.5% and today in my endocrine consultation he has performed a capillary test and has given me a value of 7.5%.

Has this difference of a point between one and the other occurred?

I was thinking that my graphics were acceptable and I have left the consultation quite contrary to the value of capillary glycosilada.

Thank you!

anabela's profile photo
anabela
04/26/2022 9:49 p.m.

DM 1 desde el siglo pasado :) (agosto 1998).
Bomba Accuchek Aviva Combo con novorapid de mayo 2015 a mayo 2023. Tras probar unos meses la bomba medtronic 780g vuelvo a las plumas hasta dar con una bomba que se ajuste a mí (y yo a ella)
Freestyle libre 2 desde octubre 2020.
También con gastritis autoinmune.

@anabela, because that was my fear, but my daughter of 5.9 in the Free rose only to 6.1 in the analytics.., What does note are much lower values ​​in the sensor the last two days ..
Anyway, the consultation test can also deviate ..
The sensor will have to be monitored more because a point is a lot of difference.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
04/27/2022 12:06 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

I usually obtain quite similar values ​​(a higher tad in analytics).Also try to look at those that appear in the reports of Libreview (in the AGP report).I believe that those must take into account some more data and, in the glucose management indicator (GMI), a closest value appears, which is not the same as the one that shows the sensor and usually adjusts more to reality.

Carussa's profile photo
Carussa
04/27/2022 12:09 p.m.

DM1 desde octubre de 2019 | Toujeo + Fiasp | FreeStyle | febrero 2023: HbA1c 5,7

The Free always gives me 5.2 and the analytics have given me 5.9, 5.6 and 5.8.Never so much difference.
TB It is true that endo told me that the differences were greater the higher the value, but it still looks a lot.

isabelbota's profile photo
isabelbota
04/27/2022 12:35 p.m.

DM 2 con páncreas agotado desde diciembre 2020. 51 años entonces.
HG diciembre 2020: 15.9. Última HG: julio 2024 5.8
Abasaglar 9 unidades. Metformina, 1000/0/1000. Humalog junior: 2 unid en desayuno y luego en función de lo que coma.

Thank you very much for answering.From what I see, in general, the laboratory or capillary test usually gives higher than the one offered by Free, but not as much difference as in my case.I will take a look more calmly at the information offered by the application on the computer, to see if I find the cause.
Another option would be that I mesed a few times and that they "escape" high values ​​that then raise the glycosilada.I just looked at it and puts 12 scanning a day in the last 90 days, are you a few, do you do more?

anabela's profile photo
anabela
04/27/2022 1:42 p.m.

Bomba Accuchek Aviva Combo con novorapid de mayo 2015 a mayo 2023. Tras probar unos meses la bomba medtronic 780g vuelvo a las plumas hasta dar con una bomba que se ajuste a mí (y yo a ella)

Let's see, to me the free gives me over.
Last week 6.3 the Free, Diabox 5.9 and in blood (they made me analytical) 5.9.
Of course Diabox allows to calibrate and gives better ratios.
12 scanning is fine, cover 100% because Free turns the data of the last 8 hours.
Try to install Diabox on the mobile.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
04/27/2022 1:45 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

anabela said:
Thank you very much for answering.From what I see, in general, the laboratory or capillary test usually gives higher than the one offered by Free, but not as much difference as in my case.I will take a look more calmly at the information offered by the application on the computer, to see if I find the cause.
Another option would be that I mesed a few times and that they "escape" high values ​​that then raise the glycosilada.I just looked at it and puts 12 scanning up to date in the last 90 days, are you a few, do you do more?

Free also takes into account the data between measurements, do not worry, as long as you do not miss more than 8 hours because what it exceeds is lost.

isabelbota
04/27/2022 3:22 p.m.

Abasaglar 9 unidades. Metformina, 1000/0/1000. Humalog junior: 2 unid en desayuno y luego en función de lo que coma.

Isabelbota said:
anabela said:
thank you very much for answering.From what I see, in general, the laboratory or capillary test usually gives higher than the one offered by Free, but not as much difference as in my case.I will take a look more calmly at the information offered by the application on the computer, to see if I find the cause.
Another option would be that I mesed a few times and that they "escape" high values ​​that then raise the glycosilada.I just looked at it and puts 12 scanning up to date in the last 90 days, are you a few, do you do more?

Free also takes into account the data between measurements, do not worry, as long as you do not miss more than 8 hours because what it exceeds is lost.

Because in that case I understand less so much difference between one value and another.I came to think that the approximate glycosilada offered by Free only took into account the measurements you make.
Thank you very much equally.

anabela's profile photo
anabela
04/27/2022 4:10 p.m.

In our case the capillary always goes below.Normally in a 0.5.
The error in the capillary is +/- 0.3 at the theoretical level.
What I do not understand and asked Abbot but did not answer it (he did answer but did not answer the question), it is because the approximation to the mobile gyrus is not equal to the glycemia manage index of the freeview report.Does anyone know it?
The difference between the two is also 0.4.

evacf's profile photo
evacf
04/27/2022 8:50 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

@EVACF There are two formulas to calculate glycosilada.
The mobile app uses one and the AGP FreeView report another.Both start from the average glucose to 90 days.

It gives me the mobile 6.3% and the AGP 6.5%, but I already committed that I have 5.9% in blood that is the same that gives me Diabox.In Abbot's glucometer gives me lower and more close to the reality than the app, but they no longer sell gluconometers.

In 6 years all sensors measure me above the capillary.I consider them "good" if the difference is +/- 10mg/dl

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
04/28/2022 8:13 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

@Ruthbia, better measure above.My daughter tends to measure more under the sensor .., I don't know what depends on ..

Regina's profile photo
Regina
04/28/2022 9:45 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

carussa said:
I usually obtain quite similar values ​​(a higher tad in analytics).Also try to look at those that appear in the reports of Libreview (in the AGP report).I believe that those must take into account some more data and, in the glucose management indicator (GMI), a more approximate value appears, which is not the same as the one that shows the sensor and usually adjusts more to reality.Blockquote>

I have consulted in Libreview and gives me a value of 6.6% for the GMI.While in the mobile app of 6.5%, for the same period, the last 90 days.That is why I do not understand 7.5% of the capillary glycosilada.

anabela's profile photo
anabela
04/28/2022 10:12 a.m.

@anabela What average glucose gives you?

Look at this table

My real average is 117mg/dl at 90 days.

@Regina I don't know if it is better above than below, some scare I have led to rectifying that it was not such.In the end, capillaries must be made so as not to make mistakes and the bad thing is that they do not give them to change to sensor.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
04/28/2022 12:52 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

ruthbia said:

Look at this table

@Regina I don't know if it is better above than below, some scare I have led to rectifying that it was not such.In the end you have to make capillaries so as not to make mistakes and the bad thing is that they do not give them to change to sensor.

139 mg/dl, which coincides with 6.6% of LibreView according to the table.I don't know, my endocrine was also surprised by 7.5% capillary.I have a review in 2 months, to see if by then it does not give me so much difference between them, because it is the first time it happens to me since I have the freestyle sensor.

anabela's profile photo
anabela
04/28/2022 3:16 p.m.

In our case upside down, a capillary gly of 4.9 when the 2 freeview data were 5.4 up.I told the endocrine that I didn't believe it.It comes from a single test while freeview values ​​come from many values ​​so I give them greater validity.Also knowing that some sensor comes out frog

evacf's profile photo
evacf
04/28/2022 9:26 p.m.

ruthbia said:

Look at this table

@Regina I don't know if it is better above than below, some scare I have led to rectifying that it was not such.In the end you have to make capillaries so as not to make mistakes and the bad thing is that they do not give them to change to sensor.

I had not noticed.On mobile it gives me 5.3, LibreLink 5.7.Have you thought about the explanation of the difference?I don't see meaning.

isabelbota
04/29/2022 10:06 a.m.

evacf said:
in our case upside down, a capillary gyrose of 4.9 when the 2 freeview data were from 5.4 up.I told the endocrine that I didn't believe it.It comes from a single test while freeview values ​​come from many values ​​so I give them greater validity.Also knowing that some sensor comes out frog

Yes, we think my endocrine and I, that the capillary test to see the glycosilada was wrong.Because so much difference does not have much explanation.We will see in the following.

anabela's profile photo
anabela
04/29/2022 11:14 a.m.

According to my pediatrician, those who walk with freestyle must look mainly on the percentage of time that we are in "target period", rather than in glycosity values, since the latter is an average.
You could have normal values ​​with very high sugar measures combined with very low and result in a normal average and obviously would not be well controlled, although glycosity appears "normal."

Artistak's profile photo
Artistak
04/29/2022 3:40 p.m.

I ask, what do we trust?of the average that gives you a lot of devices and applications or glyc that your red globules give every 90 days?Because I from mathematics or idea and my body less, but if in 90 days I am on the average I am on the average and my organism is in the average, unless I get up at 500 I correct me and end in 25

Alberto_13's profile photo
Alberto_13
04/29/2022 3:49 p.m.

DM3c desde 2018; hb 6 % (feb.. 2022) (tresiba+fiasp+metformina)

I look a little everything.The HBA1C test that makes me every three months, of course, but also the statistics that provide me with the sensor (in my case Dexcom).
Even though they help a lot, and that is what I always discuss with the doctor.
For example, in addition to the average, I really like to look at the typical deviation and the % that I am inside the range.
For those who do not know much about mates, the typical deviation only tells us, in a simple plan, how much we are 'regularly' below that average.For example, I now have an average of 119, but a typical deviation of 30 mg/dl.That is a relevant fact, because it means that "normally" I usually be within a range of 119-30 (= 89) and 119+30 (= 149).An average of 119 is not the same with typical deviation of 30, q an average of 119 but with a typical deviation of 50!That would mean that one has moved in a very wide range of 119-50 (= 69) and 119+50 (= 169).Great oscillations and peaks.
The best thing is an average close to 100 (we cannot pretend those that we have dt1 being at 100!) And a typical deviation not very high, which means a range of oscillation of the sugar in "reasonable" blood

A good weekend to all

jldiazdel's profile photo
jldiazdel
04/29/2022 4:43 p.m.

DM1 desde Marzo 2018 (53 años). 7-10 unidades basal: Abasaglar (insulina glargina). NovoRapid. Factor 1.0/1.5.
Vivo en Alemania. CarboH total dia 70-80 gr. Deporte Gym todos dias L-V 1h-2 h
HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.