{'en': 'Testarudo diabetic', 'es': 'Diabético testarudo'} Image

Testarudo diabetic

12mas37's profile photo   05/12/2022 6:02 p.m.

Good afternoon,

I debuted as a young patient from DM1 back in 1985. At that time, my only reference was my father (DM1 from the twenty) and my only guide an endocrinologist of the old school.First with insulin of animal origin and reactive strips to measure blood glucose in urine, then with regular humulin and NPH first in vials and then rechargeable feathers, the first glucometers, and later already with disposable feathers but combining fast and NPH for many years.

During the first years I used the disease as an excuse not to do the things that people of my age did.He went for a walk alone and resolved hypoglycemia based on sugar lumps, but with fair knowledge.Following some imprudence and after making contact with the world of hiking, I started taking things more seriously.My stubbornness kept me combining rapid daytime and night mix to avoid the dreaded fourth puncture (the basal) to date quite recent, when I had been living and even traveling alone for a while.

Finally I gave my arm to twist and went through Lantus, Toujeo and finally Tresiba.I keep walking a lot, I swim to keep my back (I have an disc herniation) and I radically oppose the pump and even the sensors, although I have had the hemoglobin at 7.3 for a long season.

At the beginning of the year I ceded and tried free 2 for two fair months.It served me to become aware of a few vices, correct them and go down to 7.0 in the last analytics.But, as I say, after having tried it and with knowledge of the cause, I have renounced the sensor, and that in Catalonia is 100%financed.

At the edge of fulfilling half a century, with no more complications than the classic erection problems, I continue to trust my life to both feathers, the glucometer and the lumps that continue to populate my pocket.

Greetings!

12mas37's profile photo
12mas37
05/12/2022 6:02 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Welcome to forum @12mas37

Sure you can contribute many useful experiences and reflections

The subject sensors and people with diabetes since we have commented on several issues.I have a friend who has DM1 since I was 4 years old and now he has 56. I think he beats you.And she has not even tried to put on a sensor and that gives her a couple of sensors.Not for those.

For those who have started too late, like me, the sensor is extremely useful.It does not overwhelm me, the opposite.I have learned to use it, not to abuse it, look at it when it corresponds, not about reacting, etc.It allows me to do exactly the same sport and life that I did before.I did and still skiing in the background.You imagine at least 10 degrees a classic glycemia control!Everything is possible, but I don't think it's very nice.It is an example.The sensor allows me to live more or less as before.The sensor substantially improves control but you have to know how to use it and not overwhelm.Maybe with Abbott's next, Free Style 3, you dare.I use a sensor Q in Spain is not financed, Dexcom, which works very well.I've been with him for three years, and only one went wrong.The average error is more/less 10 with capillary.And it can be calibrate.

But if you have good control and you are comfortable, still without a sensor.You know better that nobody as your body works after so many years with diabetes.

All the best

jldiazdel's profile photo
jldiazdel
05/12/2022 6:27 p.m.

DM1 desde Marzo 2018 (53 años). 7-10 unidades basal: Abasaglar (insulina glargina). NovoRapid. Factor 1.0/1.5.
Vivo en Alemania. CarboH total dia 70-80 gr. Deporte Gym todos dias L-V 1h-2 h
HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

For me the sensor is already vital, you go one step ahead of the disease, any hyper or hypic can foresee it with the sensor, but each one is different

Rogerix's profile photo
Rogerix
05/12/2022 11:28 p.m.

The sensor is a great advance, I do not deny that ... but I have found it very imprecise in high glycemias (greater than 200), for which I move during a good part of the day, and little useful in the casualties,since I detect hypoglycemia long before him.I know that interstitial glycemia goes with delay, that each new sensor gains precision with the passage of a few days and that the really valuable is the trend indicator, but in the end I hindered me several times throughout the day: sleeping, in thePool, during sex ... and reduced my five or six habitual capillary blood glucose measurements to a minimum of three, which really did not give me a great benefit.

12mas37's profile photo
12mas37
05/13/2022 8:18 a.m.

I tried a few months when it left in 2014 and I also left it.Whenever I announced a descent, I punctured me and nothing, at 80-90-100 or even more.

Then I was very bothered to have it stuck and stuck all day.

Even so, I am doubting whether to give the new smallest a chance.

Sherpa41's profile photo
Sherpa41
05/14/2022 12:56 a.m.

En 1922 descubrieron la insulina, en 1930 la insulina lenta. ¿Que c*** han hecho desde entonces?

@12mas37 The sensor helps a lot, much but if you are looking for precision, forget, or glucose strips either.You have to look at trends and ranges, not in the precise value.

To achieve the closest to reality, a medium that allows calibration such as Dexcon is needed.

There are sensors that do not work well and others that approach quite well to the capillary (which is not the real measure in blood either)
When I have analytics, I measure me with everything and then compare: capillary, app, glycometer free, diabox and none gives the blood measure.

I can live without a sensor, but surely the glycosilad

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
05/14/2022 11:46 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Well, without the MCG, I put myself with my nerves, I know that it is not necessary or perfectly accurate, that does not care much, what I care is to be able to consult quickly as I am at a certain moment, and plan to plan whatThat I have to do or not, avoid hypos and better control the hyper.

I have used the Dexcom G4 and G5, now the free freestyle 2, the data has been exact in the case, even so, I strongly recommend its use ... I do not imagine managing type 1 diabetes "Ancient", with punctures inThe fingers, I remember that his fingers had so badly, that although he metóctically rotated the punctures, on some finger, just by squeezing a little, blood came out of a previous puncture ... for me, that was not life!

I hope the MCG continues, smaller, more comfortable, almost invisible ... that would be great ... at least, as long as we have no cure!

fer's profile photo
fer
05/16/2022 2:56 p.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

Oysters ... but how many times a day do you look at yourself?I five or six, sometimes less if I have a clear hypoglycemia or more if it is a complicated day, but in general a 50 or 10 -day boat lasts.

12mas37's profile photo
12mas37
05/16/2022 4:57 p.m.

I do not use, ever when the sensor changed to calibrate it in Diabox.
When I used strips, 6 minimum and some more if I felt rare

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
05/16/2022 5:17 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

12mas37 said:
oysters ... but how many times a day do you look at yourself?I five or six, sometimes less if I have a clear hypoglycemia or more if it is a complicated day, but in general a 50 or 10 -day boat.

I also spent days without looking at it, if I didn't notice anything weird, I never ate the coconut with diabetes

andrespmat's profile photo
andrespmat
05/16/2022 6:41 p.m.

And I've been diabetic for 20 years

andrespmat's profile photo
andrespmat
05/16/2022 6:41 p.m.

Now with free2 if the sensor is good we can do about 4 or 5 capillaries the first day and then not until the sensor ends.Unless there are beasts up or down that then we do capillary

evacf's profile photo
evacf
05/16/2022 8:57 p.m.

12mas37 said:
good afternoon,

I debuted as a young patient from DM1 back in 1985. At that time, my only reference was my father (DM1 from the twenty) and my only guide an endocrinologist of the old school.First with insulin of animal origin and reactive strips to measure blood glucose in urine, then with regular humulin and NPH first in vials and then rechargeable feathers, the first glucometers, and later already with disposable feathers but combining fast and NPH for many years.

During the first years I used the disease as an excuse not to do the things that people of my age did.He went for a walk alone and resolved hypoglycemia based on sugar lumps, but with fair knowledge.Following some imprudence and after making contact with the world of hiking, I started taking things more seriously.My stubbornness kept me combining rapid daytime and night mix to avoid the dreaded fourth puncture (the basal) to date quite recent, when I had been living and even traveling alone for a while.

Finally I gave my arm to twist and went through Lantus, Toujeo and finally Tresiba.I keep walking a lot, I swim to keep my back (I have an disc herniation) and I radically oppose the pump and even the sensors, although I have had the hemoglobin at 7.3 for a long season.

At the beginning of the year I ceded and tried free 2 for two fair months.It served me to become aware of a few vices, correct them and go down to 7.0 in the last analytics.But, as I say, after having tried it and with knowledge of the cause, I have renounced the sensor, and that in Catalonia is 100%financed.

At the edge of fulfilling half a century, with no more complications than the classic erection problems, I continue to trust my life to both feathers, the glucometer and the lumps that continue to populate my pocket.

Greetings!

Here one who has been in this for 54 years, discovered it as a good child.

Hey, yourself.The best treatment is the bomb without a doubt, but if you manage with retardations (or whatever, I have already lost myself), well for you.Now, 7 is a little high, but I see that you know.Nor is it very high.

As for the sensor, then hear the same.I find it useful, but it is true that you can become obsessed with him and for that he is not.It is to look at it every 2 hours, more or less the same as if you make 6-8 capillaries per day, but much easier and more discreet.Ideally, towards what we walk, but it is not yet, it would be a system that would be regulated only with a sensor+bomb and leave us alone.It will come, I trust to see it.

And two issues that I want to ask you, that intrigue me:

The lumps, well used, is not at all evil.Although refined sugar does not provide a persistent glymia climb, it is of course as fast.My question: How do you not carry the pockets full of powdered sugar?When I was a child, and until adolescence, my mother wrapped the lumps in student paper, with total success until you opened it for the first time, and partial later.Now I wear extra sweet cookie boxes.

And the erections.Do you think your problems are due to diabetes?I have married 3 times and I still fuck more or less regularly.From 55, it shows that the thing, which had been declining continuously from 35, already reaches somewhat low levels, but hey, we are still scoring high.Do you think yours is due to diabetes?I think it happens to everyone, look for example in that obsession that everyone has for blue pills.

You will tell me what you think, if you thinkgood.All the best,

Cristóbal Cortés's profile photo
Cristóbal Cortés
05/22/2022 7:08 p.m.

I LOVE THE TESTARUDO @12MAS37
Sensor without capillary, for my case, it is a danger.I have long been trying to decipher if it is the ABBOTT brand or the type of interstitial measurement that does not match, but it is already clear to me that the freestyle underneath.But well, worse it would be that sometimes it marked the top of the capillary and sometimes below.There I go crazy!There are sensors that have differences of 40-50, others of 20, others of 10, that only knows with the capillary, but having the magnitude of the bias is already.
The sensor serves me for the trend, to visualize patterns and gives me a quick idea of ​​glucose level, always knowing that it marks you below the real value.It is necessary to calibrate.
What is true is that you are more aware of your glycemia with the MCG and eat your head 24/7.Without MCG Diabetes is only possible to take it with a routine life (and even with MCG there is also some routine), meals and exercise at such and which hours, only certain meals, etc.The MCG allows you to eat a dish of raviol every so often or have beer at some way out without spending so much guilt, it makes it easy for you to measure sugar in the middle of a meeting of friends, exercise and stop to see your sugar level.When the MCG were not up to stop xa to measure themselves ..
There is something true, and that is that diabetes makes you more aware of the importance of a better quality of life, sooner or later you begin to take care of yourself, although I think it would also take care of me without diabetes that consciously aware of it ..

Sami's profile photo
Sami
05/22/2022 7:43 p.m.

For me it has been a great advance, diagnosed in 82, I also started late with the basal, but since the beginning I was already with 4 doses a day.The capillaries ... I used them little, sporadic .. then linked them in the marras librettite .... with the few one week controls, I scored them in a single day, to create a 6 punctures profile ....And my endocrine, silly was not, and gave me the anger, what holy patience I had ... now now with the sensor I make me capikares the first 2 or 3 days and very promptly for hiccups or hyper.

Merchedm's profile photo
Merchedm
05/22/2022 8:16 p.m.

Cristóbal Cortés said:

The lumps, well used, is not at all evil.Although refined sugar does not provide a persistent glymia climb, it is of course as fast.My question: How do you not carry the pockets full of powdered sugar?When I was a child, and until adolescence, my mother wrapped the lumps in student paper, with total success until you opened it for the first time, and partial later.Now I carry extra sweet cookie boxes.

I myself wrapped them in aluminum, normally two by two, until I got died that the lumps ended up impregnated with metal particles because of friction (sometimes they spent days in my pockets without needing them).From there I went to those who were wrapped in paper and who are getting more and more to find, but the paper broke with the rubbing.I currently put the few that I get wrapped in paper and some that my girlfriend patiently wrapped in a film paper in a cloth bag that I carry in my pocket.

12mas37's profile photo
12mas37
05/23/2022 9:06 a.m.

@12mas37 of Spanish sugar sell them in paper tubes in the Super.They are oranges.

I use the ones that give me the coffees, but much better pictolin candies of a lifetime, the sugar ends up tired and the glucose envelopes my stomach does not tolerate them well, the additives for the taste feel bad in all the products.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
05/23/2022 9:11 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

ruthbia said:
@12mas37 of Spanish sugar they sell them in tubes of paper in the super.They are oranges.

Before the pandemic they could still find themselves, but since then, at least in the supermarkets of Barcelona, ​​they are only envelopes of powdered sugar or unbound lumps.I still keep some packages of two sugar lumps that are wrapped in paper, and I am in treasured those that I find in bars, hotels ...

I get the candies, if I have to take several in one of those fabulous days I prefer to be pure sugar, that it does not bring coloring or leaves me taste in my mouth.

12mas37's profile photo
12mas37
05/23/2022 10:37 a.m.

In Starbucks you can supply without problems.Sometimes I give myself the whim of 2 jellyla when they give me hypos on the street, enter a Chinese and buy a bag of € 1, the problem is not to give in to the temptation to eat the whole bag :)

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
05/23/2022 10:42 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

I carry two jelly and I keep them in the container (recycling) of the reactive strips.I have a boat in each bag and backpack, so that I never forget.I believe that two lumps fit without problems in that boat.

Ensalada's profile photo
Ensalada
05/23/2022 12:54 p.m.

LADA desde septiembre de 2021
Toujeo y Fiasp
Aprendiendo

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.