{'en': 'Beer and diabetes: Do you know how to calculate insulin?', 'es': 'Cerveza y diabetes: ¿Sabes cómo calcular la insulina?'} Image

Beer and diabetes: Do you know how to calculate insulin?

EstefaniaBC32's profile photo   05/29/2022 7:54 p.m.

Hello, good afternoon!

I have a question ... I consider myself a quite healthy person in terms of food and sport and weight all carbohydrates to try to control blood glucose levels.

But I also recognize that I like to hit a little girl once or two a month and I like to drink beer when I go out ...

What I do not know very well how I should do if I go one night and I want to take x beers, how I must manage insulin.

Would anyone know how to tell me?

Thanks a lot!

EstefaniaBC32's profile photo
EstefaniaBC32
05/29/2022 7:54 p.m.

Nunca es tarde para cuidarse... Empezando a aceptar la diabetes ahora.
33 años.
Diabética desde los 8 años.
Toujeo y Novorápid.
https://www.instagram.com/estefaniabc.27/

@Estefaniabc32

I count the pils type of 30 cl as a ration of carbohydrates and then you can calculate the insulin that you put according to your factors and situation.If you are moving or you will be sitting all the time.

The beer (their carbohydrates) enter very fast and how you will put the insulin at the time, when you see it, or later, it is normal that you make a peak in the sensor's graph.

Toasted beer has more carbohydrates and is already proof and error.Alcohol -free beer has much more carbohydrates but in general it comes on the label.

I prefer to make insulin of less and then adjust.

As an alternative you have the wine.Glycemia will not upload you!And you can also take (carefully) a gin combined with tonic light (without sugar) or rum with zero tail if you like it.You won't have to put insulin.Remember that an excess of alcohol can cause you a hypo at night.

Enjoy your outputs !!

jldiazdel's profile photo
jldiazdel
05/29/2022 9:05 p.m.

DM1 desde Marzo 2018 (53 años). 7-10 unidades basal: Abasaglar (insulina glargina). NovoRapid. Factor 1.0/1.5.
Vivo en Alemania. CarboH total dia 70-80 gr. Deporte Gym todos dias L-V 1h-2 h
HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

jldiazdel said:
@estefaniabc32

I count the pils type of 30 cl as a ration of carbohydrates and then you can calculate the insulin that you put according to your factors and situation.If you are moving or you will be sitting all the time.

The beer (their carbohydrates) enter very fast and how you will put the insulin at the time, when you see it, or later, it is normal that you make a peak in the sensor's graph.

Toasted beer has more carbohydrates and is already proof and error.Alcohol -free beer has much more carbohydrates but in general it comes on the label.

I prefer to make insulin of less and then adjust.

As an alternative you have the wine.Glycemia will not upload you!And you can also take (carefully) a gin combined with tonic light (without sugar) or rum with zero tail if you like it.You won't have to put insulin.Remember that an excess of alcohol can cause you a hypo at night.

Enjoy your outputs !!

That's right, the beer uploads the glucose and if it is a stout more, I need to put at least one unit if it is a small glass, instead with the wine I pass the insulin and I can even accompany it with a slight appetizer (LIGHT)

adrianasanz's profile photo
adrianasanz
05/30/2022 1:53 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

As it is an issue that interests us all, especially when we are facing summer, I also share here some issues in which we have commented on beer ... hehehehe ... what a vice !!!;)

Link
Link
Link
Link

fer's profile photo
fer
05/30/2022 5:08 p.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

To me the least upload me are the light, here in Spain there are not many but for example, the soft Steinburg of Mercadona would be one.
I have also noticed that gluten without less.

nigiri's profile photo
nigiri
05/31/2022 9:26 a.m.

DM1 desde 1990 - Fiasp y Toujeo - HG: 6,1

nigiri said:
The ones that get less are the lights, here in Spain there are not many but for example, the soft Steinburg of Mercadona would be one.
I have also noticed that gluten without less.

I have been surprised at the nutritional values ​​of this beer.It is very low in HC!
Is it good?I avoid drinking beer at dinner because it rises a lot.In food I tolerate it better.But this, which does not even reach a can of 33 is a bargain.

Link

Ensalada's profile photo
Ensalada
05/31/2022 9:42 a.m.

LADA desde septiembre de 2021
Toujeo y Fiasp
Aprendiendo

@nigiri I, like @ensalada, did not know the data about the few hydrates of this beer.The truth is that I have not taken one for a long time, because the glucose rises very quickly and it is not worth clicking insulin to take one.So I had gone to a glass of wine and voila.But the truth is that this is worth trying, even at home.
Do you know any other low hydrates beer, which can be asked out of home?

Carussa's profile photo
Carussa
05/31/2022 1:01 p.m.

DM1 desde octubre de 2019 | Toujeo + Fiasp | FreeStyle | febrero 2023: HbA1c 5,7

I also get the beer very fast and it gives me a lot of anger because I love 😓 My body asks me for more than one unit for cane or can, I see that most of them get a unit alone.I like the Gintonic also but it is so difficult to find a place where they have zero tonic 😭😭😭 and I liked white wine but I don't have very good experiences with him hahaha more than anything because it goes up very fast 😵🥴

EstefaniaBC32
05/31/2022 1:47 p.m.

33 años.
Toujeo y Novorápid.

estefaniabc32 said:
I also get the beer very fast and it is very angry because I love 😓 my body asks me for more than one unit by cane or canIt puts a unit alone.I like the Gintonic also but it is so difficult to find a place where they have zero tonic 😭😭😭 and I liked white wine but I don't have very good experiences with him hahaha more than anything because it goes up very fast 😵🥴

The wine does not rise, neither red nor white nor pink
It does not have HC, if you upload it, it is because it will be sweet wine, Moscatel, Porto or some other variety

pimbri's profile photo
pimbri
05/31/2022 2:37 p.m.

DM1 desde enero 2022, 29 años
Novorapid y Lantus
A1c: 6% (Abr 2022)
Freestyle 2

In fact, the wine low and you have to be careful with the hypos

isabelbota's profile photo
isabelbota
05/31/2022 2:45 p.m.

DM 2 con páncreas agotado desde diciembre 2020. 51 años entonces.
HG diciembre 2020: 15.9. Última HG: julio 2024 5.8
Abasaglar 9 unidades. Metformina, 1000/0/1000. Humalog junior: 2 unid en desayuno y luego en función de lo que coma.

pimbri said:
estefaniabc32 said:
I also get the beer very fast and it gives me a lotA unit by cane or can, I see that the majority get a unit alone.I like the Gintonic also but it is so difficult to find a place where they have zero tonic 😭😭😭 and I liked white wine but I don't have very good experiences with him hahaha more than anything because it goes up very fast 😵🥴

The wine does not rise, neither red nor white nor pink
It does not have HC, if you upload it, it is because it will be sweet wine, Moscatel, Porto or some other variety

I mean climbing that it makes me very drunk ... hahaha

EstefaniaBC32
05/31/2022 5:17 p.m.

33 años.
Toujeo y Novorápid.

I climbed immediately, I went to a bar with 2 friends and I was at 90 when I sat down and I asked for a glass of 33 cl, I had half a glass and at 15 MINS scanned with the sensor and gave me a value of 140, it carries a lotSugar beer, but you can put some insulin and control that glass, cool and with that foam, and that thirsty drink, which enters

Rogerix's profile photo
Rogerix
06/02/2022 12:40 a.m.

Beer does not have much sugar;It is rather little, but it has a very high glycemic index that makes it upload immediately.A 33cl glass is approximately 1.3 HC rations.
To prevent the curve from rising so pronounced, the trick is not to drink it with an empty stomach.First you take some olives, some almonds or a little cheese and, once you have a food base (without HC, you will not think of taking some fried potatoes or something with bread) you can taste your beer.With that you have compensated the glycemic index and will not rise so quickly.
The beer that Nigiri has suggested is very low in HC;The 33 Cl can does not even reach the half ration of hydrates but, of course, that is to take it at home because in the bars they will not put it.

Ensalada's profile photo
Ensalada
06/02/2022 8:59 a.m.

LADA desde septiembre de 2021
Toujeo y Fiasp
Aprendiendo

salad said:
beer does not have much sugar;It is rather little, but it has a very high glycemic index that makes it upload immediately.A 33cl glass is approximately 1.3 HC rations.
To prevent the curve from rising so pronounced, the trick is not to drink it with an empty stomach.First you take some olives, some almonds or a little cheese and, once you have a food base (without HC, you will not think of taking some fried potatoes or something with bread) you can taste your beer.With that you have compensated the glycemic index and will not rise so quickly.
The beer that Nigiri has suggested is very low in HC;The 33 CL tin does not reach half a ration of hydrates but, of course, that is to take it at home because in the bars they will not put it on.

Thank you very much for the trick.I will take it into account !!Yaa ... They should open special bars for diabetics hahaha what I find it to find a zero tonic to enjoy a good gintonic 😭😭 Sometimes what I do is take them in my bag and tell the waiters ... 😅

EstefaniaBC32
06/02/2022 9:44 a.m.

33 años.
Toujeo y Novorápid.

I once found a terrace in which they had a Zero tonic, my mother, what joy gave me!I took the gin tonic that has best known me in my life, hahaha
And with the white wine it happens to me like @Estefaniabc32: it rises very fast, but not the glucose, but at the head, so with a glass of one hundred in wind I go that chuto.

Carussa's profile photo
Carussa
06/02/2022 10:26 a.m.

DM1 desde octubre de 2019 | Toujeo + Fiasp | FreeStyle | febrero 2023: HbA1c 5,7

@ENSALADA referred to what has a high glycemic index and rises very fast and with an even more empty stomach

Rogerix's profile photo
Rogerix
06/02/2022 11:01 a.m.

For those of the Gintonics, I do not know if you have tried to take them with Seven Up (Yaaaa I know that it is not Gintonic) ...

I would say that most sites already have UP without sugar or sprite low in sugars (2g / 100 ml).At least where I move.

anif's profile photo
anif
06/02/2022 12:18 p.m.

DM2 (2019)

@anif, thanks for the note, although I don't know how it will be.

Carussa's profile photo
Carussa
06/02/2022 12:34 p.m.

The first thing is that diabetes should not determine so much the life of one.Because I am diabetic I have to give up beer or have to start drinking without alcohol?Have I to give up the Fanta?I have to give up ................ to live life and have in return the unpleasant sensation of sacrifice due to chronic disease and let myself take a depression ???No, I don't think so.Life is to live it and the only thing that diabetes must do is make me more cautious in my actions, have them more present and learn to live with her but not to change my life for her.
You learn, and you see that you must not give up anything.When worse it was when I resigned conditioned.I leave that thought of loss, that obsession with "her" that did not do me or do something that I did not feel like or wanted ......... and my mind was released.Today we live in Harmony and we have a beer (being aware of what we do) and other things and happy.Every day I take at least one beer and by the way about 33cl of beer between 1.2 and 1.5 rations of HC (it depends a little marks and based on the fact that barley is made), Ale, I drink a beer to his healthcompanions.

moñiño's profile photo
moñiño
06/05/2022 5:25 p.m.

Beer has hydrates of those who stick hard and last a lot.What you have to do is simple: calculate which dose controls it, and before each birra, insulin to singing, and at half an hour control.

Personally, a can or a glass of 33 cl.They come to equal between 1 and 1.5 rations.

Cristóbal Cortés's profile photo
Cristóbal Cortés
06/12/2022 2:27 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.