{'en': 'Beer and diabetes: Do you know how to calculate insulin?', 'es': 'Cerveza y diabetes: ¿Sabes cómo calcular la insulina?'} Image

Beer and diabetes: Do you know how to calculate insulin?

EstefaniaBC32's profile photo   05/29/2022 7:54 p.m.

One question: if I take 2 beers before eating and then as with some hydrates, when I shed?

diabestico's profile photo
diabestico
06/16/2022 9:41 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

@Diabestic you will have to calculate the insulin you need to cover the hydrates of the 2 beers plus the hydrates that contain what you are going to eat.That is, as always, you calculate the hydrates of what you eat, whether beer or something else.

Carussa's profile photo
Carussa
06/16/2022 10:29 a.m.

DM1 desde octubre de 2019 | Toujeo + Fiasp | FreeStyle | febrero 2023: HbA1c 5,7

Ok, thanks ... Then I picho when the beers drink me by calculating tb the food hydrates

diabestico
06/16/2022 10:55 a.m.

@diabestico good, it depends on what you are going to take to eat something else.That is, if you drink beers and food with hydrates at the same time, you put all the insulin that you consider necessary.If you are going to have the beers and take long to eat the other, get just insulin for beers.Then, later, you put the insulin corresponding to the food with hydrates.If you don't do so, I could give yourself a hiccup.Come on, apply the usual rules for any hydrates intake.

Carussa's profile photo
Carussa
06/16/2022 12:11 p.m.

DM1 desde octubre de 2019 | Toujeo + Fiasp | FreeStyle | febrero 2023: HbA1c 5,7

Yes, my assumption is the second, I will not eat immediately, I will do what you say thanks

diabestico
06/16/2022 12:37 p.m.

carussa said:
That is, if you drink beers and food with hydrates at the same time, you put all the insulin that you consider necessary.If you are going to have the beers and take long to eat the other, get just insulin for beers.Then, later, you put the insulin corresponding to the food with hydrates.If you don't do so, I could give yourself a hiccup.Come on, apply the usual rules for any hydrates intake.

I click on what clicks me before the beers, my sugar shoots a barbarity, I took one or two ... BFF and it is difficult to find bars with tonic 0 to enjoy a gintonic ... the rest of alcoholic beveragesI don't like them.Anyway, I can't control when this happens to me, thankfully I just drink beer once a week or so.

EstefaniaBC32's profile photo
EstefaniaBC32
06/18/2022 9:23 a.m.

Nunca es tarde para cuidarse... Empezando a aceptar la diabetes ahora.
33 años.
Diabética desde los 8 años.
Toujeo y Novorápid.
https://www.instagram.com/estefaniabc.27/

One more question: when you drink beers at the beginning of a banquet that lasts three hours or more, and also eats everything, when would you have to puncture?

diabestico
06/18/2022 10:37 a.m.

@diabestico, depends on the hydrates that you take, in that you have to have a little practice.
When they are long meals it is better to put two doses, one at the beginning and one for the dessert.
And if you before drink beer, put on a unit for that alone, if you are not low.
After the foods, because fats usually climb hours later.
Everything is learned, even if it does not always get perfect, it is better to fall a little short of insulin to be calm and enjoy it, which are rare extras.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
06/18/2022 11:01 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.