{'en': 'Digestion', 'es': 'Digestión'} Image

Digestion

chispairis's profile photo   03/28/2022 9:15 a.m.

Hello!

Today at breakfast I have eaten 70 grams of 100% integral integral bread and ham with a coffee without sugar milk.

After an hour of the digestion time, I was reading the sensor and marks me 206. I know that when the digestion ends it will go down and probably below 140.

Is it normal to go up so much?!

Should I get more insulin ???

Or just wait for the digestion to end and then click?

Thank you!!

chispairis's profile photo
chispairis
03/28/2022 9:15 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

@chispairie, if at two hours you are 140, you probably fix it waiting for a little more time between the fast and breakfast ...

Regina's profile photo
Regina
03/28/2022 10:37 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

As a protein bread, nothing goes up, I just put 2-3 units and it does not rise more than 140, to me the white bread or the one that makes me some high peaks

Rogerix's profile photo
Rogerix
03/28/2022 11:16 a.m.

@chispairis

It is important to look and know how much you were before breakfast to get an idea of ​​whether you need before breakfast put some more insulin.

In general it is normal to go up and as they tell you, you have to expect about two hours before thinking about corrections.If you do not wait for digestion, you can cause hypoglycemia if you apply a rapid correction you should not.You have to have some patience and wait.In fact I do not look at the sensor until the two-hours have not passed.

To avoid large climbing peaks you can try to put the fast insulin about 15 m before breakfast.

All the best

jldiazdel's profile photo
jldiazdel
03/28/2022 12:07 p.m.

DM1 desde Marzo 2018 (53 años). 7-10 unidades basal: Abasaglar (insulina glargina). NovoRapid. Factor 1.0/1.5.
Vivo en Alemania. CarboH total dia 70-80 gr. Deporte Gym todos dias L-V 1h-2 h
HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

spark said:
today at breakfast I have eaten 70 grams of 100% comprehensive bread and oil with ham along with a coffee without sugar milk.After an hour of the digestion time, I was reading the sensor and marks me 206. I know that when the digestion ends it will go down and probably below 140. Is it normal to go up so much?!Should I get more insulin ???Or just wait for the digestion to end and then click on?

That breakfast is exactly the same as mine.And today I have uploaded at the time of the intake to 206. When that happens to me, what I do is climb 10 stairs (in the office).Breakfast the same hydrates every working day and a few days give me super peak and others not.If I upload the fast insulin I do not reach food, it gives me hypoglycemia.So, what I try is to move a little and in the office lasted the stairs and voila.

Ensalada's profile photo
Ensalada
03/28/2022 12:18 p.m.

LADA desde septiembre de 2021
Toujeo y Fiasp
Aprendiendo

In my case it is to wait more between insulin and breakfast.If not, it makes breakfast before the insulin and therefore produces a high peak that then goes down when insulin takes its effect.I have breakfast at 30 minutes of having insulin and thus agree peaks.I suppose that in each person it will be different, but I tell how I solved that problem of moving from 200 that also happened to me.
As much insulin that we put on, if the effect does not match that of the climb, there will be picos, and after the climb can come a strong descent ...

By the way, in the end the white bread could not control it.It goes up so fast that I had to put the insulin an hour before to match the peaks, and it seemed even dangerous to wait for so long.So after trying many bread I stayed with one of seeds of the Mercadona who knows very well, similar to white and reduced the wait in half.I take half bun (40-50 gr) and with 2 units fast I go well.
The few times what breakfast was ... "insured drama", nor tripling quickly I avoid the peak ...

isabelbota's profile photo
isabelbota
03/28/2022 4:16 p.m.

DM 2 con páncreas agotado desde diciembre 2020. 51 años entonces.
HG diciembre 2020: 15.9. Última HG: julio 2024 5.8
Abasaglar 9 unidades. Metformina, 1000/0/1000. Humalog junior: 2 unid en desayuno y luego en función de lo que coma.

White bread is only rocket and in many coffee shops the integral behaves like white;o It has sugar or is very little integral.I am very good for the integrals of "mother yeast" that franchise that is spreading a lot.I take it from home and when I go to the cafeteria I only ask for coffee.
If I have to make full breakfast in cafeteria I ask for an omelet skewer and take a small bread of bread.It works better than the integral bread bar with ham.

Ensalada's profile photo
Ensalada
03/28/2022 4:25 p.m.

Toujeo y Fiasp
Aprendiendo

salad said:
White bread is only rocket and in many coffee shops the integral behaves like white;o It has sugar or is very little integral.I am very good for the integrals of "mother yeast" that franchise that is spreading a lot.I take it from home and when I go to the cafeteria I only ask for coffee.
If I have to make full breakfast in cafeteria I ask for an omelet skewer and take a small bread of bread.It works better than the integral bread bar with ham.

I have the problem with the whole grains is that they are very compact and weigh a lot and therefore bulge and seeing the toast so small I am very sorry 😂😂😂 and I am hungry.Psychological effect in part, because it is also that having less surface I can put less things on you.So when I found the seed, that I get up the same as the integral but "occupy" more, made me happy ...
It is that for the rest of the meals I do not need bread, but for breakfast ... it is unforgivable.

isabelbota
03/28/2022 10:24 p.m.

Abasaglar 9 unidades. Metformina, 1000/0/1000. Humalog junior: 2 unid en desayuno y luego en función de lo que coma.

I have tried all kinds of bread and with everyone I have a high.The integral also by the amount of hydrates, even if they are slow.

The only solution is to advance insulin before breakfast.

I wait for an hour and a half for breakfast, I have enough resistance in the morning and that I take 2 roasted protection bread and light soybean drink.About 8g of HC in total;If I put the insulin and I do not wait, I see a wonderful 250mg/dl plus the unbearable beeps.

The other option is to have breakfast after 10:00, as on weekends, I have no problems, I act in 5 min.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
03/29/2022 8:40 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

I breakfast at 11:00 at the office coffee stop.In the morning when I got up, I take a mondo tea and lirondo at 7:00.

I practice intermittent fasting of 13-14 hours from dinner, at 9:30 p.m.He already did before diabetes, in an attempt to maintain the weight and for the supposed benefits that fasting has on the body.Even so, it gives me a high, fortunately not until 250. Indeed, waiting a bit between the fast and breakfast (20 minutes) the peak is lower.

Ensalada's profile photo
Ensalada
03/29/2022 12:05 p.m.

Toujeo y Fiasp
Aprendiendo

salad said:
I breakfast at 11:00 at the office coffee stop.In the morning when I got up, I take a mondo tea and lirondo at 7:00.

I practice intermittent fasting of 13-14 hours from dinner, at 9:30 p.m.He already did before diabetes, in an attempt to maintain the weight and for the supposed benefits that fasting has on the body.Even so, it gives me a high, fortunately not until 250. Indeed, waiting a little between the fast and breakfast (20 minutes) the peak is lower.

And what breakfasts?Because I with all kinds of bread give me a horrible peak.How Ruthbia, I have a lot of insulin resistance in the morning and it costs a lot that I get off, I wear it an hour or more before and yet, sometimes I am not in 100, which is recommended at most to start eating.In addition, this resistance will come with the alba effect and it is horrible, sometimes insulin looks like water.
With the Aldi protein bread, much better, but being processed alimrontos, I wonder if they are quite good.

meginer's profile photo
meginer
03/31/2022 5:31 p.m.

Hello in case someone serves, I usually have breakfast this bread of Carrefour.(Protein K).It has 3gr of Ch by slice and the truth that is controlled very well.

Josemibi's profile photo
Josemibi
03/31/2022 6:06 p.m.

Db1 desde Diciembre 2007.
Fiasp y Tresiba.
FreeStyle Libre 2

meginer said:
salad said:

I practice intermittent fasting of 13-14 hours from dinner, at 9:30 p.m.He already did before diabetes, in an attempt to maintain the weight and for the supposed benefits that fasting has on the body.Even so, it gives me a high, fortunately not until 250. Indeed, waiting a little between the fast and breakfast (20 minutes) the peak is lower.

And what breakfasts?Because I with all kinds of bread give me a horrible peak.How Ruthbia, I have a lot of insulin resistance in the morning and it costs a lot that I get off, I wear it an hour or more before and yet, sometimes I am not in 100, which is recommended at most to start eating.In addition, this resistance will come with the alba effect and it is horrible, sometimes insulin looks like water.
With the Aldi protein bread, much better, but being processed alimrontos, I wonder if they are quite good.

Hello meginer,

Breakfast a slice of whole wheat bread and nuts that sell in mother yeast.of + or - 60 grs with some protein: ham, loin, smoked salmon, lacquer, turkey .... a coffee with milk (bitter) and even allowed me a cookie lotus of those lowercase, calculate 3.5 rations of HC.I put 1.5 of insulin Humalog Junior 15 minutes before.And yes, I get a peak;But it is impossible to have the glucose flat, I measure an hour and if I am in a yellow zone (180+) I go to the stairs and I climb 8 or 10 floors, to unpave metabolism.With this truquillo no more than 15 minutes in yellow range.And at two hours I usually be more or less as before breakfast.If I get faster, I do not get to the food and I have to drive 25 km back home, I can not afford to those hours.

I've been with this since September, relatively recent.I have lowered the demands a lot, I am satisfied with being in the green zone.At first I was very frustrated not being in the range of 70-100 in the morning and less than 120 per day.Approaching that goal produced me hypoglycemia as soon as I did the minimum activity.

My nurse says that I have it well controlled, that the important thing is the average, that I do not obsess me.Many days I do not leave the green zone, but with Sierra Picos.

One day I was eating out with my husband, and I realized that the brave potatoes I was eating were not highly recommended.I measured when I finished eating and, effectively I had placed me in 205. Then my husband proposed to me to measure him with the glucometer (he has no diabetes) and had 194. Healthy people when they eat hydrates also make peaks, because thepancreas has its reaction time.After eating we took a 45 -minute walk and ready.

Yes, the bread produces me peak, but I only take it for breakfast and I do not consider changing it, for the moment.

Ensalada's profile photo
Ensalada
04/01/2022 9:48 a.m.

Toujeo y Fiasp
Aprendiendo

salad said:
meginer said:
salad said:
salad said:
yo breakfast at 11:00 at the stopoffice coffee.In the morning when I got up, I take a mondo tea and lirondo at 7:00.

Hello meginer,

Breakfast a slice of whole wheat bread and nuts that sell in mother yeast.of + or - 60 grs with some protein: ham, loin, smoked salmon, lacquer, turkey .... a coffee with milk (bitter) and even allowed me a cookie lotus of those lowercase, calculate 3.5 rations of HC.I put 1.5 of insulin Humalog Junior 15 minutes before.And yes, I get a peak;But it is impossible to have the glucose flat, I measure an hour and if I am in a yellow zone (180+) I go to the stairs and I climb 8 or 10 floors, to unpave metabolism.With this truquillo no more than 15 minutes in yellow range.And at two hours I usually be more or less as before breakfast.If I get faster, I do not get to the food and I have to drive 25 km back home, I can not afford to those hours.

I've been with this since September, relatively recent.I have lowered the demands a lot, I am satisfied with being in the green zone.At first I was very frustrated not being in the range of 70-100 in the morning and less than 120 per day.Approaching that goal produced me hypoglycemia as soon as I did the minimum activity.

My nurse says that I have it well controlled, that the important thing is the average, that I do not obsess me.Many days I do not leave the green zone, but with Sierra Picos.

One day I was eating out with my husband, and I realized that the brave potatoes I was eating were not highly recommended.I measured when I finished eating and, effectively I had placed me in 205. Then my husband proposed to me to measure him with the glucometer (he has no diabetes) and had 194. Healthy people when they eat hydrates also make peaks, because thepancreas has its reaction time.After eating we took a 45 -minute walk and ready.

Yes, the bread produces me peak, but I only take it for breakfast and I do not consider changing it, for the moment.

Well, I do not agree with your nurse as soon as you do not get obsessed.Obsesting not but trying to reach the normogiucemia as much as possible and as long as possible with the least variability yes.And if you can with sufficient information, training and experience. It is increasing
It is not normal to have 200 peaks after breakfast.At breakfast I have a lot of insulin resistance, they seem a lot of 30 g of HC.The bread is of the type that is, it rises like the foam, to me the one who climbs me is the one.G of HC, and a coffee with little milk.In total 5 g at most HC.So heachieved that the peak is not greater than 130 and then falls to normal levels.

meginer's profile photo
meginer
04/01/2022 2:06 p.m.

salad said:
meginer said:
salad said:
salad said:
yo breakfast at 11:00 at the stopoffice coffee.In the morning when I got up, I take a mondo tea and lirondo at 7:00.

Hello meginer,

If your husband is 194 after eating, that's not normal.The diagnostic criteria of diabetes are fasting me 126, after glucose curve after an hour, less than 140 and 200 at any time of the day.I do not tell you to be diabetic but it is about 200 with what it seems that there may be a certain insulin resistance.Normally, even with an abundant intake of hydrates, a non -diabetic does not go from 130. But I would have reviewed it in my opinion.

meginer's profile photo
meginer
04/01/2022 5:23 p.m.

It is that I am still in first diabetes, with much to learn yet.I'm going to try those loaves that you recommend, to see how.It is at breakfast where I peak and not every day, without identifying why some yes and others not.I will try to polish it with the advice you give me.

On Sundays, breakfast 4 rations of HC, I don't get fast and go out to make a route through the 9km field.I do not do peak and on the way back, I always skip the alarm of Hicm (I have it at 80) and I have to take a piece of fruit and a slow hydrate because I do not reach the food.

As I am still on a honeymoon, I find it difficult to identify patterns

Ensalada's profile photo
Ensalada
04/02/2022 10 a.m.

Toujeo y Fiasp
Aprendiendo

I am hiker and what I carry is orange

Alberto_13's profile photo
Alberto_13
04/02/2022 11:32 a.m.

DM3c desde 2018; hb 6 % (feb.. 2022) (tresiba+fiasp+metformina)

sparking said:
hello!

Today at breakfast I have eaten 70 grams of 100% integral integral bread and ham with a coffee without sugar milk.

After an hour of the digestion time, I was reading the sensor and marks me 206. I know that when the digestion ends it will go down and probably below 140.

Is it normal to go up so much?!

Should I get more insulin ???

Or just wait for the digestion to end and then click?

Thank you!!

My breakfast is the same as yours but less bread and makes me tremendous peaks.The good thing is that in less than 2 hours it has already dropped again.It is the only food that makes me very much peak and the endocrine tells me that each one is different and the most important thing that is stable again at 2 hours.

Belinda's profile photo
Belinda
04/03/2022 1 p.m.

Hello:

What doctors have told me:

1) Rapid insulin should put about 10-15 minutes before food, more or less.At least.Better 15 than 10, I mean.

2) Measure glucose two hours after intake.Not being doing it at the time, or after a while ... not all meals have the same curve, and being looking so much can be counterproductive, psychologically.The Quid is to see how the thing has stabilized, at two hours or so.What has been the real impact of food, once digested, more or less, everything you ate.

Anyway, it is what they have recommended.And so I'm going, step by step ...

Hugs.

Guillermito's profile photo
Guillermito
04/03/2022 8:59 p.m.

Guillermito said:
Hello:

What doctors have told me:

1) Rapid insulin should put about 10-15 minutes before food, more or less.At least.Better 15 than 10, I mean.

2) Measure glucose two hours after intake.Not being doing it at the time, or after a while ... not all meals have the same curve, and being looking so much can be counterproductive, psychologically.The Quid is to see how the thing has stabilized, at two hours or so.What has been the real impact of food, once digested, more or less, everything you ate.

Anyway, it is what they have recommended.And so I'm going, step by step ...

Hugs.

This is just my opinion.

It is what doctors usually say, but there are some points.
When they have eaten fats, at two hours he has never lowered.They go up too late and go down too late, so that the two hours is not always.
Through which the food goes up and down, peaks are produced.Ideally, they are as pronounced as possible, with which theirs is to kill insulin and food rise.I do not think that it is equally to have been in 250 as 150, for example.But of course, that is only seen with a sensor.
This is complicated ...

isabelbota
04/03/2022 9:37 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.