{'en': 'Free freestyle patch is taken ... What to do?Has Abbott lowered quality?', 'es': 'Se despega el parche FreeStyle Libre... ¿Que hacer? ¿Abbott ha bajado la calidad?'} Image

Free freestyle patch is taken ... What to do?Has Abbott lowered quality?

DiabetesForo's profile photo   06/16/2022 8:26 p.m.

Hello good,

I have been using the free for 5 years and they never took off in 2 months, 3 patches were already taken off, it must be that the quality is going down, someone could inform me that you can get on the patch so that it does not take off, I think they sold some apostitesIn the pharmacy but I don't know what they are called and if they are fine

Thank you!

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
06/16/2022 8:26 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

You can put on trimmed physio tape, it's what I wear.Now I bought transparent patches at Aliexpress and they have also done well.What I don't like is that the sensor looks like dirty when transparent.I have also bought other meat color and I will try it now that I have to change the sensor.
Anyway, call Abbot to replace them, it happened to me once and they sent me another.

isabelbota's profile photo
isabelbota
06/16/2022 10:39 p.m.

DM 2 con páncreas agotado desde diciembre 2020. 51 años entonces.
HG diciembre 2020: 15.9. Última HG: julio 2024 5.8
Abasaglar 9 unidades. Metformina, 1000/0/1000. Humalog junior: 2 unid en desayuno y luego en función de lo que coma.

Kinesiological tape, I buy it in Amazon by rolls that last a lot and you cut them from the.

meginer's profile photo
meginer
06/16/2022 11:03 p.m.

thanks for the information

DiabetesForo
06/17/2022 12:04 p.m.

I understand that it does not bite you on the skin or anything like that ??I tried a tape on one occasion and at 3 hours the skin chopped

DiabetesForo
06/17/2022 12:06 p.m.

They may take away more in summer for sweat

Rogerix's profile photo
Rogerix
06/17/2022 1:21 p.m.

antonimar said:
I understand that it does not give you skin or anything like that?I tried a tape on one occasion for years and at 3 hours the skin chopped

Well look, nothing, perfect.But only once I put on the sensor in the culete and there I couldn't stand the tape, it stung me to rage.Very rare when in the arm it goes perfect ...

isabelbota
06/17/2022 3:59 p.m.

Abasaglar 9 unidades. Metformina, 1000/0/1000. Humalog junior: 2 unid en desayuno y luego en función de lo que coma.

Test with anti allergies, it goes well and does not take off.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
06/17/2022 6:06 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

I have been diagnosed for a short time and three sensors, as they have already said in the thread, what is best for me is the kinesiological tape (5x5) that I bought on Amazon although a little expensive, in Aliexpress comes in half, I have asked there toSee if it gives the same result.
The tape lasts the 14 days, on top of the sensor, I trim the corners and if any rises, I cut it.

tollo's profile photo
tollo
06/19/2022 12:30 p.m.

DM1 Debut: Mayo 2022
FreeStyle Libre 2
Novorapid: 3ud desayuno + 3ud comida + 3ud cena.
Toujeo: 20 ud noche.
HbA1: Mayo22 11.6% Julio22 7.5% Sept22 6.5% Agost23 6.2%

tollo said:
I've been diagnosed for a short time and three sensors, as they have already said in the thread, what is best for me is the kinesiological tape (5x5) that I bought on Amazon although a little a littleFace, in Aliexpress comes in half, I have asked there to see if it gives the same result.
The tape lasts the 14 days, on top of the sensor, I trim the corners and if anyone gets cut away.

If I try to ask for Amazon and put that in my direction they did not make that delivery, I do not know why they had to buy another that were cut in 25x5 cm enfin

DiabetesForo
06/20/2022 1:36 p.m.

Someone who is using nobecuta?Or skin tac?

What do you think better?

fer's profile photo
fer
06/21/2022 9:24 a.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

It has also begun to happen to me that 2 or 3 months ago they take off more than before ... one of two, or it is because of sweat due to heat, or as @antonimar seems that Abbott has dropped the quality of theSensors

fer's profile photo
fer
06/21/2022 9:26 a.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

@Fer

Hi Fer, I can't tell you about Nobecuta.I regularly use Skin Tac.I buy it on Amazon.I use it more to protect the skin, but the adhesion of the sensor increases greatly.

Ah, I get a glove in the hands of those cheap, because the Skin Tac is very sticky.Just before putting on the sensor, rub the skin tac well in the area, I tell about 30 seconds and put the sensor.You have to remove the applicator carefully because the edges are very close to the skin.The effect of the Skin Tac is very immediate.Protects the skin and increases adhesion.It works very well.But each skin is a world!

All the best

jldiazdel's profile photo
jldiazdel
06/22/2022 11:14 a.m.

DM1 desde Marzo 2018 (53 años). 7-10 unidades basal: Abasaglar (insulina glargina). NovoRapid. Factor 1.0/1.5.
Vivo en Alemania. CarboH total dia 70-80 gr. Deporte Gym todos dias L-V 1h-2 h
HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

@Antonimar to me were recommended here leukoplast waterproof (8x10 cm) and that is what I use since then.I am doing very well, it does not give me allergy, it does not take off and it lasts the 14 days.

Carussa's profile photo
Carussa
06/22/2022 12:56 p.m.

DM1 desde octubre de 2019 | Toujeo + Fiasp | FreeStyle | febrero 2023: HbA1c 5,7

I believed that it took easy sweating and such, but nothing at all and work in a warehouse that is an oven and throwing packages on piecework and does not take off, if you have a sweat with acid pH, it may take it more easily

Rogerix's profile photo
Rogerix
06/22/2022 12:57 p.m.

Well, I can't get it off, just the other way around.He hits a lot, a long time ago, I don't protect it.
I remove the glue with removal.I tried oil and impossible oil and wipes.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
06/22/2022 1:56 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

ruthbia said:
Well I can't take it away, just the other way around.He hits a lot, a long time ago, I don't protect it.

Me too.They don't take off (until now) even wanting.
He managed to remove it by rubbing with hydrogen peroxide.
Greetings

ube's profile photo
ube
06/22/2022 8:01 p.m.

ube said:
ruthbia said:
because I can't get it off, just the other way around.He hits a lot, a long time ago, I don't protect it.

Me too.They don't take off (until now) even wanting.
He managed to remove it by rubbing with hydrogen peroxide.
Greetings

And I hurt me when they start them.Of course, first I rub with alcohol that removes all the fat and then sticks like a bass ...

isabelbota
06/22/2022 11:05 p.m.

For me it is more difficult and painful to start the old sensor than to nail the new one.In fact I keep the sensor in my hand and the adhesive sheet attached to the skin.
I have been on the beach 4 days, bathing with good waves, the sensor under the bikini panties without protecting with tape and there is, so camping.

Ensalada's profile photo
Ensalada
06/23/2022 11:04 a.m.

LADA desde septiembre de 2021
Toujeo y Fiasp
Aprendiendo

@drjesusangel I have problems even with the cateters of Medtronic, and I don't know what to do.

antonio3334's profile photo
antonio3334
06/24/2022 12:30 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.