{'en': 'Free freestyle patch is taken ... What to do?Has Abbott lowered quality?', 'es': 'Se despega el parche FreeStyle Libre... ¿Que hacer? ¿Abbott ha bajado la calidad?'} Image

Free freestyle patch is taken ... What to do?Has Abbott lowered quality?

DiabetesForo's profile photo   06/16/2022 8:26 p.m.

antonimar said:
good,

I have been using the free for 5 years and they never took off in 2 months, 3 patches were already taken off, it must be that the quality is going down, someone could inform me that you can get on the patch so that it does not take off, I think they sold some apostitesIn the pharmacy but I don't know what they are called and if they are fine

Thank you!

I would thank you if you could put the link to the Aliexpress page where you buy the porches.
I feel the Medtronic's from time to time (I have an insulin bomb) and I think they could serve me.
Thank you.

Isabelbota said:
You can put on trimmed physio tape, it is what I wear.Now I bought transparent patches at Aliexpress and they have also done well.What I don't like is that the sensor looks like dirty when transparent.I have also bought other meat color and I will try it now that I have to change the sensor.
Anyway, call Abbot to replace them, they passed me once and they sent me another.

Manuel Fernández Raposo's profile photo
Manuel Fernández Raposo
06/26/2022 10:43 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Yes, they have lowered the quality.When they were prototypes;Of those that I was a volunteer to try them, you had to take them off almost with a spatula, because you will not see.Of course, marks (of the glue and reaction of the skin to the same) dwellings, redness of the area .... etc, etc ..... until they found the key.But as they are a m ****, it gives in their measures, with a lotThe hospitals of some countries stopped subsidizing them to the detriment of other options.The loss of contracts caused that there were lost (that batacazo of the shares, less bad than I sold before) and to recover, one of two, if I did not win more money at least savings ..... so I adhere to the wipes thatThey came to clean the area and goodbye to the quality of the glue.And no, it is not sweat, which helps them fall, of course, but first the same in the whole summer they fall a couple, but that 7 and some in less than two hours of its application fall ........ Sweat definitely has little to do.Salu2

moñiño's profile photo
moñiño
06/26/2022 1:19 p.m.

I am very difficult for me to start them when I change them.Even so, I tapo well with diabetic patches or physio tape, more than anything because I usually swim

javiertierno's profile photo
javiertierno
06/26/2022 2:39 p.m.

Hello!!!I use transparent patches of Free Style, they are very good and so I am calmer, they are called waterproof covers for sensors
I buy them by Amazon
On the other hand they give me some envy with their glucosilada below 6, I do not achieve it, at times I am well and suddenly a disruption and everything goes to the demon
Someday I will explain

milagros's profile photo
milagros
06/26/2022 11:20 p.m.

I have been with the sensors for 5 years and I have not noticed, in my case, to take off before.I use a hypoallergic tape, skin color, from the Nexcare brand, 5cm wide.It covers it perfect and you cut it.It lasts in winter about 10 days and in summer a little less, bathing even on the beach.He resists very well and does not bother at all.It also camouflages it a lot and it shows much less.

123456789S's profile photo
123456789S
06/26/2022 11:28 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.