{'en': 'Walk: more sessions or longer sessions?', 'es': 'Andar: ¿Mas sesiones o sesiones más largas?'} Image

Walk: more sessions or longer sessions?

diabetico52's profile photo   06/20/2022 3:48 p.m.

I have type 2 diabetes and I have improved my glying spectacularly with medication and giving long walks daily.

It has worked very well for me to walk 35 km every week, and my idea was to get it with 5 sessions of 7 km, but now I wonder if it would not be better to make 7 sessions of 5 km ... if it is better to make a daily sessionof 7 km or 2 of 3'5 km ... if taking it to the absurd could make 7 sessions of 1 km to the day ... if there is a minimum distance (or time) so that a session can have an impact on the glyd ...

Anyway, as you see I am very fish and any advice was good for me.

Thank you!

diabetico52's profile photo
diabetico52
06/20/2022 3:48 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

You at least walk, for me it is a subject that I have pending, I practice a lot of sedentary lifestyle and my type 2 diabetic life is increasing.

Pyrri's profile photo
Pyrri
06/20/2022 6:34 p.m.

Diabetes Tipo 2 (2014) con 38 años - Neuropatía Diabética (2013) - Polineuropatía Diabética sensitiva axonal moderado-grave en miembros inferiores (2021) - Jubilado en 2022 con 45 años. (Synjardy (Mettformina) - Trulicity - Ozempic - Gabapentina). HBA1c: 4,5%. Discapacidad del 35% - Presbicia con 45 años (ya no veo de cerca, pero no hay retinopatía diabética en los ojos). Abuela materna y Abuela paterna e tíos diabéticos tipo 1

@Diabetico52

In principle the rule is how much more distribute sport or in your case the walks better.If you can walk every day a couple of kilometers or half an hour, or an hour, it is perfect.The important thing is regularity.And it is not worth walking 6 km and then staying a week at home.To put an extreme ex.That doesn't work.The more regular and distributed the better.Then you decide time.But something that does not bore you.A walk that you like.The key is regularity.

That more a varied diet….

All the best

jldiazdel's profile photo
jldiazdel
06/20/2022 7:09 p.m.

DM1 desde Marzo 2018 (53 años). 7-10 unidades basal: Abasaglar (insulina glargina). NovoRapid. Factor 1.0/1.5.
Vivo en Alemania. CarboH total dia 70-80 gr. Deporte Gym todos dias L-V 1h-2 h
HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

jldiazdel said:
@diabetic52

In principle the rule is how much more distribute sport or in your case the walks better.If you can walk every day a couple of kilometers or half an hour, or an hour, it is perfect.The important thing is regularity.And it is not worth walking 6 km and then staying a week at home.To put an extreme ex.That doesn't work.The more regular and distributed the better.Then you decide time.But something that does not bore you.A walk that you like.The key is regularity.

That more a varied diet….

GREETING

Then I ask ...
I walk an hour in the morning.Would it be better to walk average in the morning and a half in the afternoon?

isabelbota's profile photo
isabelbota
06/20/2022 7:59 p.m.

DM 2 con páncreas agotado desde diciembre 2020. 51 años entonces.
HG diciembre 2020: 15.9. Última HG: julio 2024 5.8
Abasaglar 9 unidades. Metformina, 1000/0/1000. Humalog junior: 2 unid en desayuno y luego en función de lo que coma.

I would say the time followed.In general, from 20 minutes of training is when you activate metabolism and start pulling reserves.Better throw 40 minutes in a row than 10.
That told me when I was going to swim.

Ensalada's profile photo
Ensalada
06/20/2022 8:51 p.m.

LADA desde septiembre de 2021
Toujeo y Fiasp
Aprendiendo

salad said:
I would say the time followed.In general, from 20 minutes of training is when you activate metabolism and start pulling reserves.Better throw 40 minutes in a row than 10.
That told me when I was going to swim.

I think that.In half an hour you don't know ...

isabelbota
06/20/2022 9:25 p.m.

Abasaglar 9 unidades. Metformina, 1000/0/1000. Humalog junior: 2 unid en desayuno y luego en función de lo que coma.

The important thing is to move regularly.

I go to work walking in the morning.It is half an hour at a good pace.And I have proven that I save a quick insulin unit in my case since I still have the active fast insulin.Then I do my gym class at noon and then walk again.Every day.On weekends the walks are of course many longer.That regularity also means ‘saving’ also a lot of basal insulin.And then I try to take about 70 gr of carbohydrates daily in total, more or less, eat a lot of vegetables, either of non -saturated proteins and fats.I don't go hungry the truth.And that works very well.As soon as I am on vacation I have to increase the basal and the rapid factors.

Each one has to adapt the sport and walks to their work, bio rhythm, personal situation etc.Sometimes it is not easy.There are people who prefer to run very early, others in the afternoon.The important thing is to try to find the time to do sports, walk, and do it regularly.I always insist on regularity and constancy.

All the best

jldiazdel's profile photo
jldiazdel
06/20/2022 9:36 p.m.

DM1 desde Marzo 2018 (53 años). 7-10 unidades basal: Abasaglar (insulina glargina). NovoRapid. Factor 1.0/1.5.
Vivo en Alemania. CarboH total dia 70-80 gr. Deporte Gym todos dias L-V 1h-2 h
HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

It doesn't matter how to exercise, the important thing is the intensity and time invested.
For my walking, 2 hours, about 12km or making fitness "Durillo" 50 min means reducing Basal 2 UDs and Rapida 1 UD per intake.
On vacation I follow my routines and even more on the way, along with the heat, I further reduce insulin needs, so a type 2 diabetic can not even need antidiabetics
This is proof and error, and measure to see behaviors

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
06/21/2022 2 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Thank you very much for your comments, although it still does not become very clear.
I understand that the important thing is to activate the metabolism and that is why, I do not take into account the normal walks and I only tell the 'walks' when I go out to walk, but I still know what is better of two very specific cases:

Walk in the morning 8km in 1'30

either

Walk in the morning 4km in 45 minutes and walk in the afternoon another 4 km in another 45 minutes

I don't know if a survey could be done :-)

diabetico52's profile photo
diabetico52
06/21/2022 4:17 p.m.

Type 2 diabetes?
It's fine walking, it's more than anything, and thinns.
When activating the muscles, glucose is eating without insulin, "resistance" is skipped the effect of sport is declining but it can last up to 12 hours depending on the intensity.
It is demonstrated that force exercise reduces insulin resistance, which is the problem of type 2 diabetes.
Why don't you take another step in your recovery?
Instead of walking 7 days walking 3 and another 3 Mecculation practice 3, I don't tell you to get like Hulk, only your body composition better.
I do not say it, looking in Google, the best thing for DM2 is the exercise of force, in the end who eats the glucose is the muscle.
Walking is very comfortable, but it is food for today and hunger for tomorrow.
I will also tell you that the body gets used to it, and every time you will have to walk faster or more time.

Otabol's profile photo
Otabol
06/21/2022 5:27 p.m.

diabetic52 said:
Thank you all for your comments, although it still is not very clear.
I understand that the important thing is to activate the metabolism and that is why, I do not take into account the normal walks and I only tell the 'walks' when I go out to walk, but I still know what is better of two very specific cases:

Walk in the morning 8km in 1'30

either

Walk in the morning 4km in 45 minutes and walk in the afternoon another 4 km in another 45 minutes

I don't know if a survey could be done:-)

Well look, I give you my opinion, which is just that, my opinion.
I think it is better 7 days of 5 km than 5 of 7, that is, the daily exercise is very important.
I walk every day.Sometimes rest on Mondays because I usually be very low if I have beat the weekend.Well, one day and because I am low, ok, but if for whatever they are two in a row (it happens to me if it rains all day) I notice it very much in the glycemia PQ I begin to be high.
So the first, better every day (or almost).
Divide the exercise ... Well, it depends.I have an hour during the week, if the divide does not find out.I don't know that you are more, you can try, but if now I would not touch it.Another thing is that at night you see yourself high, so maybe it suits you to distribute and do something before dinner.But the longer the metabolism activates you and that is good.
Regarding what I tell you of strength I see it as a complement to walk, not substitute.It is very good but it has a different effect, it does not regulate you on the march.I do 3 days a week weights and abdominals, in short, it does not reach 30 minutes, as a complement to walking.But if I don't walk those exercises.
You test and decide. This is trial-error and each thing serves.
For example, although I am a type2 I am very sensitive to insulin, I have no resistance, but I hardly segre.It may not be an example for most type2.What I do tell you is that trying I have found a way to keep this under control, at least for the moment ...

isabelbota
06/21/2022 8:15 p.m.

I am hiking and I practice cycling, if I do 5 hours in the morning, for dinner it does not affect me at all, nor does the blood glucose or insulin needs come down, what I do is walk or bike 30- 30-45 min after each meal, the newspaper is a clear stage bike

diabestico's profile photo
diabestico
06/22/2022 4:34 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.