{'en': 'Swimming group', 'es': 'Grupo de natación'} Image

Swimming group

Belinda's profile photo   07/17/2022 6:14 p.m.

Hello,

I am T1 for 24 years and I have returned to a passion that had more than forgotten.Swim.I grew up in England, in the countryside but by the sea and there we had to learn to swim from a very young age and get into the sea was wonderful (although a cold pelin!).

Then after my studies I decided to travel the world and here in Spain it is where I finally made roots.But with children, work etc.I did not return to the water until November last year.

Now I train at least 5 times a week, in pool, and it is to feel the water and I am at peace with the world.Well, less with diabetes of course.

Among the sensor, fast glucose pills, fins, water, glasses, hat etc.I have half a house to the pool.

I would like to know if there are people like me, to swim to swim and if you were interested in setting up a group to share experiences, training, tricks to maintain glymia to RALLA .....

I am not sure how or where to do it but surely there are ways.

Well I do not roll up anymore and I hope to have talks and receive how to share knowledge of swimming.

Belinda

Belinda's profile photo
Belinda
07/17/2022 6:14 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hi Belinda.I am a swimmer, 5 times a week, now focused on open waters.I live in Murcia.When you want we see how to swim or share tips.For me, swimming is a lime of glucose, in fact for me the problem is the cramps for the hypo, but I do not think.All the best.For what you need

Alerr's profile photo
Alerr
07/17/2022 10:42 p.m.

aer said:
hello Belinda.I am a swimmer, 5 times a week, now focused on open waters.I live in Murcia.When you want we see how to swim or share tips.For me, swimming is a lime of glucose, in fact for me the problem is the cramps for the hypo, but I do not think.All the best.For what you need

Excellent.Do you make crossings?I am not good enough to do them ... yet, but who knows in the future.Where I train there are a few people who train for triathlon and crossings.Do you have any type of app to record your swimming?I use Form Goggles and then I pass it to Strava but really with the Form I see app.The glasses are a pass.How can I follow you?

Belinda's profile photo
Belinda
07/18/2022 10:49 a.m.

Hello.Pass me your nick from private by private and we talk b) b) b) b) b) b) b)

Alerr's profile photo
Alerr
07/18/2022 1:08 p.m.

Hello everyone left swimming because the freestyl sensors put me
I would like to know how they do to swim and do not take off and that they continue to work since they do not endure the water
Greetings to all

Macasqui's profile photo
Macasqui
07/19/2022 7:12 p.m.

macasqui said:
hello to everyone left swimming because they put the freestyl sensors
I would like to know how they do to swim and do not take off and that they continue to work since they do not endure the water
Greetings to all

Hello, then I use the "not just a patch" patches.They are great and I am in the water swimming quite a while.They are designed by a professional swimmer T1 to precisely be able to be in the water as long as you want.
Never leave what you like best for diabetes because there is always a way to do it without harming yourself.In this case the sensors.☺️☺️☺️

Belinda's profile photo
Belinda
07/19/2022 7:31 p.m.

Belinda's profile photo
Belinda
07/19/2022 7:33 p.m.

Good, let's see, I don't swim so much, about two days a week between 40 and 45 minutes.Another two days or three I make strength and run a while on the tape.Any patch is going well even physio tape.TB For greater security on the days of the pool I cover it with a bracelet.Nothing affects the sensor

javiertierno's profile photo
javiertierno
07/19/2022 7:38 p.m.

macasqui said:
Greetings to all

I carry it in the buttock, covered by the bikini, without fixing with tape or patches.I am swimming daily, between 30 and 40 minutes and the sensor endures perfectly.Do not take off and give the readings correctly.

Ensalada's profile photo
Ensalada
07/20/2022 12:02 a.m.

LADA desde septiembre de 2021
Toujeo y Fiasp
Aprendiendo

I carried him under the swimsuit.But a fatal half .... I think it is for my ass

Alerr's profile photo
Alerr
07/20/2022 4:29 p.m.

Hi Belinda,
I also swim in a pool discovered in Barcelona all year.I try to do it a couple/three days week.
My training is simple, I do 10x10 series for 1 hour or so (crol, back, breast and feet).I should add more technique, sure, but I swim to disconnect and for the moment I am going well (although I am open to changes 😅).
The sensor endures me wonderful.
I add an aquatic MP3 to complete the experience.
Water gives me life!

Lakarme's profile photo
Lakarme
07/24/2022 10:41 a.m.

lakarme said:

Hi Belinda,
I also swim in a pool discovered in Barcelona all year.I try to do it a couple/three days week.
My training is simple, I do 10x10 series for 1 hour or so (crol, back, breast and feet).I should add more technique, sure, but I swim to disconnect and for the moment I am going well (although I am open to changes 😅).
The sensor endures me wonderful.
I add an aquatic MP3 to complete the experience.
Water gives me life!

Hello, I swim in covered pool in Seville.And as you give my life.I disconnect from the world.I do a bit of everything and the pool.Most is crol but I always add some technique every see that I am going.My favorite is back and I am trying to learn the turn in this style well.It is the output of the turn that overwhelms me but I try to practice it 2 or 3 times a week.I understand that you do 10 x 100 of crol.Do you use fins, table or pullboy to heat?I usually warm up technique, training and then under the rhythm and I do between 100 to 200 of what I most felt that day.
I have also not had problems with the sensor in the water.Moreover, this last week I have run out of patches and swimless without covering the sensor and all good.I have only had a problem once I took off but I think it was because of other circumstances and not the swimming itself.
Where I have more problems is with the descents.There is no day that I don't have to drink quick glucose.As an hour before swimming but there is no shape.Has it happened to you or do you get it right?

Belinda's profile photo
Belinda
07/24/2022 11:46 a.m.

macasqui said:
Greetings to all

Between swimming and sensors that fail more than a fair shotgun and therefore do not replace capillary glycemia, there is nothing to choose from.If you fail to hold them, forget about them and return to the water.At least in my case there was no doubt possible: it was to improve my blood glucose in exchange for finishing in a wheelchair for stopping keeping my lumbar hernia at bay!

12mas37's profile photo
12mas37
07/25/2022 3:40 p.m.

Hello

Buy the patches of Just a Pach, I am also a swimmer about 3 times a week, they came today, but I see that it is a patch like those of the physio tape, although you are a long time in the water, the sensor does not spoil?

I used to put physio tape, and put on Fixomull, but you are only afraid of me.

Gijonessugar1984's profile photo
Gijonessugar1984
08/09/2022 6:07 p.m.

Hello, I put them without removing the role of the central part of the patch.Sometimes a patch lasts 3 or 4 days without having to change it and today for example I have seen it a little loose and I have changed it.Of course, I have been swimming 2 hours without leaving the pool.A sensor has never spoiled me for being in the water with these patches.You tell me :-)

Belinda's profile photo
Belinda
08/09/2022 7:41 p.m.

@Belinda Mucho Gusto.
Apart from whether or not like to swim, I think swimming (or simply swim) is very good to maintain glycemia.My son, this summer, has been swimming in his own way in my parents' pool like 3 or 4 hours every afternoon, splashing with the hands and feet, and the sugar always well controlled.It is to leave it (the grandparents go to the town) and stay on the couch watching the TV and up again ...

It is worth saying that I put waterproof patches of the Amazon (white brand are as effective as the expensive) to be able to be so long in the water with the sensor without spoiling.

I must also say that many pool afternoons, the sensor whistled due to low glucose, since between the insulin of the snack and the exercise was lowered from 70mg/dl.This makes me think that swimming can also be a dangerous sport for an insulin -dependent diabetic because if you do a hypo with loss of consciousness in the pool and you do not whistle your sensor for what is or not notes symptoms I do not want to think about it.

Lowcarb's profile photo
Lowcarb
08/22/2022 10:19 a.m.

Hijo con 6 años con DM1. Novorrapid, Lantus, FreeStyle.

@Lowcarb Hello, there is a reason for the hiccups after eating.You have to leave at least an hour and a half to two hours after the insulin.The sport (in that time strip) increases the function of insulin.Sometimes if I have to put very little insulin and I can't wait 2 hours I don't put it and rectify when I go out.It is to take the trick.But you have to always have that in mind.Taking slow absorption carbohydrates before swimming helps.As is so small, then have a close juice and drink while in the pool for example.I am very happy that your child enjoys in the water, and yes, the sensors with protection endure the greatest.I hope to have helped.It is a problem that I am fighting now because my training session is from 3 until 5 and as soon as I can lunch at 2!

Belinda's profile photo
Belinda
08/22/2022 10:38 a.m.

lowcarb said:
I must also say that many pool afternoons, the sensor whistled by low glucose, since between the insulin of the snack and the exercise lowered from 70mg/dl.This makes me think that swimming can also be a dangerous sport for an insulin -dependent diabetic because if you do a hypo with loss of awareness in the pool and you do not whistBlockquote>
It will hardly lose consciousness in the pool without realizing it before.What I do is have a juice by hand (although it can also be the classic bottle with isotonic drink, obviously sugary) and, in case the flies, the usual lifeguard of my pool knows my condition.Of course, forbidden to swim in an open sea, not even the buoy!: D

12mas37's profile photo
12mas37
08/22/2022 12:32 p.m.

Hello!I love swimming, but I'm very afraid to get into the pool, ... there are times that I have done it and the sensor has gone crazy ... I don't know what I can eat because the sugar goes down a lot, I can enterWith 180 and swim 10 min.And go down to 90, do anyone know what I can eat before?I'm new to this and I don't have much idea

paz's profile photo
paz
08/23/2022 10:31 a.m.

Hello Paz, you need to wait about 2 hours after having insulin because if you do not wait for the exercise, it makes the insulin much faster function causing that rapid descent.So the longer there is among when you have put insulin until you swim, the better.Then you can eat some slow carbohydrate, fruit, or even half of a sandwich.Take a bottle of isotonic and you drink it.I hope this helps you.

Belinda's profile photo
Belinda
08/23/2022 10:52 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.