{'en': 'Freestyle Sensor Free Problems, they tell me take them away why they give error.', 'es': 'Sensor freestyle libre problemas, me comentan quitárselos por qué dan error.'} Image

Freestyle Sensor Free Problems, they tell me take them away why they give error.

_Tacker_'s profile photo   05/09/2022 10:19 p.m.

I have been told in the health center where the sensors give me that because two or three fails me, they will not give me more, all the failures have been communicated to Abbot and have confirmed that by the error codesThey are sensor failures and not mine.

I have spoken with the diabetes nurse that took me to the beginning and with Abbot, and both tell me that the health center receives again all the sensors that are delivered as defective, and in my case they are backed by the incidence number of Abbot, so I do not understand that they deny me the replacement of them.

The improvement in my quality of life has been impressive and returning to the lancetas with the hypersensitivity that I developed in a few months in my fingers gives me to think about the value of having sensors and reducing the tests with the glucometer to four or five byday.

I have put the sensors in front of nurses and even in front of other diabetics that have been with them for years, and everyone confirms that I do it well.If it is shown that for some reason that they do not know how to say they fail, because it is I who will pay the consequences.

I would like to know if someone else has had the same problem or similar and how it has gone, since today I have considered several things, from mobile problems, where they will have been stored, interferences of an alarm that the skin ofThe back of my arms is the key.I have never put the sensors in another place other than that recommended by Abbot.

The degree of despair has sometimes been capital, the happy interstitial is as if it did not exist in me.

Greetings,

_Tacker_'s profile photo
_Tacker_
05/09/2022 10:19 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

I have not had any failure with the sensor (and I hope that follows!) But it seems incredible to be told that they will not give you more because they fail!

I recommend you put a complaint in patient attention from your hospital.You are in your right to give you the sensors, and if they fail and you are making good use of them, it is a matter of Abbott or the SS, but you cannot lose quality of life !!Because returning to the lancetas is losing many data and having less data implies making worse decisions and managing diabetes worse!If at the end the sensors save pasta!That if we have good control, we do not enter: the really expensive are not two sensors a month, it is to have us admitted to a hospital !!

Ufff ... more than desperate I would have piss.Much encouragement and fight for your rights !!

Tam's profile photo
Tam
05/09/2022 10:33 p.m.

Diabetes tipo 1 desde los 28. Cuando quedo con mis amig@s siempre llego tarde, en la diabetes no iba a ser diferente 😅 También tengo hipotiroidismo, asma y alergias varias... soy una pupas.

Levemir y Fiasp
Freestyle Libre 2
Última HbA1c: 6 (Marzo 2023)

_ tacker _ said:
They have told me in the health center where the sensors give me that because two or three fails me per month, they will not give me more, all the failures have beenCommunicated to Abbot and have confirmed that by the error codes they are sensor failures and not mine.
I have spoken with the diabetes nurse that took me to the beginning and with Abbot, and both tell me that the health center receives again all the sensors that are delivered as defective, and in my case they are backed by the incidence number of Abbot, so I do not understand that they deny me the replacement of them.
The improvement in my quality of life has been impressive and returning to the lancetas with the hypersensitivity that I developed in a few months in my fingers gives me to think about the value of having sensors and reducing the tests with the glucometer to four or five byday.
I have put the sensors in front of nurses and even in front of other diabetics that have been with them for years, and everyone confirms that I do it well.If it is shown that for some reason that they do not know how to say they fail, because it is I who will pay the consequences.
I would like to know if someone else has had the same problem or similar and how it has gone, since today I have considered several things, from mobile problems, where they will have been stored, interferences of an alarm that the skin ofThe back of my arms is the key.I have never put the sensors in another place other than that recommended by Abbot.

The degree of despair has sometimes been capital, the happy interstitial is as if it did not exist in me.

Well put a claim in your health center.You are not to blame for them to fail.It is outrageous to tell you that, they can't take them away.

isabelbota's profile photo
isabelbota
05/09/2022 10:36 p.m.

DM 2 con páncreas agotado desde diciembre 2020. 51 años entonces.
HG diciembre 2020: 15.9. Última HG: julio 2024 5.8
Abasaglar 9 unidades. Metformina, 1000/0/1000. Humalog junior: 2 unid en desayuno y luego en función de lo que coma.

@_Tacker_ I don't know what to tell you.It is not very normal for you to fail you.

I use them 6 years ago, paying them, of course until 2020. In January 5 units followed from the same manufacturing lot failed.I took them to the SS and replaced them without problems.I no longer call Abbott at all, that was before when I paid them.
In these years, many have failed me, but many, followed only since they are provided by the SS.

Have you tried to put it elsewhere?Perhaps in your case you have to look for another area of ​​the body: gluteo, high leg area, chest ... in the arm where Abbott says I never take them.

In patient care you can claim, but they do not usually pay much.You can also pay them and give you capillaries in the SS;In my case I buy the capillaries, when I give me sensors I do not pay them.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
05/10/2022 8:27 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Claim and that endocrine value another type of sensor ... dexcom for example, and if they can prescribe it in your community ... it would be a very important improvement

Merchedm's profile photo
Merchedm
05/22/2022 8:23 a.m.

ruthbia said:
@_ tacker_ I don't know what to tell you.It is not very normal for you to fail you.

I use them 6 years ago, paying them, of course until 2020. In January 5 units followed from the same manufacturing lot failed.I took them to the SS and replaced them without problems.I no longer call Abbott at all, that was before when I paid them.
In these years, many have failed me, but many, followed only since they are provided by the SS.

Have you tried to put it elsewhere?Perhaps in your case you have to look for another area of ​​the body: gluteo, high leg area, chest ... in the arm where Abbott says I never take them.

In patient care you can claim, but they do not usually pay much.You can also pay them and give you capillaries in the SS;In my case I buy the capillaries, when I give me sensors I do not pay them.

In my case there have been several people of the personnel dedicated to the monitoring of diabetes who have proven that the placement of the sensors has been impeccable, and that by the error codes it is the sensors that fail.

Because in my case they are more than the average I do not know, I have even told Abbott's operators that I volunteered to take skin samples to know if it also has something to do.
The skin, alarm inhibitors, etc ... or idea.
With respect to placing them elsewhere, I have raised it, and I have told nurses and endocrineThey have given error.
I continue in the fight to know what happens and with respect to other sensor brands, they only work with Abbot here in Madrid.

_Tacker_'s profile photo
_Tacker_
05/22/2022 12:03 p.m.

I was granted the sensors in March and the first two that I got in the readings, I mean, they gave readings but for example I marked that I was in 45 and when I read with the gluconometting I gave me 110.
I called Abbott and they sent me home two new sensors, in the health center they told me that in the last two months there have been a lot of claims, I think some lot has gone badly

ely88's profile photo
ely88
05/22/2022 9:33 p.m.

@_Tacker_ I live in Madrid and the sensors I put them where I want.Moreover, when I picked up the first lot, the same nurse told me that they could be put in different areas.But I already told him that I had been with them for 4 years and where I like it is in the buttock.
I have the Jiménez Díaz Foundation, they send them to my health center and there I also return them and never ask where you wear them, they only take note of the serial number and manufacturing lot.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
05/22/2022 9:44 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

ruthbia said:
@_ tacker_ I live in Madrid and the sensors I put them where I want.Moreover, when I picked up the first lot, the same nurse told me that they could be put in different areas.But I already told him that I had been with them for 4 years and where I like it is in the buttock.
I have the Jiménez Díaz Foundation, they send them to my health center and there I also return them and never ask where you wear them, they only take note of the serial number and manufacturing lot.

Well, you're lucky, because they ask me, where I take them, where I put them on, if I work near a machine that causes electro waves, etc ....
It is striking that the first sensor that my diabetes nurses saw, was the one I put in front of them.
I just want to be of the group of those who never fail the sensors.It's not too much to ask.For my activity they have become necessary to control my glucose, since my children do not usually warn and sometimes have reached the beast.
Throughout Spain I read people who fail sensors, and according to the nurses of my health center I am the only one to whom they give problems.
I have had sensors that failed with readings of more than one hundred units of difference, sensors that after the start time have given the message of reading error changes sensor, and the most common ....... that of the famous ten minutes. ,,,, three times and change sensor .....
Several dermatologists have told me that the skin of my arm is 100 % normal.At least I am not an alien, although they don't tell me what happens.

_Tacker_'s profile photo
_Tacker_
05/23/2022 10:07 a.m.

ely88 said:
I granted the sensors in March and the first two that I got in the readings, I mean, they gave readings but for example it marked me that I was in 45 and when I readWith the glucometer it gave me 110.
I called Abbott and they sent me home two new sensors, in the health center they told me that in the last two months there have been a lot of claims, I think some lot has gone badly

It has come to fail one in 160 difference, it has been, and as it was at the beginning that they were sent to me, I did not know if it had been to put it wrong.
In my health center they tell me that apart from me, no one else fails.
And I have come to put them in front of them and have also failed .....
Always the same of ..... Reading error ,,, wait ten minutes and try again,

_Tacker_'s profile photo
_Tacker_
05/23/2022 10:14 a.m.

@_Tacker_ I'm afraid you are mitigating in the health center.I doubt that you are the only one to whom the sensors fail.In my center we are several, I don't know what ratio, but I'm not the only one.

It is not your skin, neither your work or anything.There are defective series according to the supplier company that supplies Abbott.Quality controls are made by lots, 100% of production are not inspected.They are random inspections, for example 20 of every 1000 units.

You can change your health center, it's another option, I don't know if you've considered it.Or ask for an appointment directly with your endocrine, the one who sent you the sensors, to give them a touch to those of your health center.He is the only one who can cancel you the supply of sensors and return to glucose strips.

What I can do is change some of mine for yours to try, I have not failed any, yes, well, well do not measure.If you think it's fine, write me privately and exchange them.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
05/23/2022 10:34 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

ruthbia said:
@_ tacker_ I fear you are mitigating in the health center.I doubt that you are the only one to whom the sensors fail.In my center we are several, I don't know what ratio, but I'm not the only one.

It is not your skin, neither your work or anything.There are defective series according to the supplier company that supplies Abbott.Quality controls are made by lots, 100% of production are not inspected.They are random inspections, for example 20 of every 1000 units.

You can change your health center, it's another option, I don't know if you've considered it.Or ask for an appointment directly with your endocrine, the one who sent you the sensors, to give them a touch to those of your health center.He is the only one who can cancel you the supply of sensors and return to glucose strips.

What I can do is change some of mine for yours to try, I have not failed any, yes, well, well do not measure.If you think it's fine, write me privately and exchange them.

I imagine that there are more people who fails, but according to the diabetes nurse I am the king of sensor returns, with at least two monthly.
After talking with the endocrine and the nurses of Gregorio Marañón, they talked with those of my health center and the thing has changed, of a "we no longer change you more defective sensors" to "do not worry that all thethat they fail .... "
I am fine in the health center in which I am, so far as other diabetics tell me, they care about the sick ...
I will try to talk to all that diabetic@ that I know that it has sensors, now I am much more curiosity than before.
One of the curious data that calls me is the issue that since several sensors they went wrong half a year ago, it is not possible to start any sensor with the mobile phone, I thought it was for the model, but I have met four with the XiaomiRedmi Note 8 Pro.

_Tacker_'s profile photo
_Tacker_
05/23/2022 4:28 p.m.

The xiaomis give problems, that sure.
I active it with the freestyle 1 glucometer to which I had to update the software and then the mobile (Samsung A5), I lose the APP alarm option but for that use Diabox that continuously transmits, every 5 min.

When let's change to free 3 my glucometer is over :(. Abbott no longer sells freestyle glymeters.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
05/23/2022 10:31 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

To me the Xiaomi is perfect.

isabelbota's profile photo
isabelbota
05/23/2022 10:54 p.m.

DM 2 con páncreas agotado desde diciembre 2020. 51 años entonces.
HG diciembre 2020: 15.9. Última HG: julio 2024 5.8
Abasaglar 9 unidades. Metformina, 1000/0/1000. Humalog junior: 2 unid en desayuno y luego en función de lo que coma.

At the moment I buy them to me, and since last month there are already the free 3.Although the alarms jump at night with 56 and when I measure myself, I have 90 ... but the descents have always worked badly, I do not know if they are a bit regulated by default to make sure that no alert escapes.The bad thing is that when you are only going to sleep 4 hours and at the middle of the night the beep jumps, you shit even in the great -grandfather of the CEO of Abbott.

I suppose that all of you have the sensors of type 1 diabetes. Does anyone with type 2 have sensors for social security?I think that according to the CCAA and according to the doctor, there are people with type 2 with interstitial sensors in their recipe.

felinol's profile photo
felinol
05/23/2022 11:08 p.m.

I active my sensors with my mobile and I have a xiaomi and I do not give me problems

ely88's profile photo
ely88
05/26/2022 5:11 p.m.

For me, the fact that in the blood with lancet marks 90 and the sensor tells me 100 already seems error (and I do not tell you anything when it has not marked me 100 but 210 or more).In something you play your health, it is a very high tolerance limit for a sensor.And I explain.I know and I can take into account the error and make me a lancesto to verify, but a person like my father with 80 years, indicated by the Breasts 210 (when he really has 90) and takes an insulin ball to corrected ................. Maximum risk of staying on the site?No, the following.Extreme risk.Or that you are at 90 and mark you 50. Inadmissible.
When the thing began to be like that, I did not give me.No, thanks.When they were of evidence that were not yet on the market, and being I subject to tests, I remember that I had to take them out almost than with spatula, racing, how strong they hit (not as now, that with a little heat toThe 2 hours may have fallen;9/10 days, but before ....) I don't understand why.I know, because they were a investor, that Abbot lost a lotThey are not the sensors they were.I definitely and before they were removed from the health center, Pedi return to my lancetas and my calculator and chapeu.My diabetes again on track.Salu2

moñiño's profile photo
moñiño
06/01/2022 6:40 p.m.

moñiño said:
for me, the fact that in blood marks 90 and the sensor tells me 100 already seems error (and I do not tell you anything when it has not marked me 100 but 210or more).In something you play your health, it is a very high tolerance limit for a sensor.And I explain.I know and I can take into account the error and make me a lancesto to verify, but a person like my father with 80 years, indicated by the Breasts 210 (when he really has 90) and takes an insulin ball to corrected ................. Maximum risk of staying on the site?No, the following.Extreme risk.Or that you are at 90 and mark you 50. Inadmissible.
When the thing began to be like that, I did not give me.No, thanks.When they were of evidence that were not yet on the market, and being I subject to tests, I remember that I had to take them out almost than with spatula, racing, how strong they hit (not as now, that with a little heat toThe 2 hours may have fallen;9/10 days, but before ....) I don't understand why.I know, because they were a investor, that Abbot lost a lotThey are not the sensors they were.I definitely and before they were removed from the health center, Pedi return to my lancetas and my calculator and chapeu.My diabetes again on track.Salu2

I have already met several people who have returned to the lancetas and the glucometer, fed up with so many false alarms and meaningless readings.
In my case the reading error message, wait ten minutes and take the reading again, to the third to give exhausted sensor, change sensor.It has been the standard since I used freestyle sensors, they facilitate my life and sometimes they give me many headaches.
I have also had reading errors on some occasion as a maximum with respect to the real capillary.
I have thought to do the same as you on a couple of occasions, but I usually work with quite dirty products and there is not always a sink, at least the sensor warns the hypos that is what matters to me.
I don't always notice tremors, monumental anger, blurred vision, sweat .....
I appreciate all your comments because they help me deal a little better with diabetes.
I carry two followed sensors that have worked at first, that is, a month that they have not given failures, and I find it incredible.

_Tacker_'s profile photo
_Tacker_
07/10/2022 5:35 p.m.

Both celebrating is bad, the last two sensors have failed the first sensor, I still don't understand why the first one usually fails ......

_Tacker_'s profile photo
_Tacker_
08/07/2022 5:55 p.m.

I have used nine sensors, with the current one, and I have failed 3 (also the one I have now).In my health center they tell me that they make a lot of returns of sensors that give failures and, some, from the first placement.The truth is that they are disappointing me, because if you have to verify that they work well with capillary measurements, it is a double expense and additional tension for me.
This technology, which could be very useful, does not seem enough.And surely, as someone comments, they are low -cost sensors that do not pass the appropriate quality controls.

MT2207's profile photo
MT2207
07/16/2024 10:14 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.