{'en': 'Sensor drop (it takes off)', 'es': 'Caida de sensor (se despega)'} Image

Sensor drop (it takes off)

CarlosT's profile photo   08/20/2022 7:24 p.m.

Hello good afternoon, I am new in this forum.

I have placed a freestylelibre2 sensor and I am quite satisfied with him, especially for the punctures that save me.
But I see a problem that seems very serious to me: the sensors get rid of too frequently .. I don't know if it is due to heat or other causes.

To prevent them from falling I have put a surgical dressing that covers the entire sensor and when changing it, the dressing, does not detach
The sensor.

I do not know if someone else in this forum has the same problem so I ask that if someone you have it you tell me and what solution you have found to solve the problem.

Thanks and greetings.

Carlos

CarlosT's profile photo
CarlosT
08/20/2022 7:24 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

The same thing happens to my son but only in summer, with sweat.We solve it with patches that are also waterproof and last almost a week.

Lowcarb's profile photo
Lowcarb
08/21/2022 5:40 p.m.

Hijo con 6 años con DM1. Novorrapid, Lantus, FreeStyle.

I recommend that you ask for the "Fixomull" pharmacy, a wonder.I last a lot like that.If I see that the sticker of around the sensor begins to take off a little, I already put a little piece on top (that you do not need to do holes in the middle or anything) and shoot until the sensor must be changed.In fact it hits so much that I find it later to remove the sensor a little more than if I don't put anything.And if, carefully you can remove only the fixomull and change it for another little piece, because the sensor is not taken with the glue (I already say, taking it carefully, if you are gross suppose everything will come out hehe)

Tam's profile photo
Tam
08/21/2022 8:21 p.m.

Diabetes tipo 1 desde los 28. Cuando quedo con mis amig@s siempre llego tarde, en la diabetes no iba a ser diferente 😅 También tengo hipotiroidismo, asma y alergias varias... soy una pupas.

Levemir y Fiasp
Freestyle Libre 2
Última HbA1c: 6 (Marzo 2023)

I use Leukomed T plus waterproof.I last the two weeks of sensor.
All the best.

nigiri's profile photo
nigiri
08/21/2022 8:28 p.m.

DM1 desde 1990 - Fiasp y Toujeo - HG: 6,1

@Carlost I can't take them off, just the opposite.I don't cover them with anything.I cover my underwear or bikini.
Years ago, the free 1 if they fell and held them with hypoallergenic tape of 5cm wide.The same, then there was no way to take it off.
I do not turn, clean and dry well the area where I will insert it and so 15 days, with the "sheet".

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
08/22/2022 4:09 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Hi Carlos, we for our 3 -year -old daughter, we use kinesiological tape and also some lymph brace that sell on the Diabetik website and are going very well.To remove them more easily, before placing them we put, on the skin, cabilon, which is a spray that improves adhesion and does not irritate the skin.I hope it serves you, greetings.

Mariapas's profile photo
Mariapas
08/22/2022 5:04 p.m.

Thank you.I see that it is a usual problem.

CarlosT's profile photo
CarlosT
08/22/2022 6:59 p.m.

Carlost said:
Thank you.I see that it is a usual problem.

The problem is usually the heat of summer, which makes the glue work so well and joins that our skin is also more wet and fat than in winter.
And the doors, which I do not know in your case, but I did not find them both before carrying the sensor 😅 is as if the sensor attracts them haha

Even so, I use the fixomull sometimes (if I go to the beach, if it makes a very hot, if I have hit and it is somewhat taken off but still endures well ...) but I put it much less since I carry the sensor under theBraguita or the bikini, it happens to me like @ruthbia ... it must be more protected like this, it endures the 14 days than when I take it on the arm 🤷🏻‍♀️

Tam's profile photo
Tam
08/22/2022 9:57 p.m.

Diabetes tipo 1 desde los 28. Cuando quedo con mis amig@s siempre llego tarde, en la diabetes no iba a ser diferente 😅 También tengo hipotiroidismo, asma y alergias varias... soy una pupas.

Levemir y Fiasp
Freestyle Libre 2
Última HbA1c: 6 (Marzo 2023)

I do not cover it by heat or sweat but it has happened to me on a couple of occasions that when I climb my pants I have torn it (I carry it in the upper part of the buttock) and of the few times that I have taken it on my arm, the same, I have taken it with the door frame.I prefer to prevent.

nigiri's profile photo
nigiri
08/22/2022 10:23 p.m.

DM1 desde 1990 - Fiasp y Toujeo - HG: 6,1

Thank you.

CarlosT's profile photo
CarlosT
08/23/2022 1:42 a.m.

I didn't know that it could be put in other parts of the body.When they explained how it worked, and in the instructions, they told me that they had to put them on the back of the arm.
Thank you.

CarlosT's profile photo
CarlosT
08/23/2022 1:45 a.m.

I believe that above all it endures more in the buttocks because it is an area that sweats less or not sweat.
The door and backpack effect passed me twice and I never put the sensor on my arm again.

There are people who carry it on the thighs, just where the pocket of the pants is ahead, I have also seen older people with the sensor at the birth of the chest, it seems uncomfortable for the summer, on the beach I saw one with him inThe abdomen ..... is a matter of trying.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
08/23/2022 8:26 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Thank you.

CarlosT's profile photo
CarlosT
08/23/2022 10:54 a.m.

I want to try to put it on my arm but with the price I have I hope I don't fall just when putting it on or on the third day, fear gives me!

Nila's profile photo
Nila
08/23/2022 10:56 a.m.

Diabetes desde 03/15
Lantus
MODY 3
HG octubre 2021: 5,7; junio 2021: 6,5; 2020: 6,7; 2019: 6,7. 2018: 6,4

nila said:
I want to try to put it in my arm but with the price I hope I do not fall just when I put it on or on the third day, fear gives me!

Before putting it with cotton and alcohol, which removes the fat from the arm and lets it dry.Then put something on top (patches or trimmed physio tape)

isabelbota's profile photo
isabelbota
08/23/2022 12:50 p.m.

DM 2 con páncreas agotado desde diciembre 2020. 51 años entonces.
HG diciembre 2020: 15.9. Última HG: julio 2024 5.8
Abasaglar 9 unidades. Metformina, 1000/0/1000. Humalog junior: 2 unid en desayuno y luego en función de lo que coma.

Ok, thank you.Let's see if it comes to me, I'm going to come back from the holidays and I don't have it to have it!

Nila's profile photo
Nila
08/23/2022 1:54 p.m.

Diabetes desde 03/15
Lantus
MODY 3
HG octubre 2021: 5,7; junio 2021: 6,5; 2020: 6,7; 2019: 6,7. 2018: 6,4

Hello.I contribute to the thread that, if it takes off, Abbot changes it to you for a new one without any problem.Now the petition is made by its website.

Cristóbal Cortés's profile photo
Cristóbal Cortés
08/28/2022 3:23 p.m.

What I do when I am going to put the sensor, is to clean the area well with alcohol.
And doing this, I have never taken off.
In case it serves you.

Manolosr's profile photo
Manolosr
08/29/2022 2:15 a.m.

Thanks, Manolisr.

CarlosT's profile photo
CarlosT
08/29/2022 2:34 a.m.

Cristóbal Cortés said:
Hello.I contribute to the thread that, if it takes off, Abbot changes it to you for a new one without any problem.Now the request is made by its website.

Thank you.

CarlosT's profile photo
CarlosT
08/29/2022 2:37 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.