{'en': 'Freestyle 3 opinion compared to 2', 'es': 'Opinión del freestyle 3 comparado con el 2'} Image

Freestyle 3 opinion compared to 2

isabelbota's profile photo   09/19/2022 4:31 p.m.

Hello everyone.
As I told you, I have been using Freestyle 2 for a year and a half, I bought it, and I decided to buy one 3 to compare.I've been with him for 3 days and I think I have my opinion clear so I tell you in case it serves someone.

First regarding mobile phones that Abbot names the mobiles he has tried, which does not mean that they only serve those.The important thing is that they use the Android operating system versions 8, 9, 10, 11 or 12 and have Bluetooth and NFC, but I think those are 99% of those we use.Mine is Xiaomi and is going well.For iPhone for the moment they have no app in Spain.

As advantages I find its small size first.It is very small, even the box occupies much less than the previous one.The applicator no longer brings in two parts, one comes, that you take away the lid and you already insert it.
And of course, the great advantage, the continuous measurement.

Personally I think that if it were the first one I had used, I would be delighted, but I find failures to the app that make me miss the 2.

1) It is not possible to put a widget to have the desktop value.You have to enter the app every time you want to see the value.I had FreeLink and Diabox with the 2 and I was already used to seeing the value in the Diabox widget as soon as I opened the mobile, it was very comfortable.

2) Seeing a measure does not come out of the day as in 2. It was a fact that I looked and I miss and I don't understand why they have removed it.

3) Alarms.It does not let you choose sound (in the 2 it leaves) one comes by default and is very strident.I like discrete and I have them in the 2 app, it will give me a heart attack every time this sounds to me 😂😂😂😂

I do not understand this average and alarm since OK was in the 2nd app that do not improve the app, ok, but at least have the previous one would be logical.

4) Registration Book.It is empty since it recorded scanned values ​​and now nothing scars.I also liked to look at the registration book and see values, not just graphics.

Regarding accuracy, there is little experience I have, but it gives me the feeling that as the other.The first day was higher than the capillary, about 30 mg and the second began to normalize and already coincides a lot.

In summary I will continue with the 2 for the aforementioned.I like to see the glucose in my desk (Diabox), the average glucose of the day and I need to be able to put the alarm tone that I want.

A pity, because it is so tiny ...

But well, I do not lose the hope that Abbot solutions those 3 themes and entuces would change me.
This is my opinion, if someone who uses it and wants to give yours we can contribute more information.

isabelbota's profile photo
isabelbota
09/19/2022 4:31 p.m.

DM 2 con páncreas agotado desde diciembre 2020. 51 años entonces.
HG diciembre 2020: 15.9. Última HG: julio 2024 5.8
Abasaglar 9 unidades. Metformina, 1000/0/1000. Humalog junior: 2 unid en desayuno y luego en función de lo que coma.

@isabelbota thanks for the info.

We will change because they will stop manufacturing the 2, as happened with the 1.
I was reluctant to 2 and I still think that free 1 was much better, with Glimp to calibrate.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
09/19/2022 6:28 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

I can only be used with the mobile is what throws me back completely ... I understand that people are comfortable but I certainly prefer to have a reader.

nigiri's profile photo
nigiri
09/20/2022 4:21 p.m.

DM1 desde 1990 - Fiasp y Toujeo - HG: 6,1

@isabelBota tell you that Diabox is already in Free3, in the official Telegram group the developer is telling the advances he is getting.

That the control in this aspect improves is only a matter of time, technology advances by leaps and bounds and there is more and more demand for what we will have more offers of competitors.

marine's profile photo
marine
09/20/2022 4:48 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

marine said:
@Isabelbota tell you that it is already in Diabox development for free3, in the official Telegram group the developer is telling the advances it is getting.

That the control in this aspect improves is only a matter of time, technology advances by leaps and bounds and there is more and more demand for what we will have more offers of competitors.

Thanks for the info.If you find out when you already tell me.

isabelbota
09/20/2022 10:19 p.m.

Abasaglar 9 unidades. Metformina, 1000/0/1000. Humalog junior: 2 unid en desayuno y luego en función de lo que coma.

@isabelbota Link

marine's profile photo
marine
09/21/2022 4:28 p.m.

A question @isabelbota;Why do you buy them, and you can not know your doctor, the 2 is given social security

pamagic's profile photo
pamagic
09/24/2022 5:47 p.m.

pamagic said:
a question @isabelbota;Why do you buy them, and you can not know your doctor, the 2 is given social security

Because I am type 2 and I still do not use insulin in all meals.The endo told me that it can prescribe it if I use insulin in all meals.

isabelbota
09/24/2022 9:08 p.m.

Thanks for the information.The nurse gave my son and we went crazy trying to change the alarm without success.Nor in LibreLink up could.And to finish off, the sensor stopped working at 7 days of use

Lucia70's profile photo
Lucia70
09/25/2022 11:08 a.m.

Hello, I don't have freestyle, I have dexcomg6.Freestyle can be connected to the pump?

titimartinez's profile photo
titimartinez
09/25/2022 11:46 a.m.

I have searched and read a lot about the free Style 3 in several countries and all agree that it only has two advantages, the size and continuous measurement.

Many miss functions to which Free 2 has accustomed us, they thought it would improve due to increasing competition, but it has not been so.

Although in theory it only requires a phone with Bluetooth and NFC, which are almost all that are manufactured today, there are referents of many users forced to change terminal for reading problems, etc ....

Free Style's reader will no longer serve or many applications to graduate reading and other functions

_Tacker_'s profile photo
_Tacker_
09/25/2022 10:55 p.m.

I imagine that they can improve the free app of 3, to offer all or almost everything you mention.It still seems incredible that in Spain, they still do not have app for iOS

McNulty's profile photo
McNulty
09/27/2022 4:57 p.m.

Padre de un peque con Diabetes tipo 1
- Humalog Junior y Abasaglar
- Freestyle Libre 2 ( Glucose direct )

mcnulty said:
I imagine that they can improve the free app, so that it offers all or almost everything you mention.It still seems incredible that in Spain, they still do not have app for iOS

It is very rare because in other countries it is.

isabelbota
09/27/2022 5:47 p.m.

An advantage of the 3 that I forgot to tell is that in addition to the "normal" reports (I refer to being between 70 and 180) offers TB the possibility of personalized reports.If, for example, we want to be between 80 and 140, values ​​are put in these ranges, apart from giving them also with the Standard values.
I see it useful for the issue of pregnancies or simply in case you want to refine more in the ranges.

isabelbota
09/27/2022 5:50 p.m.

@isabelBota But that is already free2, I have 70-125 in my reports.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
09/27/2022 10:31 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

ruthbia said:
@Isabelbota but that is already free2, I have 70-125 in my reports.

But there is only one report, the range you put, right?Or also gives you the two reports, the "classic" and the personalized?
By the way, you often get, I don't know if you will keep there, but if not, I would get depressed seeing me so much time out of rank ...

isabelbota
09/27/2022 11:38 p.m.

In the Diabox channel on Telegram they put the advances regarding free 3

Arse's profile photo
Arse
09/28/2022 1:47 p.m.

Lada desde 2018. Freestyle Libre 2. Tresiva y Humalog J. Alimentación "low carb".

wave said:
on the Diabox channel in Telegram are putting the advances with respect to Free 3
>

How can we find out those who are not on the Telegram Diabox channel?

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
10/02/2022 1:12 p.m.

The advantage of 3, apart from size, is that it is a continuous meter, without lack of moving and without delay.It is a lot.
The accuracy seems the same as the 2 .., but I hope they will be increasingly safe, because they will connect with pumps.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
01/10/2023 1:34 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

I update, just in case someone does not know, that the app of 3 for iOS is already available;)

Tam's profile photo
Tam
01/11/2023 7:29 p.m.

Diabetes tipo 1 desde los 28. Cuando quedo con mis amig@s siempre llego tarde, en la diabetes no iba a ser diferente 😅 También tengo hipotiroidismo, asma y alergias varias... soy una pupas.

Levemir y Fiasp
Freestyle Libre 2
Última HbA1c: 6 (Marzo 2023)

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.