{'en': 'Suicidal ideas and depression following type 1 diabetes', 'es': 'Ideas suicidas y depresión a raíz de diabetes tipo 1'} Image

Suicidal ideas and depression following type 1 diabetes

pepoxnite6's profile photo   09/08/2022 4:43 p.m.

First of all I present me, my name is Pedro I am 26 years old and since the age of 15 I am diabetic type 1.

For a few weeks that I did a glycosylated glycemia test, it came out for the first time very high 7.3%.

He tried to eat little and exercise but when I take sugar samples in the morning they usually come out in 250mg/dl having it at optimal levels when bedtime.

I am very afraid, more than everything I look for a relief because I have never spoken with other people with type 1 diabetes.

For a few days here I cry a lot and I have a lot of hopelessness.

I have seen that diabetes kills you in slow and horrible ways and I already have in mind that this is a cancer that will gradually be killing me, so sometimes I think that to avoid that suffering it is best to cancel your life from aFast and without suffering, the truth that the only thing that keeps me without making that decision are my parents, but in the same way, I do not believe that my life forecast can exceed 35 years, so in the same way my parents are going to havethat at some point take the cross of having had to bury a child.

I do not know what to do, I am in a different country where I do not speak their language and I do not have to go to.

In the same way I thank you and I do not know if there is a doctor here, at least I would like to know what comes to me to be prepared.

Thank you.

pepoxnite6's profile photo
pepoxnite6
09/08/2022 4:43 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hello Pedro.
First of all calm, if for the first time it has come out 7.3 nothing will happen to you.Diabetes damages with high values ​​maintained over time and you have time to fix the subject.
I do not know the treatment you have slow and fast, or when you wear the slow (tomorrow or night) and that I think it is important that you say it so that we can help you.
At the moment with the information you give, I cannot tell you much more but I wanted to tell you that everything has a solution, it is surely a subject of readjustment insulins.Do not be scared and are not negative.Tell your treatment and see how we can help you.

isabelbota's profile photo
isabelbota
09/08/2022 5:30 p.m.

DM 2 con páncreas agotado desde diciembre 2020. 51 años entonces.
HG diciembre 2020: 15.9. Última HG: julio 2024 5.8
Abasaglar 9 unidades. Metformina, 1000/0/1000. Humalog junior: 2 unid en desayuno y luego en función de lo que coma.

@PEPOXNITE6: Ask what you want. In this forum there are many people willing to help you.I have been with DM1 for more than 40 years and I have no complications.If you manage to normalize your sugar levels you will also improve that mood!

Ricki21's profile photo
Ricki21
09/08/2022 6:24 p.m.

DM1 desde 1982: Toujeo+Novorapid

@PEPOXNITE6, Hi, Pedro, with 7.3 nothing will happen to you, serious complications arrive after many years with higher glycosylated.You have a lifetime ahead.My daughter has been with diabetes and without complications for 27 years.
If you wake up high, you will surely have to upload the slow unit and wait two days in case you need to upload another.
I guess you also use fast at meals and measure you often, to adjust it.
You would have to talk to more people with diabetes, which has been with insulin for more than 60 years, with glycosiladas of 7 and having spent many years without almost control because when they started there were no glucometers.
You are well controlled, nothing will happen to you, and every time you get better treatments for everything.
Tell us what insulins you use to see if you can get you wake better.
And he lives quiet life, that everything is going well.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
09/08/2022 6:55 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Isabelbota said:
Hi Pedro.
First of all calm, if for the first time it has come out 7.3 nothing will happen to you.Diabetes damages with high values ​​maintained over time and you have time to fix the subject.
I do not know the treatment you have slow and fast, or when you wear the slow (tomorrow or night) and that I think it is important that you say it so that we can help you.
At the moment with the information you give, I cannot tell you much more but I wanted to tell you that everything has a solution, it is surely a subject of readjustment insulins.Do not be scared and are not negative.Tell your treatment and see how we can help you.

Thank you very much for your comment Isabel!Wow impressive knowing that, well I have usually kept glycosilated below 6.5% but this time it came out in 7.3 because I moved from country and there was a time that ate bad.There are times that glycemia comes out in 250-300 but I usually get in 120-80.I use fast action insulin mixed with intermediate action insulin NPH at breakfast, lunch with only fast action insulin and in dinners I return to make the rapid insulin mixture with that of intermediate action.I really are glad to know that it is possible to live more than 50 years with diabetes.It is the first time in my life that I have contact with other diabetics type 1 type 2 diabetics I know many but in reality it is not even the same.

pepoxnite6
09/08/2022 11:50 p.m.

ricki21 said:
@pepoxnite6: ask what you want. In this forum there are many people willing to help you.I have been with DM1 for more than 40 years and I have no complications.If you manage to normalize your sugar levels you will also improve that mood!

Thank you very much for your comment!40 years with diabetes and without complications?I really did not believe that that was possible that comment is too happy.It is that I never in my life either online or in real life I have met other people with type 1 diabetes. That glycosylated in 7.3 is the first time that I get so high, I usually handled HC1AC values ​​of 6.5%.greetings!

pepoxnite6
09/08/2022 11:54 p.m.

regina said:
@pepoxnite6, hello, Pedro, with 7.3 nothing will happen to you, serious complications arrive after many years with higher glycosilades.You have a lifetime ahead.My daughter has been with diabetes and without complications for 27 years.
If you wake up high, you will surely have to upload the slow unit and wait two days in case you need to upload another.
You would have to talk to more people with diabetes, which has been with insulin for more than 60 years, with glycosiladas of 7 and having spent many years without almost control because when they started there were no glucometers.
You are well controlled, nothing will happen to you, and every time you get better treatments for everything.
And live the quiet life, that everything is going well.

Regina thank you very much for your comment.Here I am reading your comments and I am surprised at how much you can live with type 1 diabetes. It is that the information I read on the Internet says horrible things about diabetes but already in this same forum and in other communities of diabetics it is normal to get peoplewith DT1 and with a normal life.Below I left the insulins that I use, mixture of fast action insulin with intermediate action NPH.Well, I got scared and depressed with that HC1AC because it is the first time that I get so high.

pepoxnite6
09/08/2022 11:57 p.m.

@PEPOXNITE6, if you use that mixture, you can upload a unit the slow night and wait two days to see if it is enough.
Those insulins in mixture are the first that my daughter used and, although she had good glycosilada, she also had very rigid food schedules and many hypoglycemia.
Talk to your doctor to see if you can put a guideline of a flatter and faster insulin before meals.
You can eat at the time you want and you will be with more stable values.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
09/09/2022 4:36 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

pepoxnite6 said:
regina said:
@pepoxnite6, hello, Pedro, with 7.3 nothing will happen to you, the serious complications arrive afterMany years with higher glycosylated.You have a lifetime ahead.My daughter has been with diabetes and without complications for 27 years.
And live the quiet life, that everything is going well.

Regina thank you very much for your comment.Here I am reading your comments and I am surprised at how much you can live with type 1 diabetes. It is that the information I read on the Internet says horrible things about diabetes but already in this same forum and in other communities of diabetics it is normal to get peoplewith DT1 and with a normal life.Below I left the insulins that I use, mixture of fast action insulin with intermediate action NPH.And well, I got scared and depressed with that HC1AC because it is the first time I get so high.

Internet has good and bad things.You can scare yourself a lot reading.I recommend that for theme diabetes you advise you in the forum and not in other pages.Here there are many type 1 diabetics that can help you, do not stop asking everything you want or get the moral, if you continue with your control as nothing will happen to you.

isabelbota's profile photo
isabelbota
09/09/2022 6:56 a.m.

DM 2 con páncreas agotado desde diciembre 2020. 51 años entonces.
HG diciembre 2020: 15.9. Última HG: julio 2024 5.8
Abasaglar 9 unidades. Metformina, 1000/0/1000. Humalog junior: 2 unid en desayuno y luego en función de lo que coma.

Here we are many who have been with diabetes for years and we are fine, and most have passed times of bad controls.I have been from 17 years and I have 36 now and I only have a slight retinopathy in both eyes that only requires annual reviews to control it.In case I will give me treatment with Laser that are very effective.I have recently passed a pregnancy with diabetes and everything has come out perfect.
My sister has been since 3 years and now with 35 is perfectly without any complication and passed adolescence with worse controls than yours, with glycosylated 8 many times.

I recommend that you learn what you can to control the disease that is what helps to carry good controls and with that will live many years and without complications.You are young and surely you have social networks, enter Instagram and seek accounts of people with diabetes, there are many who share their experience and give information to improve control.I put some that are very good, once you are following some will come out more and you can write that most answer you and help you.
@donsarino, @la_Trabadelo, @eurekilla @miguelambrona, @diabetesbien, @vivetudiabetespsr, @mercelorcabellobi, @normalizatudiabetes.There are many, these are the ones that occur to me right now that they are fine.

Much encouragement and do not see diabetes as something so negative, you can have a long and healthy life with the disease.

Yessica_A's profile photo
Yessica_A
09/09/2022 8:20 a.m.

DM1 desde 2003 | Toujeo + Humalog | FreeStyle 2 | HbA1c 5.5

I agree with all the comments, @PEPOXNITE6 Diabetes is a background race, we all go through specific situations of despair like the ones you comment, but believe me to be overcome!

In my case I have already been ... about 25 years with diabetes, and I assure you that I have had worse results of HBA1C to which you comment, the "good news" is that you can improve it, it is a matter of adapting insulin to get levelslower, it has its effort, but it is totally viable.

I hope we have been able to encourage you among all, and please ask more than you need!;-)

fer's profile photo
fer
09/09/2022 9:40 a.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

@Pepoxnite6, you can make normal and without complications.

21 years with type 1 diabetes and without complications, I debuted like you with 15 years and now I have 36.

My glycal stockings have been 6.2 and occasionally 7.5 sporadic.

Exercise, food and mental well -being.

Encourage that the only thing that has no solution is death, life is beautiful .. Enjoy it

marine's profile photo
marine
09/09/2022 10:44 a.m.

@PEPOXNITE6 Welcome to the forum.I have only been diagnosed with type 1 diabetes for 3 years, but I tell you the same as the rest: you just have to take care of yourself and you can make your normal life without complications.Adapt the insulin units well at all times, and you will see how you return to the levels you had before.Here we are many of us who are the same as you, and we are willing to help us in everything necessary.
Much encouragement :)

Carussa's profile photo
Carussa
09/09/2022 10:55 a.m.

DM1 desde octubre de 2019 | Toujeo + Fiasp | FreeStyle | febrero 2023: HbA1c 5,7

I debut with a 17 -year -old glycosilada and look here, I have been going down to 5 that was the last May analysis.The important thing is that insulin readjus and control food, eat animal and plant protein and go better.Try to do sports, especially muscle.And we have to get used to living with her, we have no other, but with a positive attitude

adrianasanz's profile photo
adrianasanz
09/09/2022 2:14 p.m.

The first thing you have to do is consult Contu Endocrine to help you carry good blood glucose levels.7.3 It is not alarming, you will improve, but calm.
You do not have to eat little, you have to control the intake of everything that carries carbohydrates, fats, and proteins do not affect glucose levels, as well as fiber, and instead help glucose rises more slowly,so that time to make its effect on insulin.
On the other hand, diabetes is one of the first 5 causes of depression, so if you have depression, going to a doctor will help you, and above all it will help you regulate your glucose levels well, which is not easy, but with will you learnAnd it is achieved.You should also know that moods affect the efficacy of insulin, so the one that helps you with that mood will help you regulate glucose levels.
Greetings.You do well to be responsible, don't worry that you can get along if they help you.

A hug
Pere

PeterNut's profile photo
PeterNut
09/09/2022 3:59 p.m.

@PEPOXNITE6 Do not throw the towel that there is always some method to have the glycemia controlled, even in your case you lift yourself high.
I suspect you lack slow insulin.
Comment with your endocrine, not having it, you send us screenshot of the graphics and you'll see how you can help us.
Think that it is like a job diabetes, no matter how hard art be it, over time you acquire tricks to systematize it and end up doing it with closed eyes.
That does not decay that mood.

Lowcarb's profile photo
Lowcarb
09/11/2022 11:12 a.m.

Hijo con 6 años con DM1. Novorrapid, Lantus, FreeStyle.

pepoxnite6 said:
first of all I introduce me, my name is Pedro I am 26 years old and since the age of 15 I am diabetic type 1.

For a few weeks that I did a glycosylated glycemia test, it came out for the first time very high 7.3%.

He tried to eat little and exercise but when I take sugar samples in the morning they usually come out in 250mg/dl having it at optimal levels when bedtime.

I am very afraid, more than everything I look for a relief because I have never spoken with other people with type 1 diabetes.

For a few days here I cry a lot and I have a lot of hopelessness.

I have seen that diabetes kills you in slow and horrible ways and I already have in mind that this is a cancer that will gradually be killing me, so sometimes I think that to avoid that suffering it is best to cancel your life from aFast and without suffering, the truth that the only thing that keeps me without making that decision are my parents, but in the same way, I do not believe that my life forecast can exceed 35 years, so in the same way my parents are going to havethat at some point take the cross of having had to bury a child.

I do not know what to do, I am in a different country where I do not speak their language and I do not have to go to.

In the same way I thank you and I do not know if there is a doctor here, at least I would like to know what comes to me to be prepared.

Thank you.

If it serves as comfort I am at 7,1-7.4 and my endocrine tells me that it is fine, but if it is 7 better. Anyway with 7.3 you will not have problems. It is more, my endocrine tells methat I did not go to me with less than 140 because when I had a 6.5 glucosiladaA nhacer "horrible things2 that you have in your head.

cacharro's profile photo
cacharro
09/11/2022 11:25 a.m.

Hello,
I have been 32 years old with this race, debut at age 12, complications 0, I had my daughter with 35 years and without any complication, you can lead a very normal life with its high and low, like any chronic disease

Many animals

barry's profile photo
barry
09/11/2022 2:19 p.m.

Hello, do not worry the complications appear at 10 or 15 years of diabetes and with glycades of 9 or 10 I have 38 years with type I diabetes and glycades of 7-7.5 and I have had two daughters and I am perfect it is impossible to be between 80and 150. And if you lift your high, the slow one increases and when bedtime you do not take anything, I will sometimes get up or low and nothing happens.

YaizaJ's profile photo
YaizaJ
09/11/2022 2:55 p.m.

Hello Pedro, good night.
My name is Sergio, I have birth type I diabetes.
I am currently 50 years old and zero complications.
The last revision The Glico was in 7, the previous one in 8 because I fiee only from the sensor as my endocrine told me and it gives me a lot of mistake.
The kidneys well, the perfect view, good heart, lively, no circulation problem ........ My paternal grandfather had diabetes (very poorly controlled because he was eating) from a young age too and died with almost 90 yearswithout any complication that could be said to be directly from diabetes.
Yes, he wore glasses ...... But with almost 90 years it was the only thing he had.
Without any other medicine than insulin.
Beyond what diabetes of chronicity and control in eating habits and sport is, which is already !!!..... I don't think you should give it more pábulo and live as calmly as possible.

Cheer up, there are many people here on the same ship that they know a lot and are willing to help.

1975's profile photo
09/12/2022 12:47 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.