{'en': 'Smartwatch compatible with Dexcom G6', 'es': 'Smartwatch compatible con DEXCOM G6'} Image

Smartwatch compatible with Dexcom G6

GlucoMaratón's profile photo   10/02/2022 7:47 p.m.

Good afternoon,

I present myself in this forum and greet all the members of him.

I am type1 diabetic since 1998 and a week ago I have put the Dexcom G6 sensor.

I have the bad habit of making marathons (with the training that this is when preparing it) and I see that there is a possibility of visualizing the glucose in some smartwatch models without the need to take the phone to see it.

I have been trying to get something clear but every time I have more doubts, I have looked in the diabetes technology category and I don't see information about what I am looking for (I don't find it rather).

If you could tell me where I can see information that Smartwatch I can buy and if there is any model that I do not have to use the phone, although this would give me a little the same because I always carry the phone when I go to run (the phone I have is Samsungwith SO Android).

Where can I see the information to match the smartwatch with the Dexcom G6 or with the phone and if any app is needed, because I have seen something that XDrip is needed to see the glucose on the smartwatch.

Forgive if there are many questions and I hope I haven't jumped any step from the presentation in the forum.

Thank you!

GlucoMaratón's profile photo
GlucoMaratón
10/02/2022 7:47 p.m.

Diabético tipo 1 desde 1998
Infusora ACCU-CHEK Insight
32 maratones desde diagnostico de la diabetes
Medidor de glucosa continua DEXCOM G6

It depends;There are several threads, some for Garmin and Bicycle, others only clock, others to share data with several mobiles ....

For Garmin, share data between several mobiles and some smartwatches use Nightscout to raise Diabox data, or freelink patching to a cloud and then with XDRIP to share.

Dexcom G6 I don't remember reading anything, but surely someone has paved to transmit data via XDrip.
Link

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
10/03/2022 8:24 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Thank you very much for the Ruthbia information, the link that you put in the answer I was seeing yesterday and I do not see information from the Dexcom G6.
Surely there will be some way to do it with Xdrip, the problem is that having to buy the clock, I want to be sure.
I called this morning to the Novolab's assistance phone and I have made the consultphone.
They have assured me that this works.
If someone could confirm this, I would appreciate it.
Greetings

GlucoMaratón
10/03/2022 3:15 p.m.

I use that app, Link style = "max-width: 300px;
With my Samsung Smartwatch.
For this I have installed Diabox as a glucose reader, in fact I like FreeLink because it measures Bluetooth without having to pass the mobile on the sensor, gives more parameters and can be calibrate.

Link

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
10/03/2022 4:16 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Hello Ruthbia, I want to try to install Diabox and in the PlayStory I do not see it, would you mind weighing the link?
Thank you very much and forgive for the inconvenience

GlucoMaratón
10/03/2022 7:15 p.m.

It is downloaded from Telegram.It is an open group:
Link

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
10/03/2022 7:48 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Hi Ruthbia, because I have already installed Diabox and it is a shame not to have known about this app before they changed me from freestyle to Dexcom.Now with the Dexcom it does not give the option of pairing and yet the freestyle that I have and that was expired at 9:00 p.m. is making the readings.
I think the Dexcom G6 cannot be paired with the Diabox.
Thank you so much

GlucoMaratón
10/04/2022 12:32 a.m.

With Descom G6 you have to go via Nightcout + XDrip and from there to the clock.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
10/04/2022 8:16 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Well, I go with it, let's see if I don't get very complicated and I find the information to try.
Thank you very much and I tell you

GlucoMaratón
10/04/2022 8:40 a.m.

I did it with this man:
Link

Very easy.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
10/04/2022 1:44 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Hello, because I have already managed to finish the Nightscout theme and I have not had much luck because I have no way of seeing glucose values, I have followed the whole procedure and it seems that it is fine but I do not know if something is missing.
XDrip is necessary for Dexcom to send the values ​​to Nightscout?I think I have some mess ...
Forgive for my awkwardness and thanks in advance.

GlucoMaratón
10/06/2022 1:52 a.m.

gluchomarathon said:
hello, because I have already managed to finish the nighttscout theme and I have not had much luck because I have no way of seeing glucose values, I have followed the whole procedure and it seems that thisWell, I don't know if I'm missing something.
XDrip is necessary for Dexcom to send the values ​​to Nightscout?I think I have some mess ...

Hello, I used Dexcom for more than a year, and XDrip+ and Nightscout is completely unnecessary and not recommended with Dexcom G6, since Dexcom is the only company currently that officially supports the official integration with Wearos watches, and Apple Watch.

It is advisable to download the official Dexcom app, and see the data on the clock.I bought the Fossil Gen 5 clock, and very happy, although next week the Google Pixel Watch will come out, and the safest thing is that I renew the watch, it will have Wearos 3!

I hope it is useful.

All the best.

DavidAG2000's profile photo
DavidAG2000
10/06/2022 2:23 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hello, I have not answered before because I still try to do it with the Garmin Phoenix 3 that I currently have.
I have already managed to finish the account process in Nightscout and I can see the glucose on the phone the Nightscout page.Now I have no way that no app or widget connects to the Heroku URL.I do not know if I have any step and the XDrip is necessary or it cannot really be done.
As a last resort I will have to buy a clock that David recommends me.
If you can help me I thank you.
Thank you so much

GlucoMaratón
10/07/2022 8:41 a.m.

It doesn't work for me today.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
10/07/2022 1:23 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Hello, I am the Ususary of Dexcom for 9 years.

To use it you need:

- or a compatible Samsung phone or an iPhone (see Dexcom page).
- Any Android phone with XDRIP+ Link
- Any Android phone with the official Dexcom application "modified" for any Android phone.
Link

The best option is, without a doubt, XDrip+.Although, only at the beginning, it costs a bit to understand and configure it.

To this day, Dexcom cannot be used with any clock directly (as a collector).Either with the official application or with XDrip+, the collector must always be the phone.If Wearos 3 is popularized, this may change.Several years ago I could use the clock directly connected to the DEXCOM, but the Dexcom and Google software policies are changing and from XDRIP they are adapting.

If you want to see XDRIP on the clock (highly recommended) you will need a watch with Wearos 3 (Android) and the Wear Installer 2 application (search on YouTube to configure it).I recommend a Samsung Galaxy Watch 4 or 5. Unfortunately, Pixel Watch is not going to leave, for the moment, in Spain.

I use a pixel 6 Pro and a Samsung Galaxy Watch 4 without problems.

If you need help, send me your phone private and we talk.

All the best.

Gonz's profile photo
Gonz
10/09/2022 11:57 a.m.

@"Glucomaratón", to see if it serves you what comes on the Dexcom website
Link
You come a list of compatible devices, by brand, model ...

Repipa's profile photo
Repipa
10/09/2022 11:59 a.m.

Tresiba 14 unidades a las 14:00 horas
Novorapid a demanda,pluma júnior medias unidades
MCG Dexcom G6
43 años diabética 💪

repipa said:
@"glucomarathon", to see if it serves you what comes on the Dexcom website
Link

davidag2000 said:
gluchomaraton said:
hello, because I have already managed to finish the nighttscout theme and I have not had much luck because I have no way of seeing theGlucose values, I have followed the whole procedure and it seems that it is fine but I don't know if something is missing.

Hello, I used Dexcom for more than a year, and XDrip+ and Nightscout is completely unnecessary and not recommended with Dexcom G6, since Dexcom is the only company currently that officially supports the official integration with Wearos watches, and Apple Watch.

It is advisable to download the official Dexcom app, and see the data on the clock.I bought the Fossil Gen 5 clock, and very happy, although next week the Google Pixel Watch will come out, and the safest thing is that I renew the watch, it will have Wearos 3!

I hope it is useful.

Greetings.

Hello David, what you tell me I have tried it with a clock Suunto 7 that is supposedly within the features that are needed and the App's screen appears on the clock, I talked to Dexcom and they did not know how to say the problem.
Thank you so much

GlucoMaratón
10/09/2022 5:51 p.m.

repipa said:
@"glucomarathon", to see if it serves you what comes on the Dexcom website
Link

Hello, I have already entered here several times to make sure the devices are compatible and according to the page the mine are.
Thank you

GlucoMaratón
10/09/2022 5:54 p.m.

Hello!
I have to change clock and I need help.I have a Samsung and I was thinking of buying the Galaxy Watch 6, but just when I was going to pay I have realized that the operating system is not the Wear OS, which this is new ...
Does anyone have it and know if it is compatible with XDrip?

NiñaBurbuja's profile photo
NiñaBurbuja
11/09/2023 1:43 p.m.

T1 diagnosticada a los 24, tengo 31.
Además soy celiaca y con muchas alergias alimentarias, entre ellas profilina. Recientemente diagnosticada con hipotiroidismo también.

Yes, wearos, version 4, you can easily check it using Google.

Gonz's profile photo
Gonz
11/09/2023 3:30 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.