I would tell you no.First the 1 and then 2. I explain.With that age for not knowing, he does not know how to read, so as to calculate a temporary basal dose in the pump due to activity, for example, or indicate other aspects such as carbohydrate intakes ..... he still doesn't know.Are you going to be all day with the pump command?That he learns from his diabetes with something not so continuous (the pump is injecting but the needs of the week, may not be those of the weekend to carry other schedules and need temporal basals, to cite a case) such as injections andThen I will decide when I am older.
To understand us better, it's like pointing to Crio to English classes with only 4 years (which many parents do).It does not know even in Spanish what is a verb or a determinant and you already intend to know in English.And so, you pay money just to learn to sing songs in English, the numbers and colors.No, that expense is not worth it.First the one and then the two, that each thing has its moment.It will already be worth the bomb.
In addition, he will jump, play ....... He will hook the catheter of the pump in you to know how to start the canula;When the battery is over in school in the middle of a class or playing in the patio?Or the deposit?Sav will change it?Will you keep playing without giving importance but without changing them?And if one day he gets awake and does not declare a bolus in the pump at the time?Will you know what you should do?
Definitely no.Salu2