{'en': 'Insulin pump yes or no?', 'es': '¿Bomba de insulina sí o no?'} Image

Insulin pump yes or no?

MotherMom's profile photo   10/11/2022 10:46 a.m.

@Mothermom uffff I esq when I see him in 80/90 I do not punish him until after eating (that told me in the hospital) but of course, if you do not click he goes to the moon.
They did not give us what I had to prick according to what I had.They always gave me the same dose (although it will then vary at home according to results).If X is below 80, he punctured him ee and if he is between 80-180 he punctured him before.
The only thing that explained to me are the bolos ee correction from 250. I do not know if they expanded this
I don't know if your child happens to you, but mine between 100-200 esq does not hold me more than 2h at most.Of 150 low Q hallucins but like this in 250….It costs a world to go down without insulin x much that trots
@Ruthbia I thought that;In not giving hydrates x e.a night xq Realmonte gets tired when eating and does not eat the rations that told us.Some told me that I should eat hydrates that correspond to him and others who eat during the day that the night does not give him.
I do not know to what point those hydrates nutritional mind but as it is starting to eat solids, it does not reach 13/14 rations that tell me that it has to eat or crazy.In breakfast more than milk does not enter….So I'm lost in everything 😭😭😭

rachel86's profile photo
rachel86
10/13/2022 4:36 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

When the endocrine begins with diabetes, the hydrates of each meal and the doses for them can evaluate the insulin units.
With the months we disconnect and self -manage, instead of the doctor.
Over the years we went from the famous 13 rations/day, 5 meals and reduced to 40 or 50 and 3 meals.

When the body does not have hydrates, it burns fat to have carbohydrates, we basically do not need hydrates to live.When we are born, we are ketogenic, we live with breast milk protein.
Hydrate is the "easy" fuel for the body.

Babies can eat fewer hydrates at night like adults, is to find what they like best: turkey, ham, cheese, tortilla, I don't know, surely you can think of something.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
10/13/2022 9:32 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

@Ruthbia I already figure that over time one already dominates everything perfectly.Now for the moment I cling to what doctors have given me for fear, insecurity and ignorance towards the subject.At the moment I follow the guidelines, and it has its hydrates in breakfast, food and dinner (less), but what are lunches and snacks play with ham, jelly without sugar, cheese, tortillas as you say and luckily loves everything.
@Rachel86 Well my child when I get off 180 I am already alert because it normally continues to go down, although luckily it is usually before meals, and if I do a skimmed yogurt from those 0 sugars and it raises a little that usually goes well.The corrections they gave me are from 200, they gave me several ranges.And it's like everything ... mine usually runs running and jumping but there will be days that for whatever costs more.Courage and Happy Night: Smiley:

MotherMom's profile photo
MotherMom
10/13/2022 10:15 p.m.

@Mothermom, what insulins do you use?
There are very flat slow ones, but I don't know if they are authorized in children.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
10/13/2022 10:21 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

@Regina the slow one is Levemir and the rapid Humalog.

MotherMom
10/13/2022 10:27 p.m.

@Mathherman, they are the ones that usually give in children, but they are more unstable than the other slow ones, Qcreo that can be put from the age of 5 ..

Regina's profile photo
Regina
10/13/2022 11:13 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)

I believe that every master has its booklet as they say….And each doctor recommends as they think.They told me correction from 250 I did not know, but since they were discharged they have not modified the hydrates or the corrections guidelines.They leave me to "eye" but as I said it is so sensitive that I don't know how to correction.I find it safer to stay high and go down because COK the correction does not reach the next meal and we started dance ...
@Regina I have Humalog and Lentus.
Today I had the pump course session and I have asked and they tell me that I cannot remove hydrates that are the energy especially the children 🤷🏻‍♀️ but I still say that the night for noses has to be less because if it is starting to chew… More than an tortilla to the poor does not enter and with the bibi and 0.20 🤦🏻‍♀️ it looks “half well”
This is crazy!Thanks Xicas!Good Noxe!

rachel86's profile photo
rachel86
10/13/2022 11:44 p.m.

@Rachel86, you know better than anyone what your child can dine, you don't have to force him to eat more, if he doesn't want to.Add the insulin to what you eat, not everyone has to eat the same amounts.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
10/14/2022 12:20 a.m.

If the tall child stays between meals, once the Humalog effect has passed, it is because it lacks slow;And vice versa if without moving much it lowers quickly, after the 3 hours of the Humalog would slow down.
Lantus and Levemir are very similar, when you put them, at 3-4 more or less they do their action, that is, you notice the glycemia downturn, so the time is important;I should coincide with a digestion so that they do not give them hypoglycemia or be aware of giving them a hydrate 1 hour before the peak so that it does not enter hiccup.

Hydrates are energy, but also fats and proteins;The body has mechanisms to turn everything into carbohydrates.Children have to eat what they need, a few days eat better and others worse, but they don't always have 4 servings because yes.For doctors it is easy to demand it because they calculate insulin;They have no other reason.
Do not miss your mothers instinct, nobody knows your baby better than your mother.
Doctors follow "guidelines", they do not particularize.
I was admitted and they told me the same as you, correct from 250;And I told the nurse that if she was crazy.I correct from 160, but go to 300 or 400 and take 5 hours to go down.(I asked for volunteer)
The same with your babies, you know from what value you should put 0.5 units so that it does not go very high, how long to go down and in what more or less values ​​are great.

Unfortunately, this disease is a test and error and does not always follow a pattern, which today works, in two days it fails.Little by little to reduce hydrates, insulin and increase protein, you will see how nothing happens and children are fine.
There are parents who follow Dr. Bernstein's book on food and are happy (it is based on reducing hydrates, that is, being ketogenic) because they better control glycemia with the reduction of hydrates.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
10/14/2022 8:55 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

@Ruthbia yes, I'm doing that.As it is starting with the solids, the other day I gave the French tortilla with turkey and the bibi and click little and it was fine (0.20) but then other days as you say the opposite occurs.I'm not going to force the child to eat more.Indeed at breakfast does not eat 3, it is taken as a good bibi 1.5 ration and does not want cookies….And so it will continue because it is very big, it does not overwhelm me that Canijillo is staying.
The problem that I have are so small amounts.X Example, the slow x the night is removed and stepped on in the morning xq had many hypo.I only put 0.20 at 7 in the morning.X The morning is going well, but logically at the time of food or snack there is not even the memory, and esq if I put something else I collapse twice from the pull x the morning….If this all my problem is that being so little with the dilutions, never know how to react
It is true, every test - error and the doctor is the same.I am very unhappy with the “debut” of Sergio XQ in August we have been practically alone, there were no pediatric and fixed endocrine with the holidays and there were weeks alone in my house Q ni x tlf there was anyone to assist me.
I know this is to try… but it seems amazing with how difficult it is that they leave people with babies so alone and overwhelmed the truth

rachel86's profile photo
rachel86
10/14/2022 10:32 a.m.

@Rachel86 Lantus as Levemir do not cover 24 hours;They last about 18-20 according to each person.I, as an adult, put it in 2 doses, at 12 noon a tiny memory.Ask the endocrine if at about 22:00 you should put 1-2 you slowly so that it will stop you until 7:00 the next day.Or try yourself, they recommended a reinforcement that was 15% (= 2 units) of the total of Lantus/Levemir (use both) at 12 hours of having put me 85% (= 12 units).
If you try, have juices that you like or something with a lot of hydrate that you like a lot in case the dose is not right.

Not only to babies, adults do not treat us better either, depending on which center and/or region.They sent me home with insulin recipes, with a paper pattern, without needles and full bridge of 4 days.You had to see my face with the pen in my hand and without knowing how to put the insulin because I had no needles inside the box at 2:00 in the morning after having 19 hours between hospitals, urgencies and consultations.

At 3 months I realized that the endocrine, which was Maja I have to say, simply looked at my data (which I scored on a sheet) and I said low the slow or open it, it was proof and error.There was no calculation, science or something behind.If a week I got up below 140, I told me continue with 8 units, if the next one was a day or two of 150, it told me 1 unit.In the end, I dared to get out of the meal pattern and try for myself, that if with control, that is, having fast hydrates in itself.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
10/14/2022 11:29 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

We are putting 1 in the morning before breakfast and 1 at night before dinner.We had removed the slow night because it came short in the morning and we always had to take it a lot, but it climbed a lot and remained in 200-300 at night so it is not a plan either.We have returned to 1-1 and it seems that it remains quite well.

MotherMom
10/14/2022 11:47 a.m.

Girls, be careful to recommend guidelines that adults carry for babies.It has nothing to do with diabetes with another.
This is proof and error, that is so, but the body of an adult and the body of a baby will never react, in fact, the ranges that are requested between them are different.
A lot of patience and if your endocrine or endocrine does not convince you, change.

nigiri's profile photo
nigiri
10/14/2022 1:54 p.m.

DM1 desde 1990 - Fiasp y Toujeo - HG: 6,1

nigiri said:
girls, careful recommending guidelines that adults carry for babies.It has nothing to do with diabetes with another.
This is proof and error, that is so, but the body of an adult and the body of a baby will never react, in fact, the ranges that are requested between them are different.
A lot of patience and if your endocrine or endocrine does not convince you, change.

Totally agree.

isabelbota's profile photo
isabelbota
10/14/2022 2:56 p.m.

DM 2 con páncreas agotado desde diciembre 2020. 51 años entonces.
HG diciembre 2020: 15.9. Última HG: julio 2024 5.8
Abasaglar 9 unidades. Metformina, 1000/0/1000. Humalog junior: 2 unid en desayuno y luego en función de lo que coma.

Yes, if you always have to consult with the endocrine and propose the option (slow in 2 doses) if it does not propose it to confirm.Or change doctor because there are from the old school.
If someone does it at their own risk, have the remedy on hand.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
10/14/2022 9:49 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

@Ruthbia I will ask him again but I fear that when the effect of the quick of dinner ends, if he starts playing the slow down.I tried to change it to several hours, I tried between 8 p.m. and 10pm but nothing.It is the same.
I hope I watch you with the other thread.You are helping me a lot
It's amazing how the Debot treat.What fear !!It seems that they are used to and do not give them importance .. but that anguish starts from not helping I suppose that the levels until you get worse and if there are already enough factors that we cannot control you only need more stress !!In the end, as you say, the doctor is yourself
Regarding the juices and others that you tell me that I have on hand if I have them.I have Doraimon's backpack always but for you to see the child's sensitivity: with 2 baby jug without sugar, it goes to 200/230 in 10min.I guess if I give it on the normal ... explode or fly 🤦🏻‍♀️

rachel86's profile photo
rachel86
10/14/2022 11:47 p.m.

The juices rise fast, but they also go down quickly but have accompaniment of fat and/or protein.
I may over slowly, if it goes down dive after the humalog, it is slow.Endocrine look at the value when awakening and some do not consider what happens between meals.The basal should allow us to get up at an optimal value and not have hypos per day.

The normal thing is that after eating at 2 hours it is below 180, between half there may be everything.For debut it was quieter before, without sensors, you half at 2 hours and you saw 130 and tranquility.So with everything, you didn't know what was happening between meals but the control was good.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
10/15/2022 9:51 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Thanks @ruthbia !!!I believe that as it has so little slow a couple of hours or three, but as I get 0.10 it falls ... today it has happened to me again.Like this ... or I did not get
That is true, in the hospital when he was admitted I did not see what was between hours and I stressed less the truth.I try to do it but among the alarms and that I need to know how things go up because he is starting to try solid things will give me a parraque !!I can't get x staying below 180 at 2h ... as very close I stay in 220.If I put more I get off 1h later just eating ... it affects you a lot.Honestly, I stay tranqila with the 220 xq to the next meal it gets well or even comes to me.Today at the snack and dinner I arrived in 80 or I had to advance….What mess !! thousand thanks

rachel86's profile photo
rachel86
10/16/2022 12:23 a.m.

@Rachel86 The slow lasts between 18-24 hours being Levemir or Lantus, even if it is little.Use little by the honeymoon since it still has its own insulin in the reserve (this is measured by the peptide c)
The descents are by Humalog, this hard insulin of 2.5-4 hours according to each person.If with 220 at 2 hours it reaches the next meal well, see it, but should not use Humalog, or lower units in Lantus to avoid hypoglycemia.

Do not trust the sensor, always a capillary.They fail a lot above or below.
Notice that Abbott does not recommend use in children under 4 and 4-12 years with an adult supervision.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
10/17/2022 8:40 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

I have found this article, in case it helps you:
Link

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
10/17/2022 11:46 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.