{'en': 'Doubt in antibodies', 'es': 'Duda en anticuerpos'} Image

Doubt in antibodies

adrianasanz's profile photo   08/31/2022 10:57 a.m.

Good morning:

I have a question.Let's see if I explain

A glucose debut 300 on an empty stomach with a glycosilad

The treatment of slow and fast insulin begins, after 8 months of insulin treatment they perform an antibody test, giving negative, and with very low peptide c levels

What type of diabetes do you present?

When giving negative antibodies, it is type2, but when it takes several months with insulin treatment you can falsify the antibody test, giving the possibility of being type 1.

Having very low peptide C levels, it produces practically any insulin, giving the possibility of being type 1

It is a question that I have.If someone could clarify it to me, I would appreciate it.

Greetings and thank you very much!

adrianasanz's profile photo
adrianasanz
08/31/2022 10:57 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

It looks like a diabetes 2 with exhausted pancreas.

Ensalada's profile photo
Ensalada
08/31/2022 11:02 a.m.

LADA desde septiembre de 2021
Toujeo y Fiasp
Aprendiendo

salad said:
looks like a diabetes 2 with exhausted pancreas.

thank you so much:

The symptoms of debut were from one day to another, it was not little by little in the course of the years
The person is not obese at all, but quite the opposite
I have also read that the antibody test must be performed at the time of the diagnosis.Because once insulin treatment has begun, it would no longer be so reliable

thank you so much

adrianasanz
08/31/2022 11:18 a.m.

adrianasanz said:
good morning:

The treatment of slow and fast insulin begins, after 8 months of insulin treatment they perform an antibody test, giving negative, and with very low peptide c levels

When giving negative antibodies, it is type2, but when it takes several months with insulin treatment you can falsify the antibody test, giving the possibility of being type 1

Having very low peptide C levels, it produces practically any insulin, giving the possibility of being type 1

It is a question that I have.If someone could clarify it to me, I would appreciate it.

Greetings and thank you very much

Well, it's exactly my case, it can't be more nailed.Debut in December with 360 on an empty stomach and 15.9 of glycosilada.Symptoms, all mentioned (hunger, thirst, weight loss, excessive pee and ketones).I am not Obesa (I stayed in 47kg then but my normal weight was around 53, I am already in 51).Insulin treatment until February that the endo sees me and I give negative antibodies and peptide C for the dreams.
Diagnosis: Type2 with exhausted pancreas, as salad says.
(I had not read anything that insulin treatment can alter the antibody results, that is so?)

isabelbota's profile photo
isabelbota
08/31/2022 11:52 a.m.

DM 2 con páncreas agotado desde diciembre 2020. 51 años entonces.
HG diciembre 2020: 15.9. Última HG: julio 2024 5.8
Abasaglar 9 unidades. Metformina, 1000/0/1000. Humalog junior: 2 unid en desayuno y luego en función de lo que coma.

I do not understand why they took so long to do the antibody test and did not know that antibodies can vary with insulin treatment.
This diabetes is very complicated;Every time a new member enters the forum and tell your debut you discover something new.

Ensalada's profile photo
Ensalada
08/31/2022 11:54 a.m.

LADA desde septiembre de 2021
Toujeo y Fiasp
Aprendiendo

salad said:
I don't understand why they took so long to do the antibody test and did not know that antibodies can vary with insulin treatment.
This diabetes is very complicated;Every time a new member enters the forum and tell your debut you discover something new.

Head doctors cannot do it and many resist sending the endocrine, as was my case.I had to insist and insist, it cost me life.In the report to Endo, he put "patient who insists on endocrine recognition ... 🤣🤣"
It has cloth.
But my brother who is type 1, seeing my 15.9 glyca told me to insist, that the endocrine are for that.

isabelbota
08/31/2022 11:59 a.m.

Abasaglar 9 unidades. Metformina, 1000/0/1000. Humalog junior: 2 unid en desayuno y luego en función de lo que coma.

salad said:
I don't understand why they took so long to do the antibody test and did not know that antibodies can vary with insulin treatment.

salad said:

I was reading and the antibody test must be done at the time of the diagnosis.and detect 90% of cases.Although I think this statement is not so absolute.

adrianasanz
08/31/2022 12:09 p.m.

Isabelbota said:
salad said:
I don't understand why they took so long to do the antibody test and did not know that antibodies can vary with the treatment ofinsulin.

Head doctors cannot do it and many resist sending the endocrine, as was my case.I had to insist and insist, it cost me life.In the report to Endo, he put "patient who insists on endocrine recognition ... 🤣🤣"
It has cloth.
But my brother who is type 1, seeing my 15.9 glyc

In this case, the header was resisted, and several times had to be insisted.The endocrine when seeing how the clinically dictated debut type 1 had been.

adrianasanz
08/31/2022 12:11 p.m.

Some things have to change in the treatment of type 2 diabetes.Come on, to send you to the emergency department.

Ricki21's profile photo
Ricki21
08/31/2022 12:17 p.m.

DM1 desde 1982: Toujeo+Novorapid

Isabelbota said:
adrianasanz said:
good morning:

When giving negative antibodies, it is type2, but when it takes several months with insulin treatment you can falsify the antibody test, giving the possibility of being type 1

Well, it's exactly my case, it can't be more nailed.Debut in December with 360 on an empty stomach and 15.9 of glycosilada.Symptoms, all mentioned (hunger, thirst, weight loss, excessive pee and ketones).I am not Obesa (I stayed in 47kg then but my normal weight was around 53, I am already in 51).Insulin treatment until February that the endo sees me and I give negative antibodies and peptide C for the dreams.
(I had not read anything that insulin treatment can alter the antibody results, that is so?)

It is what I have read.that the results can be falsified, but it is not such an absolute statement
In the end it is the same insulin treatment tomorrow-tard and night

I understood that type 2 diabetes manifested over time.In other words, the glucose is raising little by little until it reaches exorbitant values ​​as a type 1.

How was your debut?Sudden ?, from one day to another?

adrianasanz
08/31/2022 12:28 p.m.

adrianasanz said:
Isabelbota said:
adrianasanz said:
adrianasanz said:
good morning:

It is what I have read.that the results can be falsified, but it is not such an absolute statement
In the end it is the same insulin treatment tomorrow-tard and night

I understood that type 2 diabetes manifested over time.In other words, the glucose is raising little by little until it reaches exorbitant values ​​as a type 1.

How was your debut?Sudden ?, from one day to another?

Let's see, I don't know what it took (such a high glyce indicates that it has been high time) but in the company they made me analytics and the previous year was fine, so a maximum of a year.I went to the doctor when I had been sleeping for a month lifting every half hour.

isabelbota
08/31/2022 12:48 p.m.

ricki21 said:
Some things have to change in the treatment of type 2 diabetes.Come on, to send you to urgencies triggered.

Well, home they sent me.And when I went down, the doctor insisted that the insulin took me away and left only metformin.I insisted that if I insulin was fine, it was not enough but for not listening to her more for three days and I put myself back from her (2 kg I lost in 3 days because I couldn't eat anything without shooting myself).There I already planted to send me to endo.
I do not think this was for being type2, at that time it was not known, rather because my doctor was an incompetent and did not want to send anyone to the endo, according to she had many diabetic patients and controlled them very well.
What a fear I went through those then ...

isabelbota
08/31/2022 12:54 p.m.

Puff I don't think the antibodies are altered with insulin.I debuted with 368 on an empty stomach, glyc of 13, ketones, 10 kg less, atrocious hunger and polyuria ... mellitus 1 in the emergency analytics.
I started with more metformin insulins.They took my metformin at 3 days, and at 2 months they made the analytics positive in all kinds of antibodies.

In fact, the treatments that study several centers based on encapsulating transplanted cells to avoid the attack of antibody.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
08/31/2022 8:48 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

I was diagnosed with me with a negative antibody 4 years later as type 1 sometimes or they know my debut with more than 10Kilo lost 380 of sugar cloudy view hunger and is excessive with a glyc of 10.1

Rocio36's profile photo
Rocio36
09/01/2022 12:41 a.m.

@Rocio36, sometimes they are based on age and are wrong.With those same symptoms in a child it would be a very clear type 1, even if they gave negative antibodies.This was in the case of my daughter.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
09/01/2022 5:20 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

regina said:
@rocio36, sometimes they are based on age and are wrong.With those same symptoms in a child it would be a very clear type 1, even if they gave negative antibodies.So it was in the case of my daughter.

That's right, there are 10% type 1 that come out in the negative antibody analytics

adrianasanz
09/01/2022 9:06 a.m.

ruthbia said:
puff I don't think the antibodies are altered with insulin.I debuted with 368 on an empty stomach, glyc of 13, ketones, 10 kg less, atrocious hunger and polyuria ... mellitus 1 in the emergency analytics.
I started with more metformin insulins.They took my metformin at 3 days, and at 2 months they made the analytics positive in all kinds of antibodies.

In fact the treatments that study several centers to base the transplanted cells to avoid the attack of the antibody.

There are 10% type 1 that come out in the negative antibody analytics, which of course and a minority.As in Regina's comment.Although there are very few cases the truth

adrianasanz
09/01/2022 9:42 a.m.

Well without it

Rocio36's profile photo
Rocio36
09/01/2022 1:28 p.m.

The theory that they tell us is that a Mellitus I does not generate insulin by an immune attack, if antibodies are not detected, how has the pancreas degraded in this case?Because in a child it does not accommodate wear or obesity (that surely some have seen the diet we carry)

There must be "something" that produces insulin dysfunction.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
09/02/2022 8:23 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Link

What factors could affect the results of my test?
If you use insulin before the test, you will not get a precise result.

adrianasanz
09/05/2022 9:09 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.