{'en': 'Doubt with rapid insulin at lunch', 'es': 'Duda con la insulina rápida en el almuerzo'} Image

Doubt with rapid insulin at lunch

Cassie's profile photo   11/04/2022 11:37 a.m.

Good morning,

I have a question ... every morning I am very methodical with my lunch, always 3 slices of protein bread with a little butter and coffee with almond drink without sugar.

My ratio in the bolus calculator is 1.10ud for lunch, the application always recommends me injecting 1ud.

I have been running with 0.5 for several days because I am left at about 154 ...

What would you do, inject myself 1.5 starting?

Can it be because I don't keep the 15min.Waiting?

Use novorapid.I do not do the 15 min.Because I am getting up at 74, 71, 89 and if I wait for myself, insured downturn ....

What do you recommend?

Thank you so much!

Cassie's profile photo
Cassie
11/04/2022 11:37 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

If you stay stable to 150 I don't think it has to do with the wait.When I do not expect what happens to me is that by acting before the food that insulin I see a peak that then lowers when insulin effects.If I hope, when making more or less effect food and insulin at the same time that peak is not given.
I don't know if those 150 would come down waiting for more time.
If not I might try to get 1.5 a day at breakfast and see what happens.And then you decide.

isabelbota's profile photo
isabelbota
11/04/2022 12:36 p.m.

DM 2 con páncreas agotado desde diciembre 2020. 51 años entonces.
HG diciembre 2020: 15.9. Última HG: julio 2024 5.8
Abasaglar 9 unidades. Metformina, 1000/0/1000. Humalog junior: 2 unid en desayuno y luego en función de lo que coma.

And have you looked if you do not run mid -morning and then tend to go down?If you go down, you wouldn't have to touch anything.

Anaisabel's profile photo
Anaisabel
11/04/2022 12:48 p.m.

@Anaisabel I corrected because the bolus tells me, and I am like that at 3h.If I had injected me .... I suppose it would come down a little, but at the time of the food I would be above 130.

Cassie's profile photo
Cassie
11/04/2022 1:25 p.m.

Well, for me those values ​​150 and 130 would be perfect.

Anaisabel
11/04/2022 1:27 p.m.

@Cassie: You make a breakfast a break without waiting for the 15 minutes?

Ricki21's profile photo
Ricki21
11/04/2022 1:28 p.m.

DM1 desde 1982: Toujeo+Novorapid

@isabelbota I was thinking of trying it tomorrow Saturday, I have not wanted to try it before because since I have to take the motorcycle to go to work, I do not want me to give me a downturn and with the noise I do not find out ...
But I have said I am going to ask my expert pandi ...;)

Cassie's profile photo
Cassie
11/04/2022 1:29 p.m.

@Ricki21 no ... and the trend is stable, but I am high

Cassie's profile photo
Cassie
11/04/2022 1:31 p.m.

It happens to me a month ago that breakfast and at 3 hours I get up if I put insulin low and if I don't go down alone.The truth is that I am not why this climb.

At 8 I have had breakfast and everything is fine and at 11 it starts up to 200 and at 12 it starts to go down and I have arrived well.

Anaisabel
11/04/2022 1:33 p.m.

@Anaisabel Well, it is curious yes ... yesterday I ate the most tasteless thing in the world: green beans, hake (in the lékue) and 1r of apple and put myself at 186 .... cases polytergeist

Cassie's profile photo
Cassie
11/04/2022 1:36 p.m.

I know that breakfast with butter is not ideal, but it is the only whim that I give myself in the day ... My diet is very strict.

Cassie's profile photo
Cassie
11/04/2022 1:37 p.m.

@Cassie, if you don't have peaks after breakfast, don't get up the quick.I would try to go down half a unit at breakfast and wait about 10 minutes to see what happens.You can't get the slow because you get up well.Another idea is to walk for a while when you see the thing starts to upload.

Ricki21's profile photo
Ricki21
11/04/2022 1:38 p.m.

DM1 desde 1982: Toujeo+Novorapid

20 years I have been having breakfast almost every day with butter;)

Anaisabel
11/04/2022 1:39 p.m.

@Cassie, try to put 1.5 units, what happens to you is normal, over time we need more insulin.
I breakfast the same as you, 3 slices of protein bread with butter and coffee with light soyAnd so I achieve not having peaks or downs.
As I am a fan of control, I make my own curves with the Diabox & GT data; :) I am always out of rank at 4 hours for the fats, I have it more than assumed, but my glyc never goes from 6.4,And my mean are 135mg/dl at most.

My body has changed over the years now I need more time for Novorapid to work for me;I tried FIASP but I don't notice improvement in time and if a considerable reduction in the action curve.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
11/04/2022 2:11 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Cassie said:
I know that breakfast with butter is not ideal, but it is the only whim I give myself in the day ... my diet is very strict.

I don't see the problem for breakfast with butter ... 🙄🙄🙄

Another thing is that you will swell with fat, which is not the case.

isabelbota
11/04/2022 2:26 p.m.

Abasaglar 9 unidades. Metformina, 1000/0/1000. Humalog junior: 2 unid en desayuno y luego en función de lo que coma.

Hello chic@s:
I take the opportunity to ask that this thread is open, I just found out of the trick to inject 15 minutes before the food to avoid peaks (I am still novatillo)

I use Novorapid I usually reach meals these days 80-90, I punish me just before the food and go up progressively, until the time I reach maximum peak around the approximately 180 (except when as more simple carbohydrates than simple carbohydrates than simple carbohydrates thanUp to 200 or 200 and peak) from there it goes down until at two hours I return to normal blood glucose values.

Although the climb and the descent is progressive and I do not stick a peak as soon as I eat, I understand that if I inject it will be a little less the maximum peak right?Anyway, as I will try it, I will compare.

My body is my laboratory: P

madmax's profile photo
madmax
11/04/2022 7:22 p.m.

Woody Allen: “Sé que no merezco el Príncipe de Asturias, pero tampoco la diabetes que padezco”.

@madmax do tests, it is not always so at all meals.
As I said, I need 1 hour before at breakfast, 20 min in food and at dinner just when starting to eat.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
11/04/2022 8:43 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Madmax said:
Hello chic@s:
I take the opportunity to ask that this thread is open, I just found out of the trick to inject 15 minutes before the food to avoid peaks (I am still novatillo)

I use Novorapid I usually reach meals these days 80-90, I punish me just before the food and go up progressively, until the time I reach maximum peak around the approximately 180 (except when as more simple carbohydrates than simple carbohydrates than simple carbohydrates thanUp to 200 or 200 and peak) from there it goes down until at two hours I return to normal blood glucose values.

Although the climb and the descent is progressive and I do not stick a peak as soon as I eat, I understand that if I inject it will be a little less the maximum peak right?Anyway, as I will try it, I will compare.

My body is my laboratory: P

Of course, it's a matter of trying.At breakfast I need to click 30 minutes before to square food up with insulin action.
That way I avoid what you say.
That is, if I punish and breakfast, it is normal that from a peak that can reach up to 200, that yes, that immediately drops alone, but making the waiting of 20/30 minutes, they usually block insulin and food and I give maximum, according to the day, between 120-140.
After at the time there is a Polstergeit and I get to 170, but it's the strange thing.
When he did not wait it was normal.

And this because as an integral seed bread.When I ate white bread, the climb was so fast that I had to prick an hour before to square peaks.It seemed excessive so I went to one that I found that it rises slower, at the rhythm of insulin.

Trial -Error.😉

isabelbota
11/04/2022 11:41 p.m.

@Madmax Exact!With Novorapid they advise to inject and wait 15 minutes to start eating ... unless you are very short, then it is better to inject just at the end of eating.If I am more than 100, I wait for the 15 minutes and for normal general I do not make peaks of more than 180 at the meals.

Cassie's profile photo
Cassie
11/04/2022 11:44 p.m.

@Ruthbia if I expected 1 hour as you would have been insured ... In fact for breakfast I do not usually keep the 15min.And I do not do picos ... at food and dinner I wait for the 15min.And I don't do spikes either.Insulin acts quite quickly.

Cassie's profile photo
Cassie
11/04/2022 11:48 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.