{'en': 'Doubt with rapid insulin at lunch', 'es': 'Duda con la insulina rápida en el almuerzo'} Image

Doubt with rapid insulin at lunch

Cassie's profile photo   11/04/2022 11:37 a.m.

@isabelBota Well, I say that !!To eat butter !!Hahaha I have changed to one with salt that is tremendous;Both of the Central Leche brand, and Mercadona's, are very good.

Cassie's profile photo
Cassie
11/04/2022 11:50 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

@Cassie instead of correcting proof to move a little.Take a walk at a good rate of 15 minutes or climb a few floors, until you start missing breath.With that you will accelerate metabolism and change the trend of glycemia.

Ensalada's profile photo
Ensalada
11/05/2022 4:16 p.m.

LADA desde septiembre de 2021
Toujeo y Fiasp
Aprendiendo

Hello chic@s

I have tried the novorapid 15 minutes before eating, the result has been that instead of climbing at approximately 180 I have had a maximum peak of 125, so great.

I have been diagnosed with type 1 diabetes less than 3 weeks;In fact I am still waiting for detailed antibody analyzes, I understand that I am on the honeymoon because my insulin needs are very low;At breakfast (AVENA 35 gr+ Natural Yogurt Frutos+ Black Chocolate+ Coffee With Milk) Do not skewed me insulin, I do some exercise 30 '-60', I have a rise of 165 but at two hours I am stable, in the food normally some some some some some some some some3 fast units (my insulin / HC ratio is 3/5) and at night I usually take copious salads with cooked egg, atun, onion, avocado, olive onion, red pepper, cheese, some whole wheel toast ...Nor do I inject insulin and usually get on 120-140 and I will be stable again at two hours, at night before bed me skewer lantus (8 units) and a kiwi so as not to be low.

I know that this is temporary and that my organism will change, I have no inconvenience in clicking more times but I understand that the body is generating resistance to insulin and we increasingDo so sensitive to insulin, although perhaps it is just a time.

I do not know, the same in the morning I could click a unit a little earlier and so I would not have almost peak, but as doing some sport I am doing well.What do you think?

By the way "salad" I have the huge privilege of having 18 floors where I live, it is more before I used to upload them from time to time two times, I do not remember how many steps were, but a few: D

Greetings and thanks

madmax's profile photo
madmax
11/05/2022 5:28 p.m.

Woody Allen: “Sé que no merezco el Príncipe de Asturias, pero tampoco la diabetes que padezco”.

@ENSALADA, I would like to take walks in the morning, I only give her home to school ... Then I take the motorcycle to go to work and there I work for many hours, in office, which is when I tend to correct myself.Of course, on weekends Don's Stop.

Cassie's profile photo
Cassie
11/05/2022 5:58 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

madmax said:
Hello chic@s

I have tried the novorapid 15 minutes before eating, the result has been that instead of climbing at approximately 180 I have had a maximum peak of 125, so great.

I have been diagnosed with type 1 diabetes less than 3 weeks;In fact I am still waiting for detailed antibody analyzes, I understand that I am on the honeymoon because my insulin needs are very low;At breakfast (AVENA 35 gr+ Natural Yogurt Frutos+ Black Chocolate+ Coffee With Milk) Do not skewed me insulin, I do some exercise 30 '-60', I have a rise of 165 but at two hours I am stable, in the food normally some some some some some some some some3 fast units (my insulin / HC ratio is 3/5) and at night I usually take copious salads with cooked egg, atun, onion, avocado, olive onion, red pepper, cheese, some whole wheel toast ...Nor do I inject insulin and usually get on 120-140 and I will be stable again at two hours, at night before bed me skewer lantus (8 units) and a kiwi so as not to be low.

I know that this is temporary and that my organism will change, I have no inconvenience in clicking more times but I understand that the body is generating resistance to insulin and we increasingDo so sensitive to insulin, although perhaps it is just a time.

I do not know, the same in the morning I could click a unit a little earlier and so I would not have almost peak, but as doing some sport I am doing well.What do you think?

By the way "salad" I have the huge privilege of having 18 floors where I live, it is more before I used to upload them from time to time two times, I do not remember how many steps were, but a few: D

Greetings and thanks

It happens to me the other way around.I do sports before eating and with that at food and dinner if they are controlled I don't need insulin.Sometimes if I pass, or I have a Polstergeit, then m I correct and point.
However at breakfast yes.Maybe because the morning there is more resistance and I also put the slow in the morning, so when I get up there is no longer in my body and how it takes time to take effect I need the quick.
I am on a honeymoon, I have the pancreas almost exhausted.
My opinion is that what can be avoided with sport, if it can be done, then better.The sport is good, and while it works, that insulin that we take away.That I, like you, have no problem clicking more times, and I am aware that I will have to do it by system at all meals shortly, but while it works to move I prefer.Now I'm standing and I can move in the morning, when I can't be another song.
That does not mean that insulin is support for when needed, for that.

isabelbota's profile photo
isabelbota
11/05/2022 7:59 p.m.

DM 2 con páncreas agotado desde diciembre 2020. 51 años entonces.
HG diciembre 2020: 15.9. Última HG: julio 2024 5.8
Abasaglar 9 unidades. Metformina, 1000/0/1000. Humalog junior: 2 unid en desayuno y luego en función de lo que coma.

@Madmax I do not use insulin in meals up to a year and a half later.Only Lantus and 8 units.
Then only 1 unit and little by little the effect of hormones, fats and proteins is needed more.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
11/05/2022 10:50 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Cassie said:
@ruthbia if I waited for me 1 hour as you would have been insured ... in fact for breakfast I do not usually keep the 15min.And I do not do picos ... at food and dinner I wait for the 15min.And I don't do spikes either.Insulin acts quite quickly.

The time depends.During the week breakfast soon and I need that time, the weekend or holidays that I wake up late, after 10:00 I do not need more than 20 min.Endo told me that it is normal, there is some dawn resistance for up to one hour.Based on trying, I know they are more or less 10 in the morning.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
11/06/2022 9:58 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

And what do you think it may be because of what happens to me about 7/20 hours ... my food is at 4pm, always low car, that is rapid action hydrates.Rest of everything.I wear my 3 Humalog units and all controlled until 19/20h that, without eating anything, begins to shoot until 170. Then at 9pm more or less than Ceno, salad with everything and as tuna protein, sausages or turkey,I put my 2.5 u of Humalog and all normal until breakfast ... but I didn't just explain that climb on that time slot

Arse's profile photo
Arse
11/06/2022 4:46 p.m.

Lada desde 2018. Freestyle Libre 2. Tresiva y Humalog J. Alimentación "low carb".

@Sers talked in another thread:
Link

In your case they can be two things: one that the effect of the rapPeople raise glucose because they do and need a rapid insulin reinforcement.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
11/07/2022 8:22 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

@Ruthbia in my case must be "because if" simply.Well, surely some scientific explanation has.In fact, it is exceptional for me to correct me before dinner fast ... from 2 to 2.5 of Humalog.And then I'm perfectly night.I am going to try to anticipate the rapid of dinner at 8pm, although it does not cease until 9pm, since so, I understand that I will be less time with that rare climb before dusk.

Arse's profile photo
Arse
11/07/2022 8:57 a.m.

Lada desde 2018. Freestyle Libre 2. Tresiva y Humalog J. Alimentación "low carb".

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.