{'en': 'Remove Freestyle 2 sensor before being exhausted', 'es': 'Retirar sensor freestyle 2 antes de estar agotado'} Image

Remove Freestyle 2 sensor before being exhausted

madmax's profile photo   11/03/2022 1:01 p.m.

Within a few days I will have to change the sensor for a new one for the first time.

After investigating the theme of the suitability of putting the new 24-48 hours before I have not taken any reliable conclusion in this regard, people comment that they have read that it is better to settle before ,,, but also others thanThey have not noticed improvement.

I understand that the best way for an optimal calibration is to look for the normal glycemia time strip so that it can be calibrated correctly.

I see that maybe I will match an hour that is not very stable.

Would there be any problem with the app if I take it off a couple of hours in advance to find a more stable moment?

Thanks and greetings!

madmax's profile photo
madmax
11/03/2022 1:01 p.m.

Woody Allen: “Sé que no merezco el Príncipe de Asturias, pero tampoco la diabetes que padezco”.

Hello.I, like you, have not noticed any effectiveness in the fact of putting the new sensor several hours before to "live" with the old one.What I do is put it at one hour when there are no glucose variations.Regarding that, this fact does not affect the operation of the app (the ancient sensor is removed a couple of hour before it stops working), but that will lose two hours of useful life of that sensor.I have ever done this, for example if I am going out when I play a sensor change and I know I will not be able to do it at that time.

Carussa's profile photo
Carussa
11/03/2022 1:36 p.m.

DM1 desde octubre de 2019 | Toujeo + Fiasp | FreeStyle | febrero 2023: HbA1c 5,7

Madmax said:
I will have to change the sensor for a new for the first time.

After investigating the theme of the suitability of putting the new 24-48 hours before I have not taken any reliable conclusion in this regard, people comment that they have read that it is better to settle before ,,, but also others thanThey have not noticed improvement.

I understand that the best way for an optimal calibration is to look for the normal glycemia time strip so that it can be calibrated correctly.

I see that maybe I will match an hour that is not very stable, would there be any problem with the app if I take it off a couple of hours in advance to find a more stable moment?

Thanks and a greeting

Problem with the app none, only you lose two hours.And if you have Diabox 16, because Diabox normally measures you 14 hours more after LibreLink says it has been exhausted.
I pay them so hurry until the last hour of Diabox 😉

isabelbota's profile photo
isabelbota
11/03/2022 1:44 p.m.

DM 2 con páncreas agotado desde diciembre 2020. 51 años entonces.
HG diciembre 2020: 15.9. Última HG: julio 2024 5.8
Abasaglar 9 unidades. Metformina, 1000/0/1000. Humalog junior: 2 unid en desayuno y luego en función de lo que coma.

Thanks for the Chic@s.
Very interesting that data that with Diabox Dura I 14 a few more hours ... that would already cover the night.
If I had to pay them, it is clear that I would take advantage of them to the last sorbo, moreover, I would try to resurrect them: D

madmax's profile photo
madmax
11/03/2022 3:14 p.m.

Woody Allen: “Sé que no merezco el Príncipe de Asturias, pero tampoco la diabetes que padezco”.

EYE!That there are not always 14 hours more .... in the sensor's life you put it on, that is where the sensor symbol and the day accountant, minutes, hours ... is on the first screen.

With free 1 yes you had to put it about 12 hours before, with free 2 it is not necessary .... it fails and measures equally evil.Of course, activating it with normoglycemia improves the results quite a lot.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
11/03/2022 3:25 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

I am doing it lately and nailing the measurements, 3 of 3 perfect, I wear it almost a day before.It may be coincidence, I am not sure, I have only had problems this summer/September.Before and after that period I was going/the Free2 is going very well, in fact it is afraid that they change us to 3.
Remove it before, the same, you simply lose those sensor's life.

nigiri's profile photo
nigiri
11/03/2022 6:14 p.m.

DM1 desde 1990 - Fiasp y Toujeo - HG: 6,1

Well, since you say it, Nigiri, the truth is that I think I better put it before.I don't put it so much before (24/48h), usually only about 4/5 hours before.And I am also happy lately because it nails the measures.It exaggerates a little in hyper, but come on, nothing happens because the rest is going very well.
I always put it before, less two or three times that I have died and of course, I had to put it on the fly and I do not know if it will be coincidence but those have measured me worse.
But what was said, lately very well.

isabelbota
11/03/2022 9:06 p.m.

Abasaglar 9 unidades. Metformina, 1000/0/1000. Humalog junior: 2 unid en desayuno y luego en función de lo que coma.

Since the summer I have not had to discard any.The one that I have almost almost almost, drove me crazy with false hypos and strange peaks the first 48 hours and then straightened

Ensalada's profile photo
Ensalada
11/03/2022 9:09 p.m.

LADA desde septiembre de 2021
Toujeo y Fiasp
Aprendiendo

Hello, good afternoon

I have read many comments about the problems, either by anomalous figures, or for definitive failures, which gives the freestyle 2. I think it is the exception that confirms that rule.With the incorporation of alarms, I have nothing to object to the operation and reliability of this sensor.Nor did I have problems with which it took off.
Come on, I see that you are already talking about 3 and creates some doubt a new change.As usually said when one thing goes well, it better not change it.Just stand out in some of them, false hypos, during the first 48 h.approximately, as says salad.

Greetings.

Sorprendido's profile photo
Sorprendido
11/06/2022 8:09 p.m.

Desde 1984 diabético tipo 1
Tresiba al mediodía , Apidra en las comidas.
Glicosiladas alrededor de 6,5 %
"Feliz aquel que reconoce a tiempo que sus deseos no están de acuerdo con sus posibilidades "
Goethe

I never failed any sensor, I think the failures come, when you check the glucose, with strong rises or declines, because it is not the same blood measurement as interstitial and of course, the error is in the use!

andrespmat's profile photo
andrespmat
11/06/2022 8:36 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

@Sortido I have no special complaint except for a couple of lots that came out bad this summer and consequently, I had to discard three in a row I think it was.I am very happy and I also panic about changing to 3, especially because it does not go with a reader, it goes directly with the mobile and I to read the sensor with my mobile I have to pass it at least twice.Not to mention the alarms that fail more than a fair shotgun (at least).
I use the reader only and that's it, I don't just understand how to use reader, mobile, various applications ... but well that each one manages in their own way.

nigiri's profile photo
nigiri
11/06/2022 9:58 p.m.

Nigiri, I just read your comment and now I have worried.Especially for what you tell me that the 3 does not go with a reader.From every 30 readings I make one with my mobile, I am from reader at all hours.Apart that using the mobile bothers me a lot, and it is logical, it is much more comfortable to use the reader, smaller and more manageable.Do you mean that at night you have to have the mobile on, if we want to continue enjoying the alarms?This is so, it seems like a step back.I will try to resist to the fullest, to this change, that I hope it does not arrive.
What I initially raised as a doubt, has become something very similar to panic.And I say, those foreros who talk about their mobiles do not read the sensors, what should they do, change the mobile?All this reasoning seems surreal and at least very worrying.
Excuse me if I put any puff in my comment.I am not very much in new technologies.I am from the analog era and this ... it costs me.

All the best.

Sorprendido
11/06/2022 10:21 p.m.

"Feliz aquel que reconoce a tiempo que sus deseos no están de acuerdo con sus posibilidades "
Goethe

@Sortido that I have read here, that the 3 only goes with my mobile and it happens to me, it seems to me a total delay.For example, the reader's battery lasts a lot, that of the mobile does not, then the reading failures, then not everyone has access to a state -of -the -art mobile and thus countless reasons.
We will see to see but obviously we will have no choice but to adapt although I believe that there is still time for social security to supply 3

nigiri's profile photo
nigiri
11/06/2022 11:15 p.m.

I did not understand why readers took away- I use it a lot for free 2 and for the capillaries.Read much faster than mobile and also approximates the capillary, its calculation algorithm is better than the mobile application.Except when a failed sensor comes out ... a few days ago 2 followed to hell.
I have the alarms on my mobile, I could not update it more than to measure, since I bought it for free1 years ago and does not have the alarm option the update software that I downloaded in its day.

I refused to change free 2 and the same for free3;If there is no choice, I will use Diabox as until now.Bubble has been working for months in free 3;I think that in Germany public health already distributes.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
11/07/2022 8:28 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Good morning
I am glad to read that other foreros bets on the reader, for their speed and efficiency.I cannot imagine at this point, step back, get a new sensor, in this case on 3, which implies the suppression of the reader and that would lead us to a tedious, slow and ineffective mobile, in the best of cases.As Nigiri says not everyone has the possibility of a state -of -the -art mobile.I try from time to time to read the sensor, the 2, with the mobile, and most of the time he desperate, desperate.
It happens that most of us have lived important change in treatment, which have meant improvements, such as the appearance of basal or the same continuous meters.All improvements are accepted very well.Steps back, please, none, as they say, or to take impulse.

In the end we will have to adapt to what the market offers us, with all the doubts and reluctance, and as far as possible to continue using what is going well: Freestyle 2, with its reader.

Good morning for everyone.

Sorprendido
11/07/2022 8:47 a.m.

Goethe

Free 3 goes with almost all mobiles, they don't have to be a machine.I tried my xiaomi (normal) and perfect.
What the web says is the phones with which they have tried it, not that only go with those.

isabelbota
11/07/2022 8:59 a.m.

@Ruthbia you will have to give us advanced Diabox courses to many from here to nothing hahahaha

nigiri's profile photo
nigiri
11/07/2022 10:56 a.m.

My apology and ignorance ahead, what is Diabox?I will ask Ruthbia to also give me an advanced/accelerated course, just in case.

Greetings.

Sorprendido
11/07/2022 11:33 a.m.

Goethe

I was thinking of dumping it in a tutorial, the problem is to take time and how to send it because based on post is very long

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
11/07/2022 12:01 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

For me, only the free with the mobile, and had external applications and all give errors at least in my case and erased them again, the glucose direct can also be calibrated, but it also gives errors and the same diabox, I tried everything and how betterI am with its application !!
At least in my experience !!
And I always went from all that is coming, welcome Free3 !!What I do not do is criticize it before trying it, I would bet that most negative notes are given by people who never saw it, it is like the car s electric, 95% did not try it but.Criticism!!
I understand that we are reluctant to the new,
Long live the advances 🤣🤣🤣

andrespmat's profile photo
andrespmat
11/07/2022 12:21 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.