{'en': 'Sequelae after severe hypoglycemia', 'es': 'Secuelas después de una hipoglucemia severa'} Image

Sequelae after severe hypoglycemia

infodescarga's profile photo   11/29/2022 3:10 p.m.

Hello everyone,

I am Lada for 6 years.I was more than 4 years of honeymoon, I suppose that helped by the amount of sport I do, but I have been with insulin for almost 2 years.

I have never had problems and I think I have quite acceptable control as I say helped by the exercise I do.

In all this time, yesterday I had my first serious hypoglycemia.After clicking in the morning and weeding, glycemia collapsed to 40.

After 3 gels and not overwhelming, they had to warn 112, although I was not uncomcious they put me glucagon and since I was not able to go back they put a tour with glucose serum and for emergencies.

Everything remained in that, except because today I am as if I had run over a truck, with a lot of mocking pain and feeling of brows all over my body.

The educator told me that I had probably exhausted glycogen reserves in a race (12k) that I did on Sunday, but the truth that I carry many, much more demanding and had never happened to me.

Could you tell me if this situation is normal after a fat hypo or should I find something else (having a lot of muscle pain)?

On the other hand of slow put 20 and quickly 3, when it gave me the lowI had already dropped to 100.

Isn't it a bit weird that with all that you climb so little and so little time?

Thanks for your answers and greetings!

infodescarga's profile photo
infodescarga
11/29/2022 3:10 p.m.

-
DM Lada desde 2016 | FreeStyle Libre 2 | Toujeo + Humalog

@infodescarga, because that hiccups have been strong .. will you have confused you?
Once my daughter had a strong hypo, but we fixed it at home with spoonful sugar, I still don't know why.In 30 years it was the only fat scare, marked 11 the glucometer and did not go back .., it could be that the slow one would enter a capillary directly ..
Nothing happens because you are wrong the next day, the muscles will be recovered with their glucose., Without further problem.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
11/30/2022 3:07 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

regina said:
@infodescarga, because that hypo has been strong .. will you have confused you with boli?
Nothing happens because you are wrong the next day, the muscles will be recovered with their glucose., Without further problem.

Thanks for the answer.I am almost certain to 99.9% that I did not confuse the feathers, but I do not rule out that I could have entered blood insulin directly.
After the scare, what I miss me is the muscle pain so exaggerated that it has remained in some places, and that is why I asked, since I had never had to use the glucagon and did not know that I could muscularly affect.
We will have to be more careful, because the experience has not been very pleasant.

infodescarga
11/30/2022 9:09 a.m.

-

@infodescarga go, scare.The truth is that reading these things makes you think.I am not an expert in the subject of insulin bombs, and with respect to the exercise I do not do it at the level that you tell but, if you train so much, it would not be advisable to use an insulin pump?So I think you could practice your sport in a much safer way and with greater control.

Carussa's profile photo
Carussa
11/30/2022 11:38 a.m.

DM1 desde octubre de 2019 | Toujeo + Fiasp | FreeStyle | febrero 2023: HbA1c 5,7

I really don't think the problem is sport, because I do everything and I have never had any problems.Only when I do a lot of background, what I can do is lower the doses that I wear since I do not need so much insulin to be fine and I don't think the bomb gives me more stability.
In this case something weird had to happen, because the glucose collapsed after having punctured and breakfast, and it cost a lot to overcome.
Anyway, @carussa thanks for the Council.

infodescarga
11/30/2022 12:34 p.m.

-

Hello.So I think it would be that part of the slow one went to blood, acting as fast and causing the downturn.Sometimes it happens with insulin Glargina: Lantus or Toujeo.If you are looking for "Lantus Low" on Google you can read about it.

It happened to me at least 4 times in 5 years.Once I went down to 30. And it is horrible because you take glucose, go back and go down again.For 2 or 3 hours ... I didn't need glucagon, but you stay fatal.I understand that glucagon leaves you dust.

To try to avoid this, they have passed me to 4mm needles because I am very thin and I have little fat.The shorter the needle is, the less possibility to make intramuscular injection or catch a capillary.

Vicky Bu's profile photo
Vicky Bu
12/04/2022 10:49 a.m.

Diabetes 1 LADA desde enero 2018
Antes mal diagnosticada como Tipo 2
Toujeo y Humalog Junior
A1c: 6.0

When I do sports, the educator warns me after stopping the body continues to recover and wears an extra glucose expense, I can no longer do strong sports since it goes down much immediately and I have to drink large amounts of glucose to trace

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
12/04/2022 2:07 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

The truth is that sport is what helps me maintain the balance of glycemia.
As soon as I have to stop for injury or other circumstances, I see how I get out of my mind with a clear tendency to climb a lot, so to see if I can balance it again, although it seems to me that it will take time.
Thank you all for your answers.

infodescarga
12/05/2022 8:37 a.m.

-

Well, I also do enough sport, well over the years I go down the rhythm, and the opposite happens to me.I get the glucose with the exercise.For example, now under spinning and if I start 100 I go 140 to 2 hours after finishing the exercise ...I already have it assimilated, but the truth is curious.I no longer give importance, but I am there quite a lot to see those figures and I crushed.

It could be what you say, you will catch a capillary.If not, the explanation is difficult for me.Care

Arse's profile photo
Arse
12/05/2022 9:17 a.m.

Lada desde 2018. Freestyle Libre 2. Tresiva y Humalog J. Alimentación "low carb".

Well I also do enough sport, well over the years I go down the rhythm, and the opposite happens to me.I get the glucose with the exercise.For example, now under spinning and if I start 100 I go 140 to 2 hours after finishing the exercise ...I already have it assimilated, but the truth is curious.I no longer give importance, but I am there quite a lot to see those figures and I crushed.

It could be what you say, you will catch a capillary.If not, the explanation is difficult for me.Conduct

When it comes to an exercise of strength, resistance and that has a lot of anaerobic, due to the stress of the exercise and the hormones that are released, hyperglycemia occurs.It always happens to me and to much more than 140. If I know that the exercise will be of that type, I put 1.5-2 or quickly before to avoid a strong peak.
If it is totally aerobic, it does not usually happen to me.

meginer's profile photo
meginer
12/06/2022 5:51 p.m.

You would have to see if you do not have an excess of insulin more if you keep doing sports or testing lower the dose or breakfasts more
On the other hand it affected me a lot the period of period was when I had the rule I had important dances and instead the previous days I went up
Honey is usually an element to quickly rise glycemia

glarivza22's profile photo
glarivza22
12/11/2022 9:51 p.m.

Lately I have taken a lot of fear that slow insulin will produce hiccups.I mean that I entered muscle or some capillary.
I am injecting 23 abasaglar units at night.I put it in the buttock and last week I got a great drop of blood and I got very scared thinking that I was going to give me a hiccup although later nothing really happened.He was going down a little half an hour and then went up with the dinner he had taken before putting it on.
How should a hypo by slow insulin go?For those 23 units of slow, how many rations should you take?
For a hiccup per fast I have gels or pills and with that I go well, but for the slow I do not know if it would be necessary to act the same.I mean, if 5 units of fast they go directly to blood, it would take a couple of envelopes of 15 grams of glucose gel and a juice and that's it but what if it was slow?

Sandman's profile photo
Sandman
07/23/2024 9:04 a.m.

@Sandman, does not usually happen, but once it happened to my daughter and I had to give sugar to tablespoons with juice, until she began to climb.It was with Lantus.This more than 15 years ago and never happened again.
Anyway, Cocacola is the fastest, surely with a cocacola you fix it.I did not have it at home, and since then I have it always.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
07/23/2024 11:05 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)

@Sandman I understand your fear ... When you see the arrow down, all possible rationality is lost.
With slow insulin, just like the rapid.You see 10grs of sugar and wait 10 'and repeat if necessary and so on ...

A mistake that I sometimes made, that you sure know it, Peeeero in itself ... (I learned it with the famous Murillo Serafin) is to take sugar directly with water, or glucose.Especially if the hypo occurs when you have eaten, or you are in full digestion.I sometimes took advantage and ate chocolate, some bollito (things that I normally could not ...) and what happens?That, even if it has sugar, falls on food that is already being digested and rises so slowly.And more than are products with fats and we already know what happens with fats and processed.
The agony begins, because you have eaten, but it does not go up ... and you eat again and eat ... and of course, when it really starts to climb it gives you a hyper (a robote) that fabric ...
So glucose, water with sugar ... and all the poise you can have at that time.

It goes very badly, but we must also trust our liver that starts to release natural glucagon, and our sympathetic system that makes metabolism accelerate before that moment of danger.

SilviaGRZ's profile photo
SilviaGRZ
07/23/2024 12:29 p.m.

Silvia (España)
Fiaps + Insulatard
Díabética desde los 4 años. Ahora tengo 37.
Hbg 6'9..

More than 30 years ago I had a severe hypoglycemia.They entered me in hospital.The analytics revealed the triggered transaminases, as a result of the seizures I suffered.Like Infodescarga I had macular pain and bospices all over my body.Fortunately it has not been repeated again.
These episodes may be a consequence of a mistake when injecting insulin.If you have prescribed the injunction of 20 units of slow and 5 fast and you are wrong and administers 5 of slow and 20 rapid: catastrophe.

RUBIOARES's profile photo
RUBIOARES
07/28/2024 2:14 p.m.

Rubioares said:
more than 30 years ago I had a very severe hypoglycemia.They entered me in hospital.The analytics revealed the triggered transaminases, as a result of the seizures I suffered.Like Infodescarga I had macular pain and bospices all over my body.Fortunately it has not been repeated again.
These episodes may be a consequence of a mistake when injecting insulin.If you have prescribed the injunction of 20 units of slow and 5 fast and you are wrong and administers 5 of slow and 20 rapid: catastrophe.

Good night.
It happened to me enough years ago that wrong insulin ...
At that time I put 5 of Actrapid for dinner and 22u from Lantus at 23:00.
Well, I had dinner late and put on the 5U quickly, I started to have dinner and put on a quick 22U after dinner ....
I do not want to tell you the night I spent ... and also caught me in a village in Burgos that is in the middle of nowhere, if n no service of any kind ...
Since then, I assure myself double or triple every time I now get the novorapid and the Tresiba ...

Shark's profile photo
Shark
07/28/2024 11:22 p.m.

Hello colleagues !!!In 37 years I have seen hypos of all colors.Those of slow (Lantus, toujeo) are bearable, do not produce a feeling of urgency.Quickly can be very acute, even distressing.Twice I click on the quick night instead of the slow (26u) the first one was with my girl and gave her the Sujsto of her life: 061, ambulance, Glucojet´s ... and recovered in a while.The second was alone in the bedroom and my daughter on the other side of the septum, it cannot be explained, the brain was not able to spin a single coherent thought, if I incorporated again I fell back into bed (something is something)I didn't know what was happening, if I was alive or dead.Was 5, 6 or 7 hours?I don't know, when I "woke up" I am amazed at the fact, I thought "I'm alive!"The resacón was two pairs of such, I needed 48 hours of rest, my brain had renamed everything that would be on hand to perform neuroinger and get myself out of the hole.I still have told me.Of course, of fools nothing, I have never related any myalgia with hypos.
Greetings and watch what Boli we take !!!

fsp4434's profile photo
fsp4434
07/30/2024 6:12 p.m.

@fsp4434, did you rise alone?Without taking anything?PFFF What reservations you had!

Regina's profile photo
Regina
08/01/2024 2:07 p.m.

regina said:
@fsp4434, did you rise alone?Without taking anything?PFFF What reservations you had!

That experience excited my curiosity and read something on the subject, so I say about "my brain had renamed everything that would have been on hand to perform neuroinger and get myself out of the hole."
I think on that night and I put on ... I don't know, transcendental? A drink of the hard.
Greetings colleagues !!

fsp4434's profile photo
fsp4434
08/01/2024 3:23 p.m.

infodescarga said:
the truth that precisely sport is what helps me maintain the balance of blood glucose.
As soon as I have to stop for injury or other circumstances, I see how I get out of my mind with a clear tendency to climb a lot, so to see if I can balance it again, although it seems to me that it will take time.
Thank you all for your answers.

That answer sounds to me ... I could also give it, with those same words, I do a lotIt has something similar, but without getting to glucagon, my recommendation is simply that you try to better control the portions thinking (imagining) in the training you are doing, I know it is not so easy, but if you do daily, you will surely do itWell, and do not worry about recovery, two /three days of rest, go jog and stretch on the way back and the next day you will find yourself very well, a greeting 💪

pamagic's profile photo
pamagic
08/03/2024 9:08 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.