{'en': 'Sequelae after severe hypoglycemia', 'es': 'Secuelas después de una hipoglucemia severa'} Image

Sequelae after severe hypoglycemia

infodescarga's profile photo   11/29/2022 3:10 p.m.

Precisely this Sunday was something similar ... I already got up short (80), but as I had a bike hard route, because I had breakfast like a champion and put on the same fast as always 3.5/4 and the slow 10 ofrigor .... in the middle of a port, at 1h 15 'more or less ... down, descent and more down.So a sugar envelope .... at 15 'another ... and at 30' a banana.Of course I was not going to stay there, so I continued on the bike, very carefully going down.Total that after that, I fell an isostar, a gel and a cake .... I had never happened to me anything similar.The scared and I more.Of course, the binge to things that was not ever was spectacular.It would be for the "Caló"

Arse's profile photo
Arse
08/06/2024 8:15 p.m.

Lada desde 2018. Freestyle Libre 2. Tresiva y Humalog J. Alimentación "low carb".

vicky bu said:
hello.So I think it would be that part of the slow one went to blood, acting as fast and causing the downturn.Sometimes it happens with insulin Glargina: Lantus or Toujeo.If you are looking for "Lantus Low" on Google you can read about it.

It happened to me at least 4 times in 5 years.Once I went down to 30. And it is horrible because you take glucose, go back and go down again.For 2 or 3 hours ... I didn't need glucagon, but you stay fatal.I understand that glucagon leaves you dust.

To try to avoid this, they have passed me to 4mm needles because I am very thin and I have little fat.The shorter the needle is, the less possibility to make intramuscular injection or catch a capillary.

I think the same

marine's profile photo
marine
08/07/2024 6:24 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

infodescarga said:
hello everyone,

I am Lada for 6 years.I was more than 4 years of honeymoon, I suppose that helped by the amount of sport I do, but I have been with insulin for almost 2 years.

I have never had problems and I think I have quite acceptable control as I say helped by the exercise I do.

In all this time, yesterday I had my first serious hypoglycemia.After clicking in the morning and weeding, glycemia collapsed to 40.

After 3 gels and not overwhelming, they had to warn 112, although I was not uncomcious they put me glucagon and since I was not able to go back they put a tour with glucose serum and for emergencies.

Everything remained in that, except because today I am as if I had run over a truck, with a lot of mocking pain and feeling of brows all over my body.

The educator told me that I had probably exhausted glycogen reserves in a race (12k) that I did on Sunday, but the truth that I carry many, much more demanding and had never happened to me.

Could you tell me if this situation is normal after a fat hypo or should I find something else (having a lot of muscle pain)?

On the other hand of slow put 20 and quickly 3, when it gave me the lowI had already dropped to 100.

Isn't it a bit weird that with all that you climb so little and so little time?

Thanks for your answers and greetings!

I have never dropped from 50 but it has left me quite bad.

CarlosT's profile photo
CarlosT
08/12/2024 5:03 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.