{'en': 'My first Christmas ....', 'es': 'Mis primeras Navidades....'} Image

My first Christmas ....

Cassie's profile photo   12/20/2022 1:17 p.m.

Hello!

I have been reading in the forum everything that has come out of the fear "Christmas" .... these are my first and have assaulted some doubts that I do not know if silly:

Do you put yourself at food or dinner all the necessary doses for what you are going to eat previously?

Calculating hors d'oeuvres, 1st dish, 2nd plate, nougat or polvorón ... or in the absence of the juicy desserts, do you put what is necessary and then click on what is necessary for a piece of nougat or dust?

Because of course, these meals lengthen a couple of hours and it is not a plan to finish and half choked ZAMPARTE running dessert .... What do you usually do?

Do you part the total bolus in 2?

I don't know any counseling so as not to put the leg too much .....

Thank you very much and happy parties to everyone !!

Cassie's profile photo
Cassie
12/20/2022 1:17 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hi, @Cassie

First Christmas in the fabulous world of diabetes!Yujuuu!I always distribute insulin to great comilonas, I also do it when it was, because although I know what I have asked, I don't know how long it will take it or how much it is.In addition, if they are dishes to share, one thing is to see them all at the table (and that cheats a lot) and another is to know what portion you are going to eat.Also keep in mind that in these large meals you are usually talk and eat at another rhythm.

As I cannot know the total bolus, I start by putting what I usually prick for a "normal" meal and at hour and a half I look to see how the thing is going and if I have to add a little more.I am one of those who prefer to add little in little because the desserts must be seen to come: they are not only so rich by hydrates and sugars, but also because of the fat they carry and do not usually climb when you think they will do it, butlater.

The sensor will be your great ally.Do not rush with insulin and enjoy the holidays.: Smiley:

Palomilla's profile photo
Palomilla
12/20/2022 1:38 p.m.

DM1 desde abril 2018.
Toujeo y Fiasp.
Primero, Dexcom G4, luego, FreeStyle 2 (SS), ahora, Dexcom One (SS).

Well, I am lump and then I replenish whatever it takes.But I do not take sweets, only classic nougat that has little hydrates being almond almost everything and 2 trocines.
They sound like the fats later.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
12/20/2022 1:49 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

These are my second Christmas.Last year, on New Year's Eve, I was so proud to have succeeded with the dose and when I went to bed I was very high ...
The grapes !!It happened to me to wear something for the grapes, which are almost two portions of HC.
Yes. It is best to put insulin for fascicles, the meals are lengthened and you cannot calculate apriori the hydrates you are going to take.

Ensalada's profile photo
Ensalada
12/20/2022 9:10 p.m.

LADA desde septiembre de 2021
Toujeo y Fiasp
Aprendiendo

Better to be a little to give you a downturn in full family reunion.Take advantage of any excuse to move: Help to collect the dishes, make trips to the kitchen, signed up to take a walk to "lower the food", ... most likely that after three or four hours you have to correct by theTheme of fats and proteins.

Ricki21's profile photo
Ricki21
12/21/2022 8:46 a.m.

DM1 desde 1982: Toujeo+Novorapid

At this time I appreciate being a weirdo that in these days does not lend themselves to great comilones.
Since childhood I went from all those hors d'oeuvres, seafood, huge dishes, a thousand desserts ... I with a normal dish of meat or fish with their corresponding Patatitas I am already happy.Then a piece of Suchard nougat and a almond polvorón.I punctuate in two batches, dinner and then desserts, especially since I usually have to wait a lot.In my family they take it easy and as I usually finish before most, if I put all the insulin of one at the beginning of dinner, I go to head hypoglycemia.My aunt instead, which is also T1, is punctured before dinner, because she goes with everything from pecking prior to Polvorón, does not have to wait and do not give her hypos.Of course, we both controlled enough before dinner to reach a "low" value to dinner, that is, better in 80 than in 100.

Each master has its booklet in these meals ... I sign up what @ricki21 comments: move help !!And you always look good to the kitchen;)

@Ensalada and, partly, I don't like grapes hahaha, and because I never liked it.I like worms, that for 12 you do not have to click anything, they are gold

Happy parties and good graphics for everyone !!

Tam's profile photo
Tam
12/21/2022 10:16 p.m.

Diabetes tipo 1 desde los 28. Cuando quedo con mis amig@s siempre llego tarde, en la diabetes no iba a ser diferente 😅 También tengo hipotiroidismo, asma y alergias varias... soy una pupas.

Levemir y Fiasp
Freestyle Libre 2
Última HbA1c: 6 (Marzo 2023)

Here a type 2 diabetic, which for me with 46 years Christmas is the same as always thanks to the medication, as of everything and forgive me if I give you envy !! right now while I write this I am finishing a box of chocolates (20units) .....

Pyrri's profile photo
Pyrri
12/21/2022 11:15 p.m.

Diabetes Tipo 2 (2014) con 38 años - Neuropatía Diabética (2013) - Polineuropatía Diabética sensitiva axonal moderado-grave en miembros inferiores (2021) - Jubilado en 2022 con 45 años. (Synjardy (Mettformina) - Trulicity - Ozempic - Gabapentina). HBA1c: 4,5%. Discapacidad del 35% - Presbicia con 45 años (ya no veo de cerca, pero no hay retinopatía diabética en los ojos). Abuela materna y Abuela paterna e tíos diabéticos tipo 1

@Tam the worms has been very good, I have laughed a lot and I think I sign it;) I will surely change them for the grapes .....
Thank you all for your contributions, I think I will do that, click for food and hors d'oeuvres and then give me another bolus for a nougat piece and a dust ...
I am the typical that I lift the first on the table to take a hand, so I will have no problem exercising ..... hahahaha

Cassie's profile photo
Cassie
12/22/2022 11:37 a.m.

pyrri said:
here a type 2 diabetic, which for me with 46 years Christmas is the same as always thanks to the medication, as of everything and forgive me if I give you envy !!, nowsame while I write this I am finishing a box of chocolates (20 units) .....

well yes!How lucky yours pyrri !!I am starting to allow me some small croissants of chocolate when I go on my way to hiccups and how good they feel !!

Cassie's profile photo
Cassie
12/22/2022 11:39 a.m.

For me they will also be the first Christmas and I wanted to thank you all, the comments you leave since they help a lot to take this.

tollo's profile photo
tollo
12/22/2022 8:10 p.m.

DM1 Debut: Mayo 2022
FreeStyle Libre 2
Novorapid: 3ud desayuno + 3ud comida + 3ud cena.
Toujeo: 20 ud noche.
HbA1: Mayo22 11.6% Julio22 7.5% Sept22 6.5% Agost23 6.2%

I will have a pastry day tomorrow.I think I will make an apple cake suitable for DT, chocolate gypsy arm, that is not suitable, custard with sighs and roasted apples ..... and another 3 different for the next weekend.
It is that they have complained in the family because since I am DT I have not made great desserts .... This year I would strive.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
12/22/2022 9:09 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

You have to enjoy control, if the accounts go wrong, try to fix and that's it;)
Happy parties!

Anaisabel's profile photo
Anaisabel
12/23/2022 5:36 p.m.

A lot of unimportant.These my second Christmas as diabetic.First of all responsibility and control.

JorgeManuel's profile photo
JorgeManuel
12/24/2022 1:07 a.m.

Prediabetico desde 2021
(Sin medicación) Dieta y ejercicio

Right now, practically at this time, 3 years ago I debuted.At half past nine in the morning of December 24, 2019 I was leaving the pharmacy where I had just given 279 blood glucose in a routine test.My life changed forever and still had no idea how much.

I have spent 2 Christmas injecting only slow insulin and making a practically normal life.These will be my first Christmas with fast insulin and counting rations and I am quite scared, especially with the theme of alcohol, because when we meet all the brothers we like to extend the desktop for hours with their glasses and others.Unfortunately we cannot all coincide as often as we would like and, these days, because we like to take advantage of them.

Sandman's profile photo
Sandman
12/24/2022 9:47 a.m.

Well, yesterday having dinner and did not ate medium beer and then pica and turron without added sugars and after putting the insulin, at the time I saw 223 and put on a bolus of 10 units and went to sleep and I saw myself in the sensorThat tonight I have reached 400 and it has dropped to 273 a while ago I have looked, I have put the insulin 15 MINS but we can not have breakfast anything .... what a disaster I am with a depression now ... since winter I have manyProblems to control the sugar is shot in the afternoon, early morning, current?That is an antigualla, I use one that you put on and eat or after eating it even puts it

Rogerix's profile photo
Rogerix
12/25/2022 9:25 a.m.

rogerix said:
well yesterday having dinner and I don't eat anything special beer and then pica pica and turron without sugars added and after putting the insulin, at the time I saw 223 and I put on a bolusFrom 10 units and I went to sleep and I see myself in the sensor that I have reached 400 tonight and it has dropped 273 a while ago I have looked, I have put the insulin 15 MINS but we can not have breakfast anything ...I am disaster now now ... From winter I have many problems to control the sugar, I am shooting in the afternoon, early morning, currently I use novorapid but I am going to ask my doctor to change to Fiasp that is absorbed in 2 minutes and acts much moreFast, in fact a diabetic told me, are you still with novorapid?That is an antigualla, I use one that you put on and eat or after eating it even puts it

The other day my endocrine told me that these parties did not eat my coconut and enjoy, because the stress is worse than a little glucose ... yesterday Christmasboua with 118, 15 minutes before dinner I put 9 units of fast and 18 of basal, how normal the others had dinner, Tomè Turròn varied sweets like the others and at two hours of dinner was in 257 and I put on 3 more units when I went to bed.At the 5 morning I was in 166 and I got up with 121. Man!Nor is it that one "machaque" to live, but as the joke of the doctor who took everything good to his patient and he asked him-and ... then, live?To which the doctor replied: it will seem like you to live.: D

cacharro's profile photo
cacharro
12/25/2022 12:29 p.m.

Already but I cannot do that I already have complications derived from sugar and the only thing I achieve doing that is worsening, in the end if you eat nougat with sugar will rise to you for a lot of insulin that you put and you have to continue continuously during the following hours and it is aCoñazo, I did not before but no longer, it ate everything and it went from everything too and so it has gone ...

Rogerix's profile photo
Rogerix
12/25/2022 3:16 p.m.

On Christmas Eve also happened to me strange things.

At two hours of dinner was in 145, which seemed like a success and during the early morning, from 1 I did not go out of 210, correcting twice.

I got up with 215 at 8 in the morning
That can no longer be from dinner, it is impossible.I don't know what would happen.

I suspect it would have to do with the slow.I put it on the buttocks and how I have to be as well as a contortist of the Circus of the Sun, the same did not enter the entire dose ...

The 25th I got faster to eat and chop it turbate (three very small traces and the almonds without sugar) and in the afternoon, at 7, hypo the song.Also outside food action schedule- fast insulin

Christmas X File

Ensalada's profile photo
Ensalada
12/26/2022 9:08 a.m.

Toujeo y Fiasp
Aprendiendo

@ENSALADA Have you tried the slow belly?I always put it there and avoid being a contortist and you know that the whole dose enters.Since I started autumn that I have been horrors to be well, I have gone from an average of 147 to be in an average of 180 that for me is disastrous and to see the February hemo the last one was 6.2 we will see in February I also have to say thatHaving a new mobile to look at the average of the year I have to go to the PC that there is all sure that it has risen to 160 or so

Rogerix's profile photo
Rogerix
12/26/2022 1:03 p.m.

Thanks @ROGERIX.La Reervo belly for corrections because bruises are very easily.
Like you, from a cold that I had in November, I have runaway glycemia, I don't get her.He had some book numbers and an enviable variability and now I live in a continuous roller coaster.Let's see if we are stabilizing ...

Ensalada's profile photo
Ensalada
12/26/2022 4:03 p.m.

Toujeo y Fiasp
Aprendiendo

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.